Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Cormac... wrote: »
    This is stupid hard, even if you have 3 people 290+ it's a nightmare.

Think staying in that Tunnel at the entrance is a rubbish strat, so many AoE and Tracking things coming in you're just funnelling them towards you.

Reckon best idea would be to have all 3 of your out and about in the room all killing ads until you can pop a few shots are the boss

Did it with Sniper and someone else from the clan, whose PSN I can't remember, and it took nearly 3 hours I think. We stayed in the tunnel, taking out ads as needed and attacking the boss.

Fast revive armor is really helpful btw.

Also, got a ship to drop from it as well, but its not guaranteed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

wes wrote: »
    Did it with Sniper and someone else from the clan, whose PSN I can't remember, and it took nearly 3 hours I think. We stayed in the tunnel, taking out ads as needed and attacking the boss.

Fast revive armor is really helpful btw.

Also, got a ship to drop from it as well, but its not guaranteed.

I just realised I wasn't having fun and it was putting me in a bad mood so I just walked away saying something like "I can't do this anymore". I went and watched Narcos on Netflix. I'm not letting this game put me in a ****ty mood anymore for some Numbers on a screen. This whole thing f**kign ruined me yesterday and I only tried about 8 times. Stupid level of "Challenge" that I just found cheap.
    Even after 20 sipes trying to Solo Fears Embrace at lvl255 did I not find something so f**king cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

What worked for us last night..

Enter the boss area with around 6mins left. Stay in that tunnel (only moving out slightly when the boss moves from his platform), as annoying as it can be and just focus the boss, dont touch the adds unless they try to enter that room or cause problems.

When the boss dies, focus the spawn points then adds, we were lucky in that we had our 3 supers ready to help clear them.

We were 2 sunbreakers and a stormcaller.

Yeah, that was not fun. Thankfully we got through it in the end and last ad went down with seconds to spare.

Using the supercell was a great help too, allowing me to bring a weapon of each element for taking down shields. The chain lightning absolutely rinsed the psions too.

I just realised I wasn't having fun and it was putting me in a bad mood so I just walked away saying something like "I can't do this anymore". I went and watched Narcos on Netflix. I'm not letting this game put me in a ****ty mood anymore for some Numbers on a screen. This whole thing f**kign ruined me yesterday and I only tried about 8 times. Stupid level of "Challenge" that I just found cheap.
    Even after 20 sipes trying to Solo Fears Embrace at lvl255 did I not find something so f**king cheap

Your not wrong about it being, very, very difficult, even unfairly so. Its a bit crappy that they aren't keeping it at 310 and actively nerfing people who already got it. I hope they reconsider, as the amount of effort certainly deserves the reward of a 310 weapon imho.

Will be exploiting the crap out of the 300 one I can get from the kiosk this evening and getting my various snipers and shottys to 300 or there abouts, as well as getting some weapons ready for infusion for when they nerf the spindle, so I can get it up to 300 at least.

Another tip is that I went and bought Truth, so I could fire and forget, was using an LMG before, and was getting killed when I poped my head out to shoot at him.

Your not wrong about it being, very, very difficult, even unfairly so. Its a bit crappy that they aren't keeping it at 310 and actively nerfing people who already got it. I hope they reconsider, as the amount of effort certainly deserves the reward of a 310 weapon imho.

Will be exploiting the crap out of the 300 one I can get from the kiosk this evening and getting my various snipers and shottys to 300 or there abouts, as well as getting some weapons ready for infusion for when they nerf the spindle, so I can get it up to 300 at least.

Another tip is that I went and bought Truth, so I could fire and forget, was using an LMG before, and was getting killed when I poped my head out to shoot at him.

Also Truth only requires 8 motes to max out its xp. Well worth burning them if you are going to use it on this mission.

• Advertisement

Someone on reddit pointed out it's the fact there's no cooldown on enemies using things like Bubbles, Black Smog Clouds, Seeking Centurion Missles, Knight Fire-floor projectiles etc. If these were not being perpetually spammed it would be a far more reasonable challenge imho

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Have to say, was running it with Ferrigan and another chap, found it to be immense fun, the kind of extras this game needs, didn't find it cheap at all, challenging yes.

We got so close but tiredness hit us and I'm certain we will mince it the next time- once you can keep it frosty in the first two rooms, get down the the boss room with 6 or 7 minutes on the clock and have a solid strat I have no doubt it will be done handy.

Also Truth only requires 8 motes to max out its xp. Well worth burning them if you are going to use it on this mission.

You sure you weren't wearing a "Faster XP for Rocket Luanchers" Class item there?

Yeah, was surprised at how quick it was to get it up. Will be upgrading its attack asap as well. Excellent weapon.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

Yeah, was surprised at how quick it was to get it up.

:eek::P

• Advertisement

CDBWhoop wrote: »
    :eek::P

Solvable would have been proud

You sure you weren't wearing a "Faster XP for Rocket Luanchers" Class item there?

I was not, faster xp fot sniper rifles. Tried the same with the supercell and the xp bar barely moved, wasn't enough for a single perk to unlock.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

At my cheesy attempt at humour or Wes' prowess?

CDBWhoop wrote: »
    At my cheesy attempt at humour or Wes' prowess?

I'm not sure..... let's not go down another "CDB said you probably heard me shouting 'That's Sex' at the screen and came down to see what the F**K is going on" rathole :pac:

Disclaimer: Sometimes I'll shout weird stuff when things are going well or really badly, in this case I think we got the Warpriest down 40% in one cycle or something

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Is there any point running Skolas POE? What's the loot drop like post TTK?

V9 wrote: »
    Is there any point running Skolas POE? What's the loot drop like post TTK?

Haven't a clue, been balls deep in tTK content since last week so haven't run any legacy stuff. I assume the only stuff that will be 170+ will be from Engrams

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Can someone confirm lads? Is black spindle only through the daily? The mission on heroic is not enough? BTW, love that Bngie placed all these subtle clues in runes for somebody to figure out over time. But that guy just wandered up the stairs and fell across it!! Also, sickened that they did it with a fireteam of 2. They made it look so easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

ugh the scent chest is really bugging the hell out of me, last one i need for 45 :S

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

wexdevil wrote: »
    ugh the scent chest is really bugging the hell out of me, last one i need for 45 :S

Do it in a fireteam and have them stand on the invisible platforms.
    Or if your any good at jumping you can jump on the left ledge and keep jumping around the pillars.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

wexdevil wrote: »

Yeah I know the feeling. I had to practice for over 30 minutes memorizing the platforms and looking for the quickest route/setup before I manged to do it.

I should have asked for help, it is much easier when you have 2 or 3 people standing on platforms

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,273 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Avoid the the platforms in the middle, just run around the gap and straight to the far ones with maxed out agility. I was so close to raging to orbit when ger and cable helped me get that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

**** it.

Just realised the reason ye weren't posting about xur is that it's Thursday and not Friday.

Not happy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

**** it.

Just realised the reason ye weren't posting about xur is that it's Thursday and not Friday.

Not happy.

:pac:

Actually I think I'm short on coins this week for a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

yay just managed to grab it :D

PetKing wrote: »
    Can someone confirm lads? Is black spindle only through the daily? The mission on heroic is not enough? BTW, love that Bngie placed all these subtle clues in runes for somebody to figure out over time. But that guy just wandered up the stairs and fell across it!! Also, sickened that they did it with a fireteam of 2. They made it look so easy.

It's been solo'd by Slayerage.

Also this ruins are EVERYWHERE. Seems like the Hive only have 5 words :pac:
    They are the same ones on the doors as written on rocks in "Hand of Crota" as uses for Runes in Court of Oryx.

Also yes, it can only be done when it's the Daily, not the normal Heroic

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Now I have fancy 300 shotgun, 304 fusion and a 308 sniper. They should get the job done :)

Now I need to finish some more quests tonight. Does anyone know where Keldar Fallen Captain spawns ? He's a step in a Variks quest where you've to find him on Mars.

He spawns in the Rubicon Waste, same place that you spawn into for the Va'alus strike. You'll see a pop up saying a Pack of Wolves are prowling...

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,273 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

It's been solo'd by Slayerage.

Also this ruins are EVERYWHERE. Seems like the Hive only have 5 words :pac:
    They are the same ones on the doors as written on rocks in "Hand of Crota" as uses for Runes in Court of Oryx.

Also yes, it can only be done when it's the Daily, not the normal Heroic

The thing you get when when you dismantle black hammer pretty much has a map telling you where to find the route to Black Spindle if you inspect it. This is only obvious in hindsight of course but it's clear enough what it meant when you look at it now.

The lack of any other weapons dropping something similar makes me wonder if this is the only secret of its kind in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Mickeroo wrote: »
    The thing you get when when you dismantle black hammer pretty much has a map telling you where to find the route to Black Spindle if you inspect it. This is only obvious in hindsight of course but it's clear enough what it meant when you look at it now.

The lack of any other weapons dropping something similar makes me wonder if this is the only secret of its kind in the game.

Has anyone ascended and dismantled the strangers rifle to see if there's a rune?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Solvable would have been proud

Like a parent watching his kid grow up.
    76hwx.jpg
    Haven't a clue, been balls deep in tTK content since last week so haven't run any legacy stuff. I assume the only stuff that will be 170+ will be from Engrams

Am+i+the+only+one+who+thinks+their+sister+getting+_9efc6335fab46d496cacbb4a0cd3b3c4.jpgrj97x.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Has anyone ascended and dismantled the strangers rifle to see if there's a rune?

I ascended it, brought the light up to 170, nothing more. Havent look into it any further, thought I was getting something special not just a damage increase.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement