Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Can you remember what the recommended light level is for that strike?

I'm at 254 atm with those Xur gloves and legs from DO. Need to farm marks to get some more armour though. Best of luck with the raid later!

The 1st 5 strikes are just Lvl36 I think, no Light Level
    Then the next 5 are Light 260
    Cool. I should be home around 6.30 or so.

How do I view the stream?

Cheers

Just go to:
    http://www.twitch.tv/genericdreadhead
    And Smash that Follow Button :pac:

Anyone notice some of the weapons had Irish names. I have a sniper Riflecalled Aoife Rua D and a shotgun called cuchulainn.Pretty Cool.

I'm looking forward to getting the Beh-gara-and-begosh sniper rifle
    wes wrote: »
    Cryptarch is selling legendary engrams. 60 marks for an class item and chest piece, and 135 marks for a weapon. Those would have a chance of giving you something over 280 light.

Hmmmmm, very tempting

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

Can anyone who is currently running multiple characters let me know the following: when you pick up a particular calcified fragment on one character is it available or unavailable for your alts?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I know its been suggested a billion times but Destiny needs its own forum.

Good suggestions, strategies and tips are lost in a matter of minutes with the volume of posts.

I know its been suggested a billion times but Destiny needs its own forum.

Good suggestions, strategies and tips are lost in a matter of minutes with the volume of posts.

I flip flop on this idea as time goes on
    1st yes, then no, then yes again, now no

See here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=95982315

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Anyone notice some of the weapons had Irish names. I have a sniper Riflecalled Aoife Rua D and a shotgun called cuchulainn.Pretty Cool.

Got the cuchulainn as well. It shall never be dismantled.

Seeing reports that the Gate Lord strike with 3 of coins is dropping new exotics like its hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

CDBWhoop wrote: »
    Xûr is selling a new consumable, the Three of Coins.

From the weekly update, it gives bosses a chance to drop Exotic Engrams, including Weapon Engrams.

It has a cumulative luck effect, so even if one doesn’t net you a drop, the next one has a higher chance to do so.

So you should only use ONE coin per Ultra you kill, if it doesn't get you anything you run it again use another coin and that will further increase your chance.

Based on the description from the weekly update, using more than one Three of Coins is a complete waste

EDIT:

For those of the agricultural persuasion, some crafty cheese farmer has found a way to exploit use it to his advantage:

"I've been farming Scourge of Winter story boss. Get the checkpoint outside his chamber. Pop coin, snipe boss low, run in and rocket suicide to kill him. If he dropped loot, it'll still be there. Rinse and repeat. Within 15 coins, I've gotten 3 chest exotics."

Can confirm this works, can clear him in like 20 seconds. Xur can go bugger himself with his legacy engrams.

Seeing reports that the Gate Lord strike with 3 of coins is dropping new exotics like its hot.

Are you saying he's dropping more Engrams per kill or what?

I wonder if we could do this in teams of 2, where i person keeps the checkpoint as others cash in their engrams to ensure they don't get duplicates etc

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭thegame983

Can confirm this works, can clear him in like 20 seconds. Xur can go bugger himself with his legacy engrams.

Just to clarify. Are you using 1 coin or one each time you kill him?

Also. Do the engrams he drops stay on the floor when you go to kill him again or fo they disappear?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

Cormac... wrote: »

I wonder if we could do this in teams of 2, where i person keeps the checkpoint as others cash in their engrams to ensure they don't get duplicates etc

If it works it could be the year two loot cave equivalent. I'd be on for trying it out before it the patch hammer falls.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

They'll need to patch this pretty quickly, won't they? Seems like people will have every legendary possible within a few hours.

Check tripleWrecks Twitter. Don't know if there's anything on Reddit as I'm in work.

Yoink!
    Auto Rifles

1 - (New Monarchy) Righteous VII - Mid Impact, compares to Silimar's Wrath. Optimal Perks are Perfect Balance, Rifled Barrel, and Glass Half Full. Great base Stability, and Rifled Barrel brings Range up to average. Glass Half Full will help with the damage drop off towards the end of the magazine. Very good Aim Assist. Time to Kill is solid, around .9 seconds with all head shots at close range.

Range - 17
    Stability - 68
    Aim Assist - 63
    Mag Size - 43

2 - (Crucible) The Dealbreaker - High Impact, compares to The Summoner. Optimal Perks are Crowd Control, Glass Half Full, and your choice of Speed Reload or Braced Frame. Braced Frame offers more upside here, as it increases Stability and makes it more likely to trigger Glass Half Full. However, the decrease in mag size means missing shots come at a much greater cost. Players who are less accurate may want to go with Speed Reload as an alternative. Crowd Control and Glass Half Full can combine to bring the TTK down from .93 seconds to .8, as well as helping to alleviate some of the damage drop off when they are active.

Range - 40
    Stability - 37
    Aim Assist - 36
    Mag Size - 26 (20 with Braced Frame)

3 - (Dead Orbit) Paleocontact JPK-43 - Mid Impact, compares to Silimar's Wrath. Optimal Perks are Rangefinder, Reinforced Barrel, Third Eye. Possibly the best of the Vendor ARs for PvP. Paleocontact has an excess of base Stability, which allows you to trade some of it for more Range using Reinforced Barrel. Combined with Rangefinder, this creates a gun that has near the highest possible Range for its archetype, while still retaining above average Stability. As the cherry on top, it also has a ton of Aim Assist.

Range - 20
    Stability - 72
    Aim Assist - 74
    Mag Size - 38
    Pulse Rifles

1 - (Crucible) Hacksaw - Mid Low Impact, compares to The Conduit. Optimal Perks are Appended Magazine, Secret Round, Smallbore. Having both Appended Magazine and Smallbore gives all the bonus Range and Stability you want, but without that pesky Mag Size penalty. This comes on top of an already stellar base Stability, along with above average Aim Assist. Secret Round is also a very nice to have (the perk description is wrong) as it actually gives you one round back to your magazine if you hit all three headshots in a burst. Speaking in Time to Kill terms it isn't the best, around .96 seconds, but the perk synergy here is fantastic, and that alone merits some consideration.

Range - 27
    Stability - 72
    Aim Assist - 60
    Mag Size - 30

2 - (Future War Cult) The Villainy - Mid Impact, compares to Hopscotch Pilgrim. Optimal Perks are Rangefinder, Smallbore, Third Eye. The most well rounded Pulse Rifle to come from The Taken King's new Vendor stock, The Villainy is almost without a weak-point. While the Range starts off just above average, bonuses from both Rangefinder and Smallbore help to push it way up. Smallbore also boosts the already very decent Stability, while only bringing the Mag Size down to a respectable 27. The Aim Assist value of 60 is quite good for a Pulse Rifle, and having Third Eye for a perk always helps. It can kill low armored players in only two bursts, with a TTK of .67 seconds. Fully armored players will require an extra burst, which will move the TTK to a still competitive .97 seconds.

Range - 39
    Stability - 65
    Aim Assist - 60
    Mag Size - 30 (27 with Smallbore)
    Scout Rifles

1 - (Crucible) Last Extremity - High Impact, compares to The Scholar. Optimal Perks are Life Support, Smallbore, Third Eye. This Scout Rifle is on here almost by default because it has a very fast Time to Kill of .8 seconds. The perks for this SR are solid, although not fantastic. Life Support can be very useful when it's triggered, and Third Eye is always nice for PvP. Smallbore offers the trade-off of helping with the below average stability, as well as increasing the already very good range, at a cost of dropping the Mag Size to 10. That's a very small Mag Size, and it means every shot is at a premium, and they can't afford to be wasted. The Aim Assist is also very low, so landing those headshots is not a sure thing. I recommend this gun for players who are confident in their aim, and know that they can get by with very few misses.

Range - 74
    Stability - 36
    Aim Assist - 21
    Mag Size - 12

2 - (Dead Orbit) Hung Jury SR4 - High Mid Impact, compares to Another NitC. Optimal perks are Triple Tap, Hand Laid Stock, Firefly. This may be one of the best new weapons from the Vendors overall, as the very high base Stability, coupled with Hand Laid Stock, are going to make it shoot like a laser. It also comes with good base range, and a decently sized magazine, with the only drawback being sub-par Aim Assist. Triple Tap on Scout Rifles is one of the rare times it's useful for PvP, because, at optimal ranges, three rapid headshots is a very real possibility. If you can follow that up with a fourth, to activate Firefly, you can also deal substantial damage to teams that are grouped up.

Range - 72
    Stability - 63
    Aim Assist - 26
    Mag Size - 16
    Sniper Rifles

1 - (New Monarchy) Antimony XVI - High Mid Impact, compares to Low Grade Humility. Optimal Perks are Unflinching, Guerilla Fighter, and your choice of Explosive Rounds/Snapshot/Injection Mold. A very interesting sniper with excellent base Aim Assist of 69. Snapshot and Injection Mold are both great choices for PvP snipers, with the prior boosting Stability at the cost of range, and the latter decreasing speed to Aim Down Sights. Explosive Rounds do increase the flinch a target taking a body shot will fell, but they offer no other benefit in PvP. The real question here is about Guerilla Fighter (Increased accuracy, handling, and damage resistance when shooting this weapon from behind cover), and whether or not that will actually provide any significant damage resistance when shooting from behind cover. A large portion of the Destiny player-base doesn't even know that shooting from behind cover is possible, but when you ADS behind cover of a certain size, your character actually pops his/her head out to look. I'm interested to see how well this encourages players to try an very overlooked portion of the game.

Range - 78
    Stability - 36
    Aim Assist - 69
    Mag Size - 4

2 - (Crucible) Tao Hua Yuan - Mid Impact, compares to The Chosen. Optimal Perks are Grenadier, Hand Laid Stock, Hidden Hand. Faster Grenades, better Stability, and more Aim Assist is a very good combination. Couple with that very nice roll for a PvP sniper, it also has solid, if not great stats. The only real issue with the Vendor version, besides not being able to revive snipe, is the fact that the best scope it has is the TacSys. The TacSys is not a bad scope, by any means, but it's not as versatile as Ambush and ShortGaze on the majority of Crucible maps.

Range - 79
    Stability - 47
    Aim Assist - 36
    Mag Size - 4

3 - (Vanguard) 1000-Yard Stare - High Impact, compares to LDR 5001. Optimal Perks are TacSys, Triple Tap, Perfect Balance, Mulligan. Despite being the Vanguard sniper, it's actually not the worst choice for PvP. First reason for that is it happens to be the only Vendor sniper that can Revive snipe (although it's much harder to do that now post 2.0). It also has the benefit of its average Stability stat getting boosted up by Perfect Balance, and a third perk that has recently been buffed to proc more often, Mulligan. Unfortunately, Triple Tap is nearly useless on a sniper in PvP, but if you're looking to buy yourself a replacement for LDR or SoV, this is your only vendor option.

Range - 66
    Stability - 57
    Aim Assist - 56
    Mag Size - 4

4 - (Dead Orbit) Extrasolar RR4 - Mid Impact, compares to The Chosen. Optimal Perks are Army of One, Speed Reload/Rifled Barrel/Smallbore, Firefly. Solid perks all around, with the only real drawback being that Smallbore will bring the Mag Size down to 3. It's possible to go without Smallbore, but Speed Reload and Rifled Barrel both do very little to benefit the gun. Army of One and Firefly will simultaneously be useful if you are consistently hitting the headshots, so in the hands of a skilled player it could be a weapon to look out for.

Range - 78
    Stability - 49
    Aim Assist - 36
    Mag Size - 4
    Shotguns

1 - (Dead Orbit) Patch-A Shotgun - Mid Impact, compares to Hard Luck Charm. Optimal Perks are Accurized Ballistics, Crowd Control, Rangefinder, Rifled Barrel. It's not quite the Felwinter's Lie or Matador 64, but it still has decent impact, and a nearly perfect perk set. Shotguns, even post 2.0, are very powerful, and although it may not have the ludicrous kill ranges of some of the more hated shotguns, it can best them on RoF, and is a more forgiving gun overall.

Range - 11
    Stability - 57
    Aim Assist - 51
    Mag Size - 6
    Rocket Launchers

1 - (Crucible) The Smolder - Tripod/Prox Rockets with bad stats, compares to Valedictorian 9-44. Optimal Perks are Tripod, Flared Magwell, Grenades and Horseshoes. With this launcher, you get the much loved Tripod/Grenades and Horseshoes roll, but the drawback is that the velocity and blast radius stats are not very good at all. You have to decide whether the extra rocket is worth the much worse stats, when compared to the next rocket on the list.

Blast Radius - 60
    Velocity - 43
    Mag Size - 3

2 - (Future War Cult) The Vertigo - Prox Rockets w/o Tripod with good stats, compares to The Fear. Optimal Perks are Speed Reload, Grenades and Horshoes, Javelin. Absolutely incredible roll, with the exception of lacking Tripod. That said, this is nearly a perfect launcher, even if it has one round less than a launcher like The Smolder.

Blast Radius - 84
    Velocity - 74
    Mag Size - 2
    Machine Guns

1 - (New Monarchy) Objection IV - High Impact, compares to BTRD-345. Optimal Perks are Counterbalance, Skip Rounds/Injection Mold/Reinforced Barrel, Persistence. High impact LMG, with the perfect perk set to maximize accuracy. Counterbalance and Persistence both help on that front, while the middle tree of perks gives you the options you need to either put even more into Stability at a great cost to Range, or boost Range and take away some of that extra Stability.

Range - 20
    Stability - 51
    Mag Size - 35
    Aim Assist - 65

2 - (Vanguard) Diluvian 10/4X - Low Impact, compares to Song of Ir Yut. Optimal Perks are Soft Ballistics, Danger Close, Fitted Stock, Persistence. Very high RoF LMG here, which usually means bad Stability. By default, this would be true for the Diluvian, but the combination of Soft Ballistics, Fitted Stock, and Persistance helps to keep your aim on the target. A large Mag Size and high Aim Assist are also benefits to choosing this weapon, but the abysmal Range is going to be a drawback in longer range engagements.

Range - 10
    Stability - 30
    Mag Size - 74
    Aim Assist - 70

3 - (Future War Cult) The Variable - Mid Impact, compares to MG18A Harm's Way. Optimal Perks are Counterbalance, Rifled Barrel, Rangefinder. With good Stability, an above average base Range, and this perk set, The Variable can be a stable platform with exceptionally long reach. Damage fall off will occur at much farther distances, and the boosted Stability will allow precision fire outside of the ranges of other LMGs. Mag Size is decent, and the only real drawback is the below average Aim Assist, although it's not awful.

Range - 18
    Stability - 50
    Mag Size - 52
    Aim Assist - 51

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Kiith wrote: »
    They'll need to patch this pretty quickly, won't they? Seems like people will have every legendary possible within a few hours.

That 3 of coins will probably be removed from Xur's inventory by the time I get home from work.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

Kiith wrote: »

They've been very quick to patch various exploits in the past, some obviously faster than others depending on the type and nature of the exploit but its likely this one being patched sooner than later, especially if 4 exotic engrams dropped in 30 minutes play are to believed.

EDIT: What Nevelator said :)

nevelator wrote: »
    That 3 of coins will probably be removed from Xur's inventory by the time I get home from work.

Run Lola Run.

(Please get the reference)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Hi all, I've been playing Destiny since May (PS3), still a bit of a noob when it comes to end game stuff - are there any boardsie raids late of a Friday or Saturday evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭thegame983

Can you reforge weapons in this expansion?

• Advertisement

Yakuza wrote: »
    Hi all, I've been playing Destiny since May (PS3), still a bit of a noob when it comes to end game stuff - are there any boardsie raids late of a Friday or Saturday evening?

I would be hard pushed to tell you if there are more than a handful of other PS3 players in the PS side of the 2 clans. Like out of ~180 players, I think only 2 or 3 are ps3, the rest are PS4. Sorry :(

There is one PS3 player who posts on this thread, I'm not sure who though, maybe try a search.
    EDIT: I found him: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=149186

I would recommend trying:
    https://www.the100.io
    https://www.reddit.com/r/destinysherpa
    https://www.reddit.com/r/fireteams/new

thegame983 wrote: »

Not tTK ones, can still roll old HoW ones you kept

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

thegame983 wrote: »

Nope, thank goodness only helped destroy crucible balance.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Hopefully it won't be fixed straight away...i want me some easy Exotics. Even if it's just to get up to Raid levels, as i'd love to join in this weekend. Mainly though, i want an Exotic Scout Rifle. Finally got a legendary one last night, which while not amazing, was great to see after never seing one in my few months of playing.

I flip flop on this idea as time goes on
    1st yes, then no, then yes again, now no

See here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=95982315

General discussion is just that, general.

Having a way to categorise and index information on Destiny would be very helpful rather than having users trawling through pages of general discussion to find strategies and guides. Most online forums are clued into this.

This game is designed to pick up more and more players has time passes and from the look of things we will see PC users being added to the player base since Bungie is actively looking for testers at present.

Quite frankly one thread for Destiny is woefully inadequate. Its a cross platform title with a growing player base. The need for a forum or category should not be judged by activity in a general thread.

Might as well keep users on this site rather than having them looking elsewhere online. When someone is completely new to Destiny I can see that the general thread isn't the best place for them to get the lay of the land.

And not even a +1 on the Forum Request after all that

And not even a +1 on the Forum Request after all that
    I am sure they'd let you mod it if you're worried about losing your crown lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Nope, thank goodness only helped destroy crucible balance.

Whilst this is true its not much better that somebody could have an advantage purely from fluking a god roll drop

• Registered Users Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭Conar

Used nine cpins and nothing. Does ut work on normal or do I need to run it on a higher level.

• Advertisement

I noticed when he dies it says Recommended Light 269. I'm not home now, but Cannot confirm if that is the Standard Lvl14 one or Heroic

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement