Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

So when do Sherpa runs through KF start? :p I'm probably shooting myself in the foot, but besides seeing a few screenshots of lads in it, and knowing names of mini bosses, I know next to nothing of the raid, mechanics or strategy. I would still like it to be somewhat of a surpise and new.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

PetKing wrote: »
    So when do Sherpa runs through KF start? :p I'm probably shooting myself in the foot, but besides seeing a few screenshots of lads in it, and knowing names of mini bosses, I know next to nothing of the raid, mechanics or strategy. I would still like it to be somewhat of a surpise and new.

Might take a while. Kings Fall has far more involving mechanics than VoG or Crota to the extent that it is a wipe 9/10 if even 1 person goes down, no soloing this raid. The least amount if people I can feasibly see this raid being completed by is 4, and that would be very difficult to get past Golgoroth and his 10 million plus HP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Bohrio wrote: »
    Wait, what? You can use your sword? damn... I was using only my super and grenades!!!! :S

Took me over 1 h to do that

Sorry, no I couldn't use the sword! I was grinding for solar kills, so having Stoke the forge on the sunbreaker meant that the melee instantly recharges when you get a kill with it. 500 poor dregs on archers line didn't know what hit them.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Infusing all the extra armour from my warlock sure as hell makes it easy to get my other characters raid ready, only inconvenient thing is transferring weapons back and forth but the app helps

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

wexdevil wrote: »
    Infusing all the extra armour from my warlock sure as hell makes it easy to get my other characters raid ready, only inconvenient thing is transferring weapons back and forth but the app helps

Try Destiny Item Manager. Its a Chrome plug in that allows you to transfer from character to character without going to the Vault.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

I was hunting for some calcified fragments last night. I picked up the one in the Mausoleum. It's down at the far end on the right, using ghost to light up the platforms. You can follow platforms to the back left. There I found a locked chest guarded by three yellow blind thralls. I could do absolutely no damage to them, what's the deal there? And with these locked chests in general? Do keys drop in CoO?

This video shows what needs to be done for that chest - Link

A list of all currently known fragments - Link

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,273 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

PetKing wrote: »
    I was hunting for some calcified fragments last night. I picked up the one in the Mausoleum. It's down at the far end on the right, using ghost to light up the platforms. You can follow platforms to the back left. There I found a locked chest guarded by three yellow blind thralls. I could do absolutely no damage to them, what's the deal there? And with these locked chests in general? Do keys drop in CoO?

The chest by the thralls is opened by going into a special room near there and waiting until your screen goes green and a timer starts then legging it back over. The one across from them needs a key called key of spawn, I had it drop randomly for me from a give ultra. The chests all just contain calcified fragments I think.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    The chest by the thralls is opened by going into a special room near there and waiting until your screen goes green and a timer starts then legging it back over. The one across from them needs a key called key of spawn, I had it drop randomly for me from a give ultra. The chests all just contain calcified fragments I think.

For the named chests you need a wormsingers rune or to be there when someone else uses one. Pick up the item drop from the ultra that spawns, then kill 50 enemies without dying. This will grant you a key for a random named chest.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,273 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

For the named chests you need a wormsingers rune or to be there when someone else uses one. Pick up the item drop from the ultra that spawns, then kill 50 enemies without dying. This will grant you a key for a random named chest.

Yeah that's how I got it I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

For anyone doing the solar exotic sword quest with a hunter, for the mat farming and solar ability kill part, head to the dark beyond, equip lucky raspberry. Run forward to the stairwell and let the enemy swarm you. Drop a tripmine, suicide, repeat ad nausuem. Use your super with combustion and keyhole. Found each grenade death worth 2-3% a pop. Sped things up significantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Getting 9 at the Court is still more fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

What's the story with the Cheats on the Dreadnaught. They are the unnamed Chests. When I open them they are always empty. I've never found anything in them.

What's the story with the Cheats on the Dreadnaught. They are the unnamed Chests. When I open them they are always empty. I've never found anything in them.

Is your materials inventory full? You should be getting hadium flakes and glimmer. You need those flakes for certain weapon bounties like the sword. They won't drop if you have no space though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Worst part of the new 2.0 light system is having your highest value weapons being the wrong element.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Is your materials inventory full? You should be getting hadium flakes and glimmer. You need those flakes for certain weapon bounties like the sword. They won't drop if you have no space though.

I must check. I know that was the reason that I wasn't getting any Wormspore in my inventory. I thought I'd cleared it out a bit.

Hmv have dropped the 360, PS3 and PS4 copies of the legendary edition down to €60 if anyone is still on the fence for TTK.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Hmv have dropped the 360, PS3 and PS4 copies of the legendary edition down to €60 if anyone is still on the fence for TTK.

But not the XB1? Strange that

ibFoxer wrote: »
    But not the XB1? Strange that

Might be, but I didn't see any XB1 copies in the store on Henry Street so I can't confirm.

Might be, but I didn't see any XB1 copies in the store on Henry Street so I can't confirm.

I should've in limerick in the next hour, will update if there's any copies on the shelf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Have enough leg marks now to buy either red death or the suros. Which one have people found to be better?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Got two exotics from the Daily yesterday with the 3oC, Hereafter and another Invective. Is the Hereafter any good? Blinding flash sounds a bit meh.

Small disparity in pricing here, HMV Crescent.

EDIT: Accurately priced. Sigh. Pay more for less content in HMV. (NOT a dig at PS4)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Got two exotics from the Daily yesterday with the 3oC, Hereafter and another Invective. Is the Hereafter any good? Blinding flash sounds a bit meh.

The Perfectionist and Hereafter perks make it worth having imo. Blinding Light isn't great. It hardly ever procs for me.

There's a hidden perk too where it highlights weakened enemies but it's a bit useless

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Small disparity in pricing here, HMV Crescent.

That's mad. But hmv never seem to be on the ball when it comes to anything beyond cds and DVD box sets

That's mad. But hmv never seem to be on the ball when it comes to anything beyond cds and DVD box sets

Yep. It's maddening really, as per my edit, less content and pay more.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Yep. It's maddening really, as per my edit, less content and pay more.

Doesn't make any sense?

Is it because its the "less popular" console?

Bullsh1t if that's what they base their pricing on...

Fieldog wrote: »
    Doesn't make any sense?

Is it because its the "less popular" console?

Bullsh1t if that's what they base their pricing on...

I have no idea, I could get no explanation other than "that's the price as per head office"

Tempted to get onto them on Facebook or Twitter or whatever and get a few questions out.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

It's listed as €59.99 on their site, and written underneath is 'New Price - €74.99, Save €15)

Save €15? The thieving scumbags!

http://www.hmv.ie/Destiny-The-Taken-King/movies-games-entertainment/pd/116390?path=Category__Games__Xbox-One

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Guys one tip for those of you doing the exotic sword quest.

I learnt the hard way that you can complete them all at the same time with one character (well not complete them but trigger the 3rd part of the quest after you completed the crucible kills and the kill the sword fella part). I already had it on my hunter (solar), so I decided to do my arc one on my titan (there is a part of the bounty were you have to get ability kills and arc kills are easy with the titan), anyway so I completed the crucible part, kills your man ecther or whatever and when I went back to Lord Shaxx to trigger the next step of the quest I realized I got 2 quests at the same time, one for my arc sword and another one for my void one. I probably got my void one with my Titan and as I was using the arc sword to complete the bounty I must have triggered that quest as well.

So now I have to do both quests with my titan (the void one is going to be a long one) but if you are planning on getting all 3 swords you might as well do the same, just chose the warlock preferable if you are going to do all 3 of them and not the Titan!!!

There is also a chance that the last part of the quest (kill the darklord fella) can be done at the same time! I will report back as soon possible

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement