Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Spent my lunch watching The Legend Himself solo the Daily yesterday. Damn!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Bohrio wrote: »
    I ascended it, brought the light up to 170, nothing more. Havent look into it any further, thought I was getting something special not just a damage increase.

Exactly the same here, I might dismantle it later to see. Can we still get it again from the mission iPad thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Is that the guy who did Croats Raid backwards ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Now I have fancy 300 shotgun, 304 fusion and a 308 sniper. They should get the job done :)

Now I need to finish some more quests tonight. Does anyone know where Keldar Fallen Captain spawns ? He's a step in a Variks quest where you've to find him on Mars.

He spawns just passed the entrance to the 1st tunnel of the Valas strike.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,853 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

In that Solo video why is he not getting wiped when he dies? I'm convinced it wiped us last night if we were all dead. If it doesn't then there is a decent kamikaze strategy of just running in and whaling on the boss with swords til he dies and then looking after the ads...

Is it because he wasn't running it as an actual Daily (or maybe not even heroic). Maybe you can run that part of the mission whenever but not get the Black Spindle til it is a Daily?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,273 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

In that Solo video why is he not getting wiped when he dies? I'm convinced it wiped us last night if we were all dead. If it doesn't then there is a decent kamikaze strategy of just running in and whaling on the boss with swords til he dies and then looking after the ads...

Is it because he wasn't running it as an actual Daily (or maybe not even heroic). Maybe you can run that part of the mission whenever but not get the Black Spindle til it is a Daily?

You don't wipe when you all die, you just wait for the counter to go down then you can respawn.

So can we still try for the Black Spindle tonight?

If so - my proposal strategy is this:

Run into the room.
    FECKING WHALE ON HIM WITH SWORDS TIL HE IS DEAD.
    Then look after ads.

Possible additions to strategy:

Defender bubble around the boss so ads can't hit you while whailing on him (blessing/armour).
    Tether him for crit hits (can you crit hit with a sword?)
    Self res warlock for a better continuation of damage.

Change up supers when he is dead - sunbro for titan, storm caller for warlock?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

This guy is unreal... I watch him stream sometimes, unbelievable, sometimes I think he has to be cheating or something, he is that good

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

If you all wipe BEFORE you enter the Ketch it locks the door and you can't get in

Cormac... wrote: »
    If you all wipe BEFORE you enter the Ketch it locks the door and you can't get in

I just could have sworn I saw the big countdown from 3 timer last night when all three of us were dead but there was only a half second left on my timer so I was spamming revive. must have been a different section.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,273 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I just could have sworn I saw the big countdown from 3 timer last night when all three of us were dead but there was only a half second left on my timer so I was spamming revive. must have been a different section.

Probably happened in the regular part of the mission.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Anyone here raiding on xbox one tonight? I tried oryx again earlier with randoms but people kept leaving,were totally clueless or couldnt understand :/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Bought the dances, ridiculous fun.
    wexdevil wrote: »
    Anyone here raiding on xbox one tonight? I tried oryx again earlier with randoms but people kept leaving,were totally clueless or couldnt understand :/

I'll be around all night.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Managed to get a unopened TTK Legendary ps4 copy of this off adverts for €50,just have to collect it tonight and im good:)

Also have to buy a larger HDD for the PS4 or else id be deleting to try squeeze in TTK. Measly 35gb left and i think this will be 60gb+

EoinHef wrote: »
    Managed to get a unopened TTK Legendary ps4 copy of this off adverts for €50,just have to collect it tonight and im good:)

Also have to buy a larger HDD for the PS4 or else id be deleting to try squeeze in TTK. Measly 35gb left and i think this will be 60gb+

You can just delete all other AAA games. You won't need them anymore

Just keep some indies and Rocket League and you'll be ok for a few years :o

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

Cormac... wrote: »
    You can just delete all other AAA games. You won't need them anymore

Just keep some indies and Rocket League and you'll be ok for a few years :o

I was explaining the very same thing to a lad in work here today. PS4, Destiny Legendary Edition and you're all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Infuse your black spindles asap
    A hotfix will be released this morning that may require players to login upon returning to orbit. Players will not be kicked from activities

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Infuse your black spindles asap

All 3 of yee! :pac:

Andrew76 wrote: »
    All 3 of yee! :pac:

Too late version 2.0.0.2 has now dropped. Black spindle is still 310, but no longer allows you to infuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Dammit it'll probably be live by the time I get home :(

Balls!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

Hmmm I wonder if it nerfs the exotic drop rate on three of coins too. I'll wait for someone else to experiment before I buy a pile more from Xur tomorrow!

kencleary wrote: »
    Hmmm I wonder if it nerfs the exotic drop rate on three of coins too. I'll wait for someone else to experiment before I buy a pile more from Xur tomorrow!

I'd say so. The patch notes are going to be in tonights weekly.

the coins will be next to useless if they reduce the drop rate.

If they want to nerf them they should have a timer on it of some description, only allow it once per mission etc - reducing the drop rate would be stupid.

Looks like Celestial Nighthawk V2.0 makes this fight a decent bit easier and has less mad running around

I don't understand the patch notes:

"Three of Coins now provides a smaller increase in Exotic Engram drop chance when rapidly killing Ultras"

How does it define 'rapidly'? Does it mean the first coin has the same rate as before? If I wait, for example, one hour before trying the coin, is the probability the same as before?

"Some treasure chests in the Dreadnaught are now in a location that only allow them to be looted once per spawn"

In what way are locations only accessible once per spawn, if the ability to get these chests is based on their location

Badly written patch notes

EDIT: Also, no mention of the black spindle.

A baby Hawkmoon dropped for me in the Crucible today
    Eyasluna
    It's name pretty much means "Young hawk moon".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

In what way are locations only accessible once per spawn, if the ability to get these chests is based on their location

So it could get rid of the Mausoleum chest run.

So it could get rid of the Mausoleum chest run.

if it is once per spawn (and that is effected cause I don't understand their crappy patch notes) then surely you could just get killed by the cabal at the top of that area, respawn and boom, new spawn new chests - according to the notes (which are badly written).

Terrible patch notes.

• Administrators Posts: 53,832 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Shindig in the Crucible is such a total bulls**t quest.

Has anyone actually completed this? It's the one where you have to get kills with the last word equipped in crucible, but the penalty for dying is incredibly harsh.

• Advertisement

awec wrote: »
    Shindig in the Crucible is such a total bulls**t quest.

Has anyone actually completed this? It's the one where you have to get kills with the last word equipped in crucible, but the penalty for dying is incredibly harsh.

If you can win 34 games seemingly just run crucible as normal and then equip TLW just as the game is ending at it will give you 3% towards completion (not tried this myself)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement