Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Some of those heroic strikes are a nightmare.

The Rasputin/Sabre one I can't even get started - either the normal or taken versions. Trying to stand around the warsat is almost insta-death from however many yellow barred enemies there are.

That one is ridiculous. Was trying it with two friends a few days ago and couldn't get past it. Think our light level has increased quite a bit so I'm assuming it is easy enough now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

There's not really much point in doing more than 3 heroics a week, right? From what reddit is saying, the rewards from Engram drops aren't that much better then the normal strikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,853 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

The Shield Brother one is fine.
    The Cerberus Vae or whatever it is called is grand also.
    Sunless Cell is fine.

Jumped in with Sethius and another on Echo chamber the other day with the boss about a third down - was ok to do if a little hectic (in a fun way).

Have heard the Undying mind is a freaking nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Fieldog wrote: »
    Anyone need a fresh copy of TTK?

Thought I'd ask the Clan lads first before I stick it up on the "other site"

PM me, have an extra copy since I got this new sexy bastard....
    ezFDxEY.jpg

Insert *Shut Up and Take My Money Meme* here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

The Shield Brother one is fine.
    The Cerberus Vae or whatever it is called is grand also.
    Sunless Cell is fine.

Jumped in with Sethius and another on Echo chamber the other day with the boss about a third down - was ok to do if a little hectic (in a fun way).

Have heard the Undying mind is a freaking nightmare.

Undying mind and Nightmare go well together. You wont rush through it that's for damn sure. As I said, the starting section with all the Hydra's and Minotaur's, then the steps section, again with all the Minotaur's and the massive Hyrda at top of internal steps (we actually had some Taken invading the steps which really added to it) are bloody tough. You really need a Void weapon to help out.

The boss fight itself is pretty easy going to be honest. Stick to the left side with the wall for cover, you only need to worry about 2 angles of attack then. It's slow going but extremely manageable over all. And that was just with 2 people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Insert *Shut Up and Take My Money Meme* here

I kinda reserved it on Argos with that Gif in the back of my mind.... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Finally have all 3 chars up to raid standard now, will be on tonight so if anyone is looking to pop the cherry giz a shout I have only done it once so far. Be nice for all the new kids in school together!!!!

Gonna start doing them pretty solid now for the game mechanics of it. Titan 296, Warlock 280 and Hunter 280.....gonna be hard to get higher then 296 without the raid gear and solid grinding like mad and pure old lady luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Finally have all 3 chars up to raid standard now, will be on tonight so if anyone is looking to pop the cherry giz a shout I have only done it once so far. Be nice for all the new kids in school together!!!!

Gonna start doing them pretty solid now for the game mechanics of it. Titan 296, Warlock 280 and Hunter 280.....gonna be hard to get higher then 296 without the raid gear and solid grinding like mad and pure old lady luck.

There's a couple of guaranteed Light Level 300 things you can get. Secondary for finishing the Taken War Quests, Exotic From Petra/Variks, Artifact for Court of Oryx quest
    So - looking to hit the raid again tomorrow night from 7 onwards - Cormac, Sniper etc? You in?

Yeah, I should be on for doing the 1st 4 parts at least tomorrow after the reset, just make sure everyone is 290 then we can blitz through the 1st boss and at least give Golgoroth an attempt. Trying him at 286 was negative craic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Echo chambers is a load of Uranus. Never thought killing a Magikarp would be so grinding.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

So - looking to hit the raid again tomorrow night from 7 onwards - Cormac, Sniper etc? You in?

Yeah, should be on from 7 tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

I'm struggling around the 250~ light mark. Feels like 'eternally 27' all over again. Hit a wall with quests tied to Taken Champions. What should I be doing? Do I try to grind strikes for engram drops? Haven't even started my two alts yet. I wanted one NF/ raid ready, and can't even manage that.

Court of Oryx is your only mad for lvl up, other players launching stage 3 runes and you get all the rewards. The amount of stuff I got is mental even off lvl 1 and 2 runes.

Deffo camp that and you sorted.

Do you need to be in a fireteam for that, or do you get rewards just for taking part?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,274 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

PetKing wrote: »
    I'm struggling around the 250~ light mark. Feels like 'eternally 27' all over again. Hit a wall with quests tied to Taken Champions. What should I be doing? Do I try to grind strikes for engram drops? Haven't even started my two alts yet. I wanted one NF/ raid ready, in t can't even manage that.

Taken champions quests will have taken spawn in an area on patrol, you'll know when it starts happening as the screen will go a bit dark/smoky.

Start killing them, eventually you'll see a message saying "A taken lieutenant is corrupting the land", you need to find the lieutenant and kill them, three lieutenants will spawn, once they're dead the boss will spawn. You'd want a full fireteam probably, but you might get a lucky if there's randomers around on patrol.

As for getting your level up, keep an legendary stuff you get and use blue gear with higher defence to infuse it, as your light level goes up the blue gear that drops for you will have a higher attack/defence, so keep using that to edge up and legendary stuff you have. I had a 300 attack blue hand cannon drop in the crucible last night for example which was enough to get my main primary to 297 attack.
    Kiith wrote: »
    Do you need to be in a fireteam for that, or do you get rewards just for taking part?

You need to be the one to present the rune to get rewards, but you'll have a tonne of engrams drop anyway and it still counts towards completing the court of oryx quest even if you're just helping randomers on patrol.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Cormac... wrote: »
    There's a couple of guaranteed Light Level 300 things you can get. Secondary for finishing the Taken War Quests, Exotic From Petra/Variks, Artifact for Court of Oryx quest

I didnt see that online, just that it unlocks a bounty - what exotic is it?

Mickeroo wrote: »
    You need to be the one to present the rune to get rewards, but you'll have a tonne of engrams drop anyway and it still counts towards completing the court of oryx quest even if you're just helping randomers on patrol.

Cool. I have one of the ruins (that requires 7 different bosses), so i think i can tick them off in there. No idea how it works though, so i'll look that up now.

Either way, engrams :)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,274 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I didnt see that online, just that it unlocks a bounty - what exotic is it?

Boolean Gemini scout rifle.
    Cool. I have one of the ruins (that requires 7 different bosses), so i think i can tick them off in there. No idea how it works though, so i'll look that up now.

Either way, engrams :)

That's a different thing, the runes for court of oryx are, starting with the easiest, Reciprocal Rune, Stolen Rune and Antiquated Rune.

Think you have the Agonarch Rune.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

I'm struggling around the 250~ light mark. Feels like 'eternally 27' all over again. Hit a wall with quests tied to Taken Champions. What should I be doing? Do I try to grind strikes for engram drops? Haven't even started my two alts yet. I wanted one NF/ raid ready, and can't even manage that.

I'll be in on in 5. I'll give you a hand with the champions if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Put on your highest level gear and weapons, even if you dont like them - the engrams decrypt based on your current light so decrypt one, see if it raises your light and then decrypt the next one and so on.

Just take part, thats all I did. Just try to get a few hits on the targets to register. Not gonna get something every time but more often then not and it only takes about 2-3 mins a round.

• Advertisement

I'll be in on in 5. I'll give you a hand with the champions if you want.

Yeah if I am on hit me up I will help anyone out best I can. If not in middle of something.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Fieldog wrote: »
    Anyone need a fresh copy of TTK?

Thought I'd ask the Clan lads first before I stick it up on the "other site"

PM me, have an extra copy since I got this new sexy bastard....
    ezFDxEY.jpg

Now, that. is how you do a limited edition console. well wear, very tasty indeed.

I should be up for the raid tomorrow, most definitely. Hovering on 294/295, depending on sniper or shotgun.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Found a really good strategy for Golgoroth

Righto, Stream Team Assemble for Golgoroth Attempt 2

Hopefully we kill him today :pac:

Killed Golgoroth, On the Deathsingers now. Tough ole raid alright :)

Got as Far as Oryx himself but seeing as it's 10:15 and the reset is tomorrow and the mechanics are tricky we called it a night and are gonna do it next week

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Cormac... wrote: »
    Got as Far as Oryx himself but seeing as it's 10:15 and the reset is tomorrow and the mechanics are tricky we called it a night and are gonna do it next week

I just left the lads at Oryx as well.

The main thing you need in this Raid is teamwork. In the two previous Raids you could get through without really knowing the mechanics but that will not happen this time. Everyone needs to know every step. And in my opinion its my favourite one so far.

Cheers to the lads for going back to the previous two checkpoints for the last nights after I had to jump off early and running me through it so I could get a proper grasp of them.

Fair play lads, thanx for sharing. No doubt you will have him licked with the next 24-48 hrs.

• Advertisement

Got to 285 last night after some Court of Oryx, so should be raid ready once i get some more legendary marks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement