Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

tony1980 wrote: »
    His response on the previous attempt when it dropped for me as I just joined in at the end and was only viewing and got it was hilarious...lol

He did get a bit emotional when, as a newly joined orb, you said "oh look, I've just got Blackhammer".

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

don'tputput a spare set of vg weapons in bank to upgrade later if it becomes an option.

Forgot to Upgrade patience and time at the weekend weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

He did get a bit emotional when, as a newly joined orb, you said "oh look, I've just got Blackhammer".

It was really funny, Canto joined right at the end, we didnt even revived him, we kill crota and the first thing we hear is Canto saying, "oh look I got the black hammer", then we all started laughing, he was kicked but someone we all know a few seconds later... then we reinvited him, did it once more and emmet finally got it...

I can swear that since I have been playing destiny, I have never heard anyone show such happiness (i actually think he was crying lol) I think is safe to say that we were all delighted for him as well, we were doing the raid just so he can get it and here it is now!

Next one is the Vex, although this one has proven to be an elusive one for him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

A few of us have an atheon checkpoint in normal in anyone wants to give a hand tonight?, maybe around 8 or 9. Just need to get some armour for my lvl 27 Titan.

I doubt all the lads from the last night will be on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

A few of us have an atheon checkpoint in normal in anyone wants to give a hand tonight?, maybe around 8 or 9. Just need to get some armour for my lvl 27 Titan.

I doubt all the lads from the last night will be on.

I'd be up for that. Need shards to get my Titan to 31.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Speaking of happiness at a drop. We were doing VOG at the weekend with a couple of guys from LFG. A loud American joined and announced that the only exotic he needed was Gjallarhorn so anything else would be a disappointment. He spent the whole raid waffling on about DJs he likes, life in Miami and attempting to DPS the Templar with Atheon's Epilogue, despite having Icebreaker. He died at every section and became a bit of an annoyance.

We defeated Atheon first run, American dude just an orb, and the rewards dropped - he literally started screaming for reasons unknown to us at the time. We could hear a woman shouting at him in Spanish in the background and he responded: "**** you Mom, I got the ****ing GJALLARHORNNNNNN!"

Had to mute the mic I was laughing so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

So, these guys have just taken CE runs into the realm of the Absolutely Fcuking Ridiculous:

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

They also have VoG
    Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

That punching CE was epic

Wait until Emmet sees it

• Registered Users Posts: 28,107 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Bohrio wrote: »
    That punching CE was epic

Wait until Emmet sees it

Saw that one before. Can never have to much punching :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

You can keep you old Iron Banner rank (apparently) if you log in before th Reset at 9am

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2w00mg/sga_how_to_buy_the_iron_banner_items_without/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭HavelTRock

The attached video is a really good tutorial for aspiring and existing Swordbearers in the Crota encounter.

As someone who has never used the sword I'd be interested in setting up a group (PS4) to simply take turns in using the sword for a learning experience. The more people that can use the sword the more likely we are to take Crota down in a given raid.

Remember to alter the link below as I haven't reached the 50 post limit to needed to post links.
    www(dot)youtube(dot)com/watch?v=L9fPCbo-vmM&ab_channel=DattoDoesDestiny

GooseonStilts

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I bare swords cause I can't be bothered farming glimmer for heavy ammo synths.... when I'm not playing the role of floating orb that is

• Registered Users Posts: 12,651 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Using the sword on HM is the best thing in the game thus far imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

HavelTRock wrote: »
    The attached video is a really good tutorial for aspiring and existing Swordbearers in the Crota encounter.

As someone who has never used the sword I'd be interested in setting up a group (PS4) to simply take turns in using the sword for a learning experience. The more people that can use the sword the more likely we are to take Crota down in a given raid.

Remember to alter the link below as I haven't reached the 50 post limit to needed to post links.
    www(dot)youtube(dot)com/watch?v=L9fPCbo-vmM&ab_channel=DattoDoesDestiny

GooseonStilts

• Registered Users Posts: 7,607 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Cormac... wrote: »
    I bare swords cause I can't be bothered farming glimmer for heavy ammo synths.... when I'm not playing the role of floating orb that is

Couldn't have beaten Crota last night without your ghost watching over us :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Cormac... wrote: »
    You can keep you old Iron Banner rank (apparently) if you log in before th Reset at 9am

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2w00mg/sga_how_to_buy_the_iron_banner_items_without/

I saw that, now is it worth me getting up at 2 am to try this....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,107 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I saw that, now is it worth me getting up at 2 am to try this....

Is reset not 9am in Ireland ?

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Reset is about 9am in Ireland usually yea.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Is the Iron Banner back tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Yeah it's back tomorrow

• Advertisement

wexdevil wrote: »
    Yeah it's back tomorrow

Hmmm, I might play it this time. I can get some level 36 armour and dismantle it for Radiant Shards. I need 20 to reach level 32.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,651 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

You get about 20 glimmer and nothing else from dismantling IB gear

AdamD wrote: »
    You get about 20 glimmer and nothing else from dismantling IB gear

Okay. You just saved me a lot of time. Phew.

Ok guys

Long nightfall this week...

Glad to see this strike as it hasnt appear in like 2 weeks,

Yes you guessed right Omnigul is back

Epic
    Nightfall
    Angry
    Lightswitch (:*()
    Juggler

Weekly

Heroic
    Angry

Omnigul again is such a joke. Does it come up every 3 weeks? And no Burn will make it an extra long slog.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Bohrio wrote: »
    Ok guys

Long nightfall this week...

Glad to see this strike as it hasnt appear in like 2 weeks,

Yes you guessed right Omnigul is back

Epic
    Nightfall
    Angry
    Lightswitch (:*()
    Juggler

Weekly

Heroic
    Angry

No burn? Man that's going to be a pain...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I actually have no words. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

That's just a kick in the stones for people who haven't gotten the DLC. Bungie/Activision are treating them very poorly imo (although I imagine there is only a small percentage of the active playerbase without the dlc).

• Registered Users Posts: 45,928 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Omnigul, no burn and lightswitch?

I think I will not bother with the nightfall at all this week. Really can't be arsed going through that three times.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,287 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'm not sure I'm bothered doing Nightfalls anymore until HoW comes out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement