Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Someone was telling me if y'er within 10 light level of the enemy you'll be ok, notwithstanding your skill set which will handicap you either way.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Got home, opened up my game, popped it in and downloaded the 1.15 patch. Got playing and right at the part where I got my ship I got booted out and had to download the 1.17 patch. So far I have made it up to Level 6 and im really enjoying it so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Got my 10 kill sreak done last night for that bounty, which for me is a major achievment with my connection.

Probably my highest streak on destiny.

Will be on around 2 ish if anybody is on.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Went in with a team of mostly 304/305s last night. Played 5 games - lost one, but wrecked teams on the other 4 ... most of them being sub 300 light!

Myself Steve and Anthony destroyed the team in the third game. 13000 to 4000. The mercy rule was called !!

Decent Raid last night as well. Went smooth enough until Oryx who was very very glitchy.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,269 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Can the mercy rule happen in IB? I thought that was only in new gametypes. We won a match 20000 - 6000 at one stage and no mercy.

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Can the mercy rule happen in IB? I thought that was only in new gametypes. We won a match 20000 - 6000 at one stage and no mercy.

Happened with us anyway. But two guys backed out of the other team when we were about 4000 points up so that could have had something to do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

It can yes. Happened in match last night, roughly 11k to 3k or there abouts. We where actually questioning why it was taking so long for Shaxx to show mercy.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,269 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah it seems pretty inconsistent about when it actually happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Yeah it happened in that game last night. Felt bad for the other team as it was 6v4 and we had all control points and were not letting any of them get captured.

I'm still trying to find a good crucible set up for my Warlock. It's been a while since I've played PvP outside of the Daily.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Myself Steve and Anthony destroyed the team in the third game. 13000 to 4000. The mercy rule was called !!

Decent Raid last night as well. Went smooth enough until Oryx who was very very glitchy.

To be fair we sailed though it - I think we'd one wipe (War Priest). Both Deathsingers and Oryx went down on the first run, as did Golgoroth.

Hang on - did we even wipe on the War Priest? Think I might be wrong on that...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

The Iron Banner items that drop can be >280 Light. Salty got a 286 Cloak last night at Rank 2

The graph that shows the damage curve is done in 10 light increments so the only piece that really matters is the Red Line here, so 290+ there is <5% difference

delta_zoom.jpg

Also the Jade Rabbit hits Hard in Crucible 75-85 on Crits

Also we would have had an AWESOME Raid run if it wasn't for Lag and disconnects.

Oryx himself was being particularly uncooperative, not staggering, bombs going haywire, no spark on platforms, invisible ogres etc.

Changed hosts a bunch of times, and killed him despite the lag issues

To be fair we sailed though it - I think we'd one wipe (War Priest). Both Deathsingers and Oryx went down on the first run, as did Golgoroth.

We didn't have a single wipe from what I remember.

I got disconnected on the Warpriest after the first Rune was destroyed. Managed to get back in after the Second DPS stage and we beat him on the 3rd.

We had a mix up on Golgoroth and 5 of us jumped down and we managed very good damage in the one phase. It is a lot more simple than moving orb to orb.

We didn't have a single wipe from what I remember.

We didn't have any trouble until we got to Oryx. It seemed very glitchy and at one point I watched him move between platforms and it actually looked like he was lagging!! Maybe he was practicing for IB :pac:

I used the Sleeper for bits of the raid. It's still only 290 attack, but against a tethered Golgoroth it was doing 114K crit hits. I thought my eyes were playing tricks!

Also Ger used Stormtrance to literally walk up the d!ck wall. You learn something new every day!

We didn't have any trouble until we got to Oryx. It seemed very glitchy and at one point I watched him move between platforms and it actually looked like he was lagging!! Maybe he was practicing for IB :pac:

I used the Sleeper for bits of the raid. It's still only 290 attack, but against a tethered Golgoroth it was doing 114K crit hits. I thought my eyes were playing tricks!

Also Ger used Stormtrance to literally walk up the d!ck wall. You learn something new every day!

About the only time he wasn't scheming in the corner :D

He does love that new emote alright

43 calcified fragments - need one more tier three and a tier two Court of Oryx, or the Skyburners event one/NF fragment to drop. That's tonight's grind then...

Somehow I already have fragment 50 (taking down a tier 3 boss in under 2 minutes) even though I've no recollection of having done this!

So close to Touch of Malice now... so close

43 calcified fragments - need one more tier three and a tier two Court of Oryx, or the Skyburners event one/NF fragment to drop. That's tonight's grind then...

Somehow I already have fragment 50 (taking down a tier 3 boss in under 2 minutes) even though I've no recollection of having done this!

So close to Touch of Malice now... so close

I just need baby Crota this week. I thought I got it two weeks ago but some sneaky decker must have got his rune in before me :(

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I just need baby Crota this week. I thought I got it two weeks ago but some sneaky decker must have got his rune in before me :(

"Got his rune in before me"

Swine!

"Got his rune in before me"

Swine!

There's always one :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

What's the story with buying weapons, armour etc in the Tower and the other place to the left on the map? I'm level 31 or so and can't seem to buy anything off the majority of the vendors.

The game has become much more enjoyable since i've played it last (just after release).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

You need to be level 40 to buy some stuff, need legendary marks and have to rank up some of the vendors. Welcome (back) to the grind :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Carlton dance is superb, pity you cant use multiples at once

Carlton dance is superb, pity you cant use multiples at once

I actually bought silver for the slow clap.
    For Trials... you know, for rubbing it in.
    That and the 'finger drawn across throat' emote. Like that one too

Anyone feel like giving me a dig out on the NF later for the calcified fragment drop?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Aye, some of them are good, some a bit poor. I'll still buy them all. Cant beat Carlton though.

:pac:

Merry has been "throwing money at the screen"! :pac:

I need to do the NF on my Hunter. I also have the second part of the Skyburners mini quest if that's any use to you (I've done it already). I'll message you later and let you know if I'll be on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Anyone feel like giving me a dig out on the NF later for the calcified fragment drop?

I will but I might not be around until after 10.

Speaking of dig outs, anyone wanna help me on the sunless cell strike for the exotic sword tonight?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement