Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Got that shotgun from jolly yesterday, if you don't like PvP I wouldn't bother its meh as ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

EoinHef wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me the cheapest place to get the TTK edition with all the dlc?

Have the base game but reckon ill just gift that to a friend so we can play together. Presume we should be able to do the story and a few missions together even if the dlc content will be blocked to him. Hes a bit tight on cash atm and doesnt want to fork out for the TTK edition yet

Simply Games have the Legendary Edition, which includes the base game, TDB, HOW and TTK, for £40.

Amazon also have it for £42

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Got the armsday weapons. Only 280 attack, but they look pretty good. No PVP component for the test weapons this week, so should be able to get those done quick. Will need to get my hunter to level 38 and start leveling up the gun smith for him as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

Cormac... wrote: »

So if you go 100 Kills and 100 Deaths you will complete it yeah?
    Thought I read somewhere kills are +1 deaths -2

It varies, someone explained it on Reddit as:
    Death is a 1 - 2 % loss
    Non-Headshot kill: 1%
    Headshot: 2%
    Assist: 1%
    Multikill: 1-2% bonus
    Kill streak: 5% or higher bonus

So, after defeating Oryx in TTK and reaching level 40, I had a quest for me from Amanda Holliday. The quest itself is called "Jolly Holiday" with the description being : The Story of Tex Mechanica's contest for a shotgun with a long history.

Personally I believe this is the Exotic quest for The Chaperone, but as of right noiw I'm unsure. Here are the steps so far for the quest, and I'll be updating them as I complete it.

Step 1: "Defeat Guardians in the Crucible with The Last Word equipped to boost your favor with Tex Mechanica"

For the first step, the tip is a bit misleading. The completion of the step is gauged by a meter that goes from 0-100% depending on guardians killed, headshots, multikills, games won, assists, killsteaks, as well as deaths. The percent per each goes about as follows.

Non-Headshot kill: 1% Headshot: 2% Assist: 1% Multikill: 1-2% bonus (Never got anything higher than a double, may be a higher multiplier the higher you go) Super Kill: 1% bonus? (Couldn't tell for sure) Kill streak: 5% or higher bonus Death: 1-2% loss

I wasn't been able to fully test everything, and I focused mainly on using solely The Last Word to do the quest, so I can't say for certain the exact numbers of everything that influences this. This is just my experience in doing the quest.

Step 2: Upon reaching 100%, you are called back to the tower to speak to Amanda Holliday.

Step 3: After speaking to Amanda Holliday at the tower, she asks you to purchase a large donation for Tex Mechanica. The quest then leads you to Rahool, who allows you to purchase a "generous donation" of 15,000 glimmer.

Step 4: You are then required to bring the donation back to Amanda Holliday, who gives you another step.

Step 5: Use shotguns to kill High level minions of darkness and guardians in the crucible.

This is the same idea as Step 1, but with shotguns, and the availability to kill minions of the darkness instead.

My first try to get renown for this weapon was to farm the Major Cabal in the Exclusion zone heroic difficulty, as I was already light 244. This only gave 1/3 of a single percent per kill however.

The crucible is a different story entirely, and imo, is where this part should be done. Each kill gives 3%, you lose nothing upon death, but wins/multikills/etc. Don't give any percentage. However, I did receive a buckshot bruiser medal which seemed to give me around 5% or more of a bonus. A merciless streak did NOT give me the same boost, however.

Step 6: Once your Renown with shotguns reaches 100%, Amanda Holliday calls you back to the tower once again.

Step 7: After speaking to Amanda Holliday, you are given the quest to kill the Shield brothers, Valus Mau'ual and Valus Tlu'urn, on the dreadnaught. This is a strike on the dreadnaught which is level 42 SPECIFICALLY for this instance. The recommended light level is 290, and as of right now I cannot even enter into it to attempt it. Similar to the Thorn bounty, this seems to be a much harder version of a strike.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,274 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Apparently you can get the year two version of Black Hammer (an exotic called black spindle) in the daily story today, towards the end of the mission you have to head for the fallen ketch where the shadow thief strike happens instead of the usual route. Then you have ten minutes to clear the ketch and kill a boss.

I'm sceptical, anyone not at work care to give it a try?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Its not that grindy at all. I played two games when I started and ended at 0%. Next game I got to 24% then 49% then 92% then back to 85% and finished it off in the next game.

I played solo on the legacy playlist so I'd know most of the maps. Ran with TLW, Matador and Radagasts Fury.

One strange one though was game 6 where I dropped back to 85% I'd a 1.5KD so don't know how I went backwards. The three games with big jumps were 3.2KD+

Edit. The Chaparone has amazing aim assist.

That's a good idea to do it in the legacy playlist. I just levelled up my new TLW last night, so I'm going to try this soon. Progress will also go towards a Dead Orbit crucible/strike quest I have (finally got the Revenant shader last night at DO level 28 so I can start this quest). I like it when you can work on multiple questlines at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

AdamD wrote: »
    Got that shotgun from jolly yesterday, if you don't like PvP I wouldn't bother its meh as ****.

Don't worry, be happy. Cos every little thing gonna be alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Datto has 2 location video quides for the Calcified Fragments.

Part 1 (Dreadnaught)

Part 2 (Story / Strikes / Raid / Events)

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭thebag89

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Apparently you can get the year two version of Black Hammer (an exotic called black spindle) in the daily story today, towards the end of the mission you have to head for the fallen ketch where the shadow thief strike happens instead of the usual route. Then you have ten minutes to clear the ketch and kill a boss.

I'm sceptical, anyone not at work care to give it a try?

I'll give it a shot after work but it does sound suspicious

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,274 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

thebag89 wrote: »
    I'll give it a shot after work but it does sound suspicious

By the sounds of it you might need a full fireteam, especially with the timer.

Very hard to find any solid proof it's true though, and the gun ain't in the armoury as far as I can see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭thebag89

Very hard to find any solid proof it's true though, and the gun ain't in the armoury as far as I can see.

None of the raid gear is in the armoury either so, will just have to give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfETn2Ox1Ds

I loaded up the mission but I couldnt get to that area :S Maybe I just easily get lost

actually scratch that, I was looking for a way at the start of the mission -_- going to go try again if anyone wants to join?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

thebag89 wrote: »
    Did you get your sword off Shaxx's straight away or is there more steps to the quest

That's the end of it thankfully. The swords are 310 and you keep the Legendary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

wexdevil wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfETn2Ox1Ds

I loaded up the mission but I couldnt get to that area :S Maybe I just easily get lost

actually scratch that, I was looking for a way at the start of the mission -_- going to go try again if anyone wants to join?

I've just jumped off. I mightbe back on later though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

How is this Jolly holiday quest triggered?.no one could give me an answer in party chat when I asked the last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,853 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

How is this Jolly holiday quest triggered?.no one could give me an answer in party chat when I asked the last night.

was just given by amanda holiday (shipwright) after completing the main story. didn't have to do anything special to get it iirc.

That's a good idea to do it in the legacy playlist. I just levelled up my new TLW last night, so I'm going to try this soon. Progress will also go towards a Dead Orbit crucible/strike quest I have (finally got the Revenant shader last night at DO level 28 so I can start this quest). I like it when you can work on multiple questlines at a time.

You don't need to get kills with it though. Just equip it and all kills from your Special, Heavy, Mele, Grenade and Super count.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

It's real. Looks VERY difficult

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Armsday weapons are class stat wise. The Ludymia(sp) pulse rifle is savage, looks to be equal to Messenger/ pre-nerf Hopscotch. Went for the Omonlon fusion as well, accelerated coils and rangefinder. Liking this mechanic quite a bit.

bah the door wouldn't open for me so I guess I took too long in getting to it :/ ghost just said some crap about just missing the fallen when i scanned it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Will have to give the black spindle thing a go later with a fireteam. Still kind of skeptical, but sure it worth a go.

does it have to be in the daily or can you do it from patrol?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Pretty sure you need TLW too

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

wexdevil wrote: »
    bah the door wouldn't open for me so I guess I took too long in getting to it :/ ghost just said some crap about just missing the fallen when i scanned it.

I got that message before there when doing that mission, so you might not have to be in the heroic version for it to pop.

I got that message before there when doing that mission, so you might not have to be in the heroic version for it to pop.

I figured it was because I used the relics to open the door, redid it and went straight to the door without going near the relics and boom it was open, sitting here looking at the teleporter now just looking for find two people to run it with me.

Have to give that a shot later so. So much to enjoy in this game at the moment. Really should a second to appreciate this time, before we've completed everything and are back to the cycle that existed pre-TTK.

I'm all over this when I get home. A high level black hammer would be great for the Raid.

It has to be the daily story version I think, going by what folks are saying on reddit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I'm all over this when I get home. A high level black hammer would be great for the Raid.

Count me in Emmet.

• Advertisement

Count me in Emmet.

I should be on around 7. Will have a stab at the daily to get the black hammer and then do the nightfall and daily crucible if your up for it.

I need a fancy new heavy or ghost because both are holding me back.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement