Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Cormac... wrote: »
    So are the Standard ones he's selling 280 but the Engram ones 290? That's a jump we'll need for later

My Year 2 Light Beyond Nemesis is 290, just checked it online. 290 for my Year 2 Celestial Night Hawk and Helm of Inmost Light.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Engrams it is!!!!

So, here's a handy table I used to work out my NEW light level based on buying Exotics or Legendaries from Xur or Vendors or iPhones.

Check it out if you're trying to push to hit 280 later

Type Base Value Divide by 10 Weighted Weighted Value
    Primary 277 27.7 Multiply by 12 332.4
    Secondary 300 30 Multiply by 12 360
    Heavy 289 28.9 Multiply by 12 346.8
    Helm 283 28.3 Multiply by 10 283
    Gauntlets 296 29.6 Multiply by 10 296
    Chest 280 28 Multiply by 10 280
    Legs 290 29 Multiply by 10 290
    Ghost 280 28 Multiply by 8 224
    Class Item 287 28.7 Multiply by 8 229.6
    Artifact 273 27.3 Multiply by 8 218.4
    - - - Total (Divide by 10) 286.02

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,274 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Mcsirl wrote: »
    My engrams are all decoding as 290

Also what's the point of motes of light now if xur isn't taking them ?

Motes can be used to power level a faction or level up weapons and armour. Equip whatever armour or weapon you want to upgrade, go to your inventory and use the motes. Less than 20 will fully level a weapon.

Also need a mote to infuse legendary armour.

They're more useful now than ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

So, here's a handy table I used to work out my NEW light level based on buying Exotics or Legendaries from Xur or Vendors or iPhones.

Check it out if you're trying to push to hit 280 later

Type Base Value Divide by 10 Weighted Weighted Value
    Primary 277 27.7 Multiply by 12 332.4
    Secondary 300 30 Multiply by 12 360
    Heavy 289 28.9 Multiply by 12 346.8
    Helm 283 28.3 Multiply by 10 283
    Gauntlets 296 29.6 Multiply by 10 296
    Chest 280 28 Multiply by 10 280
    Legs 290 29 Multiply by 10 290
    Ghost 280 28 Multiply by 8 224
    Class Item 287 28.7 Multiply by 8 229.6
    Artifact 273 27.3 Multiply by 8 218.4
    - - - Total (Divide by 10) 286.02
    Interesting, poses the big question, upgraded Suros or Hawmoon? :P

• Advertisement

Who is going to be Light Level 280 or Higher on PS4 by 6pm?

I am setting up Raid Chat Rooms on the PS4 chat and will also need to find 5 brave individuals to come with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mcsirl wrote: »
    From engrams I got the stag for the warlock , v2 LBN and v2 obsidian mind

For the hunter .... v2 mask of the third man , v2 celestial nighthawk and skyburners annex

For the Titan .... V2 skullfort , the taikonaut and empyrean bellicose

Some nice items there. The Taikonaut is meant to be great. Not sure it'd be great if you get shot in the head though seen as its an old timey space helmet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Got a year 2 version of light beyond nemesis from xur which is the helmet I wanted :D

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭thegame983

Be careful with those strange coins boys. With no weekly strikes there is no sure fire way to stock up on them anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

thegame983 wrote: »
    Be careful with those strange coins boys. With no weekly strikes there is no sure fire way to stock up on them anymore

I reckon I've gotten the best part of 25 odd this week from just playing normally, turning in bounties etc. if anything they're easier to get than ever.

• Advertisement

I am setting up Raid Chat Rooms on the PS4 chat and will also need to find 5 brave individuals to come with me.

271 right now, may go give Xur a reacharound, finish the Heroic Strike quest, and see if anyone is up for the Nightfall.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Motes can be used to power level a faction or level up weapons and armour. Equip whatever armour or weapon you want to upgrade, go to your inventory and use the motes. Less than 20 will fully level a weapon.

Ahh...so that is how it is done. I heard that you could level up with motes; but couldn't see the option to do so when I inspected my gear.
    Does this mean that when I use the MoL from the inventory screen it will level up all equipped weapons and gear?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I'm light level 190. I'm also not yet a lvl 40, currently at 39 so nearly there.

Anyway I'm not ready for any raids but would love to watch ye do it if you fancy streaming your first run.

I have Wednesday coming off work so hope to get a few hours in then if anyone's about for NF, etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

thegame983 wrote: »

Are the weekly strikes gone completely or is there a chance they will come back. Havnt been keeping up to date on all changes. Other than the nightfall are strikes all in the vanguard playlist option now?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,274 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

nevelator wrote: »
    Ahh...so that is how it is done. I heard that you could level up with motes; but couldn't see the option to do so when I inspected my gear.
    Does this mean that when I use the MoL from the inventory screen it will level up all equipped weapons and gear?

Yup. Weapons, armour, class items, ghosts and artefacts will all level.
    DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Are the weekly strikes gone completely or is there a chance they will come back. Havnt been keeping up to date on all changes. Other than the nightfall are strikes all in the vanguard playlist option now?

Weekly heroic is gone yeah, but you're guaranteed a legendary engram the first time you play a heroic strike per character every week.

Ok, got the Stag :), will quit while I am ahead with the engrams.

271 right now, may go give Xur a reacharound, finish the Heroic Strike quest, and see if anyone is up for the Nightfall.

The Heroic Strike Quest is the way to go, got me 257 - 286 in 3 hours or so.
    You get a 300 Secondary at the end
    I'm light level 190. I'm also not yet a lvl 40, currently at 39 so nearly there.

Anyway I'm not ready for any raids but would love to watch ye do it if you fancy streaming your first run.

I will indeed be streaming it :)
    Will start the stream at 5:30ish

wes wrote: »
    Ok, got the Stag :), will quit while I am ahead with the engrams.

I got Purple 290 boots from an Engram from that 1 game of Rift that boosted me 2 levels after you went offline.

A 290 Warlock Helm would be a help.

Tempted to part with 150 of my Marks to Buy a Primary Exotic from the Giant iPhone but I'm soooooooo attached to my Auto Rifle and that's 277 and the Exotics are 280 :/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Can you remember what the recommended light level is for that strike?

I'm at 254 atm with those Xur gloves and legs from DO. Need to farm marks to get some more armour though. Best of luck with the raid later!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I will indeed be streaming it :)
    Will start the stream at 5:30ish

Cool. I should be home around 6.30 or so.

How do I view the stream?

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Three Helm engrams and I got Insurmountable / Empyrean / Taiko. All purchased on Titan also. Happy I didn't buy the Skullfort while getting the gloves for other two.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Anyone notice some of the weapons had Irish names. I have a sniper Riflecalled Aoife Rua D and a shotgun called cuchulainn.Pretty Cool.

Are folks still getting stuff for other classes when decoding the engrams?

Tempted to part with 150 of my Marks to Buy a Primary Exotic from the Giant iPhone but I'm soooooooo attached to my Auto Rifle and that's 277 and the Exotics are 280 :/

The exotics being so low level from the kiosks is really annoying. Have a 292 legendary auto rifle, and would be a pain to have to go down a level to use an exotic primary. Exotics do seem to drop at 290 from what I have seen so far.

Maybe they will drop form the raid at 300?

**EDIT**
    Cryptarch is selling legendary engrams. 60 marks for an class item and chest piece, and 135 marks for a weapon. Those would have a chance of giving you something over 280 light.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

Xûr is selling a new consumable, the Three of Coins.

From the weekly update, it gives bosses a chance to drop Exotic Engrams, including Weapon Engrams.

It has a cumulative luck effect, so even if one doesn’t net you a drop, the next one has a higher chance to do so.

So you should only use ONE coin per Ultra you kill, if it doesn't get you anything you run it again use another coin and that will further increase your chance.

Based on the description from the weekly update, using more than one Three of Coins is a complete waste

EDIT:

For those of the agricultural persuasion, some crafty cheese farmer has found a way to exploit use it to his advantage:

"I've been farming Scourge of Winter story boss. Get the checkpoint outside his chamber. Pop coin, snipe boss low, run in and rocket suicide to kill him. If he dropped loot, it'll still be there. Rinse and repeat. Within 15 coins, I've gotten 3 chest exotics."

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Are folks still getting stuff for other classes when decoding the engrams?

Yes, got Titan Gaunlets from an engram, when I was playing as my Warlock, and got a Titan and Hunter exotics from exotic engrams.

CDBWhoop wrote: »

From the weekly update, it gives bosses a chance to drop Exotic Engrams, including Weapon Engrams.

It has a cumulative luck effect, so even if one doesn’t net you a drop, the next one has a higher chance to do so.

So you should only use ONE coin per Ultra you kill, if it doesn't get you anything you run it again use a coin and that will further increase your chance.

Based on the description from the weekly update, using more than one Three of Coin is a complete waste

Folks are using the scourge of winter mission to farm it. Pop it before the fight, leave the boss with a little bit of health so you can kill him and yourself with a rocket, rinse and repeat.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

CDBWhoop wrote: »

Are the bossed in regular lvl36 Strikes Ultras, or is this only useful for heroics?

Kiith wrote: »
    Are the bossed in regular lvl36 Strikes Ultras, or is this only useful for heroics?

You can do it on lvl 14 story missions like the one I mentioned above, ultas are bosses with skulls by their names. So all strike bosses and a few in the story missions.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Ah nice, might just buy a load of coins and do that a few times instead of the engram.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement