Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Good man, I'll be on from 8ish myself for a few hours... Hopefully my mic will work properly this time!

Your joke was bad and you should feel bad :P
    I'll be around tonight too if you still need a hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Cormac... wrote: »
    To be fair we'd been at the whole Raid for like 7+ hours on Saturday and I was pi$$ed drunk by Oryx :pac:

Poor Cuhlcannon. I'd be surprised if he does that raid with the Hunter again.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Lads,

Anyone know the cheapest place to pick up Destiny for the PS4?
    So far I have the following prices:

New:
    Gamestop: 29.99
    Xtravision: 24.99
    Argos: 29.99

Second Hand:
    Gamestop: 24.99
    CEX: 24.99

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭thegame983

Hi guys. Any kind souls want to help out 3 or 4 of us who have the Oryx checkpoint at some stage tonight?

We've got the mechanics down, but we're just struggling to finish (!).

It would be much appreciated. Would really like to get this done before the reset tomorrow.

we're gonna be on froma round 7:30pm and I'll post in the chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

jonny24ie wrote: »

Don't bother buying the Vanilla base game, you'll only be stung twice if you enjoy the game and want the extra content.

Download the free demo and play that. If you like it, get the full Legendary Edition. Otherwise you'll pay for a lot of content twice

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,269 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Lads,

So far I have the following prices:

New:
    Gamestop: 29.99
    Xtravision: 24.99
    Argos: 29.99

Second Hand:
    Gamestop: 24.99
    CEX: 24.99

I'm guessing those prices are for the base game only? You need to be buying the legendary edition as the the game is pretty pointless without the new DLC unless you just want to play the campaign and then trade it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Poor Cuhlcannon. I'd be surprised if he does that raid with the Hunter again.

He managed to get through both jumping puzzles at least, which is more than can be said about me and my Warlock

I wouldn't mind tackling Oryx if anyone is about during the week.

Bought a new controller and decent headset yesterday so have no excuses

In fairness though, 7 hours from start to Oryx was good enough for me considering it was my first run!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Thanks guys, looking on adverts for the full game now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Don't buy a second hand copy of the Legendary Edition. I don't think the DLC is on the disc. They come as codes in the box, and the previous owner will more than likely have used them.

^ Whats Steve Said, either buy it NEW in a Bricks and Mortor shop, or online on PSN (Digital Legendary Edition)

The Demo won't cost you jack and contains like 1/3 of the base game btw :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

legendary edition works out at 60 euros on shopto.com

look back a few pages as well, someone posted a good deal on it not too far back.

I got an unopened edition with the taken king etc for 40 delivered on adverts :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,566 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

i want to get back to playing this, but I only have the basic edition, I bought the one with the season pass with the 2 extensions , but never applied the code, and it's now out of date :o:o

will buying the taken king include all the extra stuff ? or what do i need to buy ? I don't know why i stopped playing as i enjoyed it. RIP loot cave

He managed to get through both jumping puzzles at least, which is more than can be said about me and my Warlock

I wouldn't mind tackling Oryx if anyone is about during the week.

Bought a new controller and decent headset yesterday so have no excuses

In fairness though, 7 hours from start to Oryx was good enough for me considering it was my first run!

Balanced glide is the way to go lad. Although it was funny watching your name tag float a little to left and just drop straight down.

2smiggy wrote: »
    i want to get back to playing this, but I only have the basic edition, I bought the one with the season pass with the 2 extensions , but never applied the code, and it's now out of date :o:o

will buying the taken king include all the extra stuff ? or what do i need to buy ? I don't know why i stopped playing as i enjoyed it. RIP loot cave

Taken King is 40 on its own i think?

If thats the case theres a few copies of the legendary edition on adverts that are unopened for around the €40 mark, buy one of them and trade your current copy into CEX to save a few quid.

I got an unopened edition with the taken king etc for 40 delivered on adverts :)

Ocean's Eleven would have struggled to pull off that heist. Fair play.

Ocean's Eleven would have struggled to pull off that heist. Fair play.

Thanks man, I think I was just a lucky SOD, didnt want to spend €80 on it so getting it for €40 im delighted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,602 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Thanks man, I think I was just a lucky SOD, didnt want to spend €80 on it so getting it for €40 im delighted :)

A good few selling it for a reasonable price who got it with the €300 PS4 deal Argos had 2 weeks ago.

2smiggy wrote: »
    will buying the taken king include all the extra stuff ? or what do i need to buy ?

Nope, you will need to buy tDB and HoW expansions seperately, my advice, sell/trade your vanilla disc and get the full Legendary Edition in shop or online

Can someone Explain Like I'm 5 years old how to do the 1-Exotic Sword Quest = 3 Exotics Swords on 1 character thingy?

Currently I have 3 swords, 1 of which is 281+ and I'm on the stager now where I have to get 50 Major and 25 Guardian Kills

The other 2 swords are fresh out of the box (220, upgrade nodes unlocked but not filled)

What should I be doing ion what order? If you were explaining this to a total sword-moron that is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Can you even get three swords in one character? I thought you only get one on each

Can you even get three swords in one character? I thought you only get one on each

There is at least 1 Quest Step you can skip fwiw..... I will await further details

Can someone Explain Like I'm 5 years old how to do the 1-Exotic Sword Quest = 3 Exotics Swords on 1 character thingy?

Currently I have 3 swords, 1 of which is 281+ and I'm on the stager now where I have to get 50 Major and 25 Guardian Kills

The other 2 swords are fresh out of the box (220, upgrade nodes unlocked but not filled)

What should I be doing ion what order? If you were explaining this to a total sword-moron that is

El Senior probably knows. I do know he was trying for 2 swords with the 1 stone.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,269 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Transfer the swords to your main character, when you ascend them to 280+ and fully level them you'll unlock the step in the quest after the crucible one I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

Do the 50 major and 25 guardian kills on the character that has it.

I finished out the questline on that character and got my exotic sword. (not sure if this is necessary or not).

Then transfer the legendary sword over to that character. Upgrade it (and bring it to over 280?).

You will then skip the 50 major and 25 guardian kills and go straight to the ability kills and material farming step.

Then have some cookies and milk and have yourself a nice nap.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Just be sure to do the quest on the sword you want NOT the character. I made the mistake of thinking you can pick whatever sword you want at the end!!!! So I just started on my titan with the ****ING void sword......OMFG!!!!

Do not pick the void sword with the titan...as the only ability he has is the grenade that is piss poor for getting the 500 ability kills. Plus getting relic crystals on mars is a NIGHTMARE also. If its void you want use a different class.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Do not pick the void sword with the titan

Too late :(

Well that is I originally picked the 220 Void Sword on the Titan, can I move the quest around at this early stage?

Will be on tonite again for a raid if anyone is short....roll on Tues for 3 fresh ones.

Too late :(

Ohhh **** man, well I only finished it and its mental. Best advice is to use the middle grenade on the defender subclass, the one that explodes twice not the candle one that burns purple (they are both void TRUST ME)

Head to the mission on the moon at the temple of Crota with the guardian down and ghost says we have woken the hive and all the trolls rush out! (cant remember name)

Throw the nade at the door just as they run out not before as you get the 1st lot and then the 2nd lot. Then a pair of gauntlets with grenade energy with melee and when nade is full die and go again from checkpoint!

• Advertisement

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Ohhh **** man.....

Yeah f**k that, I'll see if some genius on Reddit has figured out something that'll make that easier, that sounds like the negative craic

EDIT: Ok, I'm not totally screwed, apparently I can do all 3 swords on my Warlock now, thank f**k. Though that last Sunless Cell strike with 3 Wardens is gonna be fun i'd say

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3og44a/daily_thread_mentor_monday/cvwxbzm
    Step 1: Complete the 50 major and 25 guardian kills for your first sword. You should now be on the ability kills and materials farming step on your first quest.
    Step 2: Obtain your other two elemental swords on your other characters if you haven't done so already.
    Step 3: Move the two other swords over to the character that has completed the Major/PvP kills. Level up the swords with motes and infuse them past 280. When you unlock the final node on your other swords, Shaxx will give you the exotic sword quest on the materials collecting / ability step for that sword.
    Step 4: Do all your farming and ability kills for all three quests, which you will now have three of in your menu.
    Step 5: Wait until Armsday of that week.
    Step 6: Do the Sunless Cell strike, making sure that all 3 wardens die within 30 seconds of the boss, since you are doing all three swords.
    Step 7: Have all 3 swords in one go.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement