Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Must make an honest attempt at the CF's with my warlock only. Is Touch Of Malice any good can anyone tell me? Or just good to get out of the way??

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

Nightfall is Undying Mind with Epic, Solar, Juggler, Catapult and Fresh Troops.

Meridian Bay, Black Garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Big thanks to the bag, gerard, cable, manad and I suppose foxer :pac:

Oryx went a lot smoother than I was expecting and the less said about a certain bubble placement the better....!

Beat me to it- also thanks to the above mentioned & Ferrigan. Have to say it was an absolute pleasure, fierce laid back. Thoroughly enjoyed the court after too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭thegame983

Lads - how difficult is Court of Oryx tiers 2 and 3? And what kinda rewards are people getting?

Just wondering because I think that's my next step before I hit the raid

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

thegame983 wrote: »
    Lads - how difficult is Court of Oryx tiers 2 and 3? And what kinda rewards are people getting?

Dya know, if you can jimmy it so you get 6 into the instance it's not too bad. Apart from a few deaths I thought we pretty much minced it last night. It's a lot of fun too.

• Advertisement

thegame983 wrote: »

It depends on the numbers. We struggled to clear the mobs and take down the wizards in time to get enough damage on Crota with 3 or 4 people but it was straightforward enough with the full 9. We waited for randoms to appear then befriended them and joined their session, inviting clan members in to crash the party.

With 9 people feeding runes it was non-stop drops.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,273 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

We couldn't beat him when there was 8 or us the other night, then yesterday I was patrolling on my own and there happened to be two randoms at the court, chanced my arm with antiquated rune and we downed him in under two minutes. It's a funny old game sometimes.

Anyone had a chance to try the one this week yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

If you use an antiquated rune and it looks like you're not going to make it just let the mission die and let the mission fail. You don't lose the rune - or at least it worked over the weekend.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,273 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

gimli2112 wrote: »
    If you use an antiquated rune and it looks like you're not going to make it just let the mission die and let the mission fail. You don't lose the rune - or at least it worked over the weekend.

You don't lose the rune anyway, you only lose runes if you beat the boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Mickeroo wrote: »
    We couldn't beat him when there was 8 or us the other night, then yesterday I was patrolling on my own and there happened to be two randoms at the court, chanced my arm with antiquated rune and we downed him in under two minutes. It's a funny old game sometimes.

Funny ... I managed it last night with those randoms when you and Itchy were trying at the same time. Still think ye should have jumped in with me ... those guys last night knew what they were at.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Baby Crota ? Myself Mark and Soulzeee did it last night. Wasn't to bad.

Funny ... I managed it last night with those randoms when you and Itchy were trying at the same time. Still think ye should have jumped in with me ... those guys last night knew what they were at.

Itchy beat it last night after I got there too, that was the last CF he needed for Touch of Malice. I'm one short now myself so priority will be beating the new one when I get home.

Itchy beat it last night after I got there too, that was the last CF he needed for Touch of Malice. I'm one short now myself so priority will be beating the new one when I get home.

Give me a shout if you want a hand Mick - I'll be on around 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭thebag89

Just did this weeks one, believe it or not its more difficult than baby Crota.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

CDBWhoop wrote: »
    Nightfall is Undying Mind with Epic, Solar, Juggler, Catapult and Fresh Troops.

Meridian Bay, Black Garden.

Except for the questline is Nightfall really worth the bother anymore. No Radiant Light (Ghost can boost Vanguard but only exotic class will boost faction) & no 500 rep points. Also wih 3oC and strike rollover you get better rewards.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,851 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Except for the questline is Nightfall really worth the bother anymore. No Radiant Light (Ghost can boost Vanguard but only exotic class will boost faction) & no 500 rep points. Also wih 3oC and strike rollover you get better rewards.
    I got a legenday class item, of a lower light level than the one I have, for my efforts this morning.

Fcuk that.

I got a legenday class item, of a lower light level than the one I have, for my efforts this morning.

Fcuk that.

Yeah ... can't really see the point of the NF anymore. My first week gave me 5 motes of light. I mean ... FFS. Last week gave me 3 strange coins (even after I'd popped a 3oC). I ran it again to help out two others (after I'd got the drop) and got a legendary engram that converted to a 300 light sniper ... but that was random rather than NF loot.

Can't really be bothered doing them if the rewards are going to be that shocking. I've had more luck with 3oC on vanguard heroics!

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Got another fragment from this weeks t3 in court of oryx, its a fairly easy fight too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I'm still confused by the Court of Oryx. The game has not explained it at all yet.

I know it is on the Dreadnaught but I have not come across it at all. Is there something you need to do to unlock access?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I'm still confused by the Court of Oryx. The game has not explained it at all yet.

I know it is on the Dreadnaught but I have not come across it at all. Is there something you need to do to unlock access?

When you spawn in the dreadnaught go right and follow the passageway until you reach an area called Hall of Souls, directly ahead you'll see the court out on it's own.

The hall leading to it is lined with statues, at the statues you need to present a rune to trigger the court. There are three types of rune:

Reciprocal - Easy
    Stolen - Medium
    Antiquated - Hard (300 light)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I feel like I'm stuck at light 285 for the last week with no move in sight, I'm not logging mega time, but I'll generally do the daily heroic, the PvP of the day and the strike once a week. Any tips to bump it on again?

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Nice one, I had a purple decrypt into an exotic chest at 310(alchemists rainment)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Anyone tackling a raid after the football?

The Nightfall is straightforward enough this week with solar burn active but rewards have been poor enough alright. Strange coins all round for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,461 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

So the database have yr. 2 variants of armor items, such as Lucky Raspberry and the Bones of Eao. Why are these not reflected in the exotic blueprints?

So the database have yr. 2 variants of armor items, such as Lucky Raspberry and the Bones of Eao. Why are these not reflected in the exotic blueprints?

They did say that some exotics will come back over time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

The game is terrible at explaining anything tbh. Here's some info on how it works - http://www.polygon.com/2015/9/2/9248793/destiny-the-taken-king-court-of-oryx-mode.

• Advertisement

Finally, Oryx is beat, and I am 301.
    Harroo.
    Cheers lads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement