Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

I completely ignored factions in year 1. Only got NM to lvl 4 on Titan. Will be pledging to FWC as they roll Int and Dis. Will be a long while before I hit lvl 25 fore the faction specific quest. I would trade in motes or something, but they just don't give enough rep, I don't think.

Yep I was late to the table also but you can just assign one faction to each character and when you rank up and collect packages just swap them to another character that you need some armour for. The packages can contain armour or weapons but the armour will decrypt to the character you currently hold the pacakage on, well I'm almost sure anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

PlainP wrote: »
    You'd expect a bit more of a mess for the after shot me thinks

That bush seems to have expanded considerably tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

dudeeile wrote: »
    Couple of hours away from getting my hands on TTK and my plan is laid out below, I'll be doing this on all 3 characters.
    1. Head to tower, drop a focused light and complete 'edging of factions', hopefully get a weapon for each slot as I will have 6 packages.
    2. Do first mission and subclass mission.
    3. Back to tower, equip new gear & weapons and drop another focused light and start cashing in those bounties and public events.
    Roughly 3 hours of play time so might just manage the above.
    1. Do first mission and subclass mission.
    2. Back to tower, equip new gear & weapons and drop another focused light and start cashing in those bounties and public events.
    3. Head to tower, drop a focused light and complete 'edging of factions', hopefully get a weapon for each slot as I will have 6 packages.
    ^^ that order IMO, better to just unlock the subclass asap and dump all xp into it. You wont need decent weapons for the first mission

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

So is the price for TTK the same regardless of whether you already own the base game or not? Or am I missing something?

Yes, same price.
    Ah, edging, Destiny's digital version of foreplay rimming. :eek:

I completely ignored factions in year 1. Only got NM to lvl 4 on Titan. Will be pledging to FWC as they roll Int and Dis. Will be a long while before I hit lvl 25 fore the faction specific quest. I would trade in motes or something, but they just don't give enough rep, I don't think.

I think those rep packages you buy from the faction for 5 motes give about 100 rep. I used up about 50 motes to jump a rank, up to 2 now, still have zero marks though.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

So is the price for TTK the same regardless of whether you already own the base game or not? Or am I missing something?
    Ok, so it seems because I was an early adopter that gave up and didn't buy the first 2 expansions, my only option is to purchase the TTK bundle and get another copy of the main game?

It'd actually be more expensive to purchase the first 2 expansions and the TTK expansion. That's ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Ok, so it seems because I was an early adopter that gave up and didn't buy the first 2 expansions, my only option is to purchase the TTK bundle and get another copy of the main game?

It'd actually be more expensive to purchase the first 2 expansions and the TTK expansion. That's ridiculous.

Sell your original copy, make some money back.

I've spent €58 quid base game / €35 quid expansion pass / €40 quid TTK - €135 quid all in.

Collectors edition is what? €80 quid. CEX will give ya €12 quid for Vanilla Destiny. So, you'll get everything for €68 quid roughly. If your serious about getting back in, thats a great deal.

Sell your original copy, make some money back.

I've spent €58 quid base game / €35 quid expansion pass / €40 quid TTK - €135 quid all in.

Collectors edition is what? €80 quid. CEX will give ya €12 quid for Vanilla Destiny. So, you'll get everything for €68 quid roughly. If your serious about getting back in, thats a great deal.
    I think I'll have to do that.

At the end of the day, it's all about how you as an individual perceive value for money.

I've definitely gotten mine: 455 hours total over 3 characters (which is a lot less than some others), at €135 quid equates to €0.30 an hour. That's insane value for money, considering what we would spend money on in our down time for entertainment.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

At the end of the day, it's all about how you as an individual perceive value for money.

I've definitely gotten mine: 455 hours total over 3 characters (which is a lot less than some others), at €135 quid equates to €3.40 an hour. To me that's great value for money, considering what we would spend money on in our down time for entertainment.

30 cent an hour more like

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

Those figures are flipped Knave, so its even cheaper than that. Reckon you had a late night too :)
    Seriously good value for money - if you're more than an occasional player that is.

• Advertisement

30 cent an hour more like

Yep. 30 cent an hour. And I work in a bank. God help me.
    CDBWhoop wrote: »
    Those figures are flipped Knave, so its even cheaper than that. Reckon you had a late night too :)
    Seriously good value for money - if you're more than an occasional player that is.

2 this morning my head hit the pillow, and was up again four hours latter with the little fella's morning bottle. Mr's Knave off to her mothers tonight so WOOHOOOOOOOO.

I've definitely gotten mine: 455 hours total over 3 characters (which is a lot less than some others), at €135 quid equates to €0.30 an hour. That's insane value for money, considering what we would spend money on in our down time for entertainment.
    I totally understand - I think it's just reluctance on my part considering I didn't particularly like the game when it first came out.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

You can get the Legendary Edition for £35 from Simply Games.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    You can get the Legendary Edition for £35 from Simply Games.
    Cheers for that - I'll give them a go; you used them before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

Cheers for that - I'll give them a go; you used them before?

I have ordered it from them and I'm just waiting for the delivery. Really good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Just completed the nightfall, two blue engrams and ten strange coins. The controller nearly got put through the TV.

Foxer got the new exotic fusion rifle. I've had to step away for a minute..... :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Just completed the nightfall, two blue engrams and ten strange coins. The controller nearly got put through the TV.

Frustratingly hard or? Still fun I hope.
    Foxer got the new exotic fusion rifle. I've had to step away for a minute..... :pac:

Telesto? I got that last night from a legendary engram, I was pleased. :D

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Frustratingly hard or? Still fun I hope.

Telesto? I got that last night from a legendary engram, I was pleased. :D
    Not too hard or frustrating. It was just the usual of the it slow and steady.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Does NF open up once I hit a certain level or do I have to finish story?

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Anyone fancy running this tonight about 10 ?

• Advertisement

PetKing wrote: »

It says recommended light is 280. I was 279, foxer 278 and the other guy with us was 282. Not sure at what level it becomes available though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

And it's a lovely bit of kit.......:D

foxerv1 wrote: »
    And it's a lovely bit of kit.......:D

Ha! I'm not bitter....... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

PetKing wrote: »

Both.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Finally got started on this tonight.

Are the old legendaries useless now?

I got a green auto rifle which out stat's my legendary one?

Maybe you can upgrade the old ones?

I'm thinking exotics too like hawkmoon etc..

After all this time the last word exotic just dropped for me in an engram.

Anyway enjoying it so far. Got to level 37.

Feel like I was going from person to person in the tower and they kept giving me stuff.

Played a small amount of crucible which got me to level 37.

Once I get 40 with my Titan I'll start a warlock. Finally giving into having a 2nd character.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I imagine that the exotics will tell a top up much like the first time with Xur..trade in your old one for a new improved model :)

ah here we go...

http://www.polygon.com/2015/9/15/9328027/destiny-exotic-weapons-armor-list-year-two-upgrades

damn..I just closed the game and now had to open it again :D

you need 150 legendary marks which you don't start earning till level 40

https://www.vg247.com/2015/09/16/destiny-the-taken-king-how-to-get-legendary-marks/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Liking the changes to existing strikes, with added Taken enemies. Spices the usual Strikes up a bit. Hit 40 tonight and am at about light lvl220. Will run some more Strikes over the next few days, and get those quests that give Legendary Marks done too.

Really enjoying the Stormcaller class. Feels like the ultimate badass :)

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

So about these vanguard marks ..... Am i right in saying that realistically you are looking at approximately 240 marks a week assuming you show up each day for the daily mission and daily crucible matches ? Not including missions that give points ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,463 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

If you have a chance to participate in the Enemy moves against each other event on the Dreadnought, head to the right side where the Hive spawn from. Serious level of carnage with a few people super chaining. The Nightstalker class's exploding tether is a blast in the cave.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Finished Regicide last night despite constant baboon errors kicking me. Was respawning to black screens and hearing myself die repeatedly, slightly spoiled it. Maybe it will be more impressive the next two times. Question, on my first entry into the room at end of level I died once, on respawn it can up on screen "waiting for allies" and a timer counted down from 5 seconds. What's that about?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement