Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

I see the gunsmith quest for The First Curse is now active and pops at rank 5. Anyone got the quest yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

I don't understand how people have made it to Gunsmith rank 5 already. I should have my Warlock at rank 4 once I do the gun tests this weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

Wanted to ask about the gunsmith as well. I have the armsday package just sitting in my inventory. Do I get a gun for it or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

PlainP wrote: »
    Wanted to ask about the gunsmith as well. I have the armsday package just sitting in my inventory. Do I get a gun for it or something?

Yep. Just head on over to him, and he'll offer you a choice of two weapons for your package. Each one has different stats, so choose which one you feel is best.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

I don't understand how people have made it to Gunsmith rank 5 already. I should have my Warlock at rank 4 once I do the gun tests this weekend.

To make Rank 5 early you needed to complete the first gunsmith tests with the old Nightfall bonus active as far as I know.

• Advertisement

Yep. Just head on over to him, and he'll offer you a choice of two weapons for your package. Each one has different stats, so choose which one you feel is best.

Are they just the green guns at the top? The package is legendary purple and I picked the suros auto but he didn't have any puple guns to pick from. Am I receiving these through the test guns I've completed? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

PlainP wrote: »
    Are they just the green guns at the top? The package is legendary purple and I picked the suros auto but he didn't have any puple guns to pick from. Am I receiving these through the test guns I've completed? Thanks.

When your package/s (naughty) is/are ready for collection, when you talk to him, you will see a number of legendary packages at the bottom of his item list. You will have the option to choose 1 of 2 from each package that you hold.

Now, if you've only just picked a package this week, you will have to wait until the next Armsday (Wednesday Reset) to actually collect your weapon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

yup, I had exactly that at 285. I got two lucky drops in the raid (my first time through it) that got me to 290 straight away, so that might be your best bet. I'd tried farming strikes and court of oryx but i was consistently getting gear that was 265 or mid 270's. So maybe try your luck there?

Thanks for all the advice guys. Might do the quests and CoO this weekend for a start and see how I get on and maybe attempt the raid next weekend

CDBWhoop wrote: »
    To make Rank 5 early you needed to complete the first gunsmith tests with the old Nightfall bonus active as far as I know.

I definitely did that in the first week when the old Nightfall bonus was available. I hit rank 1 before TTK came out and I'm pretty sure I've done all of the available gun tests each week. Ah, not to worry......... we'll get there eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I definitely did that in the first week when the old Nightfall bonus was available. I hit rank 1 before TTK came out and I'm pretty sure I've done all of the available gun tests each week. Ah, not to worry......... we'll get there eventually.

You also get rep for handing in the fusion rifles you find lying around. Four for each character so maybe he transfered them all to one character ?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,273 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

CDBWhoop wrote: »

I did that, as well as handing in those 4 fusion rifle relic things and the entire crucible questline which involved a portion with gunsmith rep. I'm still short of rank 5. There doesn't seem to be any clear answer on how folks who got to rank actually managed to do so either.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I did that, as well as handing in those 4 fusion rifle relic things and the entire crucible questline which involved a portion with gunsmith rep. I'm still short of rank 5. There doesn't seem to be any clear answer on how folks who got to rank actually managed to do so either.

I saw it mentioned on reddit that there was some sort of a reset around the launch of TTK where some players managed to do the gunsmith bounties in the morning, and then do them again after the reset - eseentially giving them a weeks head start on everyone else.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,273 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I saw it mentioned on reddit that there was some sort of a reset around the launch of TTK where some players managed to do the gunsmith bounties in the morning, and then do them again after the reset - eseentially giving them a weeks head start on everyone else.

I thought I did those too, maybe I didn't finish them all since they were only there for a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

It was mentioned briefly in an article by Paul Tassi on the sleeper simulant, a hidden heavy fusion rifle.
    Well, today was the first time anyone was able to hit rank 5 with the Gunsmith (those who did two quick gun runs for him ahead of TTK launch with the Nightfall buff) and while there is a quest that triggers then, it’s for a different gun, The First Curse, a new companion to the hand cannon, The Last Word. I suppose it’s too much to hope that we could dual-wield them.

Forbes Article

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Lads, this is a bit of a funny one but there's no harm in asking- one of the lads that Ferrigan and myself play with yesterday is stuck on oryx, swampdonkey, I'm certain that he's played with a few of the lads. Anyway, he's missed oryx twice now and won't get back on for a night run until next week. I'm hoping to recruit for a morning run tomorrow or Sunday if anyone is willing and able to give a hand? Probably looking for 2-3 depending on who's on.

Understandably with work commitments and what not it's a big ask but i just said I'd fire it up and see how we go.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

ibFoxer wrote: »
    Lads, this is a bit of a funny one but there's no harm in asking- one of the lads that Ferrigan and myself play with yesterday is stuck on oryx, swampdonkey, I'm certain that he's played with a few of the lads. Anyway, he's missed oryx twice now and won't get back on for a night run until next week. I'm hoping to recruit for a morning run tomorrow or Sunday if anyone is willing and able to give a hand? Probably looking for 2-3 depending on who's on.

Understandably with work commitments and what not it's a big ask but i just said I'd fire it up and see how we go.

what time sunday?

I still have my checkpoint from the other night for as far as we got. I can make myself available if I've a bit of notice / goodwill built up.

I'll be on tomorrow. I'm off work.

When your package/s (naughty) is/are ready for collection, when you talk to him, you will see a number of legendary packages at the bottom of his item list. You will have the option to choose 1 of 2 from each package that you hold.

Now, if you've only just picked a package this week, you will have to wait until the next Armsday (Wednesday Reset) to actually collect your weapon.

I had a package last week and never got any gun this week for it. I then picked another package for this week. Hopefully something will be there for me next week....

emmetkenny wrote: »
    You also get rep for handing in the fusion rifles you find lying around. Four for each character so maybe he transfered them all to one character ?

Yup! Got all 4 of them on my Warlock, and I did the gunsmith quest for the Tlaloc scout rifle also.

Yup! Got all 4 of them on my Warlock, and I did the gunsmith quest for the Tlaloc scout rifle also.

I meant the fusions you turn into the gunsmith for Rep.

I did all the guns each week on my titan and both quests and I'm sitting at a quarter ways up on rank four.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,459 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

PetKing wrote: »
    Working on guardian kills with the hilt of my sword. Figured mayhem clash would be fun. It's not.

If Zone control is up, give that a shot. A lot of the new maps like Sector 618 are good for the quest. Lots of tight corners you can hide behind.

Can't tomorrow, but if I'm on Sunday morning and you're short a player, I'll lend a hand.
    emmetkenny wrote:
    I meant the fusions you turn into the gunsmith for Rep.

I did all the guns each week on my titan and both quests and I'm sitting at a quarter ways up on rank four.

Yeah, I know the ones you mean. I'm pretty sure I found 4 of them and handed them in for rep. Is there another quest at Gunsmith rank 4.

I like the look of The First Curse. I still have not started The Last Word part of the Chaperone bounty. Looks like they have a similar quest step where you have to play consistently well in Crucible. Hoping to knock both of them out at the same time.

Can't tomorrow, but if I'm on Sunday morning and you're short a player, I'll lend a hand.

Yeah, I know the ones you mean. I'm pretty sure I found 4 of them and handed them in for rep. Is there another quest at Gunsmith rank 4.

I like the look of The First Curse. I still have not started The Last Word part of the Chaperone bounty. Looks like they have a similar quest step where you have to play consistently well in Crucible. Hoping to knock both of them out at the same time.

No quest at rank 4 no, all I got was a legendary package like you do with the factions. I'm currently 540 rep off rank 5 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,850 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Love the look of the First Curse - but needing to get multiple headshot sprees in crucible will probably leave it out of my grasp forever.

Love the look of the First Curse - but needing to get multiple headshot sprees in crucible will probably leave it out of my grasp forever.

The way it reads makes it sound like you only need one precision kill spree though.

The way it reads makes it sound like you only need one precision kill spree though.

Would be shocked if I have ever got one!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Is that just a bullseye medal (3 headshots without dying)? They aren't too bad, sure the old Iron Banner bounty was to get 5 of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,602 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

AdamD wrote: »
    Is that just a bullseye medal (3 headshots without dying)? They aren't too bad, sure the old Iron Banner bounty was to get 5 of them.

Yup, thats the one. Depending on the match it can be pretty easy or pretty difficult. Just need to make sure you stay out of situations where you are outnumbered.

Would be shocked if I have ever got one!

You've 77 across your 3 characters actually.

• Advertisement

You've 77 across your 3 characters actually.

wow... i'm honestly shocked at that! Must be the messenger and pulse rifles in general cause I certainly don't feel like I ever get more than two headshots in a row. Staying alive for a spree (of any kind) is unusual enough for me half the time!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement