Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,848 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

beat a T3 in under 2 mins and only got one of my calcified fragments for it - totally mugged off! should hvae got one for completing it, and one for the bounty - but only got the one for beating the T3 itself, so still 2 off getting a touch of malice rather than 1. AAARRRGGGHHHH. Damn you bungie!

actually - it is really weird.

I had matched calcified fragment numbers on ghosthunter and my titan yesterday.

I had 41 on each.
    Today I got the one from the agonarch rune, and should have got two from CoO - one from beating T3 at all, the other from beating T3 in under 2 mins (bounty completion), bringing me to 44. Convinced I saw notifications for two fragments pop up.

On Ghost Hunter it says I have 44 now (including fragment 50 which is got from the bounty) but when I look at the dreadnaught it says I have 43.

That is so freaking annoying. WHY ARE YOU SCREWING ME, BUNGIE!?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Stuck on 299, will have to wait till the reset and try get sone raid armour.

Might forget about the raid boss for a few weeks. Just cant seem to get it done.

What platform sir?

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Stuck on 299, will have to wait till the reset and try get sone raid armour.

Might forget about the raid boss for a few weeks. Just cant seem to get it done.

Yeah I'm sort of in the same boat levelling wise .... Have my Warlock at 295 , Titan at 296 and my Hunter at 292. Only so many strikes and CoO I can do without getting sick of it. Will need to try do a Raid sooner than later to hopefully boost myself up.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Playing this morning when my alarm went off :confused: Shut everything down and headed into work. It's official, I've lost my fricken mind!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,093 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Up to 44 fragments now. I still need some of the teir 2 combinations which just don't want to drop. Also need the Tier 3 in under 2 minutes.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Up to 44 fragments now. I still need some of the teir 2 combinations which just don't want to drop. Also need the Tier 3 in under 2 minutes.

Up to a real world 45 myself, but 44 according to the game... grrr.

The 5 remaining that I haven't got are:

43 - Undiscovered
    44 - Undiscovered
    45 - Undiscovered
    47 - Beat Thalnok (CoO T3)
    49 - Beat Kagoor (CoO T3)

So hopefully the T3 tomorrow is Thalnok or Kagoor, or one of the undiscovered 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,093 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'm missing 47 and 49 as well. I thought I got them the last two weeks but someone else must have just got their Rune in before me and I never noticed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

up to 42 calcified fragments.

You'll be delighted to hear the Touch of Malice requires a further 30 or so Radium Flakes to fully max out.

The farming is painful.

Meh - patrol with the hunter will get it done fairly painlessly, love that radar perk for material farming!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

PetKing wrote: »
    Haven't started raiding yet, but good to hear. Seems to be lots of pre established raiding parties. Feels like its at that point where people want completions under their belt, I just want freedom to fail a little as I learn.

I will hit you up next time I am doing the raid mate, we run 3 fresh raids a week. Will prolly be starting all a fresh on Tuesday night. Have the Golgorath CP for tonite if you wanna join that......Once you are light level (280 for 1st part is fine, the higher the better and a good sniper for the rest)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,272 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Cormac... wrote: »
    You'll be delighted to hear the Touch of Malice requires a further 30 or so Radium Flakes to fully max out.

The farming is painful.

On the bright side you don't need to level it up to get the benefits as the main perk is already active thankfully.

43 - Undiscovered
    44 - Undiscovered
    45 - Undiscovered
    47 - Beat Thalnok (CoO T3)
    49 - Beat Kagoor (CoO T3)

Apparently a fair few of those undiscovered ones are/might be for getting certain Tier 2 boss combinations. So get farming the CoO you Scrub-a-dub-dub!!!

Chimp!? Is that you Chimp?!?

Apparently a fair few of those undiscovered ones are/might be for getting certain Tier 2 boss combinations. So get farming the CoO you Scrub-a-dub-dub!!!

Will probably do that tomorrow. Will be aiming for a T3 anyway, so can do some T2s at the same time.

Do you need to pop the rune yourself to get the CF or is taking part in the correct event enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Will probably do that tomorrow. Will be aiming for a T3 anyway, so can do some T2s at the same time.

Do you need to pop the rune yourself to get the CF or is taking part in the correct event enough?

I have gotten 3 CF from multiple CoO runs already. Do I need to run it again to get a specific CF from the Rune 3 eyes Eris gave me???

I think you need to use the Ruin yourself to get some of them, possibly all. For sure the Tier 3 one
    Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I have gotten 3 CF from multiple CoO runs already. Do I need to run it again to get a specific CF from the Rune 3 eyes Eris gave me???

There 3 CFs for Tier 3 so far, which have rotating bosses weekly, so next week it'll probably be back to guy it was week 1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

So all three characters are above 290 now.

My third character (hunter) is a poxy git ... he hit 298 while my second (Titan) was stuck on 295. Poxy git has had countless blue engrams convert to legendaries with over 290 values. Swine.

In other news does anyone fancy a raid tonight so I can continue to prove that this poxy hunter git is a pox? I'm convinced he'll just have to stare at Oryx and he'll get ALL the loot in the raid.

Such a git...

My main character is at 298. As soon as I hit 300 I've 15 exotic engrams to decrypt, mostly armour.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,272 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I think you need to use the Ruin yourself to get some of them, possibly all. For sure the Tier 3 one

There 3 CFs for Tier 3 so far, which have rotating bosses weekly, so next week it'll probably be back to guy it was week 1

Yeah you only get the CF if it was your rune that was used.
    So all three characters are above 290 now.

My third character (hunter) is a poxy git ... he hit 298 while my second (Titan) was stuck on 295. Poxy git has had countless blue engrams convert to legendaries with over 290 values. Swine.

In other news does anyone fancy a raid tonight so I can continue to prove that this poxy hunter git is a pox? I'm convinced he'll just have to stare at Oryx and he'll get ALL the loot in the raid.

Such a git...

I am, will try and power level my titan when i get home to do the early bits, but even if I can't I still need to beat Oryx with the Warlock so am on for it either way.

• Advertisement

gimli2112 wrote: »
    My main character is at 298. As soon as I hit 300 I've 15 exotic engrams to decrypt, mostly armour.

I'm such a clown. I have better armour on my Hunter/Warlock that I can use to get my Titan over 300.
    Really not getting much done here might try and sneak out home.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭onlyTobes

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I will hit you up next time I am doing the raid mate, we run 3 fresh raids a week. Will prolly be starting all a fresh on Tuesday night. Have the Golgorath CP for tonite if you wanna join that......Once you are light level (280 for 1st part is fine, the higher the better and a good sniper for the rest)

In the same boat here, want to start raiding this week now that titan is 294, and hunter is 289. Warlock is only 250ish but sick of the quests for 3 characters, need to do something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

I picked up the Legendary edition Friday form one of the guys from the guys here, Looking to get started tonight and join the clan. Could i just ask to Questions,
    1. What class should i pick, I was thinking of going for a Hunter, but I'll change if people think a Titan or Warlock would be better.
    2. How does the Spark work, do i need complete the basic Destiny and the two DLCs before i can use it or can i use it straight away?

Thanks in advance for the advice

Character is going to be personal preference. Most of us have one of each at this stage. My favourite is the Titan. Pre-TTK he was the weakest PvP character but then hammers happened.
    Cornored an entire team capturing a point this weekend and wiped out the lot of them including a warlock who decided to self revive - idiot! :D

DeclanRe wrote: »
    I picked up the Legendary edition Friday form one of the guys from the guys here, Looking to get started tonight and join the clan. Could i just ask to Questions,
    1. What class should i pick, I was thinking of going for a Hunter, but I'll change if people think a Titan or Warlock would be better.
    2. How does the Spark work, do i need complete the basic Destiny and the two DLCs before i can use it or can i use it straight away?

What way do you like to play games normally? DPS? Support? Tank? Stealth?

You can use the spark straight away if you like

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Cornored an entire team capturing a point this weekend and wiped out the lot of them including a warlock who decided to self revive - idiot! :D

So you're saying you got a 7th Column? :eek:

So you're saying you got a 7th Column? :eek:

Erm, no haven't seen that. Maybe there were only 5-6 of them but if I can do it I can just imagine the carnage if someone good was using the hammers.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

What way do you like to play games normally? DPS? Support? Tank? Stealth?

You can use the spark straight away if you like

Stealth is probably what i'm most used too, that's why I was thinking a Hunter would be best.

DeclanRe wrote: »

Look at some vids of the supers and decide which one you like the look of best. Each subclass has offensive supers. Titan and Warlock have the most powerful ones in that regard, for more support play type stuff Titan has the bubble, Warlock can revive themselves with Sunsinger and Hunters can go invisible with blade dancer or tether enemies to the spot with their bow and arrow. You won't find general gameplay particularly different with any of them apart from the supers and one or two abilities like hunter's invisibility. It's not like a full on RPG where there's loads of scope for experimenting with different builds and abilities, just minor tweaks more than anything. Some stuff works better for PvP than PvE and vise versa but gunplay and general combat is the same for all classes.

You can use the spark straight away once you get to The tower and I would advise you do, then hop straight into the Taken King stuff as that's what most people will be playing. Then do the older missions at your own pace to help you level up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Wonda-Boy wrote:

Cheers dude. I'm a 292 warlock with a 294 sniper. Heading to Cardiff next weekend, so hoping to get everything done before Thursday night.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement