Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,461 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Anyone for the exotic sword quest tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Anyone for the exotic sword quest tomorrow?

what part of the quest?

I need to run the last part (kill the darklord guy) twice to get my 3 exotic swords... I will be doing it today at some point, at least on 1 of them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Except for the questline is Nightfall really worth the bother anymore. No Radiant Light (Ghost can boost Vanguard but only exotic class will boost faction) & no 500 rep points. Also wih 3oC and strike rollover you get better rewards.

I think it is. There is a chance of an exotic. As a tip, make sure that when you run the nightfall you are 300+, so if an exotic drops there is a chance of being 310.

I got a 310 TLW and 310 titan helmet from the nightfall this week. Worth it for me but the previous too all I got were coins

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Big thanx to noobzeeker for the hand last night in gettting to the daughters, had some mental craic with the lads (thats what its all about....well that and the hokey cokey!!!) have to say I really love the raid but the lack of drops has been nothing short of appalling to be honest. Have done up to Golgolrath 4 times and have got nothing but 1 sniper rifle. Up to the daughters last night and nothing at all in the whole raid not even decent blue engram ffs.....would put you off tbh.

If it continues like this I would be very hard pushed doing them all that graft for no reward.....??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Big thanx to noobzeeker for the hand last night in gettting to the daughters, had some mental craic with the lads (thats what its all about....well that and the hokey cokey!!!) have to say I really love the raid but the lack of drops has been nothing short of appalling to be honest. Have done up to Golgolrath 4 times and have got nothing but 1 sniper rifle. Up to the daughters last night and nothing at all in the whole raid not even decent blue engram ffs.....would put you off tbh.

If it continues like this I would be very hard pushed doing them all that graft for no reward.....??

Best crack iv had in ages.

Pretty disappointed with the drops myself.

Only shards and a ghost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

We'll knock out a quick raid they said.
    It'll be grand they said...

Cheers to Ger, Mick, Itchy, Cable & co for the raid last night. Didn't think we were going to nail it at all but then our last run went clean enough.

302 light level now. The grind continues.

Quote of the night "I'll just pop a synth there ... wait for it" (calamity ensued...)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

well, finally got out of my 285 rut, thanks to the lads for the invite to the raid last night, ferrigan , foxer, emmet, swampdonkey and anthony, apologies to emmet for being all over the shop at the first part, I was like a blind man in an orgy, feeling my way round :) i got a nice 305 kingslayer ghost and a 306 defiance of yasmin sniper for my troubles.

after beating the warpriest at about 11:30pm, I enquired how much was left till the next checkpoint "about 15 minutes" i believe was the estimate given.....

so anyway, i got to bed at 1:30 after the golgoroth takedown and journey beyond the dildo wall.....

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,273 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

We'll knock out a quick raid they said.
    It'll be grand they said...

Cheers to Ger, Mick, Itchy, Cable & co for the raid last night. Didn't think we were going to nail it at all but then our last run went clean enough.

302 light level now. The grind continues.

Quote of the night "I'll just pop a synth there ... wait for it" (calamity ensued...)

Tonight will be the quick one :P

Looks like Lost to Light is the daily again so folks will have another chance to grab the Black Spindle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

Question for you all.

I have the regular destiny and am thinking of getting the taken king legendary package.

Is it worth it?

I was playing for a good while on regular destiny and could never get up beyond level 26.

I see some players are like level 40 and couldn't figure it out, and any of the good events were level advantageous/

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Mickeroo wrote: »

Looks like Lost to Light is the daily again so folks will have another chance to grab the Black Spindle.

Is this still dropping at 310 - if so, might be our last chance before it is hotfixed?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,273 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

nevelator wrote: »
    Is this still dropping at 310 - if so, might be our last chance before it is hotfixed?

For now yes but there's a patch coming today some time according to twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

allibastor wrote: »
    Question for you all.

I have the regular destiny and am thinking of getting the taken king legendary package.

Is it worth it?

I was playing for a good while on regular destiny and could never get up beyond level 26.

I see some players are like level 40 and couldn't figure it out, and any of the good events were level advantageous/

If you enjoyed vanilla Destiny, then yes, get The Taken King Legendary. Bonus: Sell your vanilla copy, make some money back. (If it's physical that is).

The game has changed so much in the last year, and TTK content, including the revamped leveling system, is a massive improvement. The "Story" now flows more fluidly from quest to quest. At level 26, you can jump straight in to TTK story content. The whole experience is just much more enjoyable.

The new Raid is nothing short of immense (says the one who hasn't gotten past Golgoroth's maze, not even up to the big dude himself).

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭thegame983

How do you get the rune for tier three Court of Oryx? Is it a raid drop?

I jumped in with some randomers who were doing tier three last night and got a 300 light relic witch was pretty sweet. Wouldn't mind the full sack full of loot though from having a rune of my own

thegame983 wrote: »
    How do you get the rune for tier three Court of Oryx? Is it a raid drop?

I jumped in with some randomers who were doing tier three last night and got a 300 light relic witch was pretty sweet. Wouldn't mind the full sack full of loot though from having a rune of my own

They drop from the tier two bosses a fair bit, I've gotten them from quests for Eris too and as random drops in the raid.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Question for you all.

Is it worth it?

I basically spent €20 on three new dance moves so am not the person to ask. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

gimli2112 wrote: »

:eek:

Me too.

:o

Question for you all.

Is it worth it?

Hard to know really, if you have no interest in raids and the like then I would say it's not worth it, you'll get frustrated like you did with the base game and probably hit a brick wall when you get to about 290 light level (if that). Levelling system is much the same as it was before, 40 is like 20 was, essentially meaningless. Armour, ghost, class items and weapons are what decide your actual level in terms of what content you'll be able to do, you'll still be grinding for better gear.

However, if you're willing to get involved in the community side of things and get more into the co-op/raid stuff and the grind then it's definitely worth it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

:eek:

Me too.

:o

And to think the Destiny community was up in arms when Luke Smith said you'd be throwing money at the screen.

hqdefault.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

I have been mulling over whether or not to buy these. Is it really worth it, will I feel like MC Hammer when I bust out the moves?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

PlainP wrote: »
    I have been mulling over whether or not to buy these. Is it really worth it, will I feel like MC Hammer when I bust out the moves?

Honestly, everytime my Titan busts out hammertime I just think "Totally worth it"
    I've sunk so much time into this and TTK has really blown me away so I can overlook the price tag, in the circumstances, it's still been terrific value for money overall.

• Advertisement

Honestly, everytime my Titan busts out hammertime I just think "Totally worth it"
    I've sunk so much time into this and TTK has really blown me away so I can overlook the price tag, in the circumstances, it's still been terrific value for money overall.

Its a bit scabby looking for 20 euros for it IMO.
    TTK is a great expansion, the amount of improvements / additions has far exceeded my expectations, and it was worth every penny, but I really feel they should have given those emotes as part of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

well, finally got out of my 285 rut, thanks to the lads for the invite to the raid last night, ferrigan , foxer, emmet, swampdonkey and anthony, apologies to emmet for being all over the shop at the first part, I was like a blind man in an orgy, feeling my way round :) i got a nice 305 kingslayer ghost and a 306 defiance of yasmin sniper for my troubles.

after beating the warpriest at about 11:30pm, I enquired how much was left till the next checkpoint "about 15 minutes" i believe was the estimate given.....

so anyway, i got to bed at 1:30 after the golgoroth takedown and journey beyond the dildo wall.....

Apologies for the poor time estimate.....I, am, didn't want you to miss out :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Mickeroo wrote: »
    For now yes but there's a patch coming today some time according to twitter.

Can't see this on Twitter, any link?

ibFoxer wrote: »
    Can't see this on Twitter, any link?

Doesn't mention Black Spindle but that's surely what it is.

https://twitter.com/BungieHelp/status/649040569021239296

• Registered Users Posts: 10,461 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Bohrio wrote: »
    what part of the quest?

I need to run the last part (kill the darklord guy) twice to get my 3 exotic swords... I will be doing it today at some point, at least on 1 of them

Yea, I need to do the last part.

ibFoxer wrote: »
    Apologies for the poor time estimate.....I, am, didn't want you to miss out :P

I was a more than willing participant, it was more for the benefit of my wife who was patiently waiting behind me :D

would have loved to have thrown caution to the wind and battled away as far as possible, but work would be unbearable today.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,851 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Looking to do a fresh raid tonight - bringing my Warlock to the party - who else is running again tonight?

Got through everything up to Oryx without much issue last night (although i spent a LONG time on that jumping section....). Think most were new to Oryx last night (apart from Sniper and Bohrio) so there was a lot of learning to be done but I actually think it went quite well, a few unfortunate wipes due to timing and dying in the alternate dimension and being unrevivable as a result). Think I have my part of that section down now so i've no real worries about that fight anymore.

Should be on again tonight around 8pm or so - I think Generic/Cormac said he was going for a fresh run tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭thegame983

Regarding the black spindel quest. Any tips from people who got it? What class to use etc.

I'll be on tonight if anyone is up for it. I've joined the clan, but haven't added anyone yet.

Question: can you add friends/ delete friends on PSN from your pc? Doing it on the console will take an age.

If anyone in the clan get a friend request from 'thegame983' tonight, don't worry, it's only me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

The best money per hour since Gran Turismo 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,851 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

If it is still available tonight I will give it a run.

My plan is this:

Warlock with self res.

Run in and continiously twat the boss guy with my sword til I die. Self-Res. Continiously twat the guy with y sword til I die. Res on timer and repeat again (hopefully killing him). I reckon if I can get one or both of the other players doing the same we should take him down fairly quick. Then concentrate on clearing the ads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement