Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭kevind1

have my 45 fragments. Now, for Phobos. Gonna need a couple of guardians to help later on, if people are willing. Barely got the normal mission done yesterday with Salty, a more difficult version with an extra boss seems like it will need 3 people...

Need to run this too, should be on this evening from around 8, watched a vid on it, will defo need 3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

kevind1 wrote:
    Need to run this too, should be on this evening from around 8, watched a vid on it, will defo need 3

Same here. It was bad enough on the normal difficulty. Will definitely need 3 bodies

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,272 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Cormac... wrote: »
    Cool, yeah I think one of the las always beats me too it too.

Just make sure you fire them friend requests or they will sit in Limbo.
    I get the notifications for the PS Clan 2 and sometimes have to add 3 or 4 new lads at a time

I tend not to friend people unless they add me first or I end up playing with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

As long as its all cosmetic micro transactions don't bother me at all, won't be buying them mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Was just going to post this.

Any Xbox guys want to give it a bash later to get the Grimore and new Shell ?

I'll be on from 6 Emmet if you want to give it a bash.

Raid is on for tonight as well ... to hell with having to get up at 4am for a flight ... just keep going! (Cue me falling asleep around 11pm then...)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Ok, defo save me a spot! I'll be on around 7 if all goes to plan. Dying to try this new Raid!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Was just going to post this.

Any Xbox guys want to give it a bash later to get the Grimore and new Shell ?

Pretty sure I'll be around all night if you need a body.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭roadie_2013

Fieldog wrote: »
    When you get up to 25/26 we will do VoG and Crota together if you want?

I'm still a bit off Kings Fall yet as I want to get all 3 characters "Kings Fall" ready before going in there.... :)

I have a friend who also recently started playing and he wants to do VoG and Crota so we will get him to jump into it with us, bit of help from Optimus will be great also... :)

I wouldn't mind jumping in either. Have been getting my Hunter up to raid level. Nearly there now....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Version 2 Suros did not meet my lofty PvP expectations.

Think i'm converted to High Impact Pulse Rifles, there is a ToO Messenger Replacement of the same ArcheType I'll partake in Trials to get :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

have my 45 fragments. Now, for Phobos. Gonna need a couple of guardians to help later on, if people are willing. Barely got the normal mission done yesterday with Salty, a more difficult version with an extra boss seems like it will need 3 people...

Its totally do able with 2 people, obviously the higher the light the better. I did it 2 nights ago with just me and redzer for the bag of ferrets (Touch of Malice)

Hit me up later if you need a hand and bring as many VOID wepons as possible mate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Version 2 Suros did not meet my lofty PvP expectations.

Think i'm converted to High Impact Pulse Rifles, there is a ToO Messenger Replacement of the same ArcheType I'll partake in Trials to get :P

Reflection Sum I think it's called. The new Spare Change is an option with the right stability perks and the mid impact ones are also viable as they tend to be more stable by default.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

So Oryx, or Auryx (when he was previously a girl) is a transgender character in Destiny lore :

http://www.polygon.com/2015/10/5/9454391/destinys-titular-character-is-transgender-although-youre-forgiven-if

Interesting....

I don't think transgender is the right term for a being that is change itself as it wills.
    Mother****er gave himself wings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Its totally do able with 2 people, obviously the higher the light the better. I did it 2 nights ago with just me and redzer for the bag of ferrets (Touch of Malice)

Hit me up later if you need a hand and bring as many VOID wepons as possible mate.

I agree. As soloed myself and I am no legend himself.

Just stay in that door, bring the boss's health down to 1/3 and then wait for the wizard to appear, she will spawn right in front of the door (see my video)

Oryx is one of the strongest bravest role models a young generation have today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

I forgot I actually recorded my attempt to that last hunger pangs quest, I was solo, I was all over the place but I still managed to do it. Also, you dont have to kill the final boss just the wizard. See where it spawns, if you stay in that area just cope with the enemies for a bit and then, as soon as she spawn, rocket the s... out of her!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,458 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

dudeeile wrote: »
    Reflection Sum I think it's called. The new Spare Change is an option with the right stability perks and the mid impact ones are also viable as they tend to be more stable by default.

Lyudmila is same archetype, though weighted more towards range rather than stability. The FWC pulse rifle, the Vanity, is a yr 2 Hopscotch. Mine has almost max stability for med impact.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Cheers to Soulz, Bag, Emmet, Gary and Mark for a painless run through the raid last night. That's the quickest I've ever seen the deathsingers and Oryx go down!

My awards - 310 ghost, warlock legs, another shotgun and the fusion rifle.

Oh yeah ... and a 310 Heart of the Praxic Fire!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,091 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Cheers to Soulz, Bag, Emmet, Gary and Mark for a painless run through the raid last night. That's the quickest I've ever seen the deathsingers and Oryx go down!

My awards - 310 ghost, warlock legs, another shotgun and the fusion rifle.

Oh yeah ... and a 310 Heart of the Praxic Fire!

We spent more time on the jump puzzles than all the rest together :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

I too would like to add thanks to Wonda, Cuhlcannon, Derek, Dermo, Wes, and muinteoir Redzer for my first raid last night. Ran it all in under 2.5 hours. Said before but jumping puzzles were the most difficult, my floaty warlock struggled at times. Golgoroth was grand once I had the guys technique down. Similar to Skolas, I'm a terror for not looking at timers on my screen, had the gaze and would panic about 1 second at everyone!! Sisters were easy enough. Oryx took a few attempts but we got him easy enough. Not happy with my machine gun for DPS on Oryx though, need to sort that. Got the pulse and hand cannon, and shiney new boots. Pushes me to 297, had hoped to hit 300. Although passing off stock to my alts has raised my hunter up 35 light to 280.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Had a lot of exotic engrams which I was saving up until I hit 300. Friend said not to cash them all in at once, as the game knows and will start giving you lower ranked stuff. Told me to fly out to orbit and back again.

Monday - Cashed 3 and got 2 310s straight off, then started going to Orbit. Only got one more 310 out of 7 or 8 decrypts. Rest of the stuff was all 290 - no 300s. Went back in yesterday and got two 310s from my first two decypts and left it there.

Not sure if it's just a coincindence but if you have a lot of purple/yellow engrams I'd be wary of cashing them all in the one session.

Got 310 Tecnaught (Titan helm ,which I still can't spell), Celestial Nighthawk, Stag, Jade Rabbit & Monte Carlo, which have really helped me rank up fast.

PetKing wrote: »
    I too would like to add thanks to Wonda, Cuhlcannon, Derek, Dermo, Wes, and muinteoir Redzer for my first raid last night. Ran it all in under 2.5 hours. Said before but jumping puzzles were the most difficult, my floaty warlock struggled at times. Golgoroth was grand once I had the guys technique down. Similar to Skolas, I'm a terror for not looking at timers on my screen, had the gaze and would panic about 1 second at everyone!! Sisters were easy enough. Oryx took a few attempts but we got him easy enough. Not happy with my machine gun for DPS on Oryx though, need to sort that. Got the pulse and hand cannon, and shiney new boots. Pushes me to 297, had hoped to hit 300. Although passing off stock to my alts has raised my hunter up 35 light to 280.

For a 1st attempt Petking you were pretty impressive fair play, I remember the very 1st time I did the oryx fight the screens is going mental and I was standing there under powered thinking WTF!!!!

So congrats, more then happy to help new lads wanting to do it....will more then likely be running fresh raids for the next 2 nights with my two other chars.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Lyudmila is same archetype, though weighted more towards range rather than stability. The FWC pulse rifle, the Vanity, is a yr 2 Hopscotch. Mine has almost max stability for med impact.

Might give the Vanity a shot but first I want to pick up the DO scout as the one I have was a drop with crappy perks. Hard to hold those marks when you have gear to level up.
    Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    For a 1st attempt Petking you were pretty impressive fair play, I remember the very 1st time I did the oryx fight the screens is going mental and I was standing there under powered thinking WTF!!!!

So congrats, more then happy to help new lads wanting to do it....will more then likely be running fresh raids for the next 2 nights with my two other chars.

I'd be interested in a spot later if available Wonda, so far I've reached the sisters but no successful take down.

dudeeile wrote: »
    Might give the Vanity a shot but first I want to pick up the DO scout as the one I have was a drop with crappy perks. Hard to hold those marks when you have gear to level up.

I'd be interested in a spot later if available Wonda, so far I've reached the sisters but no successful take down.

Yeah its very frustrating mate getting there and not doing it then trying to get a team together to run it again. I will help you tonite no probs mate I will drag the JOLLY BOYS FIRETEAM aswell and we lash her out of it. Best thing anyone can do is get the bag of ferrets (touch of malice) its just insane in the raid.

In fact I am online now in about 20 mins gonna try run a lunchtime fresh raid.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

oooh new mission on earth

• Registered Users Posts: 45,848 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Apparently linked to the Sleeper Simulant.... and i wasn't planning on playing destiny today! FECK

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

input 4 codes into the curious transceiver and now its broadcasting :S given me another quest called shadowcall on earth which seems to be singleplayer

frak

• Registered Users Posts: 45,848 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

AAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH STUPID WORK

Fresh Raid tonight on PS4 anyone? About 7pm(ish) start.

Will likely be doing a full sherpa run on Friday too as (having killed Oryx twice now) I feel like I've a decent grasp of the whole thing.

Last nights run at Oryx went much better since I'd gotten used to it last week, got some decent drops too.

Think there's still a better way of doing Golgoroth as opposed to 6 pool, 1 pool and 2 pool.
    Has anyone ever just tried doing a full 6 circle of pools going clockwise/counterclockwise with the gaze holders leap frogging each other?

1 Pool is definitely the worst technique - mitigating ageists possible f**k ups aside - for doing DPS and cause of extra mobs and probably wont be viable in Heroic mode

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,272 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Think there's still a better way of doing Golgoroth as opposed to 6 pool, 1 pool and 2 pool.
    Has anyone ever just tried doing a full 6 circle of pools going clockwise/counterclockwise with the gaze holders leap frogging each other?

Would be very difficult for the gaze holders, if the orbs aren't coming straight at you it can be very hard to deal with them, particularly at the side of the arena where you're a lot closer to Golgoroth.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement