Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,928 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I'm not sure I'm bothered doing Nightfalls anymore until HoW comes out.

If I get the scout from the raid this week I may attempt it for the xp buff, but not scout no nightfall for me.

Have nothing I need to upgrade, all 3 characters have a full set of bounties to cash in whenever so no need to do nightfall related bounties.

And Omnigul is a long ass NF and I just don't see it being all that much fun to play with the modifiers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I HATE lightswitch. Like, really REALLY hate it.

The no burn doesn't bother me all that much. We've all done the strike without it before. Angry, which is the real pain modifier for this strike, and Lightswitch is what will drive me nuts, but, will still get it done and dusted for a chance at the rare, unknown epic loot of coins or shaaads.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Well after asking to do raids for the last 2 nights with no success I finally did my 1st raid with a group of randomers off LFG last night and I was blessed done CE in no time at all. It was like the whole level baddies were lvl 6 or some ****. Only downside is 5 of them where from the USA and they must of taught the raid was the hit on Osama Bin Laden the way they were screaming and all gun tootin ready to and take names MURTHER FOOKERS!

Boots and Gloves, both level 32, available in Iron banner.

Scout Rifle and Shotgun are the weapons (def Scout, think Shotgun is the other).

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Dr Rod Doom

Argh, the IB glitch didn't work for me - I logged in at 08.40 and did a few Exclusion zones to pick up some glimmer but when I went to the tower my IB rank was 0. Everything else is still showing pre-reset (i.e. Nightfall showing as done)

Did it work for anybody here?

• Advertisement

Argh, the IB glitch didn't work for me - I logged in at 08.40 and did a few Exclusion zones to pick up some glimmer but when I went to the tower my IB rank was 0. Everything else is still showing pre-reset (i.e. Nightfall showing as done)

loads saying on Reddit that it worked for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

I HATE lightswitch. Like, really REALLY hate it.

The no burn doesn't bother me all that much. We've all done the strike without it before. Angry, which is the real pain modifier for this strike, and Lightswitch is what will drive me nuts, but, will still get it done and dusted for a chance at the rare, unknown epic loot of coins or shaaads.

it took us about 1 h to do nightfall and weekly, 3 ghorns and doing the heavy ammo glitch... (which btw doesnt work all the time now for some reason)

So it is going to be a long day for me, I will be on later on xb1 as usual :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,651 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

RIP Destiny.

Til HoW at least

• Registered Users Posts: 28,107 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Bohrio wrote: »
    it took us about 1 h to do nightfall and weekly, 3 ghorns and doing the heavy ammo glitch... (which btw doesnt work all the time now for some reason)

So it is going to be a long day for me, I will be on later on xb1 as usual :)

Think I'll leave then this week to be honest. Just do some raids instead.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Think I'll leave then this week to be honest. Just do some raids instead.

Yes I am fine with that, will you be online later then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,107 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Bohrio wrote: »
    Yes I am fine with that, will you be online later then?

Yea should be half 7 or that. Will message you either way.

• Mickeroo wrote: »
    I'm not sure I'm bothered doing Nightfalls anymore until HoW comes out.

Same as, weekly's for the gold coins and that will do.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Same as, weekly's for the gold coins and that will do.

To spend on nothing cause Xur is a dick!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Yup, at reset the tower was locked from orbit but I was able to join someone else's party in the tower (thanks abusestoilets). IB rank at 5 so I bought up both weapons.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Ill be on ps4 there for nightfalls & weekly after this software update is done

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Ill be on ps4 there for nightfalls & weekly after this software update is done

Ah man! just seeing this

Ok so I just finished my 3 nightfalls and weekly. Personally I hope I dont have to see omnigul again, boring long and repetitive took us on average 30 minutes to clear each nightfall almost the same for the weekly.

But I have to say that although my first nf reward was pretty much horrible (shards again) the second and third got me The 4th Horseman and Suros!!

So happy week for me :) I got a good feeling about this

Now the only exotic I dont have on PS4 is hardlight (i think) which is pretty impressive IMO considering the time I spent on Ps4 compared to Xb1.

In fact, I didnt some calculations and, on xb1, of all my exotics only Patience and Time, thunderlod (ah there you go, I dont have that one either on PS), Vex and hardlight have been drops all the other were bought from Xur... :S

PS: I forgot, NLB and Dragon Breaths have dropped for me as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Shamelessly robbed from Reddit.

Iron Banner advice for those of you who need to "git good scrubz"
    Stick to your fireteam :don't go running by yourself. you will likely increase your lifespan If you're running in groups.

always keep an eye on your special weapon ammo. you don't want to jump in front of an enemy with your shotgun and realize you can't fire. (it's happened to me)

Memorize the location of Heavy ammo drops : this is very important. they drop around the 9:00, 6:00, 3:00 marks so head toward them. It's always easier to get a kill with heavy.

This point has been said before but it's really IMPORTANT : wait for your team to pick up the heavy ammo. I usually go with the 10 second rule, if no one show up after 10 seconds go ahead and pick it up because you don't want the other team to grab both heavy ammo. While waiting I always look toward the other heavy ammo spawn, that way you will know who is grabbing it (it happened to me that all my team grabbed the second one, in that case go ahead and grab the one next to you)

The 30 seconds following the heavy ammo spawn is what I call the Fireworks time frame where rockets are fired at everything that moves : so when grabbing Heavy ammo, try standing a bit further and let your fireteam pick it up, that way if you get killed by flying rockets you won't lose you heavy without a kill just go back to the spawn afterwards to pick your ammo. I find this moment to be the best moment to use your supers since all the enemies will be standing close to the Heavy ammo spawn and will usually drop heavy after you kill them.

If you kill someone who had Heavy ammo don't pick it up straight away if you have some too. It's useless for you to die with 5 rockets or 100 MG bullets. after you respawn the Heavy ammo will be at the same spot.

I mostly play control and I don't want to sound like lord Shaxx but : CONTROL THE ZONES. I've lost games where we out killed the other team by 15 kills and still lost. Zone controls will multiply points you gain per kill.

This has also been mentioned on this site before but again it's important : always try to control 2 zones (Usually A and B) that's how you control the spawn sites. you will always respawn close to your controled zones you do't want to have to run for 5 minutes to get back into the fight everytime you die.

Always control A and B except for :

Blind watch (B and C)

Shores of time (B and C)

Twilight gap (A and C)

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Just did the nightfall&heroic, got legendary scout rifle(another nitc) and couple of blue engrams.. ahwell atleast the xp boost will help me in iron banner. Gotta get those gauntlets!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,607 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

wexdevil wrote: »
    Just did the nightfall&heroic, got legendary scout rifle(another nitc) and couple of blue engrams.. ahwell atleast the xp boost will help me in iron banner. Gotta get those gauntlets!

Nightfall doesn't affect the rep for IB. Probably going to skip doing the nightfall and weekly this week. I don't need the coins or exotics to go through that pita 4 times.

wexdevil wrote: »

Does the nightfall boost count towards IB? I didn't think it did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Don't tell me that, it was the only reason I did it :(

It definitely does not

I have put a detailed Iron Banner XP explanation 3 posts down

Funny reading the Nightfall thread on Reddit.

Not ONE comment is happy about it.

Most comments are "NOPE. **** THAT."

Its almost like bungie are trying to drive the player base away.

"Oh, you aren't happy about Xur not having ammo synths to make the the Raid a little bit less of a grind activity? Let us do something about that...BAM - OMNIGUL, NO BURN, F*** THE PLAYERS!... Oh you actually did Nightfall... BAM - HAVE SOME STRANGE COINS AND ASCENDENT SHARDS MOFO! YEAH, ASCENDENT SHARDS, SUCK IT!"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,475 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Cormac... wrote: »
    It definitely does not

IRON BANNER PEOPLE, READ MY REDDIT THINGY

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2w6twn/sga_how_many_matches_to_rank_up_ib_a_detailed/

Hope it helps

Cormac, please post your content here rather than regularly trying to direct people to another forum. The capitalised bold text comes across as very spammy. Thanks.

Cormac, please post your content here rather than regularly trying to direct people to another forum. The capitalised bold text comes across as very spammy. Thanks.

Sorry about that. Reddit table-formatting broke my brain

I made the below analysis

TL:DR: My advice is to just play 3-6 games a day for the 1st 4 days, so about an hour, that way you should be able to double dip on Crucible and Iron Banner bounties, handy for levelling exotics. Then go balls to the wall on the weekend

So having hit Rank 5 in Iron Banner for the 3rd time I felt it would be beneficial for me to post my scientific findings.

Emblem + Shader + Class Item = 33% Buff NOT 30% Buff (this is because the multipliers are sequential)
    Don't believe me? Turn in a 100xp Bounty without the Tempered buff

Almost all of these figures are on the assumption you have the class items.

Nightfall XP Buff does not affect Iron Banner XP at all

TEMPERED BUFF

A Win in Iron Banner (with no Iron Banner gear equipped) is worth 50 XP
    If you have all 3 items equipped you will get an additional 16 XP
    So with the 3 Items equipped it will be 66 XP per win
    Please note the percentages listed are derived from the base value of 50 for a win.

Day|Tempered XP % Increase (No items)|Tempered XP % Increase (All items)|Tempered XP Amount|Win XP Amount with Buff and Items
    Tuesday|5%|40%|4|70
    Wednesday|12.5%|50%|9|75
    Thursday|25%|66%|17|83
    Friday|40%|86%|27|93
    Saturday|60%|112%|40|106
    Sunday|100%|166%|67|133
    Monday|150%|232%|100|166

MEDALLIONS

Medallions are worth 80% of a victory

Day|Medallion XP Amount incl Win, Items and Buff|Medallion Value XP Amount Not incl Win
    Tuesday|126|56|
    Wednesday|135|60|
    Thursday|149|66|
    Friday|167|74|
    Saturday|191|85|
    Sunday|239|106|
    Monday|299|133|

BOUNTY VALUES

Day|Base Bounty Value|Base Bounty with Items|Bounty XP Ammount with Tempered Buff|Bonus XP Amount
    Tuesday|100|133|141|8|8%|
    Wednesday|100|133|153|20|20%|
    Thursday|100|133|166|33|33%|
    Friday|100|133|186|53|53%|
    Saturday|100|133|212|79|79%|
    Sunday|100|133|266|133|133%|
    Monday|100|133|332|199|199%|

HOW TO LEVEL UP

This Final table is based on:
    • If you win 50% of your games, alternating between win, loss, win, loss etc
    • It does not include additional XP gains from Iron Banner bounties.
    • If you played all the games on a given day
    • Time Column is based on an average match + Lobby matchmaking time + Load time being 12 minutes total
    • EDIT: Yes I know it's impossible to play more than 24 hours in a given day

3700xp to Hit Rank 3
    6100xp to Hit Rank 4
    8500xp to Hit Rank 5

Day|Number of Matches Required to hit Rank 3|Number of Matches Required to hit Rank 4|Number of Matches Required to hit Rank 5|Hours you need to Play IB
    Tuesday|59|97|135|27|
    Wednesday|55|90|126|25|
    Thursday|50|82|114|23|
    Friday|44|73|102|20|
    Saturday|39|64|89|18|
    Sunday|31|51|71|14|
    Monday|25|41|57|11|

• To spend on nothing cause Xur is a dick!

Got two Sniper Rifles off him last week :P

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Just did the nightfall there , corrective measure is very handy for heavy weapon drops before switching to gallahjorn ! Got star fire protocol but the get doing it with me got a 331 Vanquisher ..... Is that weapon purchasable? The old one was brilliant but would love the updated one

Mcsirl wrote: »
    Just did the nightfall there , corrective measure is very handy for heavy weapon drops before switching to gallahjorn ! Got star fire protocol but the get doing it with me got a 331 Vanquisher ..... Is that weapon purchasable? The old one was brilliant but would love the updated one

Vanquisher VIII? Yes from New Monarchy, beast of an Auto Rifle if you don't have Suros

Looks like Iron Banner week is time to switch to my 3 Mobile Dongle again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Anybody on ps4 for the weekly 30?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Anyone interested in doing the Nightfall now on PS4?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement