Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Just read on Reddit that before you decrift engram's make sure you have your max light gear on. Then the engram decodes into something with slightly more light and will bring your total up a small bit.

I haven't tried it yet myself but will give it a go later.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,274 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Just read on Reddit that before you decrift engram's make sure you have your max light gear on. Then the engram decodes into something with slightly more light and will bring your total up a small bit.

Yeah that works for the most part, though I think you might need your max light stuff on you when the gear drops rather than when you decrypt. Also wear your max light equipment when running strikes crucible no matter what, as you'll likely get blues higher than what you're wearing. I have full legendary gear on my hunter but have had to ditch some of it for superior blues. I looked at Ferrigan after he did the nightfall and most of his gear is blue but with really high defence, all very close to 280 across the board.

You can also use the blue armour/weapons to infuse your legendary stuff, I got my sword up from 220 to 250 attack by dismantling two blue machine guns with higher attack. If you find a legendary bit of gear you like but the defence/attack is low it's possible to keep bringing it up.

One thing I noticed that's a bit annoying is the daily crucible rewards are only a one off, once you get your 15 marks on one character there's no reward on yor alternates.

Have two characters at lvl40 now, Hunter with around 260 light and Warlock just over 240.

Sickened to be back at work today, think I've already clocked up 20+ hours since Tuesday evening :o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Don't think I'll be running a 2nd character for a while at least, so much stuff to do. Still not raid ready yet either, did most of the crucible quests which landed me absolutely nothing so I'm only about 243 and need to get to 280 by Friday. Completed the first few parts of that exotic shotgun quest and now I need to finish a 290 strike :/

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Yeah that works for the most part, though I think you might need your max light stuff on you when the gear drops rather than when you decrypt. Also wear your max light equipment when running strikes crucible no matter what, as you'll likely get blues higher than what you're wearing. I have full legendary gear on my hunter but have had to ditch some of it for superior blues. I looked at Ferrigan after he did the nightfall and most of his gear is blue but with really high defence, all very close to 280 across the board.

You can also use the blue armour/weapons to infuse your legendary stuff, I got my sword up from 220 to 250 attack by dismantling two blue machine guns with higher attack. If you find a legendary bit of gear you like but the defence/attack is low it's possible to keep bringing it up.

One thing I noticed that's a bit annoying is the daily crucible rewards are only a one off, once you get your 15 marks on one character there's no reward on yor alternates.

Have two characters at lvl40 now, Hunter with around 260 light and Warlock just over 240.

Sickened to be back at work today, think I've already clocked up 20+ hours since Tuesday evening :o

Give me a shout when your starting your third character and I'll start my second. Ive played through most of the story and quests solo but was on yesterday with Soulzee and Dale doing strikes. Wouldn't mind running through everything with a fireteam next time.

I'm the same. Played for about 5/6 hours yesterday and about the same on Tuesday evening. Can't wait to get home this evening and finish a few quests and finish the last quarter of a node on my Sunbreaker subclass.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,274 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

AdamD wrote: »
    Don't think I'll be running a 2nd character for a while at least, so much stuff to do. Still not raid ready yet either, did most of the crucible quests which landed me absolutely nothing so I'm only about 243 and need to get to 280 by Friday. Completed the first few parts of that exotic shotgun quest and now I need to finish a 290 strike :/

How far into the crucible quests are you? my next step is two rift wins for dead orbit. Still waiting for the supposed "nightfall level reward" to materialise.
    Give me a shout when your starting your third character and I'll start my second. Ive played through most of the story and quests solo but was on yesterday with Soulzee and Dale doing strikes. Wouldn't mind running through everything with a fireteam next time.

I'm the same. Played for about 5/6 hours yesterday and about the same on Tuesday evening. Can't wait to get home this evening and finish a few quests and finish the last quarter of a node on my Sunbreaker subclass.

Will do man, will likely be next week before I do it. I made a Titan yesterday and used the spark to make them 25 but want to concentrate on getting the hunter up as ahigh as possible now.

Sorry I didn't take your invite yesterday mrining btw, was just joining up with johnny when you sent it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

True I figure this out yesterday while I was turning some engrams in for my titan without equipping all my "top" gear, my engrams were decoding in ~light level stuff, as soon as I put it on I started getting higher light level things.

I have managed to bring all my guardians to ~270. No I will start focus on 1 and bring him over 280 to start doing nightfalls. Weeklys were easy enough EXCEPT for that rasputin strike with the warsat. that was not easy at all!

I also picked up The Vanity from FWC, unbelievable Hand Cannon, luck in the chamber and firefly, better stats that hawkmoon! I am pretty sure it will be good in crucible as well

Trying to complete the exotic bounty for dead orbit, the strike part is killing me, hard to find a group who knows what they are doing and people that are not AFK or leave at the beginning... :(

True but you get 3 x amount of marks, use to be 5 per daily not it is 15.

Also dailys are way harder (or so it seems for me) than previously

I got a shotgun called Immobus as a reward from doing a short quest with the gunsmith. Perks are Surrounded, weapon gains bounus damage when surrounded by three or more enemies, and Bouncer, kills inside Ward of Dawn with Armour of Light do not expell ammo.

Anybody else get this ?

How far into the crucible quests are you? my next step is two rift wins for dead orbit. Still waiting for the supposed "nightfall level reward" to materialise.

Will do man, will likely be next week before I do it. I made a Titan yesterday and used the spark to make them 25 but want to concentrate on getting the hunter up as ahigh as possible now.

Sorry I didn't take your invite yesterday mrining btw, was just joining up with johnny when you sent it.

No worries. I'm focusing on getting Hammer Time as high as possible for the Raid this weekend. Will work on the rest over the next few weeks.

Oh yea forgot about that. We were running Heroic stikes and Dale was heading off for a bit so wanted to see did you want a spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭thebag89

I got a shotgun called Immobus as a reward from doing a short quest with the gunsmith. Perks are Surrounded, weapon gains bounus damage when surrounded by three or more enemies, and Bouncer, kills inside Ward of Dawn with Armour of Light do not expell ammo.

Anybody else get this ?

Yep, got it last night. Fairly certain you get the quest for giving him those fusion rifles.

Was it when you hit rank two? i think you get a class specific quest from him, I have one sitting on my hunter to get 75 kills with a sniper while a telemetry is active.

• Advertisement

Yes and no, I'd just gotten half way up rank two and had just handed in a fusion rifle so can't say for sure.

Was it when you hit rank two? i think you get a class specific quest from him, I have one sitting on my hunter to get 75 kills with a sniper while a telemetry is active.

Yea dropped when I ranked to 2. Mine was 75 shotgun kills with a special telemetry active.

Bag I think those legendary fusions you find are for an Exotic Fusion.

Is the fusion rifles another bounty you got from him?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Only just caught up on the previous expansions and was really pleased with House of Wolves. It was such a marked change for the better compared to the base game, and it left on level 38 so I'm dying to jump into the Taken King stuff. Is the solo stuff about the same length as Wolves?

Only just caught up on the previous expansions and was really pleased with House of Wolves. It was such a marked change for the better compared to the base game, and it left on level 38 so I'm dying to jump into the Taken King stuff. Is the solo stuff about the same length as Wolves?

It's longer but still very doable in one evening. There's a lot more quests and stuff after it though.

Much much longer.

Is the fusion rifles another bounty you got from him?

No random drops from enemies, they go into your mission slots and you turn them into banshee for rep.

Word of warning for folks on Xbox preview thinking of opting in for the first wave of the Windows 10 update, one of the known issues is certain games failing to launch and Taken King is one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Working through the Taken war etc yesterday. Just over 250 light and got a year 2 Thunderlord from legendary engram from a strike boss drop :).

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

I got a quest from the Gunsmith asking me to test a fusion rifle with a telemetry active. After completing that I had to dismantle rare/legendary fusion rifles. I dismantled 2 legendaries to complete the step and got a 280 Solar Susanoo; with elemental transfusion.

I'm really enjoying 2.0 - spent ages last night traipsing around the Dreadnaught; found a sublime engram last night that gave me a fancy helmet (I think it is the PS4 helmet) and have got up to 250 light. Also, Storm trance is cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

Can i ask a newb question. I'm going to wait until payday to get this. Is the best option to just get the Taken King Legendary edition, and do the level jump to 25? Am I missing anything over the next week or so, if I wait? I know from Twitch there is a lot of good gear floating around at the min etc. Will i miss much if i leave it a week?

nevelator wrote: »
    I got a quest from the Gunsmith asking me to test fusion rifle with a telemetry active. After that I had to dismantle in rare/legendary fusion rifles. I dismantled 2 legendaries to complete the step and got a 280 Solar Susanoo; with elemental transfusion.

Got that mission as well, will be worth doing for a 280 weapon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

nevelator wrote: »
    Also, Storm trance is cool:

OP is OP. Nurf

DeclanRe wrote: »
    Can i ask a newb question. I'm going to wait until payday to get this. Is the best option to just get the Taken King Legendary edition, and do the level jump to 25? Am I missing anything over the next week or so, if I wait? I know from Twitch there is a lot of good gear floating around at the min etc. Will i miss much if i leave it a week?

If you don't have the original Destiny and the 2 expansions, then the Taken King Legendary is probably your best option, as it includes Destiny, the 2 earlier expansions and the Taken King, so you get all the content.

As for waiting a week. You will be fine, you will be able to get the gear etc no problem in a weeks time from the various missions etc.

wes wrote: »
    If you don't have the original Destiny and the 2 expansions, then the Taken King Legendary is probably your best option, as it includes Destiny, the 2 earlier expansions and the Taken King, so you get all the content.

As for waiting a week. You will be fine, you will be able to get the gear etc no problem in a weeks time from the various missions etc.

Great thanks for the info - looking forward to getting started. Hopefully I can join some of the guys here for some game time, when i get leveled up.

Great thanks for the info - looking forward to getting started. Hopefully I can join some of the guys here for some game time, when i get leveled up.

I've said it before but the Legendary Edition of The Taken King is £35 from Simply Games. Don't give GameStop €80/90 for the same thing.

Edit: Gone back up to £40 now. Still a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Make sure to join the clan, link in my signature. Any and everyone will be more than willing to lend a hand.

Are you a PS or XBone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Word of warning for folks on Xbox preview thinking of opting in for the first wave of the Windows 10 update, one of the known issues is certain games failing to launch and Taken King is one of them.

I was just about to post this. I got the opt in message last night, glad I waited!

In other news, I think if you get the gunsmith to rank 3 you get another class quest for an exotic. I'm now running around crucible with that dodgy rocket launcher from last week trying to get him edged over.

Make sure to join the clan, link in my signature. Any and everyone will be more than willing to lend a hand.

Are you a PS or XBone?

I'm PS - Yea there seems to be a great community feeling in the destiny groups. I'll join the clan for sure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

On the faction one too. Think we need 2 wins on a game mode for each faction. Then there's one thats basically win 3 games in a row and I think after that we might unlock the weekly bounties which give NF rewards.

Actually might have to do the gunsmith one too, which I think is win 2/3 matches getting 6 kills with each type of primary weapon.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement