Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,273 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I might take a chance on a few engrams to try and get a 310 helmet but other than that I'll just be stocking up on 3 of coins.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,850 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Will buy the immolation fists, and probably the hunter helm, then prob some engrams as I want that titan help with rocket tracking (and maybe a hunter helm from TTK)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Dunno if its changed from previously but I opened 4 helmets on my warlock and got 4 Warlock helms, then opened 4 on my hunter and got 3 hunter and 1 warlock. Just FYI I'd switch to whatever character you want the helmets for.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I might take a chance on a few engrams to try and get a 310 helmet but other than that I'll just be stocking up on 3 of coins.

I have all the exotic helemets but they're all 290. Now my characters are 294-296 does this mean they could drop @ 300?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,273 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

AdamD wrote: »
    Dunno if its changed from previously but I opened 4 helmets on my warlock and got 4 Warlock helms, then opened 4 on my hunter and got 3 hunter and 1 warlock. Just FYI I'd switch to whatever character you want the helmets for.

Yeah seems to me the weighting has been changed to favour the character alright.
    gimli2112 wrote: »
    I have all the exotic helemets but they're all 290. Now my characters are 294-296 does this mean they could drop @ 300?

Don't think so, they'll just drop at 290 I reckon, not heard of exotics dropping at 300. Since I cleared 300 they drop at either 290 or 310.

• Advertisement

gimli2112 wrote: »

No.

Once you get to 300, there is a chance of your engrams decrypting at 310.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭thegame983

Wait...did Zur not a weapon last week? Does he not do weapons anymore?

thegame983 wrote: »
    Wait...did Zur not a weapon last week? Does he not do weapons anymore?

He had Hawkmoon last week yeah, seems he won't have a weapon every week any more.

Not going to be able to buy from Xur on the weekends of the 16th, 23rd or 30th. I BET the fooker sells ALL the exotics I want in those three weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Vanguard Streak Rewards are not worth the steam off ones Pi$$ once you have done your 2x 5x Strike Quests on all 3 Characters. By then you are usually 280+ and go do NFs, Raids, CoO Tier 2 and 3 etc anyway which are better ways of grabbing better gear.

I don't really understand the "Drops-Mainly" nature of IB, will it essentially remove the need/want to try hit lvl3/5 on one or many characters, I guess it will.

Trials changes sound fair enough

• Advertisement

I've already reverted back to my pre-TTK mode of not playing strikes because they're boring as hell once you've played them once. Outside of the raid I'm quite bored with the game again now tbh, which is why Trials can't come soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I bought 3 and got 3 Helm of Inmost Light. Two at 290 and one at 310.

Also bought the Celestial Nighthawk as its great for staggering Oryx.

I reckon the most effective way for us to sort PS4 CoO is to get 6-8 of us in the Party in various individual instances where we send 4 to Hull Breach and 4 to Mausoleum (all solo), then just have us all walk in and out of Hall of Souls until any 2 of us end up in the sam instance and invite people in. I'd say the Tier 3s for the Most part are grand with 6. 8 and 9 are probably overkill

Anyone wanna get in on trying this later and farming loot and Calcified Fragments?

Bare in mind a lot of fragments are based of getting a certain combination of Tier 2 bosses together, which is dumb as F**k if you ask me..... RNG Fragments

I've already reverted back to my pre-TTK mode of not playing strikes because they're boring as hell once you've played them once. Outside of the raid I'm quite bored with the game again no tbh, which is why Trials can't come soon enough.

Same as, except the Playlist are now even worse.

Valus
    Saber
    Undying
    Echo
    Undying
    Valus
    Undying

Ughhhhhhh

Cormac... wrote: »
    Same as, except the Playlist are now even worse.

Valus
    Saber
    Undying
    Echo
    Undying
    Valus
    Undying

Ughhhhhhh

Yeah they should have all the vanilla strikes in there too, I still wouldn't play them of course but it sucks for people who actually want to grind the playlists. I understand them wanting to plug the new stuff, but really after week one the variety should be widened.

Yeah they should have all the vanilla strikes in there too, I still wouldn't play them of course but it sucks for people who actually want to grind the playlists. I understand them wanting to plug the new stuff, but really after week one the variety should be widened.

I said that on Reddit week 1 or 2 and was met with generic sh!te talk like "Noone wants to play Omnigul or Askor anymore"

This week Posts saying how people missed fighting Askor were on the front page

F**k my life

BTW Reddits Destiny section has gotten considerably worse since tTK came out and people are either 1) New to the Game and Community and 2) Migrating over from other subbreddits where their rubbish is tolerated

Can't wait for Trials tbh, outside of levelling my hunter's 3rd subclass there's nothing I want to do really. The raids decent and HM should be good if its ever released, but outside of that I'm currently stuck with a load of quests I've no interest in doing. Anything involving public events or taken champions just makes me want to vomit, sitting around for 15 minutes to spend 5 minutes killing something, 3 times on each planet. ****. That.

Destiny subreddits a laugh, everybody loves Mayhem Clash apparently. It being made the weekly game mode was just an insult to PvP players. Oh you want legendary marks? Go play that game mode we made for PvE players.

I reckon the most effective way for us to sort PS4 CoO is to get 6-8 of us in the Party in various individual instances where we send 4 to Hull Breach and 4 to Mausoleum (all solo), then just have us all walk in and out of Hall of Souls until any 2 of us end up in the sam instance and invite people in. I'd say the Tier 3s for the Most part are grand with 6. 8 and 9 are probably overkill

Anyone wanna get in on trying this later and farming loot and Calcified Fragments?

Bare in mind a lot of fragments are based of getting a certain combination of Tier 2 bosses together, which is dumb as F**k if you ask me..... RNG Fragments

I don;t think the instance changes when just walking in and out of an area - cause if you leave an area with people in it they are always there when you return to the area.

Better off having four people go to the hall of souls and the other four either meet them there or orbit and try again.

Can't do it tonight, but would LOVE to try it on Saturday - need my T3 calcified fragment.

Can't wait for Trials tbh, outside of levelling my hunter's 3rd subclass there's nothing I want to do really. The raids decent and HM should be good if its ever released, but outside of that I'm currently stuck with a load of quests I've no interest in doing. Anything involving public events or taken champions just makes me want to vomit, sitting around for 15 minutes to spend 5 minutes killing something, 3 times on each planet. ****. That.

Destiny subreddits a laugh, everybody loves Mayhem Clash apparently. It being made the weekly game mode was just an insult to PvP players. Oh you want legendary marks? Go play that game mode we made for PvE players.

How far are you on the sword quest? Reached a certain part of it last night and I'm pretty sure I'm going to be happy with one exotic sword if I ever get it done, the thought of doing it three times is horrifying. It's the only quest I've left to do now apart from Path of the Gunslinger/Bladedancer.

I have a Titan to level from scratch yet, the spark of light only upped me to 25 but didn't actually level the subclasses so have all of them to do. Think I'll just do defender though as it's the most useful for the raid, will be happy enough having the Warlock and Hunter ready for trials.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

Breakdown of Xur's stock by aWryshark...
    Titan: Immolation Fists - 45 Intellect/40 Strength
    Bungie's Armory has these as high as 75 Int/75 Strength, and I believe this is because there are two potential roll "profiles". The first is an even split like the pair we've got today, but the second would be one where it's heavily stacked in favor of one or the other, e.g. a pure Strength/Int roll where 15-20 or so stat points can be swapped out for the other. Anyway, this is the first we've seen of the Immolation Fists, and while the look may be hit or miss, you certainly can't deny their utility. These Sunbreaker-specific gloves provide the PvE-friendly Explosive Pyre free of charge, allowing you to spec Flameseeker for EZmode Hammers + helpful Recovery/Agility, or Fleetfire for a stacking Agility buff when you get any kills with your fire. While it's not going to revolutionize your play, EP + Flameseeker is a really helpful combo to have (mostly in PvE), especially to reduce the burden of needing to aim your Super flawlessly. Admittedly, you can do without the tracking in CQB HoS uses, but the Rec/Agi is universally useful - a high B tier, with the admission that I may have doled out the A's a little too liberally last week.
    Your Random Perks: Impact Induction/Rain Blows, HC/Shotgun Loader - I tend to like paramuscular armature, but melee-happy Titans will be pleased with these. HC Loader is always nice for Hawkmoon et al., Shotgun Loader's stock has dropped, but suits those who still prefer the close-range Special Weapons.

Hunter: Celestial Nighthawk Y2 - 50 Intellect/51 Strength
    Again, as I'm fairly certain there are two roll profiles, this one fits the even split model. Last week, the tentative max for this ended up sitting around 53/53, whereas the Nighthawk has the potential to grant much more Intellect at up to 84 with an ancillary stat of considerably less. If you don't know by now, the Celestial Nighthawk is considered a must-have by many for its role as Guaranteed Oryx-Staggerer in the final fight of the King's Fall Raid. Of course, Touch of Malice runs circles around it, but not everyone is so lucky. There will always be a place in Destiny for instant damage on Bosses, and there is no better Exotic for it than the Nighthawk. With the sheer amount of Taken and Hive adds to consider in high-level content, it's not one you're going to want to have on at all times, so I'm withholding the S tier and simply leaving it at a high A; you should be running Nightstalker for groups.
    Your Random Perks: Ashes to Assets is not quite the second-tier Inverse Shadow it once was, and I would consider it inferior even to Second Thoughts. Honestly, these grab-bag Super Energy perks can't compete with Inverse Shadow's indiscriminating bonus. Innervation is the better of the melee/grenade energy pick, but I tend to consider Health/Shield Regen as the holy grail. Not bad, not great.

Warlock: Heart of the Praxic Fire - 63 Intellect/65 Discipline
    Assuming Chest Armor is no different than Helmets, this looks like the even split roll profile, and I really don't have much to go on to say if it's very high or not. I'll be keeping an eye on rolls for Chest Armor to establish a tentative max for this profile like the (53/53) of helms. Otherwise, it appears Praxic Fire can roll up to 110 "pure", but always split between Intellect and Discipline. The Sunsinger staple has lost a little bit of its luster in the current metagame, but not through any fault of its own. Firebolt Grenades have been nerf'd all around, and these were the most frequently abused. Reduced Orb values from most adds have made it harder to grind out the 8 - though it is definitely still possible, and Stormcaller has supplanted the Sunsinger for sustained add cleanup. Sunsinger still has a niche in having a higher ceiling for orb generation + Fireborn for Raids, so it's not all bad, and HotPF is every bit the Exotic it once was. High A tier, as well.
    Your Random Perks: Scout Rifle Ammo is probably the worst additional Primary Ammo to receive on a piece of Chest Armor, but can't be called "bad". Shotgun Ammo is also middling; Shotguns just aren't the PvE bad boys they used to be. I certainly would have preferred Sniper Rifle Ammo myself. These also have a Void Burn defense, which will come in handy on certain Nightfalls, but otherwise come standard with Solar Armor to make your Sunsinger a little beefier.
    Recommendations: Immolation Fists, Celestial Nighthawk

Summary: All three Exotics are worth your Strange Coins, but I prioritize the above two for their novelty and immediate usefulness in the current PvE meta. As none of the three above have what I would consider a "god roll" for their random perks, it comes down to the intrinsic, and the Immolation Fists are fun and new - the Celestial Nighthawk valuable for your bout with Oryx. If you want to save some SCs for Three of Coins and Helmet Engrams, these are my two top picks.

• Advertisement

How far are you on the sword quest? Reached a certain part of it last night and I'm pretty sure I'm going to be happy with one exotic sword if I ever get it done, the thought of doing it three times is horrifying. It's the only quest I've left to do now apart from Path of the Gunslinger/Bladedancer.

I have a Titan to level from scratch yet, the spark of light only upped me to 25 but didn't actually level the subclasses so have all of them to do. Think I'll just do defender though as it's the most useful for the raid, will be happy enough having the Warlock and Hunter ready for trials.

I'm only on the first step. Need about 5 PvP and 5 major kills. I've actually done the strike part with 2 friends who needed it done, that bits not too bad. The other part sounds awful though, was in party chat with a guy doing it yesterday and he was going up about 4% for every 'you've awoken the hive' run. I figured you could just let it happen over time though? The ability kills should just come anyway, the materials less so.

I'm only on the first step. Need about 5 PvP and 5 major kills. I've actually done the strike part with 2 friends who needed it done, that bits not too bad. The other part sounds awful though, was in party chat with a guy doing it yesterday and he was going up about 4% for every 'you've awoken the hive' run. I figured you could just let it happen over time though? The ability kills should just come anyway, the materials less so.

Spent over half an hour farming helium filaments and only one of the materials dropped. I don't want to be using gunslinger at the moment so it feels like a bit of a chore but yeah at least that bit will just kind of happen on its own.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

Yup, I would be up for that this evening.
    Worth getting 5 in a party. I did this last time. We never managed to meet up on the Dreadnaught. So I approached the court and there was one guy on his own there. I sent him a message asking if others could join his fireteam for COO Tier 3.

So we did 2 x antiquated ruins...and then the random-er that we joined walked up and dropped his antiquated ruin. So we completed it a third time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

With Trials being a recommended 290 light level , of assume you'd have a hard time playing against players with 310 light level?

Why wouldn't 310 be the recommended level when that's the highest possible level ?

With Trials being a recommended 290 light level , of assume you'd have a hard time playing against players with 310 light level?

Why wouldn't 310 be the recommended level when that's the highest possible level ?

Because not everyone will get to 310.

Because you would want to get gear to get up the ladder, like playing any Activity.

Aside from enjoying the game mode, you would theoretically not have any incentive to play once you're 310.

Just gave the lads a hand with Oryx and my reward ? Two mouldering shards :(

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭JD1763

Is anyone still playing on the 360 by any chance? I picked up the collectors edition last week and am up to level 25 at the minute. But it's getting harder playing solo with some of the missions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Because not everyone will get to 310.

But the ones who do will have an adavantage wouldn't they?

• Advertisement

But the ones who do will have an adavantage wouldn't they?

same way people who we level 32 previously had an advantage over those that weren't.

Will be interesting to see the damage curves for the new LL, and whether they are different for Trials and IB, given the difference in recommended light level and ability to lead a Fireteam.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement