Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

emmetkenny wrote: »
    So I tried that Three Coins exploit this morning and used 40 buffs. I ended up with 4 engrams. Immolation Fists, Crest of Alpha Luphi, Helm of St 14 and Alchimest Rainment.

Is this around what others are getting ? 1 in 10 drop rate ?

I've used about 60 of them and all I'm getting is old stuff :(. Got 3 invectives , 3 Monte Carlo , and about 6 of the old helmets but v2 , and 4 old chest pieces v2 , drop rate is about 1 in 6 for me but not really worth it for me so far

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

foxerv1 wrote: »
    I was estimating around 1 in 8, some of the others thought around 1 in 7, so seems to be around that 7-10 mark.

Thanks for that. I'm guessing that the Buff gives around a 10% extra chance of dropping an Exotic. I've tried using 2 and 3 Buffs at once, to say get a 20% or 30% chance but I'm not sure if its working correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I was using it on every yellow ultra I saw not seeing it was just for bosses...I burned through about 17 of them before I checked online and saw why I was getting nothing. doh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

So I tried that Three Coins exploit this morning and used 40 buffs. I ended up with 4 engrams. Immolation Fists, Crest of Alpha Luphi, Helm of St 14 and Alchimest Rainment.

I've been testing this (purely for science of course), and have been hitting 1 in 6 (8 drops out of 48).

It actually seems quite balanced tbh, the only problem being we have an easily accessible and easy to kill ultra. I'm not sure what way they will go to "fix" it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Why are people getting salty over a computer game?

Ideally, I would love to play with all of you when possible - but sometimes if the party is full or whatever you have to wait until a spot is free...

I wouldn't hold it against any of the lads or go thinking to myself "the lads hate me as the party is full"

Example I would have loved to go raiding with Cormac and the lads last night but I haven't enough light level and knew I would be kidding myself trying get in underlevelled, I didn't take it personally...

I just helped and sherpa'd my n00bie mate through TTK campaign with my missus and him, sure he's afraid of crucible and I'm trying to slowly bring him into it... :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Got to 278 this morning, so hopefully get the last few light levels this weekend and get a raid in over the next few days. So much more stuff to do now though, so thank god for tTK.

Is there dissent in the ranks of the PS4 clan ? Come to Xbox your more than welcome :)

Also you don't need to be 290 to do the raid. When I started yesterday I was 260 and held my own. After a few runs on the part before the first boss we were getting lots of engram drops so we went back to the tower and everyone went up a few light and jumped back in and got that part done fairly quickly.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Edit: I also grinded like hell to get raid ready. When Crota came out there were at least 4 teams trying the first day, for this one with a clan of over a hundred we couldn't even form 2 teams.

I can only speak for myself but as much as I'd like to do the raid I didn't respond to your message last night as I was under levelled, still am. Managed to get up to 272 this morning so it'll be another while before I'm ready. I also want to enjoy the process of getting there at my own pace rather than p1ssing through it just so I can get onto a raid team as soon as possible, sure it's not going anywhere. :)

Yeah it felt about that rate for me. I picked up the following year 2 stuff:

The Jade Rabbit
    Graviton Forfeit
    Don't Touch Me x 2
    Crest of Alpha Lupi x 2

The first 3 are useful for me so can't complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Fieldog wrote: »
    Why are people getting salty over a computer game?

Ideally, I would love to play with all of you when possible - but sometimes if the party is full or whatever you have to wait until a spot is free...

I wouldn't hold it against any of the lads or go thinking to myself "the lads hate me as the party is full"

Example I would have loved to go raiding with Cormac and the lads last night but I haven't enough light level and knew I would be kidding myself trying get in underlevelled, I didn't take it personally...

I just helped and sherpa'd my n00bie mate through TTK campaign with my missus and him, sure he's afraid of crucible and I'm trying to slowly bring him into it... :)

I already knew I wouldn't be in with Dreadhead. The earliest I can get on in the evening is 7pm and I usually play through to 10pm and don't hold it against them, just expected enough of the 9 other raid ready people on my friend list not currently raiding to fill out the 3 free spots.

Once again the grind for light level is a pita, especially 260-280, same s**t as vanilla Destiny repackaged.

[quote/]Once again the grind for light level is a pita, especially 260-280, same s**t as vanilla Destiny repackaged.[/quote]

I don't agree. I was 220 on Wednesday, I'm 294 now with mostly blue armour. Always run with your highest light level gear on and engram's will drop with slightly higher light. Equip that even if you don't like the perks/stats and the next engram's will be slightly higher again.

On another note it was some laugh doing Court of Oryx last night with 9 lads :) we even got the level 3 done.

• Advertisement

I don't agree. I was 220 on Wednesday, I'm 294 now with mostly blue armour. Always run with your highest light level gear on and engram's will drop with slightly higher light. Equip that even if you don't like the perks/stats and the next engram's will be slightly higher again.

On another note it was some laugh doing Court of Oryx last night with 9 lads :) we even got the level 3 done.

Yeah, Court of Oryx is great craic.

Even with my highest light level gear it took me longer to go from 260-280 than 220-260.

Even with my highest light level gear it took me longer to go from 260-280 than 220-260.

If you finish the Court of Oryx Eris quest you get a 300 light relic which can help a lot. Might also be worth buying a high light ghost.

If you finish the Court of Oryx Eris quest you get a 300 light relic which can help a lot. Might also be worth buying a high light ghost.

Done. Bought a 280 vanguard ghost and got a 300 mark from Eris for the calcified fragments. Still need 2 tier 2 kills and a tier 3 for Court of Oryx(still haven't seen a tier 3 rune).

Just had crappy luck with engrams, got a legendary gauntlet one from Court of Oryx last night and it decrypted 20 light lower than the blues I was wearing :pac:

Currently sitting at 290 light.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

I'm up to 294, having some difficulties with the taken war stuff, I can never find that last lieutenant quickly enough.

wexdevil wrote: »
    I'm up to 294, having some difficulties with the taken war stuff, I can never find that last lieutenant quickly enough.

Yeah those taken events are awkward if you are soloing. A lot of ground to cover finding the three lieutenants. Some of the champions spawn in annoying places too, rocket yard one is very difficult if it spawns in the middle(much easier if it spawns at Kings Watch).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I did that scourge of winter mission with a friend and used 5 of the coins and got 4 exotic engrams. Not sure both of our coins stacked or not but I was incredibly lucky. Got 2 helmets and 2 gauntlets. Happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Just dusted off my Destiny (base game, Xbox One) and currently re-installing. Never really played a year ago when I got it so starting from scratch (don't have TTK yet). I assume the update will add all the changes to the base game too? It says TTK on the main screen.

Any tips when it finishes installing. Have no clue about this game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Just dusted off my Destiny (base game, Xbox One) and currently re-installing. Never really played a year ago when I got it so starting from scratch (don't have TTK yet). I assume the update will add all the changes to the base game too? It says TTK on the main screen.

Apart from joining the clan and adding a few of us to your friends listlist... The best tip would be buy TTK and get your first character to 25 straight away really.

All the high end stuff is locked behind the Taken King paywall. Play through the content available and if you like and wish to continue playing it sell your vanilla copy and buy the legendary edition as it works out cheaper than buying the three expansions seperately(at least €75).

Initially concentrate on one character class before starting the others. Accept any quest that is available for you, these will point you towards what you need to do next.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I honestly don't think there were 6 other "Raid Ready" people

I just think it was funny how people would rather Farm Exotics than play new content, but sure, to each their own.

The way we were looking at it was that the Glitch would still be there today as they couldn't push a patch so soon and especially while the Raid was being launched/streamed.

Which meant we knew we could Raid and still go get Exotics today.

Some people want to get all the best Weapons and Armour, others want to play as much of the content as possible.

For me, I prioritised wanting to do as much of the Raid as possible "Blind", we got as far as the 2nd Boss and had to hang up our hats.
    No guides, no streams, no youtube vids. All just us.

I think most people expected the Raid to launch at 280 and when it was 290, that really narrowed the amount of people available.
    I wouldn't bother getting salty about it, but by the same token I can understand peoples frustration at not being able to partake as others would rather farm.

It's just 2 sides of the same coin.
    As I say, some people just want to collect all their Exotics, others want to do the Raid ASAP.

Think everyone should just take a chill pill and stop airing their dirty laundry.

The Raid is still there today, the farming exploit is still there today :)

Also, I worked out I've played about 45-50 hours in 4 days. Now THATS grinding :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Cormac... wrote: »
    I honestly don't think there were 6 other "Raid Ready" people

I just think it was funny how people would rather Farm Exotics than play new content, but sure, to each their own.

The way we were looking at it was that the Glitch would still be there today as they couldn't push a patch so soon and especially while the Raid was being launched/streamed.

Which meant we knew we could Raid and still go get Exotics today.

Some people want to get all the best Weapons and Armour, others want to play as much of the content as possible.

For me, I prioritised wanting to do as much of the Raid as possible "Blind", we got as far as the 2nd Boss and had to hang up our hats.
    No guides, no streams, no youtube vids. All just us.

I think most people expected the Raid to launch at 280 and when it was 290, that really narrowed the amount of people available.
    I wouldn't bother getting salty about it, but by the same token I can understand peoples frustration at not being able to partake as others would rather farm.

It's just 2 sides of the same coin.
    As I say, some people just want to collect all their Exotics, others want to do the Raid ASAP.

Think everyone should just take a chill pill and stop airing their dirty laundry.

The Raid is still there today, the farming exploit is still there today :)

I wanted to farm them to get "Raid Ready" I was under 270 and now I am 290 after the exploit. And the window of exploitation is very small I taught it would be patched today....we will be playing this raid for the next 6mths.

I aint salty at anyone....play on.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I wanted to farm them to get "Raid Ready" I was under 270 and now I am 290 after the exploit. And the window of exploitation is very small I taught it would be patched today....we will be playing this raid for the next 6mths.

Cool, I wasn't just aiming that at any one individual.

But yes, at 270 you would have found it VERY tough.

I was 286 or so and the 1st third of the Raid is 280 and manageable.

By the time the 2nd Boss comes round I was about 288 and was dead weight, constantly dying.

As you say, play on! :)

Wonda-Boy wrote: »

Not really salty either(except maybe one person, but thats for not contributing to the clan, ie leaving all clan chats). Knew the exploit won't be patched for a while as per the statement Deej made that I posted last night, just wasn't expecting so many people to be exploitong it.

now-kiss.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

An hour with the exploit would allow a player to spend far more time playing the good content and far less time grinding strikes repetitively, a little grind to avoid much much more grind.

Is there dissent in the ranks of the PS4 clan ? Come to Xbox your more than welcome :)

We're a much bigger clan.
    We have Curves.
    We have Personality which is more important than being lean.
    If you can't handle us at our worst, you don't deserve us at our best.
    Like this status if you prefer Curvy Clans who are strong and independent and don't need no man!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

What's the name of the Xbox clan? I searched Irish Boards but only the PS clan appears

• Advertisement

What's the name of the Xbox clan? I searched Irish Boards but only the PS clan appears

It's Clan 1, Clan 2 is PS only, Clan 1 is Blended

Irish Boards Clan 1

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement