Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Well this is a pain copying the game all around the place. Have 4 people now, if any boardsies want to pop in and get the last word bounty done just message me or join the fireteam

edit: 5 now.

You can only have a fireteam of 3 go into Rumble

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Cormac... wrote: »
    You can only have a fireteam of 3 go into Rumble

Well then I shall cancel this game copying over. So its either 3 or 6 for best effect?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,273 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Kiith wrote: »
    Is Hawkmoon really that good? Tempted to pick it, and maybe the Warlock helm, up today.

Also, going to try and do the raid this weekend if anyone is about (PSN).

Really good crucible weapon, not a bad PvE one either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

15 attempts with the 3 of coin. One engram. Bloody hell.

V9 wrote: »
    15 attempts with the 3 of coin. One engram. Bloody hell.

Drop rate is nerfed if you kill ultras etc too quickly.

• Advertisement

Well then I shall cancel this game copying over. So its either 3 or 6 for best effect?

Can you outline exactly what you're planning?

To go into Rumble on 3 consoles at the same time with 3 TVs side by side and use your main account to just run around killing the other 2 where they spawn?

Also, you cannot have 6 players in a fireteam enter Rumble, 3 is the Max

Well then. Back to the long way of doing it :-)

Can you outline exactly what you're planning?

To go into Rumble on 3 consoles at the same time with 3 TVs side by side and use your main account to just run around killing the other 2 where they spawn?

Also, you cannot have 6 players in a fireteam enter Rumble, 3 is the Max

Yes pretty much. I have 5 consoles with the game set up already.

• Administrators Posts: 53,832 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

is there any benefit to buying a legacy engram from xur?

awec wrote:

For me, it gives me a chance to find a year one weapon that has year two blueprints. Which can be bought with legendary points.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,273 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

awec wrote: »

No, only way you could do well of it is if there's a year one exotic that's been carried over to year two that you don't have. Getting the year one version will allow you to buy the new one from the blue prints kiosk. That's a gamble and seems like a waste of strange coins to me though.

Yes pretty much. I have 5 consoles with the game set up already.

What

The

Actual

F**K

Thanks, I think I'll buy some three of coins instead then.

Honestly, everyone should stop wasting and farming 3 of Coins beyond 3 bits of Armour and 4 Weapons until they hit level 300

Once you hit level 300, the Exotics you decrypt will be 310 and all 280/290/300 Exotics will be Shards.

Play the long game.....

What

The

Actual

F**K

\:D/ Slow day at the office.

\:D/ Slow day at the office.

Ok, well I've been harping on about this before but Boasting in Rumble is a misnomer.

Reasons:
    While there are 2 Guardians that you are guaranteed kills every encounter, they are also guaranteed kills for the other 3 randomers in the playlist.
    You will need to run head on towards this 3 other accounts, and while you're running there, you're an easy kill for the other 3 randomers
    Players who are anyway decent at Rumble will kill you, your 3 buddy accounts and kill the other 2 randomers and most likely win the match.

Now, I may be wrong, so if you intend on trying it. Keep track of the results and let us know how 10 matches go.

Cause honestly when I see 3 players in a fireteam that retrying to boost (Say Sword kills) in Rumble, it pleases me, makes it more likely I'll win do better than usual as I'm not worried about trying to traverse the map to kill a 2nd account before the randomers can.

Boosting with 2 other players is a different story as the can run to you undefined themselves from randomers

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Anyone need to do the last part of the malice bounty? I'm having some difficulty with it

Honestly, everyone should stop wasting and farming 3 of Coins beyond 3 bits of Armour and 4 Weapons until they hit level 300

Once you hit level 300, the Exotics you decrypt will be 310 and all 280/290/300 Exotics will be Shards.

Play the long game.....

Some people won't be 300+ for weeks, better to have good exotics now and infuse them then than wait. Better to get to 300 first then worry about getting 310 gear.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Some people won't be 300+ for weeks, better to have good exotics now and infuse them then than wait. Better to get to 300 first then worry about getting 310 gear.

But you can only equip 1 weapon and armour at a time.

For example I got:
    Obsidian Mind
    Light Beyond Nemisis
    HotPF
    Telesto
    Hereafter
    Jade Rabbit
    Zhalo Supercell

That's pretty much a gun for every encounter type (Boss, Long Range, Mob Clearance, Close Quarters) and Armour for each sub class (pretty much).

No point in farming 40 more engrams for now unless you're sitting on 300+ coins after that initial engram-grab as you're not going to use Starfire Protocol or TLW etc.

That being said my whole point is moot on it now as the cool-down thing in the patch notes means you can't farm exotic engrams anyway ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Most people farm engrams for that one weapon or piece of armour though as they will likely have a specific one they want or the engrams will give them duplicates of what they already have, not to mention there's no actual content in the game that requires 310 gear at the moment so there's no real rush to obtain it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

aWryShark on reddit has some observations on Xur's offerings.

Titan: Ruin Wings
    The roll here feels a little low. However, according to the Armory, they can only roll up to 47/47/47, so we're ostensibly looking at quite a decent one. The Exotics themselves were essential in Y1, rightfully earning a top A tier from my Exotic Review. While I seem to find that the priority of having heavy constantly in Y2 is well down, it can't be denied that heavy weaponry itself is just as effective. With the steady trickle of Exotic Swords beginning, Guardians are doubtless going to want to strike early and often with these abilities, and the chance for more Heavy Ammo drops with more in them is very enticing. As a universal Titan Exotic, I'll maintain my A tier for Y2 in PvE. Good perks to roll randomly? Impact induction, Paramuscle Armature, and Shotgun Loader are a solid few - so the ones on our Xûr roll here aren't bad at all.

Hunter: Sealed Ahamkara Grasps
    I'm hazarding a guess that each Exotic has its own roll "profile", e.g. the Ahamkara Grasps can drop with a high Strength Score with one ancillary stat, or a fairly even split between two of the stats. This would be one interpretation of Bungie's data at 47 Intellect/47 Discipline/75 Strength, but I feel it's a worthy one. It would be strange to have a much higher potential than Ruin Wings, but the Taken King is new, so I'm not ruling it out. These Gauntlets are excellent for a Nightstalker or Bladedancer who likes to be Batman invisible a lot. An additional melee charge means you can potentially stack up to two effective uses of invisibility for use in a pinch. In PvE, this means revive versatility, and generally always having an advantage for positioning with your enemies. In PvP, the Nightstalker gains a bit of an edge over Bladedancer, as he or she doesn't need to get in shotgun distance to go invisible. The Primary Weapon reloader perk chance has a fairly strong possibility to proc following a melee kill. A friend of mine has noticed it popping up often, but I lack conclusive data, so I'd appreciate any testimony here. All in all, a very high B that could slide up into an A with the right Monte Carlo/Strength investment.

Warlock: Light Beyond Nemesis
    Going with my previous theory, LBN looks to be able to roll a high Intellect/low secondary Strength/Discipline build - with a max of 83 for Int - or a more even split at around 53/53. my own is an 81 Int/15 Strength variant, so this actually seems about right. If anyone has a more even split, could you confirm the 53/53 max? My own THE STAG is at 52/52, so this seems entirely plausible. As for the LBN in PvE gameplay, it's still quite a good choice in PvE, even if it isn't the Orb train powerhouse it once was. With the limit now being 5 in a Super, the ability to generate 6 is actually a more sizable % increase, even if it results in cumulatively less orbs than in previous expansions. Now that this Helmet isn't restricted to perplexing Strength and Melee Speed perks, its downsides are increasingly limited. I'm tempted to give it an A tier for those teams that really vie for Super synergy, and a high B for the rest of us. As always, Inverse Shadow is a great perk to get in the second column, but I feel Invigoration is a little weak for the final perk. All in all, a solid buy this week.

Ok, well I've been harping on about this before but Boasting in Rumble is a misnomer.

Reasons:
    While there are 2 Guardians that you are guaranteed kills every encounter, they are also guaranteed kills for the other 3 randomers in the playlist.
    You will need to run head on towards this 3 other accounts, and while you're running there, you're an easy kill for the other 3 randomers
    Players who are anyway decent at Rumble will kill you, your 3 buddy accounts and kill the other 2 randomers and most likely win the match.

Now, I may be wrong, so if you intend on trying it. Keep track of the results and let us know how 10 matches go.

Cause honestly when I see 3 players in a fireteam that retrying to boost (Say Sword kills) in Rumble, it pleases me, makes it more likely I'll win as I'm not worried about trying to traverse the map to kill a 2nd account before the randomers can.

Boosting with 2 other players is a different story as the can run to you undefined themselves from randomers

Ah the other 3 lads weren't great and i am fine at pvp anyway (i am just bad with tlw), got up to 83% of that quest after 2 games, though i accidentally left the first game early :(

Ah the other 3 lads weren't great and i am fine at pvp anyway (i am just bad with tlw), got up to 83% of that quest after 2 games, though i accidentally left the first game early :(

Ah I didn't realise you had actual people playing with the other accounts.

Just thought you were sitting there with 5 controllers like a mad man

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

He's not Bohrio!! ;)

no, 3 real random people, me and the 2 other consoles set up just getting hit with empty swords :p

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

CPve_fYXAAAaR4Y.png

Finally! :D

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Most people farm engrams for that one weapon or piece of armour though as they will likely have a specific one they want or the engrams will give them duplicates of what they already have, not to mention there's no actual content in the game that requires 310 gear at the moment so there's no real rush to obtain it.

I just want to get to 280 / 290+ so I can start raiding and nightfalling again.

I took a break from destiny during the house of wolves so I am a bit behind. Bought hawkmoon and the warlock helment and up to about 256 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Ok, so I never got into raids when I played, I used to play PvE, PVP and do the daily strikes.
    After a while I decided to stop playing as it seemed raids were the only way to continue and I had no interest in playing a mode that you needed a pre-set team and comms for.

Is the new expansion worth jumping back in for, if you're not going to play the raids?

BizzyC wrote: »
    Is the new expansion worth jumping back in for, if you're not going to play the raids?

Yes

• Advertisement

BizzyC wrote: »
    Ok, so I never got into raids when I played, I used to play PvE, PVP and do the daily strikes.
    After a while I decided to stop playing as it seemed raids were the only way to continue and I had no interest in playing a mode that you needed a pre-set team and comms for.

Nothing's changed from before in that regard, yet anyway, if you don't want to raid you will end up being left behind in terms of weapons and gear. There's definitely a lot more to do than before but I'm not sure it would be worthwhile without the co-op aspects.

Raids are by far the best thing in the game anyway, join the boards clan and add a few people sure.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement