Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Ah yes you would, trials is the only game mode that you would have an incentive to play after you've hit 310, in fact it's only when you hit 310 that you will see the full Benidorm of trials.
    After you've got the highest level your still going to want to play it to get to the lighthouse as well as obtaining the specific hear to increase your Intellect and discipline. Even after you get all the gear and weapons , people will still play just to get the buzz from going flawless.

That's pretty much what I was saying.
    The technical incentives for 310s to play are not there, the emotional one is though

• Registered Users Posts: 45,848 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Hoping when I beat Ornyx tonight my Titan stuck on 299 for the last week will hit the magic 300+.

I dont know if its a pro or a con having 3 different chars all over 295 light. Prolly better having 3 of the same chars the way the armour is dropping or not dropping as the case maybe!!
    Same chance for high level specific armour. More chance of high level blues to infuse and 3 goes for raid gear rather than 1.

Christmas day us gonna be a xur day, wonder if he will be extra nice that weekend. Assuming them lizard squad jerks p off.

:( No more Destiny for me for a while, roommate moving out...and taking his tv and PS4 with him.
    Moving myself near the end of the month, and might be lucky enough to move to a place with a tv and PS4, or just a little less lucky and just have to get myself a PS4.

Boourns for the time inbetween.

:( No more Destiny for me for a while, roommate moving out...and taking his tv and PS4 with him.
    Moving myself near the end of the month, and might be lucky enough to move to a place with a tv and PS4, or just a little less lucky and just have to get myself a PS4.

Boourns for the time inbetween.

Get a loan and buy a PS4 and TV....

Or go on Adverts....

Or both

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

Cormac... wrote: »

Or go on Adverts....

Or both

Argos have a PS4 and Destiny Legendary Edition bundle for €299 at the minute. Practically giving it away at that price Ted.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

CDBWhoop wrote: »
    Argos have a PS4 and Destiny Legendary Edition bundle for €299 at the minute. Practically giving it away at that price Ted.

299 ? You sure ?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,273 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

And if you know someone who works in Argos (or Homebase) you can get a 10% discounton that price too ted.

Mickeroo wrote: »

That's an unbelievable price. My aunt is looking for a PS4 for the kids for Christmas so I reserved the white one for €30 extra as there was no stock of the black around.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,273 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah unreal value, if it was packaged with any other game (and I had actual money) I'd be very tempted.

Yeah unreal value, if it was packaged with any other game (and I had actual money) I'd be very tempted.

Bohrio made the move seamlessly :)

Robbed

You surely have enough glimmer to pay for it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

That's an absolute bargain if you're looking for a PS4. Can't justify getting another console though. I've too many games still to play on the One........... you know........ because of Destiny :pac:

Bohrio made the move seamlessly :)

Yeah but he's weird :pac: I have no interest in starting Destiny from scratch again, the thought of levelling up my Titan is bad enough! I probably wouldn't use it much apart from Bloodbourne anyway so it's very much on the long finger until I have more disposable income and I actually like playing other games!

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

Thats odd, its €299 in this link

Not many left Stock checker

Robbed

Honestly that is one of the best destiny vids I've seen, I love those tower moments!

Or go on Adverts....

Or both

No dice on the loan. Will have money for whatever situation come the end of the month, so after I move I can get sorted.

So I shall get my Destiny fill through everyone's Destiny posts, and a whole load of Twitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

should have heard the bitching in my group last night - was getting very tetchy between a few people. People being told how to do things, when clearly it was just a feck up or mistake rather than ignorance that had cost us. Was annoying to even listen to, never mind being on the recieving end of it (as I was at one point for nothing!)

Was a frustrating run at Oryx. we got him down to only needing one more stagger 3 or 4 times before eventually ending him - people forgetting about oryx, runnign to the blight too early, firing auto rifles at him... frustrating. If we hadn't got him done on the run we did i'd have quit anyway!

We were trying a new way (for most of the group) at running the last encounter. Bohrio and Generic had ran it that way the previous night so I brought the tactic with me. Designated runner (obviously) and designated 3 platform people - so everyone has a specific job rather than it changing depending where the spark is - works very well, once we got over the initial teething problems of getting it up and running.

We've never done it any other way- way I see it there's always one or two that are confident at the jumps, so if one does go down theres cover. Everyone has a designated platform and importantly calls their name when jumping on. Then just put shots on your opposites ogre to get them down quick.

It's very easy to get frustrated in the fight, especially when it gets glitchy (platforms not appearing) or just fails overall (oryx claps immediately)

Overall it's not an unpleasant raid end fight, but if it starts to go wrong it can get very tetchy very quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

So. I've got an itch to play this but I know know if it's my type of game.

I love shooters but I tend to play solo and almost certainly never get involved in any online play.

So now that it's been patch and expanded, is this the game for me? How enjoyable is it to go through solo? Is it even possible?
    Would the base game be structured enough to make it more enjoyable since the Taken King seems to have improved some gameplay mechanics? Would I need the Taken King to get the most from the game?

I love shooters but I tend to play solo and almost certainly never get involved in any online play.

So now that it's been patch and expanded, is this the game for me? How enjoyable is it to go through solo? Is it even possible?
    Would the base game be structured enough to make it more enjoyable since the Taken King seems to have improved some gameplay mechanics? Would I need the Taken King to get the most from the game?

You can enjoy the game solo, if you like. But only if you bought the Taken King, the only Co-op is what makes the game a 9.5/10..... Solo it's a solid 6.5/10

• Registered Users Posts: 36 appoireland

Hey. Raid virgin here looking to finally take it on. Anyone fireteams on Xbox One need another player for Vault of Glass or Crotas end give me a shout. Level 40, 271 titan, GT same as username

Hey. Raid virgin here looking to finally take it on. Anyone fireteams on Xbox One need another player for Vault of Glass or Crotas end give me a shout. Level 40, 271 titan, GT same as username

Do you have TTK ?

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Do you have TTK ?

I do indeed. Light is under the recommended level however for Kings Fall

I do indeed. Light is under the recommended level however for Kings Fall

I was 260 the first time I ran it, you'll be fine we can explain as we go for you.

I'll be going from after the Warpriest tomorrow or Sunday and might do a fresh run with my Hunter after that.

Add me my GT is TitianGerm.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Just added you there and would be happy to show you around crota (can't do atheon solo). I haven't completed the new raid yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

I'll join in for a raid or two when I'm about. GT Vialli101

Thanks folks, got a game in VOG through the app (can kinda see why there was over 1000 deaths first time around!!) but more than willing for more runs 😠I'll add ye now and if anyone fancys one of the others invite me in

• Advertisement

Game would be pointless solo imo, you'll hit a brick wall levelling up fairly quick and the majority of worthwhile content would be off limits to you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement