Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,273 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

If it is still available tonight I will give it a run.

My plan is this:

Warlock with self res.

Run in and continiously twat the boss guy with my sword til I die. Self-Res. Continiously twat the guy with y sword til I die. Res on timer and repeat again (hopefully killing him). I reckon if I can get one or both of the other players doing the same we should take him down fairly quick. Then concentrate on clearing the ads.

Lots of people using that strat apparently, works better with a titan bubble around you too to keep the ads fire off you.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,851 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Lots of people using that strat apparently, works better with a titan bubble around you too to keep the ads fire off you.

So tonight I am looking for a self res warlock and a defender titan (or two self-res warlocks and I will go defender titan...)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

I was a more than willing participant, it was more for the benefit of my wife who was patiently waiting behind me :D

would have loved to have thrown caution to the wind and battled away as far as possible, but work would be unbearable today.

I think we'll be looking to finish it tonight if you're around? And if we can get a fireteam together.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

thegame983 wrote: »
    Question: can you add friends/ delete friends on PSN from your pc? Doing it on the console will take an age.

If anyone in the clan get a friend request from 'thegame983' tonight, don't worry, it's only me

PlayStation mobile app is your friend. A little quicker to add and delete people, you don't need to wait till your in front of the console.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Anybody trying for the black spindle on ps4?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I think we'll be looking to finish it tonight if you're around? And if we can get a fireteam together.

Yup, it'll depend on what's going on at home, but I'll fire you a message on smartglass at around 7 to let you know if I'm available.

Hit 292 last night. Hopefully on tonight (half 10ish) if any looking for fresh run. Only got as far as the maze last week, then had to bail (bloody kids). So, have no practical experience beyond WarPriest (And falling to my death numerous times at both jumpy puzzles, though I did have some wonderful encouragement from Wonda). Would like to get the Exotic chest in the maze and take out Golgoroth, and chekpoint from there another night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Hit 292 last night. Hopefully on tonight (half 10ish) if any looking for fresh run. Only got as far as the maze last week, then had to bail (bloody kids). So, have no practical experience beyond WarPriest (And falling to my death numerous times at both jumpy puzzles, though I did have some wonderful encouragement from Wonda). Would like to get the Exotic chest in the maze and take out Golgoroth, and chekpoint from there another night.

I might tag along for the fresh raid. I've yet to tackle it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

I was a more than willing participant, it was more for the benefit of my wife who was patiently waiting behind me :D

would have loved to have thrown caution to the wind and battled away as far as possible, but work would be unbearable today.

We will be knocking around later if you want to finish it.

ibFoxer wrote: »
    We will be knocking around later if you want to finish it.

I'm definitely up for it, but have a fair few things going on this evening, I'll know whats happening by 7 ish anyway, so if I cant make it, i'll send ye a message so that ye can canvas for a replacement in plenty time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Will be running a fresh raid tonight sol, so hit me up. Chance I might be finishing last night's but if not deffo run one with the usual comedians!!!!

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Will be running a fresh raid tonight sol, so hit me up. Chance I might be finishing last night's but if not deffo run one with the usual comedians!!!!

Nice. Need to practice my jumps

• Registered Users Posts: 7,602 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Nice. Need to practice my jumps

Indeed, maybe they should have called this raid Guardian Fall seeing as there are 3 jump puzzles, the pitfalls in Golgoroths Cellar, the jump for the second relic at the start, then the widely spaced jumps for the spark runner at the Daughters and Oryx :pac:.

Indeed, maybe they should have called this raid Guardian Fall seeing as there are 3 jump puzzles, the pitfalls in Golgoroths Cellar, the jump for the second relic at the start, then the widely spaced jumps for the spark runner at the Daughters and Oryx :pac:.

VoG on Steroids

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I'd be up for raid tonight if there's space on a fresh run. Finished Warpriest last time but missed out on Exotic Chest checkpoint.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

im gonna set up a raid now if anyone wants to jump in on Xbox. Vialli101 is my GT

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I can kill a God/King but not a Heroic Taken Captain :mad:

Black Spindle can go f**k off as far as I'm concerned for now

• Registered Users Posts: 10,461 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Does anyone else need to do the Sunless cell strike to finish the exotic sword quest?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Cormac... wrote: »
    I can kill a God/King but not a Heroic Taken Captain :mad:

Black Spindle can go f**k off as far as I'm concerned for now

Stressful day in work yesterday. Put on Destiny to relax, joined party chat & there were two teams going for it. 5 of 6 of them already had it. The screaming and roaring was unreal. Stress levels rising? One guy left. "Gim, ya want to jump in" "Ehm no thanks!"

I did go in for one run actually - son and father team at each other's throats. Gave it one go and nowhere near. Just don't have the right gear at the minute. Actually don't believe it's that hard once you have the equipment/light level.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Stupid question lads. Do I dismantle field test weapons once I've completed them, and gotten the rep?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Does anyone else need to do the Sunless cell strike to finish the exotic sword quest?

Working on guardian kills with the hilt of my sword. Figured mayhem clash would be fun. It's not.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

PetKing wrote: »
    Stupid question lads. Do I dismantle field test weapons once I've completed them, and gotten the rep?

yup

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Have other people felt they have hit a bit of a wall around light level 287. I feel like i have been at this level all week and nothing is dropping that i can infuse or higher gear than I have and not getting anything decent from engrams despite decryptiung them at highest level. Any sure fire way to proceed. I havnt finished all the quests yet either, would finishing these be the best course of action

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,273 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Have other people felt they have hit a bit of a wall around light level 287. I feel like i have been at this level all week and nothing is dropping that i can infuse or higher gear than I have and not getting anything decent from engrams despite decryptiung them at highest level. Any sure fire way to proceed. I havnt finished all the quests yet either, would finishing these be the best course of action

Some of the quests will give you 300/3000+ gear at the end. You should also try and get into a raid group, you're high enough light level for most of it now. Court of Oryx also drops a lot of engrams and the associated quests will get you a 300 light artefact. Also use any exotics you don't want to infuse your gear up to 290.

yup, I had exactly that at 285. I got two lucky drops in the raid (my first time through it) that got me to 290 straight away, so that might be your best bet. I'd tried farming strikes and court of oryx but i was consistently getting gear that was 265 or mid 270's. So maybe try your luck there?

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭thegame983

Luck of the draw. Hang out at Court of Oryx. I got a 300 light artifact from just jumping into someone else's tier 3

Or do the raid, but I haven't done that yet

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

If you're doing the Court of Oryx keep the three of coin consumable active.

CDBWhoop wrote: »
    If you're doing the Court of Oryx keep the three of coin consumable active.

It only gets used on the tier 3 bosses as far as I can see, had one active the last day. Unless I wasn't close enough for the kill to count or something on the lower ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭thegame983

Mickeroo wrote: »
    It only gets used on the tier 3 bosses as far as I can see, had one active the last day. Unless I wasn't close enough for the kill to count or something on the lower ones.

Have people had any joy using the three of coins in the Court? I'd be a bit wary just because you can kill those tier one bossess in a matter of seconds and I thought the nerfed the three of coins so you couldn't just farm bossess in quick succession like that.

• Advertisement

thegame983 wrote: »
    Have people had any joy using the three of coins in the Court? I'd be a bit wary just because you can kill those tier one bossess in a matter of seconds and I thought the nerfed the three of coins so you couldn't just farm bossess in quick succession like that.

I got an exotic engram out of the tier 3 boss, the tier 1 & 2 didn't use up the three of coins. Yeah, you wouldn't want to go popping them one after the other though, would be a waste I think what with the nerf.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement