Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,850 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

See Bungie are close to making a proper gear/vault management feature on the website:

http://imgur.com/a/xm4St

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3n1v7t/bungienet_now_has_a_gear_manager/

A brief look at the pictures has it looking very impressive, imo. Look forward to its public release (I don't have an invite on Bungie.net for me)

EDIT: Unfortunately it doesn't show a possibility of creating a loadout or specific set of gear that you can quickly select for a give character, which is a fairly basic loss imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

See Bungie are close to making a proper gear/vault management feature on the website:

http://imgur.com/a/xm4St

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3n1v7t/bungienet_now_has_a_gear_manager/

A brief look at the pictures has it looking very impressive, imo. Look forward to its public release (I don't have an invite on Bungie.net for me)

EDIT: Unfortunately it doesn't show a possibility of creating a loadout or specific set of gear that you can quickly select for a give character, which is a fairly basic loss imo.

Possible to embed the pics here, as work network refuses access to file sharing sites. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

what time sunday?

I still have my checkpoint from the other night for as far as we got. I can make myself available if I've a bit of notice / goodwill built up.

I'd imagine shortly after reset is a good time to aim for. Will know more closer to though

• Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

wow... i'm honestly shocked at that! Must be the messenger and pulse rifles in general cause I certainly don't feel like I ever get more than two headshots in a row. Staying alive for a spree (of any kind) is unusual enough for me half the time!
    Yup, thats the one. Depending on the match it can be pretty easy or pretty difficult. Just need to make sure you stay out of situations where you are outnumbered.

Yeah you'd be surprised, most people will have 30-50% of their kills with primaries as headshots. And if you're concentrating on that bounty it'll be even higher

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Any advice on killing the taken champion in the rocket yard?

Cant feckin kill him

• Advertisement

Rossi IRL wrote: »

Cant feckin kill him

You need a few people for that - I'll be on later and can help with it. Very doable with three people, can be a pain with two and impossible (for most) on your own.

As I say, I'll be on from about 8 or so and if I'm not raiding I can help out. I'm sure someone else could hop in for the 10 mins or so too.

You need a few people for that - I'll be on later and can help with it. Very doable with three people, can be a pain with two and impossible (for most) on your own.

As I say, I'll be on from about 8 or so and if I'm not raiding I can help out. I'm sure someone else could hop in for the 10 mins or so too.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,602 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I can help too, need to do that on my warlock anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Rossi IRL wrote: »

Cant feckin kill him

Ahh yeah Rossi I give ya a hand too m8 if you have not got it done.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Nelhenna

Any advice on this much appreciated. Friend logged on (Xbox One) and seems all his Destiny characters have gone. Checked Destiny Tracker for him but his gamer tag is showing nothing, and that it's " an invalid username" Anyone come across this? He thinks he may have been hacked?

• Advertisement

Nelhenna wrote: »
    Any advice on this much appreciated. Friend logged on (Xbox One) and seems all his Destiny characters have gone. Checked Destiny Tracker for him but his gamer tag is showing nothing, and that it's " an invalid username" Anyone come across this? He thinks he may have been hacked?

can onlu suggest gettign on to bungie about it- I don't think it is possible to completely delete a character like that (could delete alternates on an account but not a full profile - i think). Could be an issue on bungies end in syncing up with his character.

Got that champ killed lads, thanks anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Nelhenna wrote: »

Get him to log into Bungie.Net and see what shows up there.

Is he a regular player or only getting back into it now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Anybody online? Can't seem to get on here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Mickeroo wrote: »
    You've 77 across your 3 characters actually.

Where can you see the Medals you have earned?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

ibFoxer wrote: »
    Anybody online? Can't seem to get on here

Live is down.

Live is down.

I'm playing destiny now. Dale did get kicked though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

emmetkenny wrote: »

Sign in core is ****ed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Sign in core is ****ed.

Same, was on but got kicked. Can't sign into live now. Boo urns.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

emmetkenny wrote: »

Limited service ... I got kicked from live playing with Mick and Itchy. Party chat wasn't working though

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,273 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Limited service ... I got kicked from live playing with Mick and Itchy. Party chat wasn't working though

Me and Itchy were still in a party for ages even though my console didn't think it was connected to the internet! Seems to be gone altogether now though.

That's strange. I was able to go to all the destinations and the party was working fine. Jumped off now anyway but back tomorrow to try finish the raid from after the Warpriest on my Warlock.

Iron Banner is back on the 13th, and Trials is back on the 16th.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I'm confused are the dailies now per account rather than per character.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Varik wrote: »

Yes, story and crucible per account. You can do 3 heroic strikes a week and get 10 marks per strike total on any character but you get one legendary engram per character. Nightfall is once per character.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,273 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Varik wrote: »

Yeah afraid so

Delighted to hear trials is back so soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

• Trials gear will now drop exclusively as end-of-match rewards for winning teams.
    • The more you win, the better those drops will be!
    • There’s no need to return to Brother Vance, all rewards come directly to you.
    • Passage Coins still drop for the losing team. Trials is still about winning, but Coins can help make that easier.
    • Trials Passages now have a Details page containing your active buffs. You won’t be able to add buffs once you’ve started your Trial, so make sure you buy them first!
    • Players that go undefeated on their Passage will continue to be invited to The Lighthouse.
    • Players may continue to play in the Trials past 9 wins (but they won’t get any better gear).
    • Brother Vance now has Trials Bounties available each weekend to provide players with a way to get sweet Trials gear, even if they’re not reaching the Lighthouse.
    • Regular Crucible Bounties are also still valid in Trials.
    • We will attempt to match up teams with similar win counts.
    • If you have 1 win, we will try to match you with another team with only 1 win.
    • If you have 8 wins… yup.
    • If we can’t find a high-quality match, we will loosen the win requirements first (in other words, we will not prioritize “wins” over low-latency matches).
    • Overtime timer in Elimination will now show 0:00 instead of stopping at 0:01 when time expires.
    • Teammate and enemy Revives now have distinct audio cues.
    • Recommended minimum Light for Trials of Osiris: 290.
    • Only Guardians with at least 251 Light can lead a Fireteam.

Good changes to trials it seems.

What the hell are bungie on about with the Radiant Light buff for NF?

Its gone and been replaced by the streak buff for Strikes? How in the hell are those two things related? Also adding in the fack the streak buff is broken/crap anyway - along with match making mid strike being no existent so when your match made 'buddies' quit at the start of Echo Chamber or Undying Mind or SABER you either have to solo it or the streak is over. With the radiant light gone it also now means leveling up a faction is much harder because we are only getting half the rep to a faction that we used to and now also don't get the 25% increase.

AND add to this the fact the NF rewards seem to be very poor now (An antiquated ruin? Oh gee, thanks, a crack at a 300 LL boss in your broken Court of Oryx mode, which offers generally poor rewards itself!)

Arrrrrgggghhhhh. Ranty morning.

Nightfall has been ruined, Iron Banner made a bit odder (imo), Court of Oryx should be amazing but is a frustrating lonely irritant. Ugh.

Immolation Fists, Celestial Nighthawk and HotPF plus a helmet engram this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Nothing for me from Xur , got 2 coins on one of my NF runs and nothing really decent's dropped this week. I did realise Echo Chamber as a PS exclusive can't be a NF. So all in all a good week.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement