Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

awec wrote: »
    Shindig in the Crucible is such a total bulls**t quest.

Has anyone actually completed this? It's the one where you have to get kills with the last word equipped in crucible, but the penalty for dying is incredibly harsh.

I'm stuck on this too , TLW is now terrible compared to before , I get wiped out coming up against pulse/auto and new raid weapons , I got to 70% last night after going 20/2 in 1 game but now I'm back to 42%. The majority of my kills are from everything apart from TLW now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

if it is once per spawn (and that is effected cause I don't understand their crappy patch notes) then surely you could just get killed by the cabal at the top of that area, respawn and boom, new spawn new chests - according to the notes (which are badly written).

Terrible patch notes.

I think they mean rushing to the loading point and then returning to the chest so you can get it again. I have seen this mentioned as the best way to farm hadium flakes. Similar the the HoW gold chest thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

If you can win 34 games seemingly just run crucible as normal and then equip TLW just as the game is ending at it will give you 3% towards completion (not tried this myself)

Will you not lose percentage pts for deaths prior to that? It seems glitchy tracking your score. I was getting kills last night without it registering. Quest is frustrating enough as is.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Looking on the database, I see there is no yr.2 HMG in the Jolder's Hammer class. Sad

Turn that frown upside down, the new Iron Banner, and Trials guns may have something in store for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Jaysus what is it with randoms and just rage quitting after one wipe

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Will you not lose percentage pts for deaths prior to that? It seems glitchy tracking your score. I was getting kills last night without it registering. Quest is frustrating enough as is.

Nope, equip it just before the match eds then hide. 3%. Slow going but I'm not good enough to get it legit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Cormac... wrote: »
    You can just delete all other AAA games. You won't need them anymore

Just keep some indies and Rocket League and you'll be ok for a few years :o

Yup ive been playing a lot of Diablo 3 and my love for it is starting to wane a little bit,so i needed a new game where the RNGesus was cruel to me,i swear im a sadist:D

Played Destiny originally and neither the story or the levelling interested me with the light system but i really like the look of the changes they have made to the game now and figured this is a good time for me to get onboard.

Finally have enough space for it as well with the new drive installed,lack of space on the 500GB was a real pain for me,glad thats dealt with now.

Any other newbies wanna add me on PSN feel free and we can level together GT: EoinHef

I will add though im leveling from scratch so be only early game for me for a bit,im also going to try the classes to see which one i want as my main so ill probably be messing around trying things at the start.

Nope, equip it just before the match eds then hide. 3%. Slow going but I'm not good enough to get it legit.

Arrrghhhhhh this is a ****ing stupid **** ****ing challenge I'm now down to 7% TLW is nerfed to **** !!!!! Arrghhhhhh #RageIsReal

Yeah the start of the bounty was a huge pain in the ass

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Mcsirl wrote: »
    Arrrghhhhhh this is a ****ing stupid **** ****ing challenge I'm now down to 7% TLW is nerfed to **** !!!!! Arrghhhhhh #RageIsReal

There is a strong chance I'll be booting up some additional consoles and logging in a few accounts that own destiny and doing rumble to just cheese this quest in the next week or so. I'll post here when I do and feel free to join in if you are on xbox.

There is a strong chance I'll be booting up some additional consoles and logging in a few accounts that own destiny and doing rumble to just cheese this quest in the next week or so. I'll post here when I do and feel free to join in if you are on xbox.

Cool thanks

Oryx done, next up is to find 4 hadium flakes to continue the touch of malice bounty

• Registered Users Posts: 45,853 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Got a few exotics last night.

Tlaloc from the gunsmith for his quest.
    Fabian strategy from the gunsmith for his quest.
    Jade Rabbit from an exotic engram drop (3ofC loot).

Only used the Tlaloc so far - looks awesome but stat wise nothing special.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Just thinking the other day but now my usual crutches Thorn/Hopscotch are no good what the hell am I using for IB? It's soon isn't it?

I'm definately upgrading the Truth for it. Might just camp the heavy with it. :rolleyes:

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Just thinking the other day but now my usual crutches Thorn/Hopscotch are no good what the hell am I using for IB? It's soon isn't it?

I'm definately upgrading the Truth for it. Might just camp the heavy with it. :rolleyes:

I tried to get used to using pulse rifles before the update - not found a new one I like. Messenger is still excellent in normal crucible but it isn't going to cut it in Iron Banner.

Will be interesting to see how big an effect the light level of your characters make, cause I won't have any at 300 anytime soon i reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Yeah same. The Hopscotch is still good in regular but won't be much use in IB.

I might just hang back and try and pick them off with that Telstar/Toaster (or whatever it's called) exotic fusion.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,273 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The pulse rifle I got from the gunsmith has almost the same stats as messenger (Lyumida - D or something) and it's rolled with glass half full (not as good as headseeker though). Haven't found it much cop in the crucible yet. though.

Ruin wings.
    Light beyond Nemisis
    Sealed Arkahama Grasps.
    Hawkmoon.

All sold exotics at 280

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

The bould Xur has hawk moon this week

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,273 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Boo-urns, every one will have hawkmoon now >_<

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Ruin wings.
    Light beyond Nemisis
    Sealed Arkahama Grasps.
    Hawkmoon.

All sold exotics at 280

I can't believe he's selling Hawkmoon :) I won't have to wait months :D

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I can't believe he's selling Hawkmoon :) I won't have to wait months :D

You didn't earn your hawkmoon like I did :mad:

If you have year one hawkmoon, you can buy it at the same rating as the Xur one from blueprints for 150 legendary marks.

Just whether the strange coins or the legendary marks are more valuable to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Boo-urns, every one will have hawkmoon now >_<

Ha you and your smugness the other night with your fancy shiny Hawkmoon lording it over us poor unfortunates who were Hawkmoonless :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

EoinHef wrote: »
    Any other newbies wanna add me on PSN feel free and we can level together GT: EoinHef

I will add though im leveling from scratch so be only early game for me for a bit,im also going to try the classes to see which one i want as my main so ill probably be messing around trying things at the start.

Send a Request to join the Clan (Post 1 or in my Sig)

When you feel you want to start Raiding and stuff (around level 26 or so) just PM me on PSN and I'll add you to the chat rooms. Everything Pre-Raid / End-Game is soloable or has useful matchmaking
    gimli2112 wrote: »

I posted a guide many pages back on the best new weapons to buy from vendors, one of this was a High Impact Pulse Rifles

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Got a monte carlo from a legacy Ingram. Not too bad. Now to spam the coins of three.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭thegame983

Anyone up for some King's Fall Raiding tonight? Haven't done it yet, but I ain't no fool.

I joined the clan, but haven't added anyone yet.

PSN: thegame983

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Well this is a pain copying the game all around the place. Have 4 people now, if any boardsies want to pop in and get the last word bounty done just message me or join the fireteam

edit: 5 now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Is Hawkmoon really that good? Tempted to pick it, and maybe the Warlock helm, up today.

Also, going to try and do the raid this weekend if anyone is about (PSN).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement