Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,458 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Ohhh **** man, well I only finished it and its mental. Best advice is to use the middle grenade on the defender subclass, the one that explodes twice not the candle one that burns purple (they are both void TRUST ME)

Head to the mission on the moon at the temple of Crota with the guardian down and ghost says we have woken the hive and all the trolls rush out! (cant remember name)

Throw the nade at the door just as they run out not before as you get the 1st lot and then the 2nd lot. Then a pair of gauntlets with grenade energy with melee and when nade is full die and go again from checkpoint!

That's the best way alright. I would let them swarm me in the doorway before dropping the grenade. Typically 2-3% per death. Absolutely **** part of the quest though. Strongly suggest Nightstalker for the mats farming if possible, or get someone to help you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I have done the sunless cell strike for 2 swords and its ****in mental hard.....as not only are the 2 knights with the swords you have the electric knight booming AND the main boss.....good luck doing it for 3!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Helpful Raid Drop Table

http://imgur.com/oBFmdtl

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

anyone on for a raid tonight before the reset?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

The amount of people on Reddit creating "Bungie please make this Emote" and then tons of "I'd buy it / throw money at the screen" comments is getting ludicrous. Hopefully these cash laden lambs to the slaughter can finance the game for the rest of us sensible people. 1 HILARIOUS emote for Free, fair enough.... many real-money emotes? F**K that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭stevoslice

Tip for defenders who picked the Void Edge Sword.

Siege of the Warmind farming run + Max discipline + Armamentarium.

I also had a helm that gave back grenade energy on melee, and use monte carlo if you've got it (I didn't)
    Was getting between 3-6% every run, honestly took way less time than i thought!
    Cormac... wrote: »
    The amount of people on Reddit creating "Bungie please make this Emote" and then tons of "I'd buy it / throw money at the screen" comments is getting ludicrous. Hopefully these cash laden lambs to the slaughter can finance the game for the rest of us sensible people. 1 HILARIOUS emote for Free, fair enough.... many real-money emotes? F**K that

I've been using the 'reddit is fun' app to filter out all of the suggestion posts. It is glorious.

Preview of some of the new emotes, courtesy of Datto, and MoreConsole.

Probably some more on other channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

So you'll all think I'm a little bit mad but yeah only 16 hours into the dlc and haven't really been paying attention other than playing getting the light level to 40, few strikes etc..

Anyway finally figured out the quest stuff. After completing a part of one there with some platforms stuff and the a boss. Not easy but fun.

Now I see the depth in the dlc. Loads to do when you look at the quest stuff.

Is it worth it though?

Looks like I've done a few parts of the taken war on Venus and path of a striker without really noticing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

So you'll all think I'm a little bit mad but yeah only 16 hours into the dlc and haven't really been paying attention other than playing getting the light level to 40, few strikes etc..

Anyway finally figured out the quest stuff. After completing a part of one there with some platforms stuff and the a boss. Not easy but fun.

Now I see the depth in the dlc. Loads to do when you look at the quest stuff.

Is it worth it though?

Looks like I've done a few parts of the taken war on Venus and path of a striker without really noticing.

I've 40 hours put into it and am still finding stuff , and have only played the bare minimum of crucible. It's more like a new game than an expansion.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,458 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Yay, who wants things like mapable ammo synths, being able to see what activities your friends are doing easily or an increased glimmer cap?

Emotes, ****ing sweet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I've 40 hours put into it and am still finding stuff , and have only played the bare minimum of crucible. It's more like a new game than an expansion.

Glad it's not just me so.

I don't know how I managed solo whatever boss it was I did last night but I now understand why people were asking for help on such and such a quest thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Preview of some of the new emotes, courtesy of Datto, and MoreConsole.

Probably some more on other channels.

What those two don't show is probably the best emote ever programmed. The Carlton. They are bringing The Carlton dance emote to Destiny. Where's my free silver???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I'm currently Light Level 291 and have been for a week or so. Nothing is decoding for me now with higher light than the items I already have.

Is 291 high enough for the new Raid? I haven't had a chance to join in any yet but will be looking to do so in the next couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Man this sword bounty takes forever!

Figured out the 'kill three knights quickly' bit to open the door from the fonts to the asylum last night - killed the yellow bar knight and then get handed the next step...

... to grind relic iron and void kills! But not just any relic iron (oh no) ... the type that has a 1/10 chance of dropping a legendary iron material ... and oh yeah, I'll need 10 of these!

Then the sunless cell strike.

Fun times.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,269 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'm currently Light Level 291 and have been for a week or so. Nothing is decoding for me now with higher light than the items I already have.

Is 291 high enough for the new Raid? I haven't had a chance to join in any yet but will be looking to do so in the next couple of weeks.

More than enough light level for the raid.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

What those two don't show is probably the best emote ever programmed. The Carlton. They are bringing The Carlton dance emote to Destiny. Where's my free silver???

Take my money...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-10-13-from-today-you-can-do-the-carlton-dance-in-destiny

• Registered Users Posts: 44 chunkydave

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Just be sure to do the quest on the sword you want NOT the character. I made the mistake of thinking you can pick whatever sword you want at the end!!!! So I just started on my titan with the ****ING void sword......OMFG!!!!

Do not pick the void sword with the titan...as the only ability he has is the grenade that is piss poor for getting the 500 ability kills. Plus getting relic crystals on mars is a NIGHTMARE also. If its void you want use a different class.

I also made this mistake...many hours were lost!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Fieldog wrote: »

The Carlton is the new requirement for entry to the clan :P

Obligatory 6 man Carlton dance with a dead Oryx in the background will be the new official Raid Completion requirement. No Carlton Oryx, you aint finished the raid yet. (Of course, I've only stepped foot inside the raid thrice now, and all at different stages.)

• Registered Users Posts: 44 chunkydave

Figured out the 'kill three knights quickly' bit to open the door from the fonts to the asylum last night - killed the yellow bar knight and then get handed the next step...

... to grind relic iron and void kills! But not just any relic iron (oh no) ... the type that has a 1/10 chance of dropping a legendary iron material ... and oh yeah, I'll need 10 of these!

Fun times.

Farm the relic iron by finding where 3-4 pieces are, collect them, quickly leave the area and come back. Then rinse and repeat. Got that part done in about 20 minutes. It helps if you have a ghost that highlights relic iron or use keen scout on a hunter.

In the tower can't find this Tess one, is she not live til 6pm or something?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

My copy of destiny arrived this morning, cant wait to get home tonight and get started on it. I have a lot of catching up to do with all of you. Can anyone tell me about the bow and arrow, is it class specific or anything like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

jonny24ie wrote: »
    My copy of destiny arrived this morning, cant wait to get home tonight and get started on it. I have a lot of catching up to do with all of you. Can anyone tell me about the bow and arrow, is it class specific or anything like that?

The bow and arrow is specific to the hunter

It's the Hunters new void super attack....

Pick the Hunter if your interested in it, not much control to it to be honest, kind of restrains the enemies in a nearby radius...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Thanks guys, ah I would like to give it a try and see how it is at some point. Fresh start to the game so at least I know I have options :)

Prepare to be very confused. There's quite a lot to the game now and it doesn't always explain things very well. I'm a year in and still addicted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Fun times.

56292865.jpg

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Prepare to be very confused. There's quite a lot to the game now and it doesn't always explain things very well. I'm a year in and still addicted.

Yeah I'm confused already and I havent even started the game haha

I downloaded the demo but when I opened it I was level 4 straight away so didnt bother lpaying it as I wanted to be a fresh level 1.

Yeah I'm confused already and I havent even started the game haha

I downloaded the demo but when I opened it I was level 4 straight away so didnt bother lpaying it as I wanted to be a fresh level 1.

You will still have the level 4 character, just delete it off the login page to start fresh...

So Iron Banner today. Woke up around 3.30 last night thinking "Sh** I don't think I have a decent legendary pulse rifle" Sure enough I don't. Anyone know what the rewards and light levels are?
    I'll be Red Deathing or going with the Hung Jury I think.

• Advertisement

Fieldog wrote: »
    You will still have the level 4 character, just delete it off the login page to start fresh...

Ah grand thanks, bit odd I was level 4 tho and didnt actually play it at all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement