Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Madness we did not get him last night, even with 2 new guys we should have got him. But it was late and peeps were tired.....Deffo need a 310 1000 yard stare for Oggi's.

Will finish him tonight mate for sure!

You deffo don't need a 310 1000 yard stare. You shoot your own and the guy directly across from you shoots at it as well then both of you turn and shoot the other guys. Also helps to have a guy free in the middle to get a few shots off on the first and third orge to spawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,847 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

got the sleeper simulant stuff from yesterday done - have to wait til tomorrow for the S.A.B.R.E strike (or at least I hope that is the case as it isn't popping for me yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,458 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

got the sleeper simulant stuff from yesterday done - have to wait til tomorrow for the S.A.B.R.E strike (or at least I hope that is the case as it isn't popping for me yet.

You have to go to the tower first and see Banshee. Then the quest pops up. It's very easy.

You have to go to the tower first and see Banshee. Then the quest pops up. It's very easy.

the 290 strike?

I handed in the infused thingymebob to the gunsmith after doing the warsat stuff, and then.... nothing. Had heard i would have to wait to the reset tomorrow for the strike to pop for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Not sure if you know guys but I just had the sleeper simulant quest pop up on my xbox, I am doing it so far without any issues. I got the last devlin this morning. You dont need to get them all with the same character, on PS I got them all on different ones (as far as I can remember)

Also, I noticed on PS4 after I got mine it also appear on my other 2 classes... not sure if they have triggered the event again today?

Thought it was only gonna be yesterday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

SEVENTH COLUMN!!!! as promised :P

Cormac... wrote: »

Mayhem and a tiny map really make it that little bit easier.

7th column without firing a bullet.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Mayhem and a tiny map really make it that little bit easier.

7th column without firing a bullet.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,602 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Shotgun shot package is dead, long live shot package :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

emmetkenny wrote: »
    You deffo don't need a 310 1000 yard stare. You shoot your own and the guy directly across from you shoots at it as well then both of you turn and shoot the other guys. Also helps to have a guy free in the middle to get a few shots off on the first and third orge to spawn.

Closest with HMG and furthest away with sniper, then on to the next ogre. You don't need the last guy to stay on his platform to get the relic so you can have one extra either side helping with ogres.

Somebody was talking about the 6 orb tactic for Golgoroth earlier. That's what we do. It's handy enough but there's a bit of work to do for the gaze holders.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,269 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I did it today and everything was perfect as per website....it never says you are deffo gonna get a warsat, it tells you that there is a possibility of 2 or 3 depending on area. I got them all in about 30 mins using it....

I used it too, Earth and moon took no time at all, Mars took an hour and a half. You had good luck I had bad luck pretty much. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Closest with HMG and furthest away with sniper, then on to the next ogre. You don't need the last guy to stay on his platform to get the relic so you can have one extra either side helping with ogres.

Somebody was talking about the 6 orb tactic for Golgoroth earlier. That's what we do. It's handy enough but there's a bit of work to do for the gaze holders.

I use to do the 6 orb tactic for golgo but I found doing 1 at a time (this means, shoot one orb, DPS and then jump out before the gaze time is over, then clear adds, and repeat the process) is more effective or at least safer, specially if you are playing with randoms as it doesnt require as much coordination.

Also bear in mind that if you do the 1 orb strategy you will have 1 person doing the gaze and a 5 people DPS team (instead of 3 as there is 1 less gazer and there is no need to have 1 person clearing adds), also you get more DPS time per orb (you dont have to worry about breaking the next one). If you time it right, you can get him down in 3 orbs. It gives more room for mistakes so handy if you have never played with the others and you are worry that they might not coordinate well.

Finally got time to level up on Xbox. I reached ~290 today on both my titan and hunter. My warlock will have to wait until next week as it is only 270 so I will be ready for some raiding after I come back from my holidays...

Looking forward to that ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Bet that helped with Jolly Holiday :D

Stormcaller is so underpowered :D

dudeeile wrote: »
    Bet that helped with Jolly Holiday :D

That quest drove me spare.... got to the stage where I was just hiding like a coward between supers.

As you can see the 7th Column actually completed that quest step, thank god :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

What loadouts were you all using for the PvP leg of the Jolly Holiday quest. Can't see myself actually completing it but will give it a bash at some point.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    What loadouts were you all using for the PvP leg of the Jolly Holiday quest. Can't see myself actually completing it but will give it a bash at some point.
    • Found Verdict
    • BTRD
    • Stormcaller (since Sunsinger even with Radiant Skin will get one-shotted, and Voidwalker will only ever get 1 - or 2 if you're lucky - kills per use)
    • Tier 5 Intellect, Electrostatic Mind, Transcendence, Amplitude, The Impossible Machines Exotic
    • Hiding like a wuss

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,269 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Along with TLW I just used my usual Sniper (1000 Yard Stare at the moment) and sword (though I think I switched over to a rocket launcher in some matches). Used Nightstalker subclass. I'd say outside of TLW just use the same weapons/subclass you always would and only use TLW in hipfire at close range. If it feels like you're going to have a bad match after the first couple of minutes change your primary to something else.

So it's Skullfort, Claws of Amkhara, knucklehead radar, heavy Weapon Legacy Engram and Gauntlet engram.

nothing of interest for me with Xur this week - will save my coins for next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

nothing of interest for me with Xur this week - will save my coins for next week.

Hey sorry a newb question!
    How do you find Xur? Are all his weapons for Level 40s?

Are you not investing heavily in 3OCs? That's where most of my money is going. Although that said I bought so many last week I still have about 60 of them.

DeclanRe wrote: »
    Hey sorry a newb question!
    How do you find Xur? Are all his weapons for Level 40s?

He spawns each week in a random part of the Tower or Outpost.

Pro-tip : check to make sure the clocks haven't gone back an hour beforehand

Are you not investing heavily in 3OCs? That's where most of my money is going. Although that said I bought so many last week I still have about 60 of them.

Not this week. Getting married Friday next week so I reckon I won't have much time on Destiny this week to use many of them, nor to build up much of a new rile of strange coins - so I'll keep what I have incase there is something nice for sale next week.

Gonna miss two weeks of Xur after Friday week though, bet he sells EVERYTHING i want to buy those two weeks. The worm faced git.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

I'll take the hunter hat and stock up on 3OC's. He's being rightly stingy with the weapons.

PetKing wrote: »
    I'll take the hunter hat and stock up on 3OC's. He's being rightly stingy with the weapons.

I suppose there isn't many he can sell. How many weapons from TTK are not tied to quests, are character specific or console exclusive? Could he sell a quest item? Simulant, for example? I imagine he is fairly tied to the Year 2 versions of the Year 1 exotics.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

From this week's Xur thread on reddit.

piQbZJz.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Int/Disc Knucklehead will be nice. Nothing else of interest though

Don't think I'll be picking up anything this week. Nothing great there really.

• Advertisement

Might take a chance on a few gauntlet engrams for my titan, all he has at the moment are No Back Up Plans, other than that will just blow everything on three of coins again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement