Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Hereafter is a lovely sniper, add in the chance to blind enemies on precision kills, makes it real fun in PVE.

yeah its savage alright, I was just a little disappointed when not 30 minutes after getting it, that banshee had essentially the same gun minus the blinding effect for me. good old RNGesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

yeah its savage alright, I was just a little disappointed when not 30 minutes after getting it, that banshee had essentially the same gun minus the blinding effect for me. good old RNGesus.

Did you get the Sniper from Banshee for doing a short quest after ranking to level 2 ? Were you playing with your hunter ?

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Did you get the Sniper from Banshee for doing a short quest after ranking to level 2 ? Were you playing with your hunter ?

yeah, thats the one, I found some old fusion rifle while I was out and about, then I had to get (i think 75) kills with a sniper rifle while a telemetry was active.

i was rank 2 at the time and with a hunter.

yeah, thats the one, I found some old fusion rifle while I was out and about, then I had to get (i think 75) kills with a sniper rifle while a telemetry was active.

i was rank 2 at the time and with a hunter.

Not RNG then. All classes have a class specific Legendary and Exotic weapon they get for ranking the Gunsmith. Legendary is rewarded at rank 2 exotic at rank 3.

Titan: Shotgun at 2 and AR at 3.
    Hunter: Sniper at 2 and HC at 3.
    Warlock: Fusion at 2 and SR at 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,853 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Does the raid reset tomorrow, or on Fridays?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭kevind1

Does the raid reset tomorrow, or on Fridays?

Id imagine tomorrow with the normal reset

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,274 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I finally finished the crucible questline to unlock the weekly bounties yesterday morning, the rocket launcher you get is only 150 attack and in Field Scout it has a perk that literally does nothing, they need to fix that crap.

Handy tip for those gunsmith bounties for the class unique weapons, you don't need a telemetry if you have a class item that buffs weapon XP for whatever weapon you're doing.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Handy tip for those gunsmith bounties for the class unique weapons, you don't need a telemetry if you have a class item that buffs weapon XP for whatever weapon you're doing.

Good tip. I didn't know this.

How did yous get on after last night ?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,274 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Good tip. I didn't know this.

How did yous get on after last night ?

We beat Golgoroth not too long after you left, once we had the strategy down it wasn't too bad at all. I got the boots, think Batin got a chest piece so happy enough with that!

Ace of Spades is perfect for gaze duty as you never have to reload.

We beat Golgoroth not too long after you left, once we had the strategy down it wasn't too bad at all. I got the boots, think Batin got a chest piece so happy enough with that!

Ace of Spades is perfect for gaze duty as you never have to reload.

Ah cool. Was it just getting used to shooting his homing attack ?

How does AOS do that ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I finally finished the crucible questline to unlock the weekly bounties yesterday morning, the rocket launcher you get is only 150 attack and in Field Scout it has a perk that literally does nothing, they need to fix that crap.

Christ. Was busy doing the raid so am only on the elimination part, just feels so grindy. Nobody was on this weekend so getting the wins on my own was a nightmare, they need to change their matchmaking algorithm badly, couldn't win a salvage game unless I was hitting 30 kills as I inevitably was placed with newbies.

Pretty impressed with the raid so far, started last night and didn't get to finish the last boss. Mechanics are complicated enough! Got the launcher, the light level of it is more exciting than the gun itself which says a lot..

Ah cool. Was it just getting used to shooting his homing attack ?

How does AOS do that ?

Mark gave us a few pointers on where to set up,
    I hadn't realised he didn't shoot his purple beam while gazing so was making life difficult by hiding behind things.
    The main perk is that it moves a bullet from reserve into the mag on a critical kill and every orb is a one shot crit kill, well handy!
    AdamD wrote: »
    Christ. Was busy doing the raid so am only on the elimination part, just feels so grindy. Nobody was on this weekend so getting the wins on my own was a nightmare, they need to change their matchmaking algorithm badly, couldn't win a salvage game unless I was hitting 30 kills as I inevitably was placed with newbies.

Pretty impressed with the raid so far, started last night and didn't get to finish the last boss. Mechanics are complicated enough! Got the launcher, the light level of it is more exciting than the gun itself which says a lot..

Once the gametype specific ones are done it gets a bit quicker, I got lucky with elimination and got the 5 wins fairly quick, other playlists before that were a nightmare though. Once I was on to the weapon master part I found switching to Legacy playlists made my life a lot easier. During the last bit where you get 9 points though I was joined to a losing team midway through a game three times in a row at one point, absolute joke.

AdamD wrote: »

Id say crucible will be pretty quiet for a week or so as there's loads of PVE stuff to keep people busy. I was surprised at how much stuff opened up once I (thought) I had the main storyline finished.

So - looking to hit the raid again tomorrow night from 7 onwards - Cormac, Sniper etc? You in?

Mark gave us a few pointers on where to set up,
    I hadn't realised he didn't shoot his purple beam while gazing so was making life difficult by hiding behind things.
    The main perk is that it moves a bullet from reserve into the mag on a critical kill and every orb is a one shot crit kill, well handy!

Jesus I may rank up my Hunter that sounds like a class gun.

If yous are in tonight would yous mind giving me a hand at Golgoroth again just so I can a handle on the mechanics?

Jesus I may rank up my Hunter that sounds like a class gun.

If yous are in tonight would yous mind giving me a hand at Golgoroth again just so I can a handle on the mechanics?

Yeah if it's more or less the same bunch of us as last night I wouldn't see it taking many attempts to do again. If it does turn into an ordeal we can just switch fireteam leader and jump to the next part anyway :o

Yeah if it's more or less the same bunch of us as last night I wouldn't see it taking many attempts to do again. If it does turn into an ordeal we can just switch fireteam leader and jump to the next part anyway :o

No worries thanks Mick.

I saw on Reddit you can do it with just one gaze holder and 5 people down in the pit shooting him. Then when the gaze drops everyone jumps out and kills Adds and then reset again into the pit with one gaze holder again. Rinse and repeat.

It is meant to be slower but less moving parts to go wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

What's the story with calcified fragments. Can I go full Pokemon mode and collect them when I find them. Or wait for when they're needed.

What's the story with calcified fragments. Can I go full Pokemon mode and collect them when I find them. Or wait for when they're needed.

Collect them as you go. You need 45 for Touch of Mallice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

No worries thanks Mick.

I saw on Reddit you can do it with just one gaze holder and 5 people down in the pit shooting him. Then when the gaze drops everyone jumps out and kills Adds and then reset again into the pit with one gaze holder again. Rinse and repeat.

It is meant to be slower but less moving parts to go wrong.

How many attempts do we get before he enrages? Is it 4/5?

• Advertisement

How many attempts do we get before he enrages? Is it 4/5?

Apparently its a 9 minutes until Enrage and 10 to wipe.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Do you need to be light lvl290 for the raid? Or would 280 do? Want to try do it this week, but need to push my level up a bit first.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Kiith wrote: »
    Do you need to be light lvl290 for the raid? Or would 280 do? Want to try do it this week, but need to push my level up a bit first.

280 would be ok for the 1st part, maybe even up to the first boss, but after that it will be rather hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Just finished the lost and found quest for petra so I finally have Boolean Gemini, I also hit 296 this morning too so happy days.

Kiith wrote: »

When we started it on Tuesday I was 260, most the others were 270/280.

Jump in and learn the mechanics now. You'll get lots of engram's along the way for just killing stuff so stick with it.

I'm up to 295 now :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Cheers, will see about getting my sword tonight, and that should get me to 285 i think. Will look for a spot in a raid after that maybe.

Watching the fight mechanics now...looks like a lot of fun (and potentially really frustrating :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

So, hit 272 last night after jumping in to a Heroic Strike - The Undying Mind - (4 to go). 2 of us joined some lad on his own (His original 2 companions obviously deserted him after realising how tough it would be). The lad we joined quit soon after dying for the umpteenth time at the start (The bit with all the Hydra's).

So we two continued on, and on, and on. All in it took a hour or so I think. Numerous deaths and revives. Falling back and advancing and falling back (especially the bit on the stairs and the large Hydra immediately after them). Damn those void shields. The undying Mind itself was no problem really. Time consuming more than anything. Clear adds, hit boss, rinse and repeat. Forgot to use a Three of Coins, though with my luck (3 Engrams out of 35) probably wouldn't have gotten anything anyway. Did get a nice new Tea Towel - Mark of The Undying Mind, an LMG - Ruin Wake and an Arc Shotty - Conspiracy Theory-D.

Should hopefully hit 280 by weekend and step in to Kings Fall.

Of those 3 Exotic Engrams I got 290 Impossible Machines, 290 HoTPF, and I got Hawkmoon. Yay me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Anyone need a fresh copy of TTK?

Thought I'd ask the Clan lads first before I stick it up on the "other site"

PM me, have an extra copy since I got this new sexy bastard....
    ezFDxEY.jpg

Some of those heroic strikes are a nightmare.

The Rasputin/Sabre one I can't even get started - either the normal or taken versions. Trying to stand around the warsat is almost insta-death from however many yellow barred enemies there are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Fieldog wrote: »
    PM me, have an extra copy since I got this new sexy bastard....

Ooooo, that thar thing shure is purdy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement