Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Black spindle is mine :P

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

wexdevil wrote: »
    Black spindle is mine :P

Are the perks exactly the same as Black Hammer ? I hope White Nail is still there :) oh and did yours drop at 310 attack ?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,274 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Are the perks exactly the same as Black Hammer ? I hope White Nail is still there :) oh and did yours drop at 310 attack ?

It's the new version of whitenail that only refills from your reserve ammo.

Wex, could you go to the tower and check the exotic weapon kiosk? Someone on reddit said you can buy more of them for one exotic shard from the blueprints which would provide an easy cheap way to infuse special weapons up to 300+

I never had black hammer so I don't know the perks on that :S

CPl8lVwWsAE7FhV.png:medium

white nail is still there :P

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,274 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Crying shame Oryx's stomach ain't a crit spot. Or is it?

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Wex, could you go to the tower and check the exotic weapon kiosk? Someone on reddit said you can buy more of them for one exotic shard from the blueprints which would provide an easy cheap way to infuse special weapons up to 300+
    Okay I went and had a look and yes you can buy it for one exotic shard but its attack is at 300

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Okay I went and had a look and yes you can buy it for one exotic shard but its attack is at 300

"I earned my lvl 300 secondaries" posts on Bungie.net inbound :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

That's still not bad really, easy way to get the Legendary shotties and snipers up a level or two.

Ugh, weapon parts will be the issue now.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Ugh, weapon parts will be the issue now.

It's ALWAYS something. I ran out of Heavy Synths while Famring Drackxis. 1st world problems there. Luckily Variks has a good economy since I'm sitting on TONS of Ether Seeds to trade him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Finally hit level 40.

Light 210. Need legendary marks.

So much content in the new DLC it's hard to know where to start and what to do next.

That said I've just been randomly doing things and it's been fun so far.

Finally hit level 40.

Light 210. Need legendary marks.

So much content in the new DLC it's hard to know where to start and what to do next.

That said I've just been randomly doing things and it's been fun so far.

3 Games of Zone Control will give you 30 Marks which are either easy or painful to earn depending on how you find PvP.

If you've finished Act 1, move on to the Act 2 Quests (The Taken War) and do the Quest where you have to do 5 Strikes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Cormac... wrote: »
    3 Games of Zone Control will give you 30 Marks which are either easy or painful to earn depending on how you find PvP.

If you've finished Act 1, move on to the Act 2 Quests (The Taken War) and do the Quest where you have to do 5 Strikes

I must look and see where I'm actually at.

As I said just been jumping into stuff randomly.

Will have a look and see how close I am to that strike quest. Sounds fun.

Edit just looked it up online.

I finished "last rites" earlier which leads me to "regicide" which ironically was my favourite multiplayer mode in Halo 4.

I assume that's the end of act 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

I should be on around 7. Will have a stab at the daily to get the black hammer and then do the nightfall and daily crucible if your up for it.

I need a fancy new heavy or ghost because both are holding me back.

Would like to give this a go too lads. Don't know what time I'll be on at though :(

Would like to give this a go too lads. Don't know what time I'll be on at though :(

Just jump into the party when you get on sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Just jump into the party when you get on sure.

Thanks. I'm going to get on as early as I can, and I'll be playing until late tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Giving Golgolrath (or what ever his name is) a pasting tonight lol. Only took us 3-4 attempts to get that priest dude last night got that lovely 306 attack sniper rifle defiance of jasmin and a 290 4th horseman from the one chest!!!!

Need to start the other 2 chars in a raid also....

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Trying to do this now , it's a nightmare , you basically have 10 mins to complete the tanniks strike with mainly yellow enemies and you have to clear out all the rooms too. Keep getting him down to about 30% before timer runs out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Mcsirl wrote: »
    Trying to do this now , it's a nightmare , you basically have 10 mins to complete the tanniks strike with mainly yellow enemies and you have to clear out all the rooms too. Keep getting him down to about 30% before timer runs out

Having a hell of a job do I g this too. We're managing to get the boss down but running g out of time to kill the ads.

Having a hell of a job do I g this too. We're managing to get the boss down but running g out of time to kill the ads.

Got him down to about 10% with 3 Titans with bubbles and all using snipers but there were easily 40 ads left too . All our light levels were around 290 so reckon it would be a lot easier around 300

• Advertisement

If anyone is on tonight around 10 on Xbox would thy mind giving me a hand trying to do this pls ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Has anyone had a quest icon over the tower but no actual quest to be found?

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭thegame983

V9 wrote: »
    Has anyone had a quest icon over the tower but no actual quest to be found?

Yep. Since day 1 pretty much

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

thegame983 wrote: »
    Yep. Since day 1 pretty much

Check Dead Orbit or Amanda, there is probably something there waiting for you?
    Mcsirl wrote: »
    Got him down to about 10% with 3 Titans with bubbles and all using snipers but there were easily 40 ads left too . All our light levels were around 290 so reckon it would be a lot easier around 300

Thats the main problem. On our first attempt we actually managed to kill him quikly with plenty of time to spare. But we kind of didnt know that we had to kill all the adds and the timer run out with only 2 of them left.

AFter that it was just one fail attempt after the other. In the end and after many many attempts I figure that you cannot ignore the adds as you can manage to kill him fine but when he is down there will be far too many adds to handle.

So the trick is to get there with about 7 minutes left in the counter, as you come in, everyone in the team will need to kill the blights (the big black balls), once they are all gone clear the adds, and when there are only a few adds left then 2 players will focus on the adds while the third one finishes the remaining adds (like 2 majors tops).

After you clear the adds (or 95% of them) you need to keep an eye out for more incoming blights, and, as they appear, take them down as quickly as possible, a rocket launcher works great for this), all this while your other team mates shoot at him. It is important that you keep the adds under control, even if you need to other two players to help you with this. If you dont control the adds you will struggle.

I found this was the most successful strategy (or at least for me) as, once we followed it we did it in our first attempt (after a good few hours of suffering with different teams).

Bohrio wrote: »
    Check Dead Orbit or Amanda, there is probably something there waiting for you?

Thats the main problem. On our first attempt we actually managed to kill him quikly with plenty of time to spare. But we kind of didnt know that we had to kill all the adds and the timer run out with only 2 of them left.

AFter that it was just one fail attempt after the other. In the end and after many many attempts I figure that you cannot ignore the adds as you can manage to kill him fine but when he is down there will be far too many adds to handle.

So the trick is to get there with about 7 minutes left in the counter, as you come in, everyone in the team will need to kill the blights (the big black balls), once they are all gone clear the adds, and when there are only a few adds left then 2 players will focus on the adds while the third one finishes the remaining adds (like 2 majors tops).

After you clear the adds (or 95% of them) you need to keep an eye out for more incoming blights, and, as they appear, take them down as quickly as possible, a rocket launcher works great for this), all this while your other team mates shoot at him. It is important that you keep the adds under control, even if you need to other two players to help you with this. If you dont control the adds you will struggle.

I found this was the most successful strategy (or at least for me) as, once we followed it we did it in our first attempt (after a good few hours of suffering with different teams).

Use Telesto !!! Itchy was doing unbelievable damage with his.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Ridiculous amount of ads, non-stop spam of fire and darkness balls

Just hit 299 :D though if anyone is wanting to run undying mind for essence of the feast, give me a shout.

Nevermind that last bit, I just went and did it solo.

Hello, Guardians.

Right this every minute, many of you are acquiring Black Spindle. Surprise!

Wouldn't you know it, there is a bug that is enabling some of these weapons to drop at 310 - that's 20 points higher than intended. In the near future, we'll be releasing an update that will adjust the Black Spindle to match the attack rating for other Year Two Exotics.

It has also come to our attention that you are using this new acquisition to Infuse your other weapons. Good on you. Have fun with that. None of those weapons will be affected by this change - only the Spindle.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/155921520

• Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

I'm getting really suspicious of this sort of stuff. First we have spamming 3oC on Scourge now this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Sounds like it might be a good idea to infuse the 310 one and rebuy 300 from the blueprints rather than the other way round.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement