Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Anyone recommend the best place to draw out the Taken champion on Venus, I hang around the cliff area but never enough guardians around. Deffo was a lot easist getting them at the divide on earth.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

That being said there is about 20 story missions in the DLC.

About 8 in Act 1
    8 in the Taken War
    And 4 for Petra/Variks

Plus 4 Strikes

So even single player, there's still a decent ammount of content.

But if you're not interested in Raiding, nothing I'm going to say will change that. It's by far the most fulfilling, fun and rewarding PvE content

syboit wrote: »
    Anyone recommend the best place to draw out the Taken champion on Venus, I hang around the cliff area but never enough guardians around. Deffo was a lot easist getting them at the divide on earth.

Usually lots of people around Citadel AFAIK

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

wexdevil wrote: »
    CPve_fYXAAAaR4Y.png

Finally! :D

I really the emblem as well. The gun is good fun, can't wait to use it against Oryx today

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,273 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Cormac... wrote: »
    That being said there is about 20 story missions in the DLC.

About 8 in Act 1
    8 in the Taken War
    And 4 for Petra/Variks

Plus 4 Strikes

So even single player, there's still a decent ammount of content.

Everything post act 1 are just bounties and grinding bar the odd mission really though, and what missions there are are just recycled locations/missions from earlier in the game. Most of it would seem fairly pointless to a solo player imo, not to mention very hard in some instances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Is there any consensus on what the best weapon is to order from the Gunsmith this week?

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Everything post act 1 are just bounties and grinding bar the odd mission really though, and what missions there are are just recycled locations/missions from earlier in the game. Most of it would seem fairly pointless to a solo player imo, not to mention very hard in some instances.

All I'm saying is if they thought the €40/€60/€70 base game was good and value for money without a fireteam, they will find the €40 expansion the same.

It's almost as much Solo content, if not more than Vanilla

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

syboit wrote: »

I tried the this a few nights ago and found the Taken champions to be a lot more difficult to kill. Tried the one at the Ishtar Cliffs and another one, but they despawned before I could finish them. It mentions in the Quest that it should be done in a fireteam. Has anyone solo'd the Venus Taken Wars Venus quest??

I tried the this a few nights ago and found the Taken champions to be a lot more difficult to kill. Tried the one at the Ishtar Cliffs and another one, but they despawned before I could finish them. It mentions in the Quest that it should be done in a fireteam. Has anyone solo'd the Venus Taken Wars Venus quest??

That one in Venus and the other one in rocketyard earth are pretty hard to solo. I have done it but only after several attempts. I would recommend doing it in a fireteam it is just very tedious otherwise as both bosses keeps shooting those blinding black things (plus the lieutenants) so it makes the fights very hard. Also, if you want to attempt it, make sure you are far away and clear as many lieutenants as possible otherwise you just wont be able to kill them in time.

A second person helps because he doesnt only focus on you so you have more time to shoot him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Yup same issue for me when Solo, just can't do enough damage to kill them. never seems to be anyone around when you need help :) . you would find at the divide there are always random guardians hanging around so a fireteam would form on the fly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I think the best place to do it is first area to the left from spawn. I'll help you later with it either way if I'm on.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Bohrio wrote: »
    That one in Venus and the other one in rocketyard earth are pretty hard to solo. I have done it but only after several attempts. I would recommend doing it in a fireteam it is just very tedious otherwise as both bosses keeps shooting those blinding black things (plus the lieutenants) so it makes the fights very hard. Also, if you want to attempt it, make sure you are far away and clear as many lieutenants as possible otherwise you just wont be able to kill them in time.

A second person helps because he doesnt only focus on you so you have more time to shoot him.

Cheers. Yeah that blinding attack is very frustrating. I'll try it again and only snipe this time when they spawn. I was not expecting so many enemies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Cheers. Yeah that blinding attack is very frustrating. I'll try it again and only snipe this time when they spawn. I was not expecting so many enemies.

If you see me on give me a shout, always happy to help if I'm not busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Same as the lads, if I'm on send up a help flare :P

I have to say, if you are the runner at Oryx and have the touch of malice use that thing against him. It absolutely destroys him! We had 4 people down, 1 1000 yard and the malice against him and we were able to stagger him despite the lack of people

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭thegame983

eh lads. I'm not getting glimmer from killing enemies. Not even those yellow hive down the stairs in the cosmodrome. Any ideas? Pretty sure it has been happening for a while now

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Do you have 25k in glimmer? You can't earn anymore than that

Do you have 25000 glimmer?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,273 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Think there might be a bug with the cryptarch, I had loads of marks so chanced my arm on a legendary engram, it literally decoded to nothing. Got the rep but that's it, no mats or anything. Wasn't prepared to spend more marks to test it again but just thought I'd warn folks to be careful.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

thegame983 wrote: »
    eh lads. I'm not getting glimmer from killing enemies. Not even those yellow hive down the stairs in the cosmodrome. Any ideas? Pretty sure it has been happening for a while now

The same happened to me yesterday. I even used Ether Seeds and Supply Codes and got nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭thegame983

Do you have 25000 glimmer?

No. on like 6 k. Did a few story mission. Got nothing. Only when I dismantle

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

The farming part of the Exotic Sword quest can go take a jump. All the Year 1 grinding nostalgia that you didn't know you missed :P Anyone have some tips to speed up the process? The ability kills part seems crazy slow, having to to kill around 10 enemies to register 1% point.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭thebag89

The farming part of the Exotic Sword quest can go take a jump. All the Year 1 grinding nostalgia that you didn't know you missed :P Anyone have some tips to speed up the process? The ability kills part seems crazy slow, having to to kill around 10 enemies to register 1% point.

Yeah you need 1000 kills and have to gather about 400 of whatever material, tis great fun....

• Administrators Posts: 53,832 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Is it worth buying the legendary armour from the Vanguard rep?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

awec wrote: »
    Is it worth buying the legendary armour from the Vanguard rep?

No unless you like the perks or are 220 light or lower. With the abundance of engrams, you will easily find both blue and legendary engrams(much higher drop rate of engrams now) that are higher than what the vanguard have.

Only buy a vanguard or crucible ghost as they are a lot harder to come by.

I used the dark beyond mission (walking the hive, a classic). I got between 3-4% per run. I was using a gunslinger (Hunter) with explosive golden gun shots and Ac Symb.

It will all depend what sword elemental damage you need to do and what character. I didnt know it back then, if I had, I would probably had used hunter for void, titan for solar and warlock for arc.

I am still ok, I will use arc for my titan and voidwalker for my void kills

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Bohrio wrote: »
    I used the dark beyond mission (walking the hive, a classic). I got between 3-4% per run. I was using a gunslinger (Hunter) with explosive golden gun shots and Ac Symb.

It will all depend what sword elemental damage you need to do and what character. I didnt know it back then, if I had, I would probably had used hunter for void, titan for solar and warlock for arc.

I am still ok, I will use arc for my titan and voidwalker for my void kills

Yeah, I went with the solar sword on my titan. It was made easier running around 1 punching continuously with stoke the forge on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I had my first serious session playing Destiny last night in nearly 3 months. I put the game on at 8pm intending to play until 9 when I was going to watch a film. Ended up stopping at about 11.45pm.

It is so surprising how much content is in TTK. I finished the story missions and now I'm into what I think people are calling Act II. The strikes have opened up and Patrol on the Dreadnaught. I did three strikes in a row last night. The new one called SABER I think? That was a good one, with new mechanics. Although, the very beginning is tough.

The second was a re-mixed strike against the bullet sponge on Mars. The route to the boss is harder than before with the addition of the Taken but the boss is easier. I like that mix.

The third strike was a new one again set on Venus, Echo Chamber I think? It was tough going to the boss as there was only 2 in the fireteam but a third person joined as we reached the boss. We didn't manage to beat the boss though. Very, very tough.

I started using an Exotic sniper rifle last night called The Hereafter. I'm not sure how effective it is yet but it is one of the best sounding guns in the game.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I went with the solar sword on my titan. It was made easier running around 1 punching continuously with stoke the forge on.

Wait, what? You can use your sword? damn... I was using only my super and grenades!!!! :S

Took me over 1 h to do that

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement