Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

For any Titans or Warlock going into Iron Banner this week, these will be of help, the info at 12 minutes in during the Titan one blew my mind

Titan

Warlock

• Registered Users Posts: 12,651 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Firstly I think its ****ing incredible that they still haven't added the skirmish maps which were supposed to be in the last IB to this IB. Nevermind the new maps not being either, which is also ****ing ridiculous. Bungie are a joke at this stage, can't even provide the basics in pvp.
    Bohrio wrote: »
    I am going to play some IB games this week in the hope that the sniper rifle will drop (and maybe the HC)... dont think I will make it to rank 5 but I dont really care tbh as I have no interest on any of the two weapons he is currently selling.

One question though, I am assuming drops are random as well and not linked to how well you do?

Because I am going to be possibly playing solo and it is hard to win games when soloing it (I think)
    I don't believe the drops are random, I think your chances are significantly higher at level 4 and 5. *Think* I read it somewhere and my personal experience definitely backs it up.
    Yes the drops are random just like in the crucible.
    Above, also you'll see a lot more decent drops than in Crucible for some reason.
    Thanks guys

Ok, then I will give it a go, in that way, even if a keep loosing I have a chance of getting drops (I dont really care about the new weapons and I wouldnt spend glimmer on them)

I have heard of people (bungie.net) saying that they got the Auto rifle as a drop (didnt even know there was one) so I am curious to see if it is limited to the last 2 weapons or not.

Guess I will find out soon (hopefully)
    ARs a piece of **** don't even bother. The cannon/sniper/fusion/machine gun are all close to best in class, the cannon and sniper PvE wise, fusion and machine gun PvP wise.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,286 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

AdamD wrote: »

I don't believe the drops are random, I think your chances are significantly higher at level 4 and 5. *Think* I read it somewhere and my personal experience definitely backs it up.

Yeah, you have to reach a certain rank before each drop becomes available too. As for what level you have to at before each specific drop becomes available I'm not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Thanks! I wasnt thinking of getting that AR, the only 2 weapons I am after is the HC and the Sniper.

I will give it a go now for a few games and see how it goes

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Anybody for Iron Banner on ps4, need 5

• Advertisement

So I know this is not the PS forum but I must be missing something, I seem to be the only one who is getting messages 24 later on PS4?

I say this because everyone seems to reply to them in time while I only get them hours later, the mobile app all it says is that there was an error and to try again...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Just ran the NF for my third/final time ... RNGesus must love me this week, as G'horn dropped for me! G'horn has been on my want list since I watched the Archon priest on NF get taken down without leaving his circle by two Gjallarhorns with weapons of light. Only thing I'm still chasing is Suros.

Two runs at Crota on NM followed ... and Plan C dropped for me on the second run, which I'd bought from Xur when he was selling it the other week. Nice to have it for one of the other characters though, as I like that fusion rifle.

Now hopefully I won't have to face Omnigul for at least another while. That is one bloody long tedious NF.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,107 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Just ran the NF for my third/final time ... RNGesus must love me this week, as G'horn dropped for me! G'horn has been on my want list since I watched the Archon priest on NF get taken down without leaving his circle by two Gjallarhorns with weapons of light. Only thing I'm still chasing is Suros.

Two runs at Crota on NM followed ... and Plan C dropped for me on the second run, which I'd bought from Xur when he was selling it the other week. Nice to have it for one of the other characters though, as I like that fusion rifle.

Now hopefully I won't have to face Omnigul for at least another while. That is one bloody long tedious NF.

Was that not two weeks ago with myself and the Bag :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I'd say it will be three weeks max before the Omnigul strike is back around.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Tried soloing it with my weakest character on Tuesday.
    It did not end well.

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Was that not two weeks ago with myself and the Bag :P

Yup. That was the inspiration ... poor sod never stood a chance!

Yup. That was the inspiration ... poor sod never stood a chance!

lol

Loved the part were you said "I have been wanting to get it since the archon priest"... that was two weeks ago... I am not sure if you are being sarcastic or just mean

Horrible you had to wait two full weeks to get it... must have felt like forever!!!! :D

Well knowing bungie you wont have to worry for another 2 weeks more or less

You know I was trolling Bohrio. :)

You know I was trolling Bohrio. :)

You bast@rdo!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Done CE NM last night and then straight into HM, got the Monte Carlo (again), Dragon Breath, Song of Ir Yut and Hunger of Crota and the Oversoul Eddict. Not to mention a rake of shards and the chest piece of armour. Have the CP for Crota as it was 2am again we finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭eggy81

So I know this is not the PS forum but I must be missing something, I seem to be the only one who is getting messages 24 later on PS4?

I say this because everyone seems to reply to them in time while I only get them hours later, the mobile app all it says is that there was an error and to try again...
    Mine don't come through until 12 hrs later.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Done CE NM last night and then straight into HM, got the Monte Carlo (again), Dragon Breath, Song of Ir Yut and Hunger of Crota and the Oversoul Eddict. Not to mention a rake of shards and the chest piece of armour. Have the CP for Crota as it was 2am again we finished.

I still have to run it with one of my characters.

If anyone is in the mood tonight and has time (although I suppose we are prioritizing IB) I want to try to take him down in 2 swords.

I came very close on tuesday and if we are lucky with the connection I think this is doable... although I never seem to have a good connection when Iplay with people from Ireland for some reason...

It was so smooth on tuesday though, got it twice in a row, 1st attempt and 2nd attempt accordingly (should have been 1st attempt but it did the not going invisible after knifing him thingie)

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Enjoying playing a bit of IB again but ****ty connections regularly wreck the fun. Every game I have a full green connection and I'm usually in and around the top of the leaderboard with a good points total and KD. But there is always one person minimum that you kill trade with or who dies in the killcam a few seconds after you do. When you check their connection: Red bar.

It's **** for these people to have a rubbish connection but it's even worse that it gets imposed on everyone else. Not sure what the solution for this is, but it takes me out of the game when I know that every time I come up against a certain player it's a crapshoot for who comes out on top, rather than any real skill levels.

Enjoying playing a bit of IB again but ****ty connections regularly wreck the fun. Every game I have a full green connection and I'm usually in and around the top of the leaderboard with a good points total and KD. But there is always one person minimum that you kill trade with or who dies in the killcam a few seconds after you do. When you check their connection: Red bar.

It's **** for these people to have a rubbish connection but it's even worse that it gets imposed on everyone else. Not sure what the solution for this is, but it takes me out of the game when I know that every time I come up against a certain player it's a crapshoot for who comes out on top, rather than any real skill levels.

I feel your pain, I was playing with some of the lads yesterday, most of the time I could kill a single player, then some rounds, it was ok. One round got 4 kills (although I dont remember killing anyone) and my Kd was 0.3 next round, same team, went up to 17 kills and my kd up to 1,8... same team same everything? maybe different host

It's disappointing, but the Lag is now something I've actually gotten in the habit of compensating for (going for body shots etc)..... I think they call this stage acceptance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,651 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Why would you go for bodyshots..? Had lag last night but I suspect it was because I ended up in a 6 man party with 5 Americans, didn't really mind as 6 man party = win every game, had 4 games were it ended before 10k points because the whole team left which is handy for IB xp.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

If anyone is in the mood tonight and has time (although I suppose we are prioritizing IB) I want to try to take him down in 2 swords.

Still have to kill Crota on hard, so would be up for this.

AdamD wrote: »
    Why would you go for bodyshots..?

Larger hitbox, more forgiving shot tracking

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

I still have to run it with one of my characters.

I came very close on tuesday and if we are lucky with the connection I think this is doable... although I never seem to have a good connection when Iplay with people from Ireland for some reason...

It was so smooth on tuesday though, got it twice in a row, 1st attempt and 2nd attempt accordingly (should have been 1st attempt but it did the not going invisible after knifing him thingie)

:(

I'd be up for hard mode crota also - should be home around half six.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Ill do hard mode tonight aswell

Iv a crota cp or from the start , i dont mind

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,286 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Cormac... wrote: »
    Larger hitbox, more forgiving shot tracking

Less likely to kill them before they kill you though (unless they're rubbish of course :p). I've found the hitboxes to be extremely forgiving in this game even for headshots, handcannons in particular it's very easy to pop off three headshots into someone, even at fairly close range. I'd only ever go for body shots if I'm firing from the hip.

Well it's what I do when I encounter a player I know is lagging, and it seems to work for me more often than going for the headshot. It's a personal preference. Just aim at their body and move the reticule side to side while strafing furiously. I'd rather get a few kills and assists here and there on that one lag player than be just complaining that I shot him twice in the head and he didn't go down (cause he's not standing where I shot in actuality). Each to their own though. I've benifited from Lag before and if I was a worse crucible player I'd probably be digging out the ole 3 Mobile Modem :D

• Registered Users Posts: 45,926 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Ill do hard mode tonight aswell

Iv a crota cp or from the start , i dont mind

I'll do hard mode too if there is room. From where-ever.

I could do with some help on the thorn summoning pits strike later on if anyone on X1 is at a loose end.

Tried to solo it the other night and laughed at my optimism when I was nailed by the first wave on the locked room.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,607 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I'll do hard mode too if there is room. From where-ever.

I'm also up for hm.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement