Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,107 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

thebag89 wrote: »
    Looks like I'll have to do one more weekly and then buy 520 synths

You'll never run out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

I have 30 coins set aside for heavy ammo synth, will net me 150 synths. Never caught short again! Anyone spending more?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Is No Light Beyond a DLC gun? If so can people without DLC get it from Xur?

Really don't like some of Bungies tactics regarding the DLC - ie. Omnigol up every 2-3 weeks. If I wasn't addicted to the game I certainly wouldn't play it.

It's a DLC gun. I believe for those without the DLC they see the items but can't buy them as it requires 'the dark beyond' ... so it's Bungie pushing more sales of the DLC in advance of HoW.

Expect to see NLB and Dragon Breath a few more times before HoW ... and more Omnigul.

I've been texting Quad this morning about this - he's more casual on Destiny than I've become. His luck with raids/NF drops is pretty dire - that means Xur is his main source of exotics. I think he's pretty close to abandoning Destiny at this point given his inability to have a decent primary drop.

This is a cynical tactic on the part of Bungie that may well backfire as casual users become alienated and drift away to new releases over Destiny.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Is No Light Beyond a DLC gun?.

Not at all, it's more of a Meme now to be fair

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,286 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I have 30 coins set aside for heavy ammo synth, will net me 150 synths. Never caught short again! Anyone spending more?

I'm spending all of my 160 coins on them, I bought around 150 the last time he had them I think and thought they'd never run out too but they ran out 3 weeks or so ago!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,926 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I went glimmer farming last weekend and bought 60 sythns I think - with the plan of attacking CE 4 times (1 normal and 3 hards) and the assumption Xur was going to be a dick. Only ran the raid twice, using about 5 ammo packs in total and now Xur rolls up with synths! I feel like Cormac after his weekend of Mat farming preceded the tuesday update of marks for mats!

I feel like Cormac after his weekend of Mat farming preceded the tuesday update of marks for mats!

I'm still extremely salty about that...... I need more time to heal :(

I sometimes wake up with a shock in a cold sweat....
    "AbusesToilets points"
    "AbusesToilets points"
    "GenericDreadHead Points"
    "AbusesToilets points"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

It seems match making is coming to the weekly heroic

Link

Wonder how often we will come across people trying to AFK the weekly heroic now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    It seems match making is coming to the weekly heroic

Link

Should have been added from the start - no idea why they think nightfall doesn't fall into the same category though.

• Advertisement

Should have been added from the start - no idea why they think nightfall doesn't fall into the same category though.

I would guess it has something to do with the way match made fire teams work, and being booted to orbit when you wipe in a NF.

They mentioned not match making NF because they you would want to keep a consistent group for follow up attempts - so it would seem booting to orbit breaks the match made fire team, so you would be starting with a new team each time.

Would need to change the way match making works, how going to orbit effects them or stop booting to orbit during a nightfall. respawn to the start of the level would seem like a sensible solution, being booted to orbit pisses me off regardless in NF, a stupid mechanic.

Gonna have to try go from low level two on Iron banner to level 5 by Monday night - and earn a massive amount of glimmer - have basically none. FECK! Only really want the scout (never ever use shotguns) but would like to pick up the armour too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

I would guess it has something to do with the way match made fire teams work, and being booted to orbit when you wipe in a NF.

They mentioned not match making NF because they you would want to keep a consistent group for follow up attempts - so it would seem booting to orbit breaks the match made fire team, so you would be starting with a new team each time.

Would need to change the way match making works, how going to orbit effects them or stop booting to orbit during a nightfall. respawn to the start of the level would seem like a sensible solution, being booted to orbit pisses me off regardless in NF, a stupid mechanic.

Agreed. Seems they have some fairly dumb processes in place tbh.

ROLL UP! ROLL UP!

It's the weekend and that can mean only one thing...

DRUNKEN RAIDING WITH CORMAC!

What Raids can I expect to see?
    Good question guardian. There will be 2xCE Normal and 2xVoG Normal and Possibly 2xCE Hard (or one if he gets a 2nd Abyss defiant)

What is drunken raiding with Cormac?
    If you've played a raid before then you're likely to know what to expect, simply imagine more off-key singing and Exotic Weapon pea-cocking.
    If you haven't played a raid before, not to worry, Cormac will sherpa you through with the utmost of patience. You'll learn everything you need to know about each raid mechanic except for that one thing he'll forget to mention that will result in your death.

When can I get involved in what is surely to be an eye opening experience into just how long 4 other peoples patience can endure?
    Probably Friday night if Cormacs missus is in a good mood, maybe Saturday if he gets wiped by "Fiances Gaze" while trying to solo a run to the gaming room.

Who can sign up?
    Anyone with decent weapons and armour. You will need to bring lvl30 Puns, at least a 331 Damage "Rhyming Wordplay" and any secondary with "Cormac burn" (VoG comment upon generating an unnecessary wipe).

How will I know I can be part of this elite group?
    Some sort of weird "1st come 1st served" system where inevitably Cormac will abandon someone who has long ago said they would be up for it. You can be sure that there will be a delay of anywhere between 30minutes and a full hour between the proposed start time and when Cormac will "era will I just start it there while I build this cigarette so yeah?"

Will Cormac be sure to let everyone know he'll be doing the Relic and Sword?
    Data mining from previous runs suggests he'll let you know somewhere between 10 and 15 times

Can we expect to see more of the Cormac Orb Easter Egg?
    Yes, upon request Cormac can unlock a hidden perk that will allow you to see what a guardian looks like as an Orb. The likelyhood of other guardians receiving nagging advice during this period doubles.

Are bulls**t excuses for wipes likely?
    Yes, they are encouraged. Feel free to complain about Pretorians killing you on Mars.

What guns should I bring?
    No-Land-Beyond and a pre-DLC dropped Shadow Price that has all them sweet perks

What about playing Iron Banner
    Various raid runs will be interspresed with Iron Banner matches. Blood alcohol levels will make this a hilarious a** kicking walk in the park or a brutal crushing defeat.

That's what she said?
    That's what she said.

Am I allowed to speculate on future patches or DLC?
    No, this is generally reserved for the players who can make the most outlandish sweeping statements about how the VoG will have 4 difficulties tiers. Players will be contacted in advance to pre-prepare absolute horses**t to tell each other.

What drops can I expect?
    You are guaranteed Gjallahorn (provided you don't need it) and 4 people will get the Last Word.

Are there any side affects?
    Yes, "Weight of head-wrecking", "Mark of the Unhelpful" and "Drunk singers bane" will all come into play at various stages

Who else can I expect to meet on my Travels?
    • Sky Sports News Guy
    • "I just want to get the Scout Rifle from Crota" guy
    • The guy who will try and convince you Pulse Rifles are currently helpful
    • "The heavy ammo bug isn't working for me" guy
    • Something something College, something something Tinder guy
    • Can you kill that Oracle Roni... GT... Ron...Mark
    • That one female
    • "I've never done this bit" guy
    • Underwhelmed Vex Mythoclast drop guy
    • Light of the Abyss guy
    • Better singing guy
    • The guy who does f**k all damage to the Oracles
    • "I'm in Spain and I'm gonna Lag this server into the ground!" guy
    • Mr Try to Solo the Gorgans maze and Fail
    • Platforming Section Guardian Down

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Yeah...

Can't wait for the heroic matchmaking, start it up, and relax at the spawn while the other 2 do all the hard work, just waiting for those 9 coins to go into my pocket! ... :S

I think if they are going to do this they should add some sort of timer, in case, if you dont move or play for a certain amount of minutes you get kicked out to orbit, or, if you dont progress with the team, you get no rewards...

I would be pissed if I finish a nightfall and the other guy who has remained at the spawn gets a good reward while I get more shards

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Rolled an engram before work earlier and got HOPF with 169 Discipline. Also bought 400 synths. :pac:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,286 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Bohrio wrote: »
    Yeah...

Can't wait for the heroic matchmaking, start it up, and relax at the spawn while the other 2 do all the hard work, just waiting for those 9 coins to go into my pocket! ... :S

I think if they are going to do this they should add some sort of timer, in case, if you dont move or play for a certain amount of minutes you get kicked out to orbit, or, if you dont progress with the team, you get no rewards...

I would be pissed if I finish a nightfall and the other guy who has remained at the spawn gets a good reward while I get more shards

There's already a timer that kicks you to orbit if you're idle, it's easily fooled by leaving your guardian spinning on the spot though :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Mickeroo wrote: »
    There's already a timer that kicks you to orbit if you're idle, it's easily fooled by leaving your guardian spinning on the spot though :p

Yeah I had wondered about that

Because I dont know how long you have to wait before this happens, most of the times, I finish strikes before they are kicked out to orbit...

And yes, I have also seen the spinning trick as well.

They are little buggers though, the other day I was doing a strike, we started and both players decided to remain at the spawn, not moving, I turned around and stood in front of them... like half a minute later one of them realized I havent moved and pretends he is starting the raid, when I move he then goes back to the spawn, so I decided to stay there as well, for 5 minutes none of us moved... went to have lunch and when I came back they were almost finished with it...

Lazy monkeys

Bohrio wrote: »
    Yeah I had wondered about that

Because I dont know how long you have to wait before this happens, most of the times, I finish strikes before they are kicked out to orbit...

And yes, I have also seen the spinning trick as well.

They are little buggers though, the other day I was doing a strike, we started and both players decided to remain at the spawn, not moving, I turned around and stood in front of them... like half a minute later one of them realized I havent moved and pretends he is starting the raid, when I move he then goes back to the spawn, so I decided to stay there as well, for 5 minutes none of us moved... went to have lunch and when I came back they were almost finished with it...

Lazy monkeys

I hate this - usually I just sit down right in front of them where they can see. If the 'pretend to start' thing happens I'll go back to the start again if they haven't moved (as soon as I spot it).

More common in the last few weeks than before Christmas. Highly annoying.

Anyone fancy a run at CE on X1 tonight? I've the bridge checkpoint or can run from the start. I need to get a few more shards to get my Hunter to 32.

Ferrigan/CableGuy - cheers for the offer to help with Thorn last night ... as it happened the team I finished the weekly with wanted to run it too, so we knocked it out in short order.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Cormac... wrote: »
    DRUNKEN RAIDING WITH CORMAC!

What time is this starting? I'm in again this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Yeah I'd like a run (or 2) at CE. Preferably normal mode first. I probably won't be on until around 9 though. AJ will be on around that time too.

Yeah I'd like a run (or 2) at CE. Preferably normal mode first. I probably won't be on until around 9 though. AJ will be on around that time too.

Normal mode is fine by me - I just need shards. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I see the problem with matching making the weekly Heroic is that you will no longer be allowed to solo it. If there is matchmaking it will ensure you have a full fireteam.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Cormac... wrote: »
    [*]Better singing guy

I'll believe it when I hear it. I wouldn't mind swiggin back a few later.

What time is this starting? I'm in again this week.

I want to say around 9pm this evening, but we'll see
    dudeeile wrote: »
    I'll believe it when I hear it. I wouldn't mind swiggin back a few later.

That was a reference to Wonda-Boy and his rendition of "I'm all about those plates"

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭redt0m

"No Land Beyond... What the **** is that weapon?!"

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭HavelTRock

I can join you tonight Cormac.

Goose

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

redt0m wrote: »

It's one for the mantelpiece

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,607 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

redt0m wrote: »

A primary sniper rifle that is so bad that if you dismantle it for an exotic shard all you get is another NLB.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement