Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

On 21 of the fragments myself now. Will start getting the rest today. Took a look at destiny ghost hunter and its really handy way to find out what ones I need.

Have to say I taught i had far less, so just under half way there :).

• Registered Users Posts: 45,848 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

So I think we can say we are mostly settled in to The Taken King expansion of Destiny.

Firstly, I think it is mostly a big improvement on what had come before it. The additional story, the Quest element (and how many there are) give more meaning to everything you do in Destiny.

However, being the dick I am, I like to look at the negatives. What would you look to change in either upcoming expansions or in the proper sequel?

Personally, I think the Nightfall has been a massive disappointment since TTK arrived. It has been nerfed to meaninglessness, and worse still bungie have actively LIED about it.

1. We don't get a XP buff anymore.
    2. The drops seem to be a lot worse than they were before the update.
    3. The amout of rep and xp you get is LESS than before, even though bungie outright stated that the rep and xp would be increaed to compensate for the radiant light loss.

Nightfall used to be a must do activity, now it is similar to the Weekly Heroic we had before the update. You don't even get legendary marks for it!

I also think the bounties have taken a massive hit. They are generally easier to do, but give about have the rep and xp they used to, even without the radiant buff. Levelling weapons or factions via these is a lot more difficult than before - a massive grind has been introduced.

I think Nightfall and Bounties need to be looked at, as they are nowhere near as important or usefull as they used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I actually think there are too many guns. I had a load from before TTK that I never even fired and can see the same thing happening this time round. The loss of the weeklies and the handy 27 coins that came with it is a bit of a bummer but I think I probably make more just doing stuff.

Overall though I think TTK is awesome. Simple improvements like cashing in bounties from outer space make a real difference. The hung jury scout rifle is just fanatastic (had to work that in) Can actually use it in PvP.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I think its an incedible improvement, I usually only have time to play 2 hrs at a time, and theres almost certainly more content changing day to day between the daily heroic, crucible etc than I can keep up with.

things i'd change however...

1. let me pick up my bounties while in orbit, being able to cash them in immediately was a great addition, this would be the logical next step.
    2. daily rewards for public events - are these gone completely? -if so bring em back, otherwise why bother even having them?
    3. I also feel like I'm gone back to farming for materials to a certain extent, maybe its because most of my gear seems to need relic iron to upgrade. if you were able to buy mats in exchange for motes of light, instead of the harder to come by legendary marks it might be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

So all three characters are above 290 now.

My third character (hunter) is a poxy git ... he hit 298 while my second (Titan) was stuck on 295. Poxy git has had countless blue engrams convert to legendaries with over 290 values. Swine.

In other news does anyone fancy a raid tonight so I can continue to prove that this poxy hunter git is a pox? I'm convinced he'll just have to stare at Oryx and he'll get ALL the loot in the raid.

Such a git...

If I get to log in tonight, I'll be up for this. If not, I'll definitely be on tomorrow evening for a fresh run. I have Wednesday off work, so I'll be on for a long session. Save me a spot for Wed either way!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

You can have mine Steve ... I'll be away from early Wednesday morning so it's unlikely I'll be raiding unless it's an early (8pm) start rather than the usual 9:30/10pm start

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Hadn't noticed that the amount of glimmer from yellow bars has been reduced. I had to farm the exclusion zone yesterday and was fairly pissed at how long it took just to get to 10k. Bit of an odd thing to do on Bungie's part, probably falls into their philosophy of trying to slow player progress and increase the need to grind for mats etc.

Yeah I've noticed there is a lot more grinding now and it's one of the reasons I stopped playing before Crotas End came out.

The sword quest along with the Touch of Malice has just put me off the game tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,093 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

If I get to log in tonight, I'll be up for this. If not, I'll definitely be on tomorrow evening for a fresh run. I have Wednesday off work, so I'll be on for a long session. Save me a spot for Wed either way!

I'll run it with my Warlock this evening. Beat the Warpriest the other day with him but called it a day there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

DeclanRe wrote: »
    I picked up the Legendary edition Friday form one of the guys from the guys here, Looking to get started tonight and join the clan. Could i just ask to Questions,
    1. What class should i pick, I was thinking of going for a Hunter, but I'll change if people think a Titan or Warlock would be better.
    2. How does the Spark work, do i need complete the basic Destiny and the two DLCs before i can use it or can i use it straight away?

Thanks in advance for the advice

Hey Declan,

Hope you enjoy the game! :)

It all depends on your play style really of these kind of games as to what class you choose -

Warlock - my main, best melee, best floaty jumps, quickest revives (eventually!) may not be as quick off the mark as a Titan or Hunter in a scrap with a gun

Titan - Hard as nails power and strength wise, has higher jumps than Warlock but less controllable in the air

Hunter - the sneaky shnake of Destiny, can go invisible, has a cool initial super and if used correctly can decimate a whole team, cons : not really powerful as the other 2 and has a weak melee but makes up for it with speed and agility (not the best jumper though)

If I was to start all over again I would probably level all 3 characters up as far as 20 with standard story and then make my decision... (repetitive, I know!)

Feel free to join the Clan and shoot me an invite when you want : Fieldog

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Titan Glide > Warlock Float 9/10 times :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

Each of the classes has their own advantages and disadvantages yet overall it is probably fair to say you won't go too far wrong picking one over the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Cormac... wrote: »
    Chimp!? Is that you Chimp?!?

Wasn't me unfortunately - having serious internet connection issues :(

Tried to tune into your stream a week or 2 ago, but couldn't even view the stream! Hoping to get connected to the matrix again this week.

Bring on the MLG!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,848 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

CDBWhoop wrote: »
    Each of the classes has their own advantages and disadvantages yet overall it is probably fair to say you won't go too far wrong picking one over the other.

That Hunter jump always puts me off playing as a Hunter... always.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

That Hunter jump always puts me off playing as a Hunter... always.

It can be a right pain in the hoop at times but I wouldn't ignore the Hunter class completely because of it and miss out on the invisibility perk (Bladedancer) and Void Bow (Nightstalker). Fieldy has the right idea, try them all and see what suits your gameplay style.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Titan probably has the best PvP class (Sunbreaker) and PvE class (Defender) at the moment.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,272 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I find the triple jump the best one in the game, by far the easiest jump for me for running relic in the raid and any of the jumping puzzles. The better control double jump was great for running sword for crota. I don't like the glidey jumps at all, only thing they're better for is if you need to get somewhere high up or want someone to snipe you in the head.

I think whatever character you end up playing first/the most with you're going to prefer their jump though just because it's the one you're used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

AdamD wrote: »
    Titan probably has the best PvP class (Sunbreaker) and PvE class (Defender) at the moment.

OK, I must have really missed something - Titan's are now the best PvP class???

really???

OK, I must have really missed something - Titan's are now the best PvP class???

really???

Sunbreaker is now the strongest subclass yes. The super is ridiculous, will probably be patched at some point though knowing Bungie it'll be a matter of months rather than weeks.

Wait a couple of weeks until Trials and Iron Banner start and you'll see a lot of Sunbreaker complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,093 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

AdamD wrote: »
    Sunbreaker is now the strongest subclass yes. The super is ridiculous, will probably be patched at some point though knowing Bungie it'll be a matter of months rather than weeks.

Wait a couple of weeks until Trials and Iron Banner start and you'll see a lot of Sunbreaker complaints.

I don't agree.

Yes its Super is very strong in PVP but its Melee and Grenedes are very underwhelming.

Gunslinger and Nightstalker have better variety to their Melees and the three Warlock subclasses have massive range on their melee. Both easiler beat the Titans melees.

The grenades are the same. Warlock has Firebolt, Purple Follow you the whole way around the map gernade and Arcbolt. The Hunter has Arcbolt, Tripmine and Voidwall. Striker has Lighting Bolt and Defender has Magnetic. All those grenades are better than anything the Sunbreaker has in PVP.

It also lacks good synergy which a lot of the other classes get in the middle and final slots in the perk tree.

I believe the reason people believe the Sunbreaker is so OP is because people are now actually using a Titan in Crucible. And those people are using Sunbreaker because its simply nice to have a ranged super on the Titan after so long.

In my opinion the Warlock has the best PvP subclass, with Stormcaller. Good grenade in Arcbolt, great melee with good range which can be extended in the Subclass Perks and a devastating Super which has good chaining abilities which you can extend the range on as well. Not to mention you can zip around the map when in your super and also make your super last longer by popping it when you have full grenade and melee energy. Does the the Stormcaller have Blink as well ? I can't remember I've played that much Nightstalker this week.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,272 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I don't agree.

Yes its Super is very strong in PVP but its Melee and Grenedes are very underwhelming.

Gunslinger and Nightstalker have better variety to their Melees and the three Warlock subclasses have massive range on their melee. Both easiler beat the Titans melees.

The grenades are the same. Warlock has Firebolt, Purple Follow you the whole way around the map gernade and Arcbolt. The Hunter has Arcbolt, Tripmine and Voidwall. Striker has Lighting Bolt and Defender has Magnetic. All those grenades are better than anything the Sunbreaker has in PVP.

It also lacks good synergy which a lot of the other classes get in the middle and final slots in the perk tree.

I believe the reason people believe the Sunbreaker is so OP is because people are now actually using a Titan in Crucible. And those people are using Sunbreaker because its simply nice to have a ranged super on the Titan after so long.

In my opinion the Warlock has the best PvP subclass, with Stormcaller. Good grenade in Arcbolt, great melee with good range which can be extended in the Subclass Perks and a devastating Super which has good chaining abilities which you can extend the range on as well. Not to mention you can zip around the map when in your super and also make your super last longer by popping it when you have full grenade and melee energy. Does the the Stormcaller have Blink as well ? I can't remember I've played that much Nightstalker this week.

It's by far the most powerful super at the moment in PvP and average grenades and a crap melee isn't going to hinder a decent player much when you have a super that powerful. You can get 7 hammers off in one instance if you're set up right and they have an AoE attack if you miss. Nothing comes close to it at the moment.

Stormcaller is powerful, probably too much so too, but it's short range and you can down them with a GG or a high impact sniper. The damage debuff on sunbrekaer is nuts, nova bomb is the only viable counter (Fist of Havoc requires you to be too close) apart from running the hell away.

• Advertisement

I don't agree.

Gunslinger has awful PvP perks, a poor melee and mediocre grenades. Its super is now a poor man's Sunbreaker.
    Bladedancer's main grenade has been heavily nerfed and its super is quite weak.
    Nightstalker has good perks but its super is pretty poor.
    Defender is ****.
    Striker's very meh, good grenades don't put in on par with the other classes.
    Sunsinger is ****.
    Voidwalker is still decent, has reasonably strong everything.
    I agree that Stormcaller is good, probably the second best at the moment. The melee is ridiculous and the super is very strong, the grenades are only alright.

Outside of Supers, Grenades, Melees and Jumps there's very very little that differentiates the classes in a PvP sense.
    Sunbreaker super is currently the best by a long shot.
    Incendiary and Fusion grenades are great, you're not losing ground on anyone here.
    The melee is pretty poor.
    The jumps are fine, lacks blink but still decent.
    Outside of Nightstalker no class actually gains ground on the rest of their perks so its pretty clear that Sunbreaker's massively OP super more than makes up for a poor melee, and with more than adequate grenades and jumps its an OP subclass.

You'll see soon, its damage output is outrageous and its far too difficult to take one down before they take you down.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Does the the Stormcaller have Blink as well ? I can't remember I've played that much Nightstalker this week.

Stormcaller doesn't have blink as a standard jump, but there is a "blink during super" perk (Ionic Blink iirc) in the tree. Not as good as the chaining perk in PvE, but it could be good in Crucible.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

A lot of the complaints I have seen about Sunbreakers are about GG not one-shotting Sunbreaker titans. But if they could one shot, it means that the Titan goes below GG Hunters again as their hammers do not hit the target at the same time as a GG shot.

Sunbreakers maybe need a small nerf as they have insane HP, 5/6 hammers and health regen upon killing, but they are not nearly as bad as many are making out.

A lot of the complaints I have seen about Sunbreakers are about GG not one-shotting Sunbreaker titans. But if they could one shot, it means that the Titan goes below GG Hunters again as their hammers do not hit the target at the same time as a GG shot.

Sunbreakers maybe need a small nerf as they have insane HP, 5/6 hammers and health regen upon killing, but they are not nearly as bad as many are making out.

They wouldn't go below GG if they could be one shotted by them at all, they're capable of getting off 6 or 7 one hit kill projectiles in one super and those projectiles explode on contact with a fairly powerful AoE so can still do plenty of damage if you miss. Sunbreaker also has something like a 75% damage debuff when they stand in a sunspot, GG have no armour buff or incoming damage debuff whatsoever. GG also has fairly big damage fall off at range.

Datto with a video on the usefulness of Weapons of Light vs. Melting Point vs. Shadowshot.
    Main point from it, Melting Point and Shadowshot don't stack.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

All excited to get started with this - Load it up.
    18Gbs of an update file to complete :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Mickeroo wrote: »
    They wouldn't go below GG if they could be one shotted by them at all, they're capable of getting off 6 or 7 one hit kill projectiles in one super and those projectiles explode on contact with a fairly powerful AoE so can still do plenty of damage if you miss. Sunbreaker also has something like a 75% damage debuff when they stand in a sunspot, GG have no armour buff or incoming damage debuff whatsoever. GG also has fairly big damage fall off at range.

Sorry, I didn't mean overall, I meant in a 1v1, Gunslinger versus Sunbreaker. The time to travel fir the hammer means gunslingers should always win that battle if they were able to one-shot a Sunbreaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

7th Column (with no Sunsinger) using Stormcaller in Mayhem and thus completing the Jolly Holiday quest with the 7th Kill made me shout much more than any PvE Boss Kills :D

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

wexdevil wrote: »

Tess is back and she's bringing micro transactions.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement