Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,848 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Cormac... wrote: »
    Fresh Raid tonight on PS4 anyone? About 7pm(ish) start.

Will likely be doing a full sherpa run on Friday too as (having killed Oryx twice now) I feel like I've a decent grasp of the whole thing.

Last nights run at Oryx went much better since I'd gotten used to it last week, got some decent drops too.

Think there's still a better way of doing Golgoroth as opposed to 6 pool, 1 pool and 2 pool.
    Has anyone ever just tried doing a full 6 circle of pools going clockwise/counterclockwise with the gaze holders leap frogging each other?

1 Pool is definitely the worst technique - mitigating ageists possible f**k ups aside - for doing DPS and cause of extra mobs and probably wont be viable in Heroic mode

7pm or 8.30 after you've finished stuffing your face? ;-D

Won't be around tonight, got some passive aggressive comments from the other half last night so 3 hours or so playing it again tonight would not go down well!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Would be very difficult for the gaze holders, if the orbs aren't coming straight at you it can be very hard to deal with them, particularly at the side of the arena where you're a lot closer to Golgoroth.

I've been doing the gaze for the most part, seems that the best thing to do is have your LMG fully ready and get pretty close (distance wise) to Gologoroth and just slam his stomach as soon as the orbs pop out. Prevents those damn bouncy orbs, which on R3 and L3 pools are a bloody pain

6 pool is grand when you have 2 gaze-holders who know what's what but it does take a bit of practice and some groups don't want to wipe on Golgoroth like 6 times while we just perfect the system which is fair enough.

We were talking about this on chat and it's possible Hard Mode is going to have maybe a gaze cooldown, meaning having every need to take the gaze or some mechanic like that.

So just trying to prepare for all eventualities, kind of like we did against Crota (back when a lot of players were not doing it "Legit" and then found the patched mode quiet tricky)

7pm or 8.30 after you've finished stuffing your face? ;-D

Won't be around tonight, got some passive aggressive comments from the other half last night so 3 hours or so playing it again tonight would not go down well!

To be fair that whole VoG Praedyths thing and Boss Fight was a long ole daily. I couldn't rightly bail on the 2 lads.

Well it was a ~4 hour Raid to be fair..... we're spending far too much time pi$$ing around on Jumping Puzzles though. Might start to skip the jumping bits cause a lot of time can be lost there :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Hey lads, there was a new mission at the cosmodrome today. Had to go down into the warmind bunker and take on a load of Knights followed by a knight boss. He then dropped a legendary relic called a curious transponder. It seems I can input a pass code into this. Anyone hear about this mission?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Might start to skip the jumping bits cause a lot of time can be lost there :/

I think people are better off doing them. I am starting to get the hang of them now. I tend to screw up the first one or 2 attempts, as it can be hard to get the timing right on the floaty warlock jump.

Will be interesting to try its with a Hunter using bones of eao, when I get around to leveling that character up.

• Advertisement

V9 wrote: »
    Hey lads, there was a new mission at the cosmodrome today. Had to go down into the warmind bunker and take on a load of Knights followed by a knight boss. He then dropped a legendary relic called a curious transponder. It seems I can input a pass code into this. Anyone hear about this mission?

Reddit is 1st on the scene, seems Sleeper Simulant related:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3nti72/the_first_firewall_quest_available/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

The First Firewall Quest Available!

Reddit thread talking about it now.

Will have get a fire team together to try this, when I get home from work. I have to say that the secrets like this are great fun. I wish they did this kind of stuff in year 1. Hopefully we see them expand on this kind of thing in Destiny 2.

wes wrote: »
    I think people are better off doing them. I am starting to get the hang of them now. I tend to screw up the first one or 2 attempts, as it can be hard to get the timing right on the floaty warlock jump.

True i guess, if you don't try, you'll never learn, but my god, they are time sinks
    Will be interesting to try its with a Hunter using bones of eao, when I get around to leveling that character up.

10/10 Cormacs do not have :(

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,272 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

You don't need bones of Eao at all, just spec your nightstalker for agility (selecting invisibility smoke gives you a little extra agility too) and use triple jump. Once you get the hang of it you'll zip through the jump puzzles quicker than any of the floaty nincompoops.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

The only character I've got through the Hive ship jumpy bit is the Hunter with a triple jump. The others may be easier but I haven't the patience.
    My problem is I'm running with guys who've done it to death so my constantly failing on the second jump is infruiating everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Red Death makes it really easy to be a gaze taker. We always did the 2 gaze takers, 6 pools method but having done the 1 pool method last night its far far less risky.

AdamD wrote: »
    Red Death makes it really easy to be a gaze taker. We always did the 2 gaze takers, 6 pools method but having done the 1 pool method last night its far far less risky.

IF Only I'd thought of PvE before splurging on the Truth and Suros V2 at the Exotic Weapon machine :/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

IF Only I'd thought of PvE before splurging on the Truth and Suros V2 at the Exotic Weapon machine :/

Red Death's better than Suros v2 in PvP too unfortunately :P

Autos are still fairly useless imo

AdamD wrote: »
    Red Death's better than Suros v2 in PvP too unfortunately :P

Autos are still fairly useless imo

I expected so much more from V2 Suros with it's Spinning up perk.... but alas i was disappoint.

I'm too in love with Messenger to go back to ARS I think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Don't know ... I've been using the raid auto rifle in pvp a bit and it's the only place where it's useful (though using hunter with gunslingers trance helps stability).

Auto rifles really need to be used with their effective range in mind. Too far out and your damage drop off will get you killed. Too close and you'll be competing with fusion rifles or high ROF hand cannons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Steve - how'd you get on with the raid last night? Sorry that I jumped ship to the other team - I'd an early flight this morning so I had to be done before 10.

Did you get it done in the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Anyone staying to do the new Devils spire mission ? If you die you wipe , could do with a hand if anyone's around pls ?

Ok wasn't so bad in the end just 3 yellow wizards to deal with, panic averted

Supposedly once you finish all the work on the core and hand it in to the gunsmith, the trail goes cold, which is disappointing.

Steve - how'd you get on with the raid last night? Sorry that I jumped ship to the other team - I'd an early flight this morning so I had to be done before 10.

Turned over the sisters very easily. Oryx on the other hand was a horrible ****.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,272 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Turned over the sisters very easily. Oryx on the other hand was a horrible ****.

Didn't think we were going to beat it last night, got down to the last cycle so many times only for it to all fall apart out of nowhere. Oryx is usually the handy part with the random jumper selection at the daughters what usually holds us up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Deffo have the whole raid mechanics sorted now, so just streamlining it is the way to go. We had to whole thing licked in under 2.5hrs last night with 2 new lads.....and alot of that time was jumping puzzles etc. No stopping just powered through....

In fairness we use the L1 pool all the time, rinse and repeat method it only takes 3-4 goes....when the taken spawn we dont even bother killing them just power through taking out any floaters that get close. Works very well, harder raids might be a problem alright!

Still very dissapointed with the drops, only got a shottie for the whole raid last night from start to finish with multiple 3oC in effect too!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,091 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Deffo have the whole raid mechanics sorted now, so just streamlining it is the way to go. We had to whole thing licked in under 2.5hrs last night with 2 new lads.....and alot of that time was jumping puzzles etc.

Still very dissapointed with the drops, only got a shottie for the whole raid last night from start to finish with multiple 3oC in effect too!!!!

We did it in 1 hour 35 last night.

No wipes on the door or Warpriest, one wipe on Golgoroth, one on the Sisters when Bag got blown off the back of the map when slamming and did Oryx first time.

I died close to 20 times on the Dildo Wall :(

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Didn't think we were going to beat it last night, got down to the last cycle so many times only for it to all fall apart out of nowhere. Oryx is usually the handy part with the random jumper selection at the daughters what usually holds us up.

At least at Oryx you can choose who does the runner, unlike the sisters!!!

emmetkenny wrote: »

No wipes on the door or Warpriest, one wipe on Golgoroth, one on the Sisters when Bag got blown off the back of the map when slamming and did Oryx first time.

Sweet, Id say with the regular crew and no new guys we would be close to that also.

But in fairness its nice to bring in a few new lads that wanna try the raid with no pressure and without getting an earful if they mess up.

I have Noobzerker to thank for showing me the ropes.....good teacher but no PATIENCE!!!

Sweet, Id say with the regular crew and no new guys we would be close to that also.

But in fairness its nice to bring in a few new lads that wanna try the raid with no pressure and without getting an earful if they mess up.

I have Noobzerker to thank for showing me the ropes.....good teacher but no PATIENCE!!!

We could ave easily got it done in 20 minutes less without all the fecking about.

One of the lads last night didn't really know what he was doing but got on grand.

We were just saying that we are going to try for a sub 1 hour run shortly.

We could ave easily got it done in 20 minutes less without all the fecking about.

One of the lads last night didn't really know what he was doing but got on grand.

We were just saying that we are going to try for a sub 1 hour run shortly.

Best of luck with that!!!

Best of luck with that!!!

It should be doable. Just need to stop dying :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I'm having surgery on a leg and ankle fracture either tomorrow or Friday morning so will be laid up for the next few weeks. Wanna get doing this raid so if there's spots on any fresh runs where noobs are welcome bear me in mind for a spot!

Am at lvl 295 now with my Warlock and have watched videos so should be okay to go with a bit of guidance from people with experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

fair play, thats very quick. I think I read somewhere that a team has managed to do it flawless and it took them just over an hour, so under is certainly possible (for high level players:D)

• Advertisement

Just nabbed the last of the €299 PS4s from Argos on ebay.
    Both of the TTK PS4 bundles were sold out in Waterford, and any remaining ones in other stores went back up to the regular price, so no making a bit of money back by selling the Legendary edition.

Moving in about 10 days, so I might even be able to squeeze some Iron Banner in, once I get set up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement