Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Have to get it first....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Now this is annoying, so it took me like 20 attempts to get it this morning, most of those attempts were experimenting different strategies but still, felt hard as ....

So a friend inv to his fireteam and asked me to help him, so I dont know why I said yes, and we got it on our first attempt with like over 1 min to spare? :0

They were all over the place, I saw they were all running around with swords so I decided to join in... can't believe we survived!

I heard somewhere that you can run that mission anytime just by launching the mission with the heroic modifier?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Can't believe there reducing the Spindle :( there goes my 310 into my 1000 yard stare :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,853 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Can't believe there reducing the Spindle :( there goes my 310 into my 1000 yard stare :)

hopefully that update won't happen too soon, as I still haven't got close to beating that mission. Will have to give it another go tonight (or tomorrow, hopefully) and get it done. May go with the 'strat' above and look for some sword wielding maniacs to assist....

hopefully that update won't happen too soon, as I still haven't got close to beating that mission. Will have to give it another go tonight (or tomorrow, hopefully) and get it done. May go with the 'strat' above and look for some sword wielding maniacs to assist....

I logged on this morning and spent 25000 glimmer buying Spindle Engram's to boost all my secondaries up to 300 Attack. Also have a 308 1000 Yard Stare now :)

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I logged on this morning and spent 25000 glimmer buying Spindle Engram's to boost all my secondaries up to 300 Attack. Also have a 308 1000 Yard Stare now :)

well.... FCUK YOU BUDDY! :pac:

well.... FCUK YOU BUDDY! :pac:

Now I have fancy 300 shotgun, 304 fusion and a 308 sniper. They should get the job done :)

Now I need to finish some more quests tonight. Does anyone know where Keldar Fallen Captain spawns ? He's a step in a Variks quest where you've to find him on Mars.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,274 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I think White Whale would be a more appropriate name for the gun, that horrible horrible boss fight will surely be the doom of us all. Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering sniper rifle; to the last I grapple with thee; from hell’s heart I stab at thee; for hate’s sake I spit my last breath at thee.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Bohrio wrote: »
    Now this is annoying, so it took me like 20 attempts to get it this morning, most of those attempts were experimenting different strategies but still, felt hard as ....

So a friend inv to his fireteam and asked me to help him, so I dont know why I said yes, and we got it on our first attempt with like over 1 min to spare? :0

They were all over the place, I saw they were all running around with swords so I decided to join in... can't believe we survived!

I heard somewhere that you can run that mission anytime just by launching the mission with the heroic modifier?

Yeah we were trying it last night from the heroic mission rather than daily, just in case it might have been a bit easier. It wasn't. Probably tried it 4 or 5 times. We were getting to Taniks's room with 5 mins to go but just got overwhelmed by the ads. Tried getting rid of those blights as you mentioned previously but still no joy - do they spawn mobs or what do they actually do?

Hard as nails it is.

Maybe Xur will sell the rifle tomorrow! :pac: (even if it's not the 310 version)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,274 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Yeah we were trying it last night from the heroic mission rather than daily, just in case it might have been a bit easier. It wasn't. Probably tried it 4 or 5 times. We were getting to Taniks's room with 5 mins to go but just got overwhelmed by the ads. Tried getting rid of those blights as you mentioned previously but still no joy - do they spawn mobs or what do they actually do?

Hard as nails it is.

Maybe Xur will sell the rifle tomorrow! :pac: (even if it's not the 310 version)

The orb things spawn the ads but they also respawn so it seems borderline impossible to clear all the ads.

• Advertisement

I reckon it could be an excellent weapon (at 310) for the Warpriest, especially if he is teathered as everything will be a crit hit so you won't need to reload.

As it is being nerfed (I assume to 290) I wonder if you bought a got the 310, bought a 300 and infused that one to 308 would it survive the nerf at 308, or would it go to 298...

If it stayed at 308 it would still be an awesome job for the Warpriest, don't know about Golgoroth or Oryx as I don't know the mechanics of the fights and how crit hit friendly it is.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Mickeroo wrote: »
    The orb things spawn the ads but they also respawn so it seems borderline impossible to clear all the ads.

Ah ok, not sure we knew they would respawn so probably not on the lookout for it. Must try it again then with 2 folks concentrating on blight & ads. Lol it's bloody bedlam inside that room. :pac:

But you HVAE to clear the ads to beat the mission, right? so do they only stop spawning after the boss is down - so you'd need to have him down with about a min to go in order to have time to kill off the ads?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

****s more difficult than the raid

I reckon it could be an excellent weapon (at 310) for the Warpriest, especially if he is teathered as everything will be a crit hit so you won't need to reload.

As it is being nerfed (I assume to 290) I wonder if you bought a got the 310, bought a 300 and infused that one to 308 would it survive the nerf at 308, or would it go to 298...

If it stayed at 308 it would still be an awesome job for the Warpriest, don't know about Golgoroth or Oryx as I don't know the mechanics of the fights and how crit hit friendly it is.

The weak spot on Oryx isn't a crit spot unfortunately,

If the nerf comes today bringing it down to 290, i'm not sure I'd be arsed with that mission. the 310 aspect is what is appealing, to me. If the reward is a 290 weapon, i'm not sure I could bring myself to attempt it another 10 times...

Bungie have said that only Black Spindle will be reduced to the intended light level. Based on that you'd assume any engram spindles would be brought to 280 and the drop itself to 290.

I wouldn't risk infusing the 310 into the Engram one just incase.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

This is stupid hard, even if you have 3 people 290+ it's a nightmare.

Think staying in that Tunnel at the entrance is a rubbish strat, so many AoE and Tracking things coming in you're just funnelling them towards you.

Reckon best idea would be to have all 3 of your out and about in the room all killing ads until you can pop a few shots are the boss

Cormac... wrote: »

Think staying in that Tunnel at the entrance is a rubbish strat, so many AoE and Tracking things coming in you're just funnelling them towards you.

Reckon best idea would be to have all 3 of your out and about in the room all killing ads until you can pop a few shots are the boss

Yeah, thinking of trying it later with heavy use of swords to take out the ads quickly and provide some clear time vs the boss. Swords will take out most of the ads very quickly. Means no rockets or machine guns against him but I found normal weapons were taking health off him at a good rate. Fancy giving it a go later?

Yeah, thinking of trying it later with heavy use of swords to take out the ads quickly and provide some clear time vs the boss. Swords will take out most of the ads very quickly. Means no rockets or machine guns against him but I found normal weapons were taking health off him at a good rate. Fancy giving it a go later?

Possibly yes, might do a bit of a Raid beforehand.

My Sword is only 281 though :/

• Advertisement

Possibly yes, might do a bit of a Raid beforehand.

My Sword is only 281 though :/

Think mine is 283 - still reckon it will be more than enough to deal with most of the ads without much issue. Swords and Supers.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Raided last night and got to oryx before people had to leave, black spindle made some of the boss fights a total breeze.

Just need to get oryx done today

wexdevil wrote: »
    Raided last night and got to oryx before people had to leave, black spindle made some of the boss fights a total breeze.

Just need to get oryx done today

Was in a group that got him down last night, failing to get black spindle took a lot of the good out of it though, genuinely worse than anything in the raid :o

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Andy Gravity

What worked for us last night..

Enter the boss area with around 6mins left. Stay in that tunnel (only moving out slightly when the boss moves from his platform), as annoying as it can be and just focus the boss, dont touch the adds unless they try to enter that room or cause problems.

When the boss dies, focus the spawn points then adds, we were lucky in that we had our 3 supers ready to help clear them.

We were 2 sunbreakers and a stormcaller.

oh well, no black spindle hunting tonight so. Will have to make do with the raid instead....

Also, it will be a 290 gun by the time we can try again, which lessens the desire to run that fcuker of a mission again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Anyone fancy having a go at Oryx tonight? I've got the final checkpoint from Tuesday's attempt (presuming that the checkpoint system works the same way as before).

Anyone fancy having a go at Oryx tonight? I've got the final checkpoint from Tuesday's attempt (presuming that the checkpoint system works the same way as before).

Pretty much everyone from Tuesday still has to finish it I think bar myself, I did it with Bag, Soulzee and them last night as there was one space. I'll happily run it again tonight if there isn't 6 around. We weren't too far off having it down on Tuesday at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Pretty much everyone from Tuesday still has to finish it I think bar myself, I did it with Bag, Soulzee and them last night as there was one space. I'll happily run it again tonight if there isn't 6 around. We weren't too far off having it down on Tuesday at all.

Yeah ... spotted your emblem Mick. ;)
    Any good drop?

• Advertisement

Yeah ... spotted your emblem Mick. ;)
    Any good drop?

Pulse rifle and fusion rifle, 20 of those shards are gone from my inventory as a result.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement