Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭thegame983

Seems like you can only do the daily story/crucible once per account as opposed to once per character

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

thegame983 wrote: »
    Go to orbit. Change to bladedancer - go back to tower

And if that doesn't work, abandon the quest and pick it up again from the iPad. I had to do that for one part of the defender subclass.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Just did the nightfall, got the year 2 version of Truth :/

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Well that was a decent evenings work. Finished a good few quest and got up a good few levels in light.

Oh I got a new bounty off Eris but it has a yellow emblem like the Jolly Holiday one so I'm wondering is this another exotic quest ? I think its called Hunger Pangs.

And if that doesn't work, abandon the quest and pick it up again from the iPad. I had to do that for one part of the defender subclass.

I found getting some kills with the class helped me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭thebag89

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Well that was a decent evenings work. Finished a good few quest and got up a good few levels in light.

Oh I got a new bounty off Eris but it has a yellow emblem like the Jolly Holiday one so I'm wondering is this another exotic quest ? I think its called Hunger Pangs.

I got the second part to that before I logged off. Oh and the tier three Court is an absolute nightmare

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Ok I think I am ready for tomorrow and the raid.

Managed to bring my hunter and titan to ~290 so they are ready for it. My warlock is on ly level 277

I will also need to get rid of my rare gear and infuse legendary instead but one step at a time.

Got the vestian dynasty as well and done all heroic and nightfall, nightfalls game me the same legendary helmet I was wearing but with 5 less light and 11 coins in total. Could have been worse though, one of the guys I did it with got 1 strange coin.. 1!

That has to be a glitch I mean, why bother if thats the case?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Bohrio wrote: »

Managed to bring my hunter and titan to ~290 so they are ready for it. My warlock is on ly level 277

I will also need to get rid of my rare gear and infuse legendary instead but one step at a time.

Got the vestian dynasty as well and done all heroic and nightfall, nightfalls game me the same legendary helmet I was wearing but with 5 less light and 11 coins in total. Could have been worse though, one of the guys I did it with got 1 strange coin.. 1!

How you have the time for that, I don't know. Do you work at all? :D Jealous

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

How you have the time for that, I don't know. Do you work at all? :D Jealous

ha ha... have a few days off, its been non stop since tuesday! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,716 ✭✭✭✭klose

Aw tis 1st year 2 xursday today :) I wonder what our good friend will bring today? Sunbreakers? :pac:

• Advertisement

thebag89 wrote: »
    I got the second part to that before I logged off. Oh and the tier three Court is an absolute nightmare

I was thinking it'd be though. I'd say you need at least one guy about 310 light.

I hope to get on around 5.30 tonight if your around. I just want to kill the two Venus Champions to get the quest off my screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

klose wrote: »
    Aw tis 1st year 2 xursday today :) I wonder what our good friend will bring today? Sunbreakers? :pac:

Fook all by the sounds of it :

http://www.polygon.com/2015/9/17/9348425/destiny-xur-changes-taken-king

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Haven't played half as much as I would have liked this week. Completed the main story, but still a little off 40. Tonnes of quests yet to complete. Culture Night and rugby means two days of non stop boozing. Sunday and Monday stuck to couch. Hopefully I can up my light level to something decent then, and can give the raid a go. I'll have to bow out of any immediate raids for now.

Fieldog wrote: »

I was just coming to post this. I'll buy a few engram's of whatever he's selling anyway and roll the dice and hope for something decent.

I'll be buying that three of coins as well and hitting up the strike playlist to see what exotic I can get :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

thegame983 wrote: »
    PS: I think i just joined the clan. not really sure how it works. Do you still have to add people as friends? Or will online clan members be apparent? (and will they differentiate between the hundred or so LFG people I added over the last few months?

psn id: thegame983

Just follow the steps here and you'll be good to go: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=94033288&postcount=1

Once you get added to the PSN chat message just spam out friend requests to everyone else in the chat. You will be able to recognise clan members by the clan tag under their gamertag on their emblem, on psn we have Irish Boards Clan 1 & Clan 2. Welcome aboard and happy grinding!

On another note the Raid goes live at 6pm today.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Bohrio wrote: »

Christ I've one character at 260 :pac: PvP is definitely inefficient, went up really quickly once I started doing strikes. Also checked reddit and to unlockk the PvP weeklys you need to do the following:

Quest Line: (Please let me know if I mixed up the order on any of these)

1: Accept the quest "Crucible Forged" from Lord Shaxx - http://db.destinytracker.com/quests/3690749379-crucible-forged

Staking a Claim - Defeat opposing Guardians in a Control match while your team holds at least two Control zones (8 kills).
    Return to Lord Shaxx to turn in quest.

2: Talk to Lord Shaxx to obtain the quest "Crucible Combat" - http://db.destinytracker.com/quests/3690749378-crucible-combat

No Guns Barred - Defeat opposing Guardians in the Clash playlist (12 Kills).
    Not My Runner - Defeat opposing Guardians while your team has an active Runner in the Rift playlist (5 Kills).
    Free For All - Defeat opposing Guardians in the Rumble playlist (12 Kills).
    Small-Team Tactics - Defeat opposing Guardians in the Skirmish playlist (8 Kills).
    Spelunking with Guns - Capture Relics in the Salvage playlist (Salvalge 3 Relics).

3:Accept the quest "Conquer the Day" from Lord Shaxx - http://db.destinytracker.com/quests/3690749377-conquer-the-day

Participation Point - Complete a match in the Daily Crucible playlist.
    Spoils to the Victor - Win a match in the Crucible Daily playlist.
    Making a Statement - Win multiple matches in the Crucible Daily playlist (4 wins).

4:Accept the quest "Factions" from Lord Shaxx - http://db.destinytracker.com/quests/3690749376-factions

IMPORTANT NOTE: You do not need to pledge to each of these factions for the wins to count in their respective steps. You simply talk to the faction leaders and they give you the quest. BE CAREFUL NOT TO ACCEPT ALLEGIANCE WHEN ACCEPTING THESE QUEST STEPS.
    Meet with Dead Orbit - Visit the representative of Dead Orbit, Arach Jalaal, in the Tower Hangar.
    This is Dead Orbit Territory - Win matches in the Control playlist for Dead Orbit (2 wins).
    Dead Orbit Rifter - Win matches in the Rift playlist (2 wins).
    Return to Arach Jalaal - Return to Arach Jalaal in the Tower Hangar.
    The Future War Cult - Visit the representative of Future War Cult, Lakshmi-2, in the Tower Hangar.
    Clash for the Future - Win matches in the Clash playlist for the Future War Cult (2 wins).
    Future Rumble Cult - Finish as one of the top three competitors in the Rumble playlist (2 top 3 placements).
    Return to Lakshmi-2 - Return to Lakshmi-2 in the Tower Hangar.
    Meet with New Monarchy - Visit the representative of New Monarchy, Executor Hideo, at Tower North.
    New Monarchy Skimisher - Win matches in the Skirmish playlist for New Monarchy (2 wins).
    New Monarchy Relic Seeker - Win matches in the Salvage playlist for New Monarchy (2 wins).
    Return to Executor Hideo - Return to Executor Hideo in Tower North.

5: Accept the quest "Trials Practice" from Lord Shaxx - http://db.destinytracker.com/quests/3690749383-trials-practice

Eliminator - Win multiple matches in the Elimination playlist (5 wins).

6: Accept the quest "Break the Ceiling" from Arcite 99-40 - http://db.destinytracker.com/quests/3690749382-break-the-ceiling

Crushing Victory - Win multiple Crucible matches with score of at least 1,200 (5 wins).
    Return to Arcite 99-40 to turn in quest.

7: Accept the quest "Weapon Master" from Banshee-44 - http://db.destinytracker.com/quests/3690749381-weapon-master

More Bullets - Win multiple matches in the Crucible with at least six Auto Rifle kills (3 wins).
    Burst of Bullets - Win multiple matches in the Crucible with at least six Pulse Rifle kills (3 wins).
    Nimble Bullets - Win multiple matches in the Crucible with at least six Scout Rifle kills (3 wins).
    Point and Shoot - Win multiple matches in the Crucible with at least six Hand Cannon kills (3 wins).
    Return to Banshee-44 to turn in quest.

8: Accept the quest "The Mountaintop" from Lord Shaxx - http://db.destinytracker.com/quests/3690749380-the-mountaintop

Crucible Master - Earn 9 points. Crucible wins are worth 3 points, but starting a new match costs 1 point (Achieve 9 points).
    Return to Lord Shaxx to turn in quest. (Heavy Weapon Upgrade Reward, the legendary rocket launcher "The Hothead") https://www.bungie.net/en/Armory/Detail?type=item&item=3677466371&itemname=The%20Hothead
    NOTE: There may be one more quest I forgot called "Impress Lord Shaxx", but I don't recall when/where you get it.

Only halfway through step 4 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

^^^^^
    Fook me sideways

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,274 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

AdamD wrote: »
    Christ I've one character at 260 :pac: PvP is definitely inefficient, went up really quickly once I started doing strikes. Also checked reddit and to unlockk the PvP weeklys you need to do the following:

Quest Line: (Please let me know if I mixed up the order on any of these)

1: Accept the quest "Crucible Forged" from Lord Shaxx - http://db.destinytracker.com/quests/3690749379-crucible-forged

Staking a Claim - Defeat opposing Guardians in a Control match while your team holds at least two Control zones (8 kills).

2: Talk to Lord Shaxx to obtain the quest "Crucible Combat" - http://db.destinytracker.com/quests/3690749378-crucible-combat

No Guns Barred - Defeat opposing Guardians in the Clash playlist (12 Kills).
    Not My Runner - Defeat opposing Guardians while your team has an active Runner in the Rift playlist (5 Kills).
    Free For All - Defeat opposing Guardians in the Rumble playlist (12 Kills).
    Small-Team Tactics - Defeat opposing Guardians in the Skirmish playlist (8 Kills).
    Spelunking with Guns - Capture Relics in the Salvage playlist (Salvalge 3 Relics).

3:Accept the quest "Conquer the Day" from Lord Shaxx - http://db.destinytracker.com/quests/3690749377-conquer-the-day

Participation Point - Complete a match in the Daily Crucible playlist.
    Spoils to the Victor - Win a match in the Crucible Daily playlist.
    Making a Statement - Win multiple matches in the Crucible Daily playlist (4 wins).

4:Accept the quest "Factions" from Lord Shaxx - http://db.destinytracker.com/quests/3690749376-factions

IMPORTANT NOTE: You do not need to pledge to each of these factions for the wins to count in their respective steps. You simply talk to the faction leaders and they give you the quest. BE CAREFUL NOT TO ACCEPT ALLEGIANCE WHEN ACCEPTING THESE QUEST STEPS.
    Meet with Dead Orbit - Visit the representative of Dead Orbit, Arach Jalaal, in the Tower Hangar.
    This is Dead Orbit Territory - Win matches in the Control playlist for Dead Orbit (2 wins).
    Dead Orbit Rifter - Win matches in the Rift playlist (2 wins).
    Return to Arach Jalaal - Return to Arach Jalaal in the Tower Hangar.
    The Future War Cult - Visit the representative of Future War Cult, Lakshmi-2, in the Tower Hangar.
    Clash for the Future - Win matches in the Clash playlist for the Future War Cult (2 wins).
    Future Rumble Cult - Finish as one of the top three competitors in the Rumble playlist (2 top 3 placements).
    Return to Lakshmi-2 - Return to Lakshmi-2 in the Tower Hangar.
    Meet with New Monarchy - Visit the representative of New Monarchy, Executor Hideo, at Tower North.
    New Monarchy Skimisher - Win matches in the Skirmish playlist for New Monarchy (2 wins).
    New Monarchy Relic Seeker - Win matches in the Salvage playlist for New Monarchy (2 wins).
    Return to Executor Hideo - Return to Executor Hideo in Tower North.

5: Accept the quest "Trials Practice" from Lord Shaxx - http://db.destinytracker.com/quests/3690749383-trials-practice

Eliminator - Win multiple matches in the Elimination playlist (5 wins).

6: Accept the quest "Break the Ceiling" from Arcite 99-40 - http://db.destinytracker.com/quests/3690749382-break-the-ceiling

Crushing Victory - Win multiple Crucible matches with score of at least 1,200 (5 wins).
    Return to Arcite 99-40 to turn in quest.

7: Accept the quest "Weapon Master" from Banshee-44 - http://db.destinytracker.com/quests/3690749381-weapon-master

More Bullets - Win multiple matches in the Crucible with at least six Auto Rifle kills (3 wins).
    Burst of Bullets - Win multiple matches in the Crucible with at least six Pulse Rifle kills (3 wins).
    Nimble Bullets - Win multiple matches in the Crucible with at least six Scout Rifle kills (3 wins).
    Point and Shoot - Win multiple matches in the Crucible with at least six Hand Cannon kills (3 wins).
    Return to Banshee-44 to turn in quest.

8: Accept the quest "The Mountaintop" from Lord Shaxx - http://db.destinytracker.com/quests/3690749380-the-mountaintop

Crucible Master - Earn 9 points. Crucible wins are worth 3 points, but starting a new match costs 1 point (Achieve 9 points).
    Return to Lord Shaxx to turn in quest. (Heavy Weapon Upgrade Reward, the legendary rocket launcher "The Hothead") https://www.bungie.net/en/Armory/Detail?type=item&item=3677466371&itemname=The%20Hothead
    NOTE: There may be one more quest I forgot called "Impress Lord Shaxx", but I don't recall when/where you get it.

Only halfway through step 4 :eek:

Jesus christ. I'm on the 5 elimination wins part at the moment (need 2 more). Losing the will to live a bit with it, and it's turning me into an awful player, as soon as it looks like we're losing I quit to save time like a little pansy.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I was just coming to post this. I'll buy a few engram's of whatever he's selling anyway and roll the dice and hope for something decent.

I'll be buying that three of coins as well and hitting up the strike playlist to see what exotic I can get :)

I think I'll go for the year 1 one also. Just missing Hawkmoon, Dregs Promise, Lord of Wolves and Necrochasm. Seeing as though Necrochasm can only be got from the Raid, thats 3 possible from the engram. Just to finish off the collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

<snip>

You have to do all that just to unlock the quest!! I think that I just finished step 1...it will be a long road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I can almost see why they are doing that. Because its so long people will take a long time to finish it so it means you are still unlocking 'new content' in a months time or whenever you finish the quest. Annoying but a possible reason

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Jesus christ. I'm on the 5 elimination wins part at the moment (need 2 more). Losing the will to live a bit with it, and it's turning me into an awful player, as soon as it looks like we're losing I quit to save time like a little pansy.

Console are you on?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

I think I'll go for the year 1 one also. Just missing Hawkmoon, Dregs Promise, Lord of Wolves and Necrochasm. Seeing as though Necrochasm can only be got from the Raid, thats 3 possible from the engram. Just to finish off the collection.

I don't believe you will be able to get Dregs Promise or Lord of Wolves from engrams as they come from POE and require you to complete steps to obtain them so Hawkmoon only I'm afraid.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,274 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Console are you on?

Xbox I'm afraid. Have been mainly doing it on my own, I'd imagine you could blast through it with a decent fireteam,

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Xbox I'm afraid. Have been mainly doing it on my own, I'd imagine you could blast through it with a decent fireteam,

Been doing it as a 2 man and haven't really had issues bar one control loss. Team mates get shockingly bad as your crucible ratings (or whatever way they do it) get better. I did some of the salvage solo and had to hit 30+ kills to win, joke of a matchmaking system.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

dudeeile wrote: »
    I don't believe you will be able to get Dregs Promise or Lord of Wolves from engrams as they come from POE and require you to complete steps to obtain them so Hawkmoon only I'm afraid.

From this bit of info, it seems POE exotic weapons will drop from "Legacy Engrams". Not sure if that's what Xur will sell. Guess we'll find out in about 20 mins!

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3ld2ge/x%C3%BBr_will_continue_to_sell_one_piece_of_exotic/

dudeeile wrote: »

Maybe, maybe not. The article only mention Necro and Vex as been unobtainable from the Legacy Engram. Will have to wait and see.

I'll buy that as well. I just need all the PS Exclusives bar Monty Carlo and Dregs Promise. I need three pieces of Armour, Radient Dance Machines, Nothing Manacles and Aphochalage Symboite to have all exotics from year one.

I deleted the boots and helmet before I made my Warlock and Hunter as well :(

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

From this bit of info, it seems POE exotic weapons will drop from "Legacy Engrams". Not sure if that's what Xur will sell. Guess we'll find out in about 20 mins!

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3ld2ge/x%C3%BBr_will_continue_to_sell_one_piece_of_exotic/

I've 691 strange coins burning a hole in my hunters codpiece at last count.

Reckon I'll be taking whatever cr@p Xur is offloading this week, hopefully something half decent though knowing the tentacle faced fook probably not.

• Advertisement

CDBWhoop wrote: »
    I've 691 strange coins burning a hole in my hunters codpiece at last count.

Reckon I'll be taking whatever cr@p Xur is offloading this week, hopefully something half decent though knowing the tentacle faced fook probably not.

If there engram's there's no harm in buying a few if your allowed. Bungie could be after introducing something that only allows you to buy one engram or something like that to stop people getting lots of exotics at once.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement