Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,269 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Are servers back up for some folks?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Damage curve for IB has been released.
    level_delta.jpg

Are the levels referring to actual levels or light levels ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Mickeroo wrote:
    Are servers back up for some folks?

Not on my end anyway. Poo.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,458 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Ugh, less weapons parts per dismantle. Cause I was swimming in those :P

Have to see how much the IB items cost, now that you have to use Legendary Marks to purchase them. Not overly enthused for that prospect.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Damage curve for IB has been released.
    level_delta.jpg

Taking that is light level now compared to the others which would have been overall level.

Ie 300 vs 290 compared to 34 vs 33, otherwise it doesn't make sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,602 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Are the levels referring to actual levels or light levels ?

Light levels, must be level 40 to enter.

Varik wrote: »
    Taking that is light level now compared to the other which would have been overall level.

I'd say the average light level for this IB will be around the 295 area. I'll be quiet happy with my 305 Titan, 304 Hunter and 303 Warlock :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Servers will be down for another hour, apparently.

EDIT: Nevermind.

This is my favourite bit from the Weekly Update

Crucible

General

Shaxx's Weekly Bounties now unlock across all characters after completing the Crucible Questline on one character

Thank good for that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Anyone having trouble downloading the patch on PS4?

Mine has been say preparing to download for a while now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

Anyone having trouble downloading the patch on PS4?

Mine has been say preparing to download for a while now.

It took a while to get to 100% for 'preparing to download' for me. It's now downloading at a snails pace for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

So iron banner gear is 280 :( I am disappoint, hardly seems worth it.

The gear you can buy or the gear that drops from matches?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,847 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

was looking forward to my possibly last raid as a legally single guardian tonight - but Destiny and Bungie have ruined that with their shocking patch delivery. 18GB download, REALLY? 100mins to go. FECK OFF.

Deleted it several times, restarted, and restarts as 18GB. FECK OFF.

Infuriating.

Did you turn it off and on again? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

The gear you can buy or the gear that drops from matches?

Buy, no idea of the drops yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Any ideas what's going on with this application update?

Mine is is sitting at the started now for 10mins or more.

Tried a restart but no joy

... Ok so I scrolled up and see it's not just me having problems. What a pain in the hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Got the Hunter cloak at level 2, not seen anything else though.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Played 5 matches in Iron Banner and won 1, I kept getting disconnected during a game and then it would have me rejoin putting my score to 0.

Internet is acting up tonight :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

So iron banner gear is 280 :( I am disappoint, hardly seems worth it.

Yup, I'm going to get as far as rank 2 so I can buy the hunter cloak but that's it then for me I reckon unless I hear great things about that pulse rifle. I do like the new multipart bounties though, there's big rep gains to be got from completing them.

• Advertisement

Buy, no idea of the drops yet.

Then yes, buying them is not worth it.
    I am happy that he is not selling infusion fuel.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Ehm, where's the IB buff?
    280 Armour.
    A couple of guns when my armoury is full of them.
    No real incentive for me imo. Hopefully this is one of those things where they learn from their mistakes and the next IBs will be worth doing. Honestly once I saw no buff just thought "No".

Ok the buff's automatically added to your character and grows daily, not sure how this works but I'm getting interested again.

I got my Sleeper Simulant last night. Played the SABER strike with two randoms and it went about as smoothly as you could hope for.

Wiped once at the Warsat, then breezed through to the boss. We wiped a couple of times early before go finding the right place to hide and fight. We all wiped just as it had a sliver of health but I had my self res available. Got the two others revived before dying again but they finished the job.

Some of those level 42 enemies are tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I got my Sleeper Simulant last night. Played the SABER strike with two randoms and it went about as smoothly as you could hope for.

Wiped once at the Warsat, then breezed through to the boss. We wiped a couple of times early before go finding the right place to hide and fight. We all wiped just as it had a sliver of health but I had my self res available. Got the two others revived before dying again but they finished the job.

Some of those level 42 enemies are tough.

When you do something like this for randoms you can't help feeling like a hero! :p
    Got my sleeper simulant with randoms too while in a party chat with others. We had a dance off in celebration.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    When you do something like this for randoms you can't help feeling like a hero! :p
    Got my sleeper simulant with randoms too while in a party chat with others. We had a dance off in celebration.

Its so true. There is also the pressure of not immediately dying once you self res or else you look like a fool.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Ehm, where's the IB buff?
    280 Armour.
    A couple of guns when my armoury is full of them.
    No real incentive for me imo. Hopefully this is one of those things where they learn from their mistakes and the next IBs will be worth doing. Honestly once I saw no buff just thought "No".

The Armour and Weapons are vendor weapons so that's why there 280 light. I'd say the drops in IB could drop at a higher level but probably below 300.

IB isn't end game anymore with TOO, its a slightly more competitive mode than regular Crucible. You could see the TOO armour dropping with higher stats than the IB gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I played 4 matches with randomers last night and we amazingly managed to win them all. got the 3 standard bounties completed and the rep level is already halfway to level 2. I've nothing to back it up, but it seems easier than before to rank up.

I played 4 matches with randomers last night and we amazingly managed to win them all. got the 3 standard bounties completed and the rep level is already halfway to level 2. I've nothing to back it up, but it seems easier than before to rank up.

I played three games yesterday and got those three done. Won 1 lost 2. Also got to 1.5 because I'd 5 medallions left over from the last IB with my Titan about 6 months ago :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

El Senior probably knows. I do know he was trying for 2 swords with the 1 stone.

I'm in Rome now so excuse my short reply.

Your sword will get tied to a character when you fully level it up not when you buy it.

To level a sword up increase damage to over 280 and fully max all the perks.

Once you do this you will trigger the next part of the quest. If you do this with all your swords you can trigger this event at the same time

The you will need to kill majors and fella hunters using the sword. You will only need to do it once for all 3 swords.

The next step is grinding and unfortunately there is no way to skip this part. But once you do it you will have to wait fore arms day. After that you will have to conplete the dark fella strike. But the strike is a slightly different there will be 3 knights with heavy shields. Three different shield type one arc another r solar and another void. The mission is to kill the knight matching your sword elemental damage and then the dark lord within 30 seconds of killing the knight. But in your case you will be doing this for all your 3 swords so you need to kill the all 3 knights and then the dark lord all in 30 seconds. This could be tricky but the thing is that you don't need to be the one who kills the dark lord, anyone in your fireteam can do it but I think that you might have to be the one killing the knights although you don't have to use the sword to do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I'd say the average light level for this IB will be around the 295 area. I'll be quiet happy with my 305 Titan, 304 Hunter and 303 Warlock :)

Went in with a team of mostly 304/305s last night. Played 5 games - lost one, but wrecked teams on the other 4 ... most of them being sub 300 light!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement