Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Got 310 impossible machines from Legendary Gauntlets last night :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Luke Smith made a GREAT Point on that video a few pages back.

Make sure to check the Exotic Armour/Weapon Machine BEFORE Buying and Decrypting Engrams.

Why? Well aside from Legacy Engrams, they will all decode as Year 2 Exotics. And you might actually have it already.

For example, there are only 2 Warlock Year 2 Exotics: Claws of Ahamkara and Impossible Machines (Nothing Manacles and Sunbreakers are year 1 only)

So if you already have those 2, not point in continuing to buy and/or decrypt Gaunlet Engrams on your Warlock.

It sounds stupid, but honestly lads, I must have fgotten 4 Exotic Gauntlets after those 2 trying to Roll either 1) a Year 2 version of Year 1, or 2) A brand new exotic which didn't exist.

Same goes for example Huneters. They only have 1 year 2 Exotic Crest of Alpha Lupi.

Obviously maybe you want a 310 version or a better stat role, but if you're like me and trying to catch them all...... well, be wide!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,847 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Wait - so the character your buy/decrypt an engram on decides the character of the item produced? I thought it was random. I think i was just getting lucky/unlucly.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

It is random it's just that it seems to decrypt to the character you are using much more than it used to. I've been decrypting stuff on my 300 Titan all week and have got stuff for the other two although primarily it has decrypted as Titan stuff.
    Unless they mean if you buy it from Xur and immediately decrypt. The ones I decrypted came from 3OCs

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,269 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Wait - so the character your buy/decrypt an engram on decides the character of the item produced? I thought it was random. I think i was just getting lucky/unlucly.

It is random but it's heavily weighted towards the character doing the decrypting, so the majority of stuff you get will be for them.

• Advertisement

Some 50 Engrams Laters I can safely say it's a 75% chance it will decrypt to an Exotic for the Class you are using

Cormac... wrote: »
    Some 50 Engrams Laters I can safely say it's a 75% chance it will decrypt to an Exotic for the Class you are using

Well, feck. No wonder I have so many Warlock helms:D:o:(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Well, feck. No wonder I have so many Warlock helms:D:o:(

I'm the same. Might stand beside Xur and sell some Titan Helms for 7 coins.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Bought 3 gaunlets today, and 2 decrypted into impossible machines and one was 310 version, so happy days, and got 310 gaunlets for my Titan.

So my level 25 Titan now has a 310 exotic helmet and gauntlets. Not to shabby at all. Will have to get around to leveling up my other characters one of these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Great tip.

• Advertisement

^ I thought everyone was doing that TBH.

Burning armour / guns after using bounties and Motes of Light is giving me a grand sum of ~150 Marks per week (instead of 90 marks)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,269 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Looks like they might have added a few more exotics to the loot pool since Twilight Garrison has started showing up from chest engrams.

So here's what I ended up doing for Armour (and Weapons too fwiw) to decide which engrams to decode on which Characters

Grey = Year 1 ONLY
    Red = Do Not Have Y2 Version
    Green = Have Year 2 Version and it's 310
    White = Have Year 2 Version NOT 310

POgszZx.jpg?1

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Looks like they might have added a few more exotics to the loot pool since Twilight Garrison has started showing up from chest engrams.

Guess I should add that to the list now so :P

Any sign of the following yet?:

http://planetdestiny.com/y2-exotic-armor-review/

Warlock Helm: Astrocyte Verse
    Warlock Gauntlets: Ophidian Aspect
    Warlock Boots: Transversive Steps
    Titan Gauntlets: Thagomizers
    Titan Boots: Dunemarchers
    Hunter Chest: ATS/8 Tarantella
    Hunter Gauntlets: Shinobu’s Vow
    Hunter Boots: Fr0st-EE5

• Registered Users Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

^ I thought everyone was doing that TBH.

Burning armour / guns after using bounties and Motes of Light is giving me a grand sum of ~150 Marks per week (instead of 90 marks)

My turn to be honest. I thought you had to turn the icons blue didn't know that a full green circle was enough.

My turn to be honest. I thought you had to turn the icons blue didn't know that a full green circle was enough.

Full green circle was always enough when doing things like dismantling blues for extra weapon parts (6 instead of 3 or whatever).
    I guess there's just so much info that people take for granted that it's still good to call it out

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

Any interest in a fresh raid tonight lads?

A friend wants to give it a go later so if anyone else wants to join or any experienced heads want to lend a hand, all welcome... Aiming to kick things off around nine. Usual casual Friday night rules apply.. singing, dancing, whatever

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

CDBWhoop wrote: »
    Any interest in a fresh raid tonight lads?

A friend wants to give it a go later so if anyone else wants to join or any experienced heads want to lend a hand, all welcome... Aiming to kick things off around nine. Usual casual Friday night rules apply.. singing, dancing, whatever

I'm up for it if there's a space. Have experience with the parts of the raid up as far as Warpriest. 297 Warlock so should be able for the rest of it at this stage too.

PSN = Totzire1

If I am on around 9 and you still need someone I will bring my hunter along, have it done on the titan and warlock this week (have done it on my hunter previously). May only get on for enough time to play the 42 SABRE strike though.

Might be going to the pub so not sure yet

• Advertisement

I'm up for it if there's a space. Have experience with the parts of the raid up as far as Warpriest. 297 Warlock so should be able for the rest of it at this stage too.

PSN = Totzire1

Sound. If we can get a full fireteam we'll give it a shot and see how we get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

Sound. If we can get a full fireteam we'll give it a shot and see how we get on.

I should be up for joining with my lock. What time? 9 - ish?

Nice one. We'll say 9 -ish but if you're on a bit later or whatever we'll hold on.

Typical of this game, everything I decrypt on my hunter largely gives me hunter gear bar the really rare exception and as Cormac pointed out earlier he had roughly 75% hit rate, so went to try and get some decent gauntlets for the titan, got him to 300 before decrypting anything for a chance at 310 gear. Ended up with two 310 impossible machines, a 290 Don't Touch Me and 290 ruin wings! :o

Happy enough with the impossible machines as I didn't have them yet but one would have been enough, at least I can use it to infuse other stuff I suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

Nice one. We'll say 9 -ish but if you're on a bit later or whatever we'll hold on.

I'll be on as soon as I get in from work. Just want to make sure I am fed before kicking off the raid. I'll be there.

Does anyone need to do the Shield Brothers strike where you kill the guys with Shotguns for the Chaperone?

I have it left to do but don't want to do it with randoms cause I believe I have to get the killing blow

Does anyone need to do the Shield Brothers strike where you kill the guys with Shotguns for the Chaperone?

I have it left to do but don't want to do it with randoms cause I believe I have to get the killing blow

You don't have to get the killing blow as long as whoever kills them does so with a shotgun, should be grand to do it with randoms.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭thegame983

I'll be up for that if you have space for 1 more. Got up to Warpriest with my main, but will run fresh with an alt 295 character if you guys still have space.

I'll be on from around 7pm tonight so I'll keep an eye on the chat/community page

Best way of Farming Dreadnaught Chests (for Radium Flakes) anyone?

I am still rocking a purple sword and need a tonne of the stuff to get exotic scours and upgrade my touch of malice

• Advertisement

Best way of Farming Dreadnaught Chests (for Radium Flakes) anyone?

I am still rocking a purple sword and need a tonne of the stuff to get exotic scours and upgrade my touch of malice

Keen scout perk on hunter is the best thing really, otherwise just keep doing circuits of the first area on the dreadnought checking the caves/rooms and keeping an eye out for any chests.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement