Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,274 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

dunworth1 wrote: »
    intriguing please contiune

When you have some legendary armour inspect it and you'll see the node for infusion on the left hand side. The higher a character's light gets the higher defence/attack their drops will be so my hunter is getting blues now with defence higher than 260, I can use these blues to infuse my lower defence legendary gear up to a higher level. If I end up with excess gear I can transfer it over and use it to get my warlock up to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Cormac... wrote: »
    I'm not at my console so this is a sketchy look at it

Act 2 missions/quests include

The Taken War Earth (Easy):
    Blighted Coven
    Kill 2 Commanders on Earth
    Kings of Decay

The Taken War Venus (Medium):
    Entropys Pinnacle
    Kill 2 commanders on Venus
    Tenebrous Tunnels

The Taken War Mars (F**King Painful):
    Outbound Signal (I think this was part of this, I might be wrong)
    Kill 2 commanders on Mars
    Fears Embrace

The Final Taken War Thingy:
    Summoners Circle

There's also a mission called Paradox, might be wrong but I don't think it was part of those quests.

I am currently doing these one... there is also another bounty that seem to go together with this one (which I couldnt figure out until I got the individual ones).

Like you explained, there are 3 Taken wars bounties, one for earth, another for venus and another for mars, but there is also another one called Taken War (Blighted Worlds) that I think goes together with the other 3... So when you complete those 3 you will complete this one as well (at least I hope because nobody seems to know what you are suppose to do).

Anyway, ranked up 3 times on the gunssmith, got 2 276 snipers (arc) and 1 276 scout rifle! Ah and everytime I picked up the reward I was allowed to pick another weapon from the weekly lot (the reward weapons that is)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Bohrio wrote: »
    there is also another one called Taken War (Blighted Worlds) that I think goes together with the other 3... So when you complete those 3 you will complete this one as well (at least I hope because nobody seems to know what you are suppose to do).

Yes, that's what you do, Summoners Circle is the 1st Step of Blighted Worlds and becomes available after turning in the 3 seperate Taken War quests

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

FYI: Strike Quest Line:

Run lvl36 5 strikes
    Run 5 heroic strikes
    Do the nightfall

Rewards a 300 attack shotgun or fusion rifle.

Anyone up for doing 11 strikes later? ;_;

Yes indeed. What time will you be on at?
    Mind you I have one of the level 36 ones done. I prefer to do them with clan mates rather than randomers.

nocal wrote: »
    Yes indeed. What time will you be on at?
    Mind you I have one of the level 36 ones done. I prefer to do them with clan mates rather than randomers.

7ish.

I think I have 1 done also (Did the weekly lvl41 once, not sure if that counts as the 1/5th of the 1st step of the Quest though, maybe those are Lvl36 only)

Think I'm at 257 Light Now on my Main

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,274 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I am currently doing these one... there is also another bounty that seem to go together with this one (which I couldnt figure out until I got the individual ones).

Like you explained, there are 3 Taken wars bounties, one for earth, another for venus and another for mars, but there is also another one called Taken War (Blighted Worlds) that I think goes together with the other 3... So when you complete those 3 you will complete this one as well (at least I hope because nobody seems to know what you are suppose to do).

Anyway, ranked up 3 times on the gunssmith, got 2 276 snipers (arc) and 1 276 scout rifle! Ah and everytime I picked up the reward I was allowed to pick another weapon from the weekly lot (the reward weapons that is)

Did you get the sniper from the quest with the telemetry or are you receiving them from packages when you rank him up?

In other news, I just went to my boss I said I need to use a half day of my holidays today :o

Just a quick FYI
    Doing "Dread Patrol" and "Paradox" on other characters still gives you It's 25 and 20 Legendary Marks Respectively

Given Dread Patrol is only the 3rd mission, should be worthwhile to some people looking to get more marks tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

7ish.

I think I have 1 done also (Did the weekly lvl41 once, not sure if that counts as the 1/5th of the 1st step of the Quest though, maybe those are Lvl36 only)

Think I'm at 257 Light Now on my Main

I am only at 215 light...but purple gauntlets and purple boots will jump me significantly if they manage to drop for me..catch you later.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

FYI: Strike Quest Line:

Run lvl36 5 strikes
    Run 5 heroic strikes
    Do the nightfall

Rewards a 300 attack shotgun or fusion rifle.

Anyone up for doing 11 strikes later? ;_;

Yeah, I will be on from 7 i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Did you get the sniper from the quest with the telemetry or are you receiving them from packages when you rank him up?

In other news, I just went to my boss I said I need to use a half day of my holidays today :o

Ha you looser :P

*Hides under desk and cries softly because I can't do the same* :(

• Advertisement

Have to say the new strikes are great fun, not one bullet sponge in them. Boss fights felt challenging without being cheap and more importantly enjoyable.

In before the Nerf!

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

How do you rank up the gunsmith so much ? I can only test 5 weapons per week which bring me just over lvl 1.5 ?

Jebus!

wp0vEgZ.jpg

Jebus!

wp0vEgZ.jpg

WANT !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

I did indeed...

^ Lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

The speaker exchanged ascendant and radiant material but doesn't do it now. Any other uses for them now?

CDBWhoop wrote: »
    The speaker exchanged ascendant and radiant material but doesn't do it now. Any other uses for them now?

You sure? Pretty sure i traded some in Tuesday evening for glimmer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Jebus!

[IMG][/img]

Wow, it really is a massive pic indeed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Mcsirl wrote: »
    How do you rank up the gunsmith so much ? I can only test 5 weapons per week which bring me just over lvl 1.5 ?

He gives out quests and you get Rep for completing them.

I think that you can also get rep where other quests, not sourced from him, have you speak with him to progress them - someone else may be able to confirm if this is the case or not?

Jebus!

wp0vEgZ.jpg

That's the one I was on about last week. What dead animal is the warlock going to get next ?

Pigs head ?

nevelator wrote: »
    He gives out quests and you get Rep for completing them.

I think that you can also get rep where other quests, not sourced from him, have you speak with him to progress them - someone else may be able to confirm if this is the case or not?

Ah right , I haven't got any quests from him yet , will probably have to wait till he resets next week

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

emmetkenny wrote: »
    That's the one I was on about last week. What dead animal is the warlock going to get next ?

Pigs head ?

Isn't there a wolf's head Helm in tTK also? I saw an image of it in the menu backgrounds in Crucible last week. Not sure what class it's for, but I'd bet it's for the 'Lock too!

Isn't there a wolf's head Helm in tTK also? I saw an image of it in the menu backgrounds in Crucible last week. Not sure what class it's for, but I'd bet it's for the 'Lock too!

That's the Hunter IB cloak.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Just looking through my vault storage on DiM, some spring cleaning is in order. Have 6 VoC's, 4 Timepiece's, 2 FB and loads of crap that was held onto, just in case.

Planning on holding onto VoG and CE weapons and armour, Shadow Price, Vanquisher and one or two others, but the rest will be dismantled. All the old exotics will remain untouched, expect for any multiples.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Just looking through my vault storage on DiM, some spring cleaning is in order. Have 6 VoC's, 4 Timepiece's, 2 FB and loads of crap that was held onto, just in case.

Planning on holding onto VoG and CE weapons and armour, Shadow Price, Vanquisher and one or two others, but the rest will be dismantled. All the old exotics will remain untouched, expect for any multiples.

Some of the Gunsmith quests require weapons to be dismantled - might be worth holding onto some weapons for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

nevelator wrote: »
    Some of the Gunsmith quests require weapons to be dismantled - might be worth holding onto some weapons for this!

Really? Ok so. Messy Vault it is so.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

You sure? Pretty sure i traded some in Tuesday evening for glimmer.

Hmm I thought the speaker wasn't exchanging shards and energies but it was late on Tuesday so could be mistaken.

I'll check it later, some of us don't have the luxury of a half day :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

emmetkenny wrote: »

Pigs head ?

Hotline Destiny.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement