Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

If the missus will let me on :o

I'll send you a message to let you know later. Cheers dude.

Missus is to OP. Must nerf now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭RTighe

Hi All,

Im usually on in the evenings for an hour, using a lvl 30 Titan current light level is 282, Open to help

Xbox one Tag is Russian8Ball

Just a warning, due to a hearing loss i dont use team chat, so if you want me to do something specific send me a msg.

Happy to help with anything or anyone,

as the expression goes, if it moves, kill it

All the Best

Rtighe / Russian8Ball

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Bohrio wrote: »
    That thing is a beast... one shots yellow knights like nothing...

To one fair I would expect that of using 1/6th of your Heavy Ammo usually :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Cormac... wrote:
    To one fair I would expect that of using 1/6th of your Heavy Ammo usually

It does? :o

PetKing wrote: »
    It does? :o

Yeah, it's a Heavy Fusion so as such uses 2 clips/mags of 3 shots each.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Cormac... wrote: »
    To one fair I would expect that of using 1/6th of your Heavy Ammo usually :p

Will having armour that allows you to carry more fusion rifle ammo boost the amount you can carry? I assume it will.

Can Porphy confirm how many rounds you get with and without the ammo boosting armour perk?

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭thegame983

Nice. I can faff about waiting for Warstats during the Ireland game tonight.

RTighe wrote: »
    Hi All,

Im usually on in the evenings for an hour, using a lvl 30 Titan current light level is 282, Open to help

Xbox one Tag is Russian8Ball

Just a warning, due to a hearing loss i dont use team chat, so if you want me to do something specific send me a msg.

Happy to help with anything or anyone,

as the expression goes, if it moves, kill it

All the Best

Rtighe / Russian8Ball

Mick used not to have a mike when we were running VOG back when it was new. We used to communicate by pointing at things/direction we needed him to go/do but he could still hear us but couldn't answer.

The only thing about Raids is you need to be able to talk things through to explain them. So if you cant do that you need to watch alot of youtube guides/read alot of strategies so you have a good idea of what's going on at every stage as sending a message in the middle of a Raid just isn't practical.

Saying that I'd be more than willing to help you run VOG or Crota at some stage if you haven't already done those.

Kings Fall might be more difficult as its new and not everyone is as familiar with it yet but it does require constant communication at every stage so that one might a little harder to bring you through at the moment.

You can add me GT is TitianGerm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Will having armour that allows you to carry more fusion rifle ammo boost the amount you can carry? I assume it will.

Can Porphy confirm how many rounds you get with and without the ammo boosting armour perk?

I get 7 rounds /shots without any heavy/fusion ammo perks...

I need to test it with fusion rifle or rocket launcher perks and see if it makes a difference or not.

Bear in mind that while I was doing the daily, I took down crotas souls with 3-4 shots if I am not mistaken (mine is a 298) and I was standing at the entrance so pretty far away.

I use to need the same amount of gallahorns (I think it was 3ish?)

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭RTighe

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Mick used not to have a mike when we were running VOG back when it was new. We used to communicate by pointing at things/direction we needed him to go/do but he could still hear us but couldn't answer.

The only thing about Raids is you need to be able to talk things through to explain them. So if you cant do that you need to watch alot of youtube guides/read alot of strategies so you have a good idea of what's going on at every stage as sending a message in the middle of a Raid just isn't practical.

Saying that I'd be more than willing to help you run VOG or Crota at some stage if you haven't already done those.

Kings Fall might be more difficult as its new and not everyone is as familiar with it yet but it does require constant communication at every stage so that one might a little harder to bring you through at the moment.

You can add me GT is TitianGerm

Nah thats perfect, I usually have a look at what the initial raid is, go off and have a look and catch up on the stages,

The only problem i had was that the volume is too low at times and its made the gameplay a bit frustrating for me and others,

I've never even finish VOG as a result of the above reason!

I'll prob go and invest in some ear pieces and see how they compare with others on the market,

Many thanks for the info, hopefully i'll be able to contribute some how in the future plays

RTighe

• Advertisement

RTighe wrote: »
    Nah thats perfect, I usually have a look at what the initial raid is, go off and have a look and catch up on the stages,

The only problem i had was that the volume is too low at times and its made the gameplay a bit frustrating for me and others,

I've never even finish VOG as a result of the above reason!

I'll prob go and invest in some ear pieces and see how they compare with others on the market,

Many thanks for the info, hopefully i'll be able to contribute some how in the future plays

RTighe

Happy to lend a hand whenever I'm on also. GT is SteveDPirate.

VOG and CE shouldn't be too difficult. I ran King's Fall for the first time earlier this week and it was very involved for all Fireteam members compared to the first 2 raids.

Bohrio wrote: »
    I get 7 rounds /shots without any heavy/fusion ammo perks...

I need to test it with fusion rifle or rocket launcher perks and see if it makes a difference or not.

Bear in mind that while I was doing the daily, I took down crotas souls with 3-4 shots if I am not mistaken (mine is a 298) and I was standing at the entrance so pretty far away.

I use to need the same amount of gallahorns (I think it was 3ish?)

Thanks man. Had a quick dig for info while in work. Current armour apparently does not boost reserve ammo for the Sleeper, but......

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3nyse5/old_armor_pieces_that_give_more_heavy_ammo_bring/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Happy to lend a hand whenever I'm on also. GT is SteveDPirate.

VOG and CE shouldn't be too difficult. I ran King's Fall for the first time earlier this week and it was very involved for all Fireteam members compared to the first 2 raids.

How do the original raids stack up against CE and VOG , puzzle wise compared to Kings Fall ? I'd like at some point to do them, just to tick them off the list :)

syboit wrote: »
    How do the original raids stack up against CE and VOG , puzzle wise compared to Kings Fall ? I'd like at some point to do them, just to tick them off the list :)

Kings Fall
    VOG
    Crota

That's my ranking of the three raids so far.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,269 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

It's funny, King's Fall probably requires more team work than the other two (VoG is close but you can get away with a few passengers) and is more enjoyable over all imo but it also feels a good bit easier than the other two raids were when they first came out. The best thing about King's Fall is everyone has to pull their weight to certain extent, whereas the older raids you could get away with a few folks being carried or even doing a lot of it on your own in the case of Crota.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I think CE is really underrated. It definitely doesn't help that most people cheesed the bridge which was the best encounter in that raid and still one of the best encounters on Destiny.

King's Fall is good but something about it just lacks the intensity of the other raids. You seem to wipe due to idiotic mistakes rather than any actual difficulty, which doesn't exactly give as much excitement when you're essentially hoping somebody doesn't mess up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

AdamD wrote: »
    I think CE is really underrated. It definitely doesn't help that most people cheesed the bridge which was the best encounter in that raid and still one of the best encounters on Destiny.

King's Fall is good but something about it just lacks the intensity of the other raids. You seem to wipe due to idiotic mistakes rather than any actual difficulty, which doesn't exactly give as much excitement when you're essentially hoping somebody doesn't mess up.

Let's see what comes with hard mode. :)
    I think KF definitely becomes easier when you're all over 300 light. We ripped Oryx a new one in crazy fast time the other night, whereas on our first few attempts to clear the raid we couldn't even stagger him.

Nothing has changed apart from our light levels (as in we adopted the same strategy for firing on Oryx - but now we're using 300+ light gear).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Its worth remembering too that most people are very skilled at encounters and equipping for such now too. I was blown away when I started playing again and lads were swapping out armour and weapons for different stages etc, I was struggling away with the odd legendary and exotic helm I'd picked up before the release of the dark below.

Its worth remembering too that most people are very skilled at encounters and equipping for such now too. I was blown away when I started playing again and lads were swapping out armour and weapons for different stages etc, I was struggling away with the odd legendary and exotic helm I'd picked up before the release of the dark below.

There are a lot of collectors in this forum! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

There are a lot of collectors in this forum! :pac:

lol, yeah, It was like a different language. "ah, i'll just thrown on bad juju, hand for the thralls, no need to reload with the string of curses". cue silence from me :D

Plus, I had to go to google to figure out what people were on about when they were saying things like "adds, dps, proc" I hadn't a notion, (and still don't for the most part)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Funny one but when I logged in last night I got a screen like the image attached, basically looking for me to buy TTK. Today I get a pop up at the bottom telling me I have leveled as high as possible in the trial version. Anything like that happen to anyone else? Xbox one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

VOG is still my favourite but I haven't had an Oryx kill yet. I still enjoy Crota but it has became to easy since lvl 34, even if you die the team will generally carry on.

I'd have to pick staying down for the oracles, always a great laugh even on normal.

Was lucky enough to have a go at Oryz last night with the Jolly Boys but no success as it pushed late. You really need your light level up at the 300 mark, I was 296 and I had to use a heavy machine gun to take down the ogres and just couldn't keep ammo in that or my sniper and I don't think I was helping with Oryx damage either. Thanks for the run though, it was nice to get a look in anyways.
    ibFoxer wrote: »
    Funny one but when I logged in last night I got a screen like the image attached, basically looking for me to buy TTK. Today I get a pop up at the bottom telling me I have leveled as high as possible in the trial version. Anything like that happen to anyone else? Xbox one.

Yea got that on ps last night, just swapped character and all was good.

lol, yeah, It was like a different language. "ah, i'll just thrown on bad juju, hand for the thralls, no need to reload with the string of curses". cue silence from me :D

Plus, I had to go to google to figure out what people were on about when they were saying things like "adds, dps, proc" I hadn't a notion, (and still don't for the most part)

Haha. There's a lot of rpg terms that have crept into this game. You pick them up the more you play.

There are some very interesting builds with different gear. That Bad Juju + Obsidian Mind Voidwalker combo was a lot of fun!! I think Supercell + Nightstalker is the the Year 2 version of this. I've found that orb generation is much more frequent with the new subclasses/gear, and with the right combination you can spam the crap out of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Just gonna log in on ps now if anyone has the warsat stuff to do.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,269 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

ibFoxer wrote: »

Had the same thing last night too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Aye I had trouble with "proc" for awhile. I thought it was Generics Cork accent and he was actually calling me a "prick"

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭thegame983

Haha. There's a lot of rpg terms that have crept into this game. You pick them up the more you play.

There are some very interesting builds with different gear. That Bad Juju + Obsidian Mind Voidwalker combo was a lot of fun!! I think Supercell + Nightstalker is the the Year 2 version of this. I've found that orb generation is much more frequent with the new subclasses/gear, and with the right combination you can spam the crap out of them.

How does the nightstalker + supercell combo work? cause I'm loving the supercell right now. Wouldn't mind min maxing that mo fo

Aye I had trouble with "proc" for awhile. I thought it was Generics Cork accent and he was actually calling me a "prick"

Pfffft, more like a Northen Ireland accent, wrong end of the country buddy!

"Aye would ye sthap it ye wee Proc"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Mickeroo wrote: »
    You're not guaranteed a Warsat though, particularly on Mars. moon and Earth are fairly reliable for Warsas at Skywatch and Archer's Line. I ended up having 6 Eliminate Target events in a row on Mars, then I went off to do a raid.

I did it today and everything was perfect as per website....it never says you are deffo gonna get a warsat, it tells you that there is a possibility of 2 or 3 depending on area. I got them all in about 30 mins using it....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

dudeeile wrote: »
    VOG is still my favourite but I haven't had an Oryx kill yet. I still enjoy Crota but it has became to easy since lvl 34, even if you die the team will generally carry on.

I'd have to pick staying down for the oracles, always a great laugh even on normal.

Was lucky enough to have a go at Oryz last night with the Jolly Boys but no success as it pushed late. You really need your light level up at the 300 mark, I was 296 and I had to use a heavy machine gun to take down the ogres and just couldn't keep ammo in that or my sniper and I don't think I was helping with Oryx damage either. Thanks for the run though, it was nice to get a look in anyways.

Yea got that on ps last night, just swapped character and all was good.

Madness we did not get him last night, even with 2 new guys we should have got him. But it was late and peeps were tired.....Deffo need a 310 1000 yard stare for Oggi's.

Will finish him tonight mate for sure!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement