Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Anyone on the xb1 for the weekly and nightfall just now? Haven't played for an age so might be a bit rusty.....

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Anyone on the xb1 for the weekly and nightfall just now? Haven't played for an age so might be a bit rusty.....

I should be on in 10 mins have to run both twice

Mcsirl wrote: »
    I should be on in 10 mins have to run both twice

Throw me an invite when you're on then, just doing a bit of iron banner to pass the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Finished the Nightfall a little while ago. Man, what a slog that is. Omnigul just soaks up the damage, especially with no burn. Then all those Hallowed Knight wandering around. I don't think I'll bother running it on my alt.

Only 12 Strange Coins for my troubles too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I got another plan C for doing here, best bet is to cheese it from the room directly opposite the platform.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Ran it twice last night - 10 coins and Skullfort.
    But Steve got Truth ... so some decent gear drops it seems.

One more run to go tonight. It's a slog alright, but not overly difficult as long as you're patient.

I had another great run through the CE Raid last night. Finished in under an hour and came out of it with:

Chestpiece
    Black Hammer
    Dragon's Breath
    11 Radiant Shards

My first impression of Black Hammer is that it is very powerful. It might even be an option ahead of the Ice Breaker to free up an Exotic slot. I'll have to level it up and see how it goes. And thanks to the all those Shards plus the ones from that Chestpiece I was able to level up my armour some more.

I am now just 7 Radiant Shards from Level 32. I wonder will I get the 7 I need from my alt characters run through the Raid.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

I was very happy with Truth. It's one of those Xur weapons that I missed out on due to lack of coins. Another one for the collection! More of a Crucible weapon, but it's fun to use something different for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

I had another great run through the CE Raid last night. Finished in under an hour and came out of it with:

Chestpiece
    Black Hammer
    Dragon's Breath
    11 Radiant Shards

My first impression of Black Hammer is that it is very powerful. It might even be an option ahead of the Ice Breaker to free up an Exotic slot. I'll have to level it up and see how it goes. And thanks to the all those Shards plus the ones from that Chestpiece I was able to level up my armour some more.

I am now just 7 Radiant Shards from Level 32. I wonder will I get the 7 I need from my alt characters run through the Raid.

Blackhammer is an excellent circumstantial (I think I heard someone referred to it as such) weapon, meaning , it is excellent against certain bosses and if your aim is good in strikes or Raids such as CE. But it wouldnt replace my IB or even my other legendary snipers (by this I mean always have it equipped) mostly because of its small mag size (3) and total ammo it can carry (i believe is 12-15?)

You will find yourself switching between the IB and the BH.

Normally I would start a strike with another legendary sniper (for instance, devils layter an arc sniper) and then, in this case, before the devil walker I will switch to my BH and leave it there to the end.

It is also good in CE, not so good for VoG

Still is a great sniper rifle!

And you shouldnt have problem getting 7 shards, as you can also run it on hard and get them as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭thebag89

Bohrio wrote: »
    Blackhammer is an excellent circumstantial (I think I heard someone referred to it as such) weapon, meaning , it is excellent against certain bosses and if your aim is good in strikes or Raids such as CE. But it wouldnt replace my IB or even my other legendary snipers (by this I mean always have it equipped) mostly because of its small mag size (3) and total ammo it can carry (i believe is 12-15?)

You will find yourself switching between the IB and the BH.

Normally I would start a strike with another legendary sniper (for instance, devils layter an arc sniper) and then, in this case, before the devil walker I will switch to my BH and leave it there to the end.

It is also good in CE, not so good for VoG

Still is a great sniper rifle!

And you shouldnt have problem getting 7 shards, as you can also run it on hard and get them as well!

I bet you'd use it the whole time if you had Gjallarhorn :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,107 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

thebag89 wrote: »

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I use my Efphrits Spear (IB sniper) over Black Hammer any day. Trying to get 3 critical hits in a row is tricky and if you don't get constant back to back critical it's useless. I'd much rather get 4-6 shots with another sniper and reload when required.

With all this obsession over Field Scout and Black Hammer you'd swear half the player base was unfamiliar with reloading full stop.

I'm one of this players who reloads constantly when I'm not engaged in combat so needing over-sized clips has never been an issue for me. Though I will say that I avoid guns which have a terrible clip in general (like some hand cannons and snipers)

thebag89 wrote: »

hehehe

But I do have it remember ;)

Actually I have much better snipers on PS than on XB1 for some reason

I love my LDR void sniper rifle, clown cartdrige, explosive rounds and extended mags makes it pretty useful on void nf

Was thinking of playing IB so I can get the sniper rifle but I am not sure it is on the drop loot table!

Now on XB1 I only use IB when I am short of bullets!

And who knows, maybe this week will be the week? ... nah!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Anybody on ps4 for IB soon.

And if im lvl 1 now, what are the chances of me getting to lvl 4/5 by the time it ends, whenever that is

Rossi IRL wrote: »

And if im lvl 1 now, what are the chances of me getting to lvl 4/5 by the time it ends, whenever that is

You should get to level 4 at least by the next reset. Just be sure to buy and equip the emblems and shader. Also buy the XP boost for a Mote of Light every day.

You should check out Cormac's post on the IB from yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,651 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Cormac... wrote: »
    I use my Efphrits Spear (IB sniper) over Black Hammer any day. Trying to get 3 critical hits in a row is tricky and if you don't get constant back to back critical it's useless. I'd much rather get 4-6 shots with another sniper and reload when required.

With all this obsession over Field Scout and Black Hammer you'd swear half the player base was unfamiliar with reloading full stop.

I'm one of this players who reloads constantly when I'm not engaged in combat so needing over-sized clips has never been an issue for me. Though I will say that I avoid guns which have a terrible clip in general (like some hand cannons and snipers)

Field scout is massively important, there are times when having to reload can be the end of you, I'm sure most people advocating field scout and black hammer are also fairly capable of reloading at opportune moments. It took me a while to warm to the BH but when you get used to it its great, Speer is probably better if you're don't need the solar damage, mine has 6 bullets in the clip and does more damage than black hammer anyway.

AdamD wrote: »
    Field scout is massively important, there are times when having to reload can be the end of you, I'm sure most people advocating field scout and black hammer are also fairly capable of reloading at opportune moments. It took me a while to warm to the BH but when you get used to it its great, Speer is probably better if you're don't need the solar damage, mine has 6 bullets in the clip and does more damage than black hammer anyway.

I am going to play some IB games this week in the hope that the sniper rifle will drop (and maybe the HC)... dont think I will make it to rank 5 but I dont really care tbh as I have no interest on any of the two weapons he is currently selling.

One question though, I am assuming drops are random as well and not linked to how well you do?

Because I am going to be possibly playing solo and it is hard to win games when soloing it (I think)

Rossi IRL wrote: »

Honestly, hitting Rank 5 is not as complicated as some people make out...

Go for the Auto Rifle headshots and MG headshot bounty each day (aswell as the 10k xp bounty and Iron Embrace)
    Group up with fellow experienced clan members
    Play a small amount daily as bounties are worth 2 wins, so getting 4 bounties a day is a big help.

I made 2 example tables in my number crunching

PLAYING 6 MATCHES A DAY

The below is based on:
    Having the Shader, Emblem & Bond/Cloak/Towel equipped.
    Activating Tempered each day.
    You play 6 matches going L,W,L,W,L,W.
    Turning in 3 Bounties per day (3 is a an achievable amount in 6 games for most players).

Day|XP From 3 Bounties|XP from 6 Matches|Remaining XP to achieve Rank 3|Remaining XP to achieve Rank 4|Remaining XP to achieve Rank 5
    Tuesday|423|393|2884|5284|7684
    Wednesday|459|405|2020|4420|6820
    Thursday|498|447|1075|3475|5875
    Friday|558|501|16|2416|4816
    Saturday|636|573|Achieved|1207|3607
    Sunday|798|717|-|Achieved|2092
    Monday|996|897|-|-|199

PLAYING FOR THE LAST 4 DAYS ONLY

The below is based on:
    Having the Shader, Emblem & Bond/Cloak/Towel equipped.
    Activating Tempered each day.
    You play 10 matches going L,W,L,W etc
    Turning in 4 Bounties per day (4 is a an achievable amount in 10 games for most players).

Day|XP From 4 Bounties|XP from 10 Matches|Remaining XP to achieve Rank 3|Remaining XP to achieve Rank 4|Remaining XP to achieve Rank 5
    Friday|744|835|2121|4521|6921
    Saturday|848|955|318|2718|5118
    Sunday|1064|1195|Achieved|459|2859
    Monday|1328|1495|-|Achieved|36

Also it's important to note:

NKf51FV.jpg?1

Just cause.... yanno... Iron Banner like (before I realised I had NONE of the Iron Banner stuff equipped haha)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

One question though, I am assuming drops are random as well and not linked to how well you do?

Because I am going to be possibly playing solo and it is hard to win games when soloing it (I think)

Yes the drops are random just like in the crucible.

Yes the drops are random just like in the crucible.

Random yes but usually limited to whatever 2 guns were for sale during the last IB.
    Timurs Lash and Radegasts Fury were for sale last time, so they should be the only 2 guns that drop this time. Aswell as many lego spaceships.

Easiest way to win IB?
    Have someone selfless/sneaky enough to mess up the opponents Heavy Ammo drops at 9:00 and 5:50.
    Having a team with 3-5 players with Heavy ammo versus a team with maybe just 1 makes a WORLD of difference.

• Advertisement

Thanks guys

Ok, then I will give it a go, in that way, even if a keep loosing I have a chance of getting drops (I dont really care about the new weapons and I wouldnt spend glimmer on them)

I have heard of people (bungie.net) saying that they got the Auto rifle as a drop (didnt even know there was one) so I am curious to see if it is limited to the last 2 weapons or not.

Guess I will find out soon (hopefully)

Thanks guys

Ok, then I will give it a go, in that way, even if a keep loosing I have a chance of getting drops (I dont really care about the new weapons and I wouldnt spend glimmer on them)

I have heard of people (bungie.net) saying that they got the Auto rifle as a drop (didnt even know there was one) so I am curious to see if it is limited to the last 2 weapons or not.

Guess I will find out soon (hopefully)

Actually maybe the AR was available for sale last time and not Radegasts Fury, I can't remember. I do the AR is crap altogether though

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Currently only halfway through rank 2 on IB but on the upside I'm actually decent with handcannons now(thank you thorn!) I also finally got the exotic bounty for super good advice

• Registered Users Posts: 45,928 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Only got two games of IB last night - hope to get a couple of hours in on it tonight. Will be looking to hook up with some clan members for it, don't fancy groups of randoms with no communication. Hopefully I can hop into a group around 8 or 9.

Anyone else on xb1 and UPC getting weasel disconnects? I've managed to get to the Tower once in the last 15 minutes with about 6 dc's. Seem to remember this happening in the last IB event.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Anyone else on xb1 and UPC getting weasel disconnects? I've managed to get to the Tower once in the last 15 minutes with about 6 dc's. Seem to remember this happening in the last IB event.

Destiny has been plagued with issues since yesterday, its down to bungie though.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Haven't logged on today. I'll try later but from past experience, UPC customers across Europe seem to encounter a lot of disconnects with the Bungie servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

I know Quad Red was having similar issues on Monday night.

I'm just one now and the xbox update is taking a damn long time ... I'm guessing UPC are having issues at the moment.

I know Quad Red was having similar issues on Monday night.

I'm just one now and the xbox update is taking a damn long time ... I'm guessing UPC are having issues at the moment.

Could be UPC alright, I got booted from the blizzard servers while playing diablo just now.

Anyway, anyone fancy some iron banner later if we can all get connected?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Where do you get the IB bond or whatever else you need to rank up in it? How long does IB last for

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement