Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

While on Earth with cuhlcannon & CDB I left to see if I could get into the same instance. We could meet up in the Divide but once we passed the loading screen for Rocketyard we'd split up.

Yeah, it's designed like that. You will always get split up, it's cause you might be in patrol while other in the area are in missions or strikes, means you can't 6-man Sepiks

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Cormac... wrote: »
    I'd possibly be down for this.

I've got 2 separate Raid groups going on now.

I'm telling you this as I believe in honesty and you should know how many Raid Partners I've had, I'm not looking for anything serious, just some fun

If you are going to have a 3rd raid group going, maybe for folks who haven't run it before, then I'd fancy a spot. Managed to get to 284 last night, not sure if that's just about ok to start the raid? Haven't done NF yet either but not sure how I'm going to hit 290 outside of tackling those two at my current level. I can get a faction cloak but that's only going to bump my defense by 7 so probably bugger all impact on my light.

I see in the chat some folk mention they joined in at 280 or lower, then others asking folk to join once they're 290+.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,274 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Andrew76 wrote: »
    If you are going to have a 3rd raid group going, maybe for folks who haven't run it before, then I'd fancy a spot. Managed to get to 284 last night, not sure if that's just about ok to start the raid? Haven't done NF yet either but not sure how I'm going to hit 290 outside of tackling those two at my current level. I can get a faction cloak but that's only going to bump my defense by 7 so probably bugger all impact on my light.

I see in the chat some folk mention they joined in at 280 or lower, then others asking folk to join once they're 290+.

You're high enough level to get past the War priest and Golgoroth anyway, you'll likely clear 290 light level just by doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Anyone gotten their Armsday deliveries yet?

Andrew76 wrote: »

The 1st Third of the Raid is ~280 Light, 285 would be helpful
    The Next third (Post Warpriest) you would want to be 290, this is feasible from drops in the 1st 2 drops (pre-Warpriest and Warpriest himself)
    The final 3rd (Oryx), you would want to be 295 to have a decent chance apparently.

I'd say I won't be helping any newbies this week as I have some non-destiny commitments this week, damn family :/

Also I kind of want to NAIL the mechanics and playstlye and Kill Oryx before attempting to run it with new people.

There's SOOOOOOO much happening at once in this raid that slip ups are costly.
    That being said, I found running the 1st Third of the Raid much calmer and stuff last night than the week before.

It's really all just about getting the hang of things, and personally I need to get the hang of things a bit more.

Would probably be up for it next week though. Or maybe the weekend if I can get my Hunter Raid-Ready, got the Warlock to 295 and Titan to ~290

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Mickeroo wrote: »
    You're high enough level to get past the War priest and Golgoroth anyway, you'll likely clear 290 light level just by doing that.

This. Last week I started the raid at 285. We got up as far as the Warpriest - but didn't kill him. After decrypting the engrams that dropped during the raid I got up to 290.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

emmetkenny wrote: »
    You did well in fairness. I had images of you plummeting to your death over and over :) turned out that was me :D

Would you believe I ended up being the jump/runner for the relic every time and it all went smooth? Yep - Despot can jump in 3rd person!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Mickeroo wrote: »
    nevelator wrote: »
    This. Last week I started the raid at 285. We got up as far as the Warpriest - but didn't kill him. After decrypting the engrams that dropped during the raid I got up to 290.

Cheers chaps. Yeah next time I'm on I'll see if anyone fancies the NF. Hopefully it's not that Rasputin strike - that was a pain in the backside. Zero fun.
    The 1st Third of the Raid is ~280 Light, 285 would be helpful
    The Next third (Post Warpriest) you would want to be 290, this is feasible from drops in the 1st 2 drops (pre-Warpriest and Warpriest himself)
    The final 3rd (Oryx), you would want to be 295 to have a decent chance apparently.

I'd say I won't be helping any newbies this week as I have some non-destiny commitments this week, damn family :/

Also I kind of want to NAIL the mechanics and playstlye and Kill Oryx before attempting to run it with new people.

There's SOOOOOOO much happening at once in this raid that slip ups are costly.
    That being said, I found running the 1st Third of the Raid much calmer and stuff last night than the week before.

It's really all just about getting the hang of things, and personally I need to get the hang of things a bit more.

Would probably be up for it next week though. Or maybe the weekend if I can get my Hunter Raid-Ready, got the Warlock to 295 and Titan to ~290

Ah I wasn't talking about this week - I'm talking further out. I've been way too busy with work lately to get much Destiny time in. Just wanted to see what the lay of the land was for folks outside your two raid groups.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

I was going to ask the question but abuses has hit the nail on the head. Should I just go ahead and throw a match into my vault and burn all the year one stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

PetKing wrote: »
    I was going to ask the question but abuses has hit the nail on the head. Should I just go ahead and throw a match into my vault and burn all the year one stuff?

Don't, there are some missions from the gun smith where you need to dismantle a certain type of weapon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Would you believe I ended up being the jump/runner for the relic every time and it all went smooth? Yep - Despot can jump in 3rd person!

Merry for the win :)

What did you think overall ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Merry for the win :)

What did you think overall ?

Like it. Lots of fun doing new things. :)

PetKing wrote: »

Not if you like to collect or want to re-roll weapons for PvP

Spoiler!
    Best Golgoroth Strategy I've seen.

Going L1, R3, L2, R2, L3, R1 or 4, 1, 5, 2, 6, 3 depending on how you name the ceiling Orbs

• Registered Users Posts: 45,853 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Spoiler!
    Best Golgoroth Strategy I've seen.

Going L1, R3, L2, R2, L3, R1 or 4, 1, 5, 2, 6, 3 depending on how you name the ceiling Orbs

Sniper posted that yesterday - makes that battle look like absolute cake. I've not tried it myself (Golgoroth, at all) so I don't know if they are JUST THAT GOOD though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Mmmmm grindy cheese.
    Not sure if this has been posted before, but you get 3% per win. Just keep a close eye on the score and throw it on when your team is closing in on victory and find a safe spot to hang back whilst the final few kills are made.

This will take 34 wins to do from scratch, but if you're struggling with K/D or want to just play with a different primary weapon it's the most hassle free way to get the first step done.

Mmmmm grindy cheese.

What's that for ?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,274 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

What's that for ?

TLW part of The Chaperone exotic bounty.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,853 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

What's that for ?

The first step of the Jolly Holiday quest for the Chaperone exotic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

What's that for ?

Sounds like the Crucible quest line, which starts off with the "Kills with TLW", which is a right pain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

What's that for ?

Is this the exotic quest you get from Holliday where you have to equip the last word and achieve 100% in crucible - similar to the crucible element of the Thorn bounty, kills are +2%, deaths -1%.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Well hello hello...

:)

Finished my second raid last night. The group I was playing with were very good. Took down the gorgoloth very quikcl, his health was down to 1/4 in our first rotation. Took down the daughters in two rotations as well (instead of 3).

Oryx went down pretty easily as well. Loving the new raid so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

wes wrote: »
    Don't, there are some missions from the gun smith where you need to dismantle a certain type of weapon.

Crap, I dumped them all last night

Sniper posted that yesterday - makes that battle look like absolute cake. I've not tried it myself (Golgoroth, at all) so I don't know if they are JUST THAT GOOD though.

I think the guys in the Video are very good to be fair.

Biggest thing I took away from Golgoroth was for the 4 DPS lads to STFU for the most part. Keep the airwaves clear for the 2 Gaze Holders.
    CDBWhoop wrote: »
    Is this the exotic quest you get from Holliday where you have to equip the last word and achieve 100% in crucible - similar to the crucible element of the Thorn bounty, kills are +2%, deaths -1%.

So if you go 100 Kills and 100 Deaths you will complete it yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

I've just done the exotic sword mission. You definitely need mics, co-ordination, and swords!

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

So if you go 100 Kills and 100 Deaths you will complete it yeah?

Don't think that it is that simple. It seems to take win/loss and streaks into account as well.
    I played 3 games earlier this week with TLW equipped and had a positive K/D ratio in all of them and I am sitting at 0% completed :(

The first step of the Jolly Holiday quest for the Chaperone exotic.

Its not that grindy at all. I played two games when I started and ended at 0%. Next game I got to 24% then 49% then 92% then back to 85% and finished it off in the next game.

I played solo on the legacy playlist so I'd know most of the maps. Ran with TLW, Matador and Radagasts Fury.

One strange one though was game 6 where I dropped back to 85% I'd a 1.5KD so don't know how I went backwards. The three games with big jumps were 3.2KD+

Edit. The Chaparone has amazing aim assist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

CDBWhoop wrote: »

Thought I read somewhere kills are +1 deaths -2

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭thebag89

I've just done the exotic sword mission. You definitely need mics, co-ordination, and swords!

Did you get your sword off Shaxx's straight away or is there more steps to the quest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Can anyone tell me the cheapest place to get the TTK edition with all the dlc?

Have the base game but reckon ill just gift that to a friend so we can play together. Presume we should be able to do the story and a few missions together even if the dlc content will be blocked to him. Hes a bit tight on cash atm and doesnt want to fork out for the TTK edition yet

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement