Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I am sure they'd let you mod it if you're worried about losing your crown lol.

what are you on about :confused:

You're saying this needs a dedicated Sub-Forum

I linked you to a specific place where that can be given a Yay or Nay

You didn't even bother giving it a Yay or +1

Dunno what your issue is, or how me being a mod (on the Boards Clan) ties into any of that :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Cormac... wrote: »
    I noticed when he dies it says Recommended Light 269. I'm not home now, but Cannot confirm if that is the Standard Lvl14 one or Heroic

I can only get the light lvl up to 240 for that , I'll give it a go now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Well I had a good afternoons work.

The 4th Horseman
    The Jade Rabbit
    Hereafter

Plus two unencrypted Exotic helm engrams.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

thegame983 wrote: »
    Just to clarify. Are you using 1 coin or one each time you kill him?

Also. Do the engrams he drops stay on the floor when you go to kill him again or fo they disappear?

Just one at a time and yes, they are still on the floor when you respawn.

The lads on PS4 chat said it works on Lvl14 mission

• Advertisement

The lads on PS4 chat said it works on Lvl14 mission

Yup, doing it now at work, i am afraid to go home in case its patched. any word on the best mission?

Yup, doing it now at work, i am afraid to go home in case its patched. any word on the best mission?

Scourge of Winter

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,274 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

scourge of winter is seemingly the most efficient anyway as you can get to the boss quickly and the checkpoint is right outside the door. Just wear him down to a tiny bit of health then run up close and rocket him so both of you die, then keep repeating until something drops.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭Conar

Mickeroo wrote: »
    scourge of winter is seemingly the most efficient anyway as you can get to the boss quickly and the checkpoint is right outside the door. Just wear him down to a tiny bit of health then run up close and rocket him so both of you die, then keep repeating until something drops.

Yeah, I was just insanely unlucky. Got 2 from the next 5

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

I flip flop on this idea as time goes on
    1st yes, then no, then yes again, now no

See here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=95982315

people are free to use the destiny section on http://www.cgireland.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=37

just throwing it up there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Just gave that farming method a go, 2 chest, 2 gauntlet and 1 special weapon engram from it.

Will probably try it again later(have to go now >:( )

They decrypted into 2 Claws of ahamkakra, starfire protocol,voindfang and 4th horseman

Mcsirl wrote: »

I've tried this 6 times now on lvl240 and haven't got a single engram

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,274 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

You can just do it on the easiest level.

You can just do it on the easiest level.

It didn't work for me on that either :(. Anyone on Xbox get it to work or just PS ?

Ok finally worked on the 8th

It didn't work for me on that either :(. Anyone on Xbox get it to work or just PS ?

How many times you tried? It increases your chances but it's still rng at the end of the day. Every time you kill the ultra use a new three of coins.

I won't get a chance to give it a go until later.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

How many times you tried? It increases your chances but it's still rng at the end of the day. Every time you kill the ultra use a new three of coins.

just looking at reddit, theres no way I'll be lucky enough to do this tonight before it gets some sort of patch, fellas are getting exotics like no ones business out of it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'll do it a few times probably (assuming it's not patched in the next hour or so), but I've only around 40-50 strange coins, and might keep 13 of them for the Warlock gauntlets.

Ok I give up , used 12 coins and got 1 engram :( think I'll keep the rest of the for strikes and such

One special weapon engram....drum roll please.

Hereafter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

I would be hard pushed to tell you if there are more than a handful of other PS3 players in the PS side of the 2 clans. Like out of ~180 players, I think only 2 or 3 are ps3, the rest are PS4. Sorry :(

There is one PS3 player who posts on this thread, I'm not sure who though, maybe try a search.
    EDIT: I found him: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=149186

I would recommend trying:
    https://www.the100.io
    https://www.reddit.com/r/destinysherpa
    https://www.reddit.com/r/fireteams/new

Thanks for those links.

I hadn't realised (until just now when I googled it!) the servers were specific to each PS version. I'd have imagined the XBox and PS servers were different (PSN integration and all that) but that the PS3/4 clients were interchangeable. This article proved me wrong. Ah well.

If I bought a PS4 and the PS4 version of Destiny, would I have to level up a new character, or would my PSN account transfer to the new software? *starts letter to the wife Santa*

• Advertisement

Yakuza wrote: »
    Thanks for those links.

I hadn't realised (until just now when I googled it!) the servers were specific to each PS version. I'd have imagined the XBox and PS servers were different (PSN integration and all that) but that the PS3/4 clients were interchangeable. This article proved me wrong. Ah well.

If I bought a PS4 and the PS4 version of Destiny, would I have to level up a new character, or would my PSN account transfer to the new software? *starts letter to the wife Santa*

You wouldn't need to level up again no, everything should carry over from PS3 to PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

It will carry from PS3 to PS4...

Just farmed 5 exotic engrams from that mission, 1 primary, 1 chest, 2 gloves and 1 helm. Stopped now as that is enough reimbursement from getting screwed with the legacy engrams IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Hopefully this farming is still viable tonight. Won't get on till after the rugger.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Trying it now, 5 runs in and no drops whatsoever. Although it's not helping that i don't have a rocket launcher and can't suicide him. Takes longer than i'd planned to run it.

That's what i get for dismantling the wrong thing last night :(

Streaming the PS4 Clans 1st Attempt now:
    http://www.twitch.tv/genericdreadhead

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭thebag89

What's the recommended light for the raid

Streaming the PS4 Clans 1st Attempt now:
    http://www.twitch.tv/genericdreadhead

Gonna watch this while while eating dinner with the kids. If you curse I'll kill you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Kiith wrote: »
    Trying it now, 5 runs in and no drops whatsoever. Although it's not helping that i don't have a rocket launcher and can't suicide him. Takes longer than i'd planned to run it.

That's what i get for dismantling the wrong thing last night :(

Are you running the whole level?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭thegame983

Are you running the whole level?

I did it 8 times and got the Zalo Supercell autorifle

Nice. It does work though. Keep trying

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement