Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭thegame983

What's the story with the extra crucible mode on the far left of the galaxy map? Another daily mission?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Got my exotic FWC cloak,looks a bit meh but 290 light :D

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Anyone raiding tonight on xbox one?

I feel like Bungie have done the game a disservice in the long term by their approach with TTK. They have totally marginalised all the year 1 content now, to where it is utterly irrelevant. Couple that with the decision to limit which strikes and Crucible maps appear, it's hard to fathom their reasoning.

I's still pretty shocked at how poorly they seemed to have planned for DLC expansion with regards to leveling, progression and in-game economy. They knew their own roadmap, why did they not have a clear VOG to CE to PoE to TTK strategy laid out that kept older content relevant to new adopters?

Why did they take away the ability to buy planetary materials and make yet more changes to the economy? Terrible lack of planning for a such a large project.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

thegame983 wrote: »
    What's the story with the extra crucible mode on the far left of the galaxy map? Another daily mission?

Zone control. You get legendary marks like the daily for playing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    It was only €20.
    And it is worth it if this is all I'm going to get from it, certainly had a blast, up another three levels as well.

Return it and buy the Digital Legendary Edition (you get Vanilla, 2 DLCs and the Main Expansion) for €70 on PSN store. Worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

What are these runes im finding for or what do i do with them?

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    What are these runes im finding for or what do i do with them?

Court of Oryx

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

After 12 months of treating me like something he scraped off his shoe, the cryparch finally gave me an exotic - telesto. All is forgiven.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

For those that have run the Raid or part of it what are your feelings on it so far ?

For me I think its great so far, although I still have to try Oryx. It is difficult but once you know the mechanics its easy enough if you communicate well.

We ran up to the Deathsingers tonight before I'd to jump off and the lads carried on and we had very few wipes even compared to last week.

This week we got through the Door with two wipes, Warpriest one wipe and four wipes on Golgoroth. We managed to kill the Warpriest on the second shield as well so improvement all around.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,274 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Can confirm the thrusting dildo chest is an exotic one thanks to my shiny new hawkmoon ;)

Also got the ghost, sniper,shotgun and cloak so a pretty profitable raid this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Tried raiding with randoms, first group couldn't even manage the totems bit before the warpriest because of their insistence on having a guy who was only light level 254 :/ So I eventually got tired of that and then went with another group at the warpriest section(sure i miss a drop but meh) two attempts at that and some of the people had to leave :(

uuuugh I'll have to try again tomorrow

Id be down to give the raid a shot this wknd if there are any interested parties. Try and put off the impending Destiny related divorce til then at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

wexdevil wrote: »
    Tried raiding with randoms, first group couldn't even manage the totems bit before the warpriest because of their insistence on having a guy who was only light level 254 :/ So I eventually got tired of that and then went with another group at the warpriest section(sure i miss a drop but meh) two attempts at that and some of the people had to leave :(

uuuugh I'll have to try again tomorrow

I'm not sure if you have or not but feel free to add me and I'm certain that we can gather a group- pretty sure Ferrigan will chip in too (not to speak for him of course)

GT ibFoxer

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Did someone say Lego MIDA
    1442355677175730605.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Reaching level 12...........it's the little things. It's not much captain but it's a start. 3 days in, this game is so bloody addictive!

[IMG][/img]123_zpstjwokuv7.jpg

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Reaching level 12...........it's the little things. It's not much captain but it's a start. 3 days in, this game is so bloody addictive!

[IMG][/img]123_zpstjwokuv7.jpg

Are you on Xbox or PS ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Xbox. GT is: shuffles07

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Xbox. GT is: shuffles07

I'll add you later. My GT is TitianGerm.

I can help you run through some story missions if you want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

First run at Oryx last night - cheers to the usual gang. I'd have been more aggrieved at Mick getting hawkmoon if I hadn't got it as well ... ;)

Started the raid on 289 light ... ended it on 295 thanks to a new shotgun and chest armour. We finally got to stagger the swine on our last run before it got to late to keep going ... we'll have him tonight though!

Awesome starting a new raid ... but glad I benefited from everyone else figuring it out last week!

First run at Oryx last night - cheers to the usual gang. I'd have been more aggrieved at Mick getting hawkmoon if I hadn't got it as well ... ;)

Started the raid on 289 light ... ended it on 295 thanks to a new shotgun and chest armour. We finally got to stagger the swine on our last run before it got to late to keep going ... we'll have him tonight though!

Awesome starting a new raid ... but glad I benefited from everyone else figuring it out last week!

You did well in fairness. I had images of you plummeting to your death over and over :) turned out that was me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

Did someone say Lego MIDA

Imagine the kids getting hold of that :eek: or worse still, dropping it on a tile floor :eek::eek:

I'd say the reaction would be the same as the kid who had his guardians deleted when he share played...

Id be down to give the raid a shot this wknd if there are any interested parties. Try and put off the impending Destiny related divorce til then at least.

I'd possibly be down for this.

I've got 2 separate Raid groups going on now.

I'm telling you this as I believe in honesty and you should know how many Raid Partners I've had, I'm not looking for anything serious, just some fun

FYI:
    When you approach a level transition, Destiny starts loading it and also starts matchmaking. If you hit the transition point before matchmaking finishes, it gets aborted and you end up in a solo instance.

If you're trying to kill Taken leaders without a fireteam or just want to play with others, take your time crossing that final level transition. Every time I've gotten off my sparrow and sprinted from The Divide to Rocketyard I've seen another person there.

2pJyfmk.png

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Andy Gravity

Eager to get stuck into raiding again, not done any since the early days of VoG..fun times.

ps4: Arklowandy

This is the Golgoroths Cellar Map we deserved.

Not sure if the order is necessarily correct, pretty sure we did a different one successfully last night.

Biggest tip I learned from last night Raid is the Switches are the BIG Cirlces, the size of Sync Plates in the VoG, they are not the small dinner plate fixed buttons on the floor. So make sure you are FULLY off the plates when you start, this caused us about 20 minutes of heartache last night until someone pointed that out

7syzQcC.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Ive a day off work. I've a few bits to do and hope to get online by 12.30pm or so.

I'll be able to play until 3pm or so.

If ye see me on and want to drop in feel free. I'm playing through story mode still and doing other side quests etc..

Level 39 so I'll finally hit 40.

Ive a day off work. I've a few bits to do and hope to get online by 12.30pm or so.

One thing I've learned about this thread is the Daytime players are never on it cause they are all actually playing the game :pac:

Feel free to spam the PS4 chat room, god knows I do :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Cormac... wrote: »
    FYI:

2pJyfmk.png

While on Earth with cuhlcannon & CDB I left to see if I could get into the same instance. We could meet up in the Divide but once we passed the loading screen for Rocketyard we'd split up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement