Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

V9 wrote: »
    I will but I might not be around until after 10.

Speaking of dig outs, anyone wanna help me on the sunless cell strike for the exotic sword tonight?

Can do - on the sunless cell strike as well

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Got my 10 kill sreak done last night for that bounty, which for me is a major achievment with my connection.

Probably my highest streak on destiny.

Will be on around 2 ish if anybody is on.

#lagswitchrossi

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Carlton dance is superb, pity you cant use multiples at once
    I actually bought silver for the slow clap.
    For Trials... you know, for rubbing it in.
    That and the 'finger drawn across throat' emote. Like that one too

they knew what they were up to when they had that price more expensive, as soon as I saw it, I knew I had to have it, my teenage self would have never forgiven me for missing that opportunity.

Brand new PS4 has landed. Though I am still very much unable to play it, but will bring it to my former roommates place to get everything downloaded, as I will not have the luxury of UPC anymore.

Oh, Exotics have had their max attack/defense stat bumped up to 330.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Brand new PS4 has landed. Though I am still very much unable to play it, but will bring it to my former roommates place to get everything downloaded, as I will not have the luxury of UPC anymore.

I feel your pain man, I'm lurking here most days and going home to my lovely new non-UPC house :'(

• Advertisement

Hopefully you will get that fixed soon.
    Here's hoping that the internet back home isn't dirt, and I don't lag all over the place, will be stuck on wifi too. Bah.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Hopefully you will get that fixed soon.
    Here's hoping that the internet back home isn't dirt, and I don't lag all over the place, will be stuck on wifi too. Bah.

Try power line network adapters. I have them and they give me better speed than Wifi. Next best to thing to actual Ethernet imho.

Oh yes, I always forget about them. Cheers wes.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

330 ? Its 310 isn't it ?

It was 310, but the Armory on Bungie.net is showing 330, so either a mistake or preperation for hard mode.

• Advertisement

I would pay the money for the carlton dance but the fact you can only equip it on one char. is terrible. When you buy it it whould be on all your chars. Would have to spend €15 to have it on all 3 which is just highway robbery.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I would pay the money for the carlton dance but the fact you can only equip it on one char. is terrible. When you buy it it whould be on all your chars. Would have to spend €15 to have it on all 3 which is just highway robbery.
    Can you not get the emote from a kiosk like you can with shaders/emblems you've already bought?

The emote kiosk is down in the place where the jukebox was, so you can have the one emote on all 3 characters and only need to pay once.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Played some Iron Banner a little earlier. I'm just doing it for some fun as the weapons and armour don't seem like they are worth ranking up for. I was using Red Death though for the first time. I got it a few months ago and put it straight in the Vault. Got the Year 2 version the other day and I'm finding it very effective in PvP.

RNGesus is a capricious entity.

Two raids this week that have dropped bugger all except lower light level gear than has already dropped.

I think it's time to ignore raids and focus on iron banner and trials until reset.

Screw you RNG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

I'm on the Hawksaw this IB. Started on it in PvE, second last weapon before the sidearm that I needed kills on for the full grimoire. The stats were high so brought it to the crucible. I've been finding it very effective, has good range perks and has helped my aim and headshots. This IB seems to be very pulse rifley.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

PetKing wrote: »
    I'm on the Hawksaw this IB. Started on it in PvE, second last weapon before the sidearm that I needed kills on for the full grimoire. The stats were high so brought it to the crucible. I've been finding it very effective, has good range perks and has helped my aim and headshots. This IB seems to be very pulse rifley.

I deleted two of them last week and then saw a youtuber banging on about how great it was, in PvP. Bought it back from the vendor yesterday 280 with yucky looking rolls. Live and learn I guess.

RNGesus is a capricious entity.

Two raids this week that have dropped bugger all except lower light level gear than has already dropped.

I think it's time to ignore raids and focus on iron banner and trials until reset.

Screw you RNG

Merry in all fairness you were blessed last week with really high level drops in the Raid if you got better ones this week you'd be 310 already :P

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Merry in all fairness you were blessed last week with really high level drops in the Raid if you got better ones this week you'd be 310 already :P

Forever 306...

In fairness what irks me is the lack of weapon drops - twice now I've got nothing from Oryx but moldering shards and worse armour than that I've equipped.

Forever 306...

In fairness what irks me is the lack of weapon drops - twice now I've got nothing from Oryx but moldering shards and worse armour than that I've equipped.

After Tuesday I got my 6th and 7th Smite of Merrin. Also got the Helmet for my Titan so when I equip all my highest light gear I get to 307. Just waiting on the Sniper now and I've all Raid weapons.

Time to start collecting Hunter and Warlock armour now so will be on tonight for one possibly two runs at Kingsfall then will do IB all weekend when the Buffs are higher.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,269 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Forever 306...

I'm got my 7th sniper rifle last night, haven't getten either of the heavies yet, also got a chest piece from Oryx after getting a better one from Golgoroth. Smart loot me hole!

307 light on my hunter after getting the sword and 306 on my warlock (without sword).

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I'm got my 7th sniper rifle last night, haven't getten either of the heavies yet, also got a chest piece from Oryx after getting a better one from Golgoroth. Smart loot me hole!

You really should forget about weapons drops until oryx, won't be disappointed then. I get very little in the raid but with the mouldering shards I more or less get 2 guns and armour from the big man.

Hand cannon, sniper rifle and fusion are very MEH unless killing taken IMO. I pretty much only use them to infuse, Have much better weapons from in game play.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,269 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

You really should forget about weapons drops until oryx, won't be disappointed then. I get very little in the raid but with the mouldering shards I more or less get 2 guns and armour from the big man.

Hand cannon, sniper rifle and fusion are very MEH unless killing taken IMO.

The sniper is great I find though it's a little short on impact alright, has really good aim assist and i think the lowest zoom scope in the game so it's good in crucible too. Raid pulse is my go to weapon at the moment for both PvE and PvP, absolute beast of a gun.

The sniper is great I find though it's a little short on impact alright, has really good aim assist and i think the lowest zoom scope in the game so it's good in crucible too. Raid pulse is my go to weapon at the moment for both PvE and PvP, absolute beast of a gun.

Yeah primary guns esp. the pulse with firefly are lethal. I have got 4 raid snipers and all went into my 3 X 310 attack 1000 yrd stares lol.

Yeah ... I've two 1000 yard stares up to 304 using raid fusions to infuse.

I'd really like the pulse rifle - I got the scout rifle (which is decent, but 302), but I'm lacking a decent over 300 light primary. And I haven't had an exotic primary over 290 drop for me ... ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭kevind1

Just pop back to Tess with your other character and pick up the emote, it doesnt double charge

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Raid pulse is my go to weapon at the moment for both PvE and PvP, absolute beast of a gun.

Really! I'll have to try it in Crucible/Iron Banner this weekend. I didn't even think of trying it in PvP. Pulse was my first Raid drop and it's been my go to PvE weapon since.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Yeah ... I've two 1000 yard stares up to 304 using raid fusions to infuse.

I'd really like the pulse rifle - I got the scout rifle (which is decent, but 302), but I'm lacking a decent over 300 light primary. And I haven't had an exotic primary over 290 drop for me ... ever.

You should have joined our Raid party on Tuesday. Ger and I both got 310 Hereafters. I also got 310 gauntlets. The slow grind to the level cap continues.......

You should have joined our Raid party on Tuesday. Ger and I both got 310 Hereafters. I also got 310 gauntlets. The slow grind to the level cap continues.......

In fairness I did get a 310 Thunderlord... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

you're only teasing me now steve :(

hopefully I'll get a raid done over the weekend, might have to resort to *shudder* destiny lfg if everyone else is stuck in trials / iron banner.

I think my midweek raiding days are over....

• Advertisement

2 days and 2 raids, will get 3rd done tonight. First was 1 hr 23 mins last night was 1 hr 40 with lower light char. Tonite is my lowest at 303 so should take longer lol. I don't swap weapons with chars so its different experience with each one when I raid with different weapons.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement