Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I was just about to post this. I got the opt in message last night, glad I waited!

In other news, I think if you get the gunsmith to rank 3 you get another class quest for an exotic. I'm now running around crucible with that dodgy rocket launcher from last week trying to get him edged over.

Its for Ace Of Spades.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,274 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

AdamD wrote: »
    On the faction one too. Think we need 2 wins on a game mode for each faction. Then there's one thats basically win 3 games in a row and I think after that we might unlock the weekly bounties which give NF rewards

So what we're doing at the moment isn't the weekly, it's the quest to unlock the weekly? Hopefully it will be less of a slog after this.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Mickeroo wrote: »
    So what we're doing at the moment isn't the weekly, it's the quest to unlock the weekly? Hopefully it will be less of a slog after this.

Yeah I think after you've completed all of the Crucible quests you unlock weekly bounty (ies?), which drop NF level rewards each week. Should be worth it in the long run, not ideal for being ready for the raid tomorrow though :mad:

Managed to do the first few parts of that exotic shotgun bounty in tandem though, pity it'll likely be muck.

FYI for anyone doing it, pretty sure the shotgun kills part is 3% per crucible shotgun kill and your % never goes down unlike TLW part of the bounty.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Word of warning for folks on Xbox preview thinking of opting in for the first wave of the Windows 10 update, one of the known issues is certain games failing to launch and Taken King is one of them.

Where did you hear that?

edit: found it thank, probably best to stay away from the preview until at least October tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

thebag89 wrote: »
    Yep, got it last night. Fairly certain you get the quest for giving him those fusion rifles.

I got a really nice sniper rifle off him today after ranking up... gonna do the same with my other 2 characters and see what happens

Really fancy sniper tbh

• Advertisement

Ok so what Xbox guys are around tomorrow at 6 to jump straight into the Raid ?

I'd say we should have enough for 2 or 3 teams from 6.00 straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Would love to, and I'll be on tomorrow evening but I doubt my light level will be high enough. I still haven't finished the TTK story quests. I think a run at the NF is more likely tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Has anyone actually seen Confirmation if you need to Complete Act 2 to access the Raid?

Sniper pointed out the last step of the Main (Taken War) quest is that 270 Light Mission (Summoning Circle) and it's called the "Road to Kings Fall"

It looks like the Raid is 280 Light t start and will climb to 290 and 300 as you progress (similar to Crotas End and VoG)

Bopping along here to some tunes in work

Cormac... wrote: »
    Has anyone actually seen Confirmation if you need to Complete Act 2 to access the Raid?

Sniper pointed out the last step of the Main (Taken War) quest is that 270 Light Mission (Summoning Circle) and it's called the "Road to Kings Fall"

It looks like the Raid is 280 Light t start and will climb to 290 and 300 as you progress (similar to Crotas End and VoG)

Is the Taken War Petra's quest ? For the life of me I can't get the champions to spawn or figure out what a qurios is.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Will Xur appear tomorrow with new gear, or is he still pre-tTK?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,274 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Where did you hear that?

edit: found it thank, probably best to stay away from the preview until at least October tbh.

I saw it on the Elite Dangerous reddit page as that game is also affected. Yeah, I'm not willing to risk not being able to play.
    emmetkenny wrote: »
    Ok so what Xbox guys are around tomorrow at 6 to jump straight into the Raid ?

I'd say we should have enough for 2 or 3 teams from 6.00 straight away.

I'll be on tomorrow evening a little after six, am bringing the xbox down for the weekend :pac: going to try and push 280 light tonight, guess I will have to do that Taken war quest too by the sounds of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Kiith wrote: »
    Will Xur appear tomorrow with new gear, or is he still pre-tTK?

Whatever he brings will be TTK. Now, whether he is going to bring things such as TTK engrams, or if he is going to change the current from coins to, for instance vanguard marks that I dont know, we will see tomorrow

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Is there a link somewhere that lists the quest names for Act1 & 2 do you know? Not heard of "Acts" before.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Is the Taken War Petra's quest ? For the life of me I can't get the champions to spawn or figure out what a qurios is.

There are 4 War Quests AFAIK, but I'm not 100% sure The Petra one is part of that Quest.

I was talking more about the:
    Taken War: Earth
    Taken War: Venus
    Taken War: Mars

They have an overarching spirit quest to help the 3 Vanguards against the Taken.

I'm pretty sure the Petra one, by all accounts online is to do more with a Quest Exotic.

Being under light levelled is absolutely zero crack once the gap is about 5+ Levels (coupled with missions being lvl41), so gonna do my best to hit Rank 280+ later I hope.

To get the HUGE champion lads to Spawn you need to
    1) Find a "The Taken Blight this Area" World Event
    2) Kill Taken Quickly enough to spawn Lieutenants
    3) Kill Lieutenants quick enough (like 4-5) to spawn the commanders

It helps to have 3 people and spread out.
    The commanders are pretty hard, a good sniper is a must

Bohrio wrote: »
    Whatever he brings will be TTK. Now, whether he is going to bring things such as TTK engrams, or if he is going to change the current from coins to, for instance vanguard marks that I dont know, we will see tomorrow

Coins are still dropping so fingers crossed he still takes them, or at least lets us cash them in for legendary marks.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Is there a link somewhere that lists the quest names for Act1 & 2 do you know? Not heard of "Acts" before.

To put it vaguely, you WILL KNOW when yo have completed act 1

Act 2 is a bunch of Patrol Kills and Missions
    I think it's about 3 steps per Vanguard Character.
    So do X mission, Kill Y in Patrols on Z Planet, Do another Mission.

There are 4 quests total relating to the "Taken War"
    These comprise Act 2

The Raid is Act 3

• Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Patrol kills are aids

The last 2 Missions that I did in Act 2 were VERY tough

Tenebrous Tunnels is ok if you are 250 or so and keep you distance and whittle down the mobs and majors and Ultra.
    Fears Embrace is f**king hard, couldn't solo it, after 20 attempts I resorted to Spamming invites till Redzer and Capt.Contradixtion were kind enough to help, don't even bother if you're not about 255+

Expect to see lots of "Need 2 more for Fears Embrace / Summoners Circle later".
    I will definitely be looking for someone to help me with Summoners Circle as it's 270 and not sure doing 4-5 more Strikes will get me there.

I'm not buying any Armour or V2.0 Exotics with my Marks until I see what Xur has.
    Knowing my luck I'll splurge on a V2.0 Suros and he'll sell it tomorrow :pac:

In fact WHATEVER I buy, he will sell, it's guaranteed

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

To put it vaguely, you WILL KNOW when yo have completed act 1

Act 2 is a bunch of Patrol Kills and Missions
    I think it's about 3 steps per Vanguard Character.
    So do X mission, Kill Y in Patrols on Z Planet, Do another Mission.

There are 4 quests total relating to the "Taken War"
    These comprise Act 2

The Raid is Act 3

Ok cheers. Reckon I've already done Act 1 so. :)

Sitting at light level 231 but haven't found any legendary armour yet - need another 10 marks to be able to get a piece either from Cayde-6 or DO faction, hopefully that will bump me up a bit.

/Edit - I'll not buy a piece just yet til I see what Xur has as you mention.

• Advertisement

I saw it on the Elite Dangerous reddit page as that game is also affected. Yeah, I'm not willing to risk not being able to play.

I'll be on tomorrow evening a little after six, am bringing the xbox down for the weekend :pac: going to try and push 280 light tonight, guess I will have to do that Taken war quest too by the sounds of it.

I'll give you a hand tonight sure. I've the same bounties to do.

Tell me if this a crazy Idea but.....

Would it be worth Running VoG and CE and checkpoint swapping (a-la my "GenericDreadHeads quest for Thunderlord") on Exotic Drop points later.

Could maybe get V2.0 Exotics yes?

Would it be worth Running VoG and CE and checkpoint swapping (a-la my "GenericDreadHeads quest for Thunderlord") on Exotic Drop points later.

Have they said the new exotics drop from there? Unless they announced it I'd say you're wasting your time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

The old raids wont drop new exotics apparently.

I'm not at my console so this is a sketchy look at it

Act 2 missions/quests include

The Taken War Earth (Easy):
    Blighted Coven
    Kill 2 Commanders on Earth
    Kings of Decay

The Taken War Venus (Medium):
    Entropys Pinnacle
    Kill 2 commanders on Venus
    Tenebrous Tunnels

The Taken War Mars (F**King Painful):
    Outbound Signal (I think this was part of this, I might be wrong)
    Kill 2 commanders on Mars
    Fears Embrace

The Final Taken War Thingy:
    Summoners Circle

There's also a mission called Paradox, might be wrong but I don't think it was part of those quests.

The old raids wont drop new exotics apparently.

But will they drop V2.0 ones of the Year 1 exotics I wonder?

I probably won't have time anyway with frantically trying to hit 275+ later anyway :o

Apparently you can use high level gear from your main character to infuse your alts up to a higher light level, so you can use hunter armour to infuse Titan/Warlock armour for example.

FYI: Strike Quest Line:

Run lvl36 5 strikes
    Run 5 heroic strikes
    Do the nightfall

Rewards a 300 attack shotgun or fusion rifle.

Anyone up for doing 11 strikes later? ;_;

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Apparently you can use high level gear from your main character to infuse your alts up to a higher light level, so you can use hunter armour to infuse Titan/Warlock armour for example.

intriguing please contiune

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Coins are still dropping so fingers crossed he still takes them, or at least lets us cash them in for legendary marks.

he had feckin better take coins, I must have gotten the best part of 20 of them since TTK dropped, they seem to be dropping a lot faster, and I've gotten them from engrams as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement