Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Trials has been delayed indefinitely due to the Shadowshot exploit.

Kings Fall HM drops next Friday at 6pm. Recommended light 300-320. Will drop 310-320 light gear.

Nightfall rewards will be fixed, could be as soon as next week.

Bungie looking at rebalancing Sunbreakers.

That's good news about HM. There was no way TOO could be released this weekend with that exploit. Once the Sunbreaker Hammer glitch was spotted they had it patched in two days I think. So maybe they'll have shadow shot back shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Kings Fall HM drops next Friday at 6pm. Recommended light 300-320. Will drop 310-320 light gear.

I really hope it is just a small tweak on Sunbreakers. Yeah, the super is a bit OP, but Titans have by far the worst melee and grenades. I also hope it doesn't affect PVE too much. It is nice to have a good attacking build you can use when using your titan in endgame stuff. Gets boring always using defender.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I really hope it is just a small tweak on Sunbreakers. Yeah, the super is a bit OP, but Titans have by far the worst melee and grenades. I also hope it doesn't affect PVE too much. It is nice to have a good attacking build you can use when using your titan in endgame stuff. Gets boring always using defender.

I've gone back to defender now in PvE. Helps the team out a lot more than Sunbreaker. Its nice to have a Super that can kill from a distance though in PvP

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

dudeeile wrote: »
    Got spoon fed the Kings Fall raid last night, big thanks to redzer, wonda, derek, diff and dermo, Titan finally pushed over 300 :cool:

On another note, if you somehow missed it, BUY Hung Jury SR4 from DO, I've been using this gun for some time after getting it as a random drop but trashed it and bought the vendor version as the roll is excellent. I've been using the bought version for about 2 weeks and it rocks in PvE and PvP (if keeping your distance is your thing), MIDA fans rejoice! :D

Comes with a nice choice of sights, triple tap and your choice of extended mag or hand laid stock. Even without running the stability perk it is extremely controllable with the vertical recoil. Add to this Firefly and it's a great weapon in PvE and nothing like exploding guardian heads in crucible to put a big grin on your face and if you're lucky enough to get them bunched in a group it gives you a big lead to knock out a few multi kills.

You were well able for the raid Duds, dont know how we actually finish these raids with all the messing lol. Glad you finally over the 300, if you need a hand with another raid for a different char. giz a shout I have my 3 raids done mate.

I agree with the Hung Jury I love it but when you have the raid pulse and scout at 310 with firefly its has to take a back seat.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,269 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Sucks that trials is delayed, I don't think the glitch would be as much of an issue in a 3v3 playlist against organised teams and when someone's firing a shadowshot they're a sitting duck, don't think people would easily get away with going in to their menus every time they use it either. I'd rather go up against a team of glitching shadowshots than sunbreakers any day tbh :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Sucks that trials is delayed, I don't think the glitch would be as much of an issue in a 3v3 playlist against organised teams and when someone's firing a shadowshot they're a sitting duck, don't think people would easily get away with going in to their menus every time they use it either. I'd rather go up against a team of glitching shadowshots than sunbreakers any day tbh :pac:

Yeah, I don't think this was sufficient reason to delay the return, but at least they'll deal with the cheat before it comes back (hopefully with Sunbreaker OP-ness too)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Good!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Sunbreaker has incendiary and fusion grenades..

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Yeah, I don't think this was sufficient reason to delay the return, but at least they'll deal with the cheat before it comes back (hopefully with Sunbreaker OP-ness too)

We still have IB this weekend. And King's Fall Hard Mode next week!! Thank you very much. I timed my annual leave very well :pac:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,269 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

No Back Up Plans, Don't Touch Me & The Stag. No engram this week, selling Hereafter instead.

No back up plans perk was buffed in the last update btw, have a great perk now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

One of my guys "allegedly" quit Destiny yesterday due to IB. Is it playing really bad or something. I'm hearing a lot of complaining but my group does a lot of this, so I'm unsure if it's just par for the course.
    Not too pushed on IB this time round although I might make a play for that pulse rifle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

ALright, happy to hear that, barely have enough time this week to do the raid, nf and IB as it is.

Also, I am ok in PS4 as my titan and hunter are both 309 and my warlock is 308 (pending one raid run) but I will need help doing it on normal on my xb1 next week as he is only a 296 and it is very hard to find teams without TOM or a previous completions :S

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Mickeroo wrote: »
    No Back Up Plans, Don't Touch Me & The Stag. No engram this week, selling Hereafter instead.

Have all four @ 310. Really Xur
    Really!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

gimli2112 wrote: »
    One of my guys "allegedly" quit Destiny yesterday due to IB. Is it playing really bad or something. I'm hearing a lot of complaining but my group does a lot of this, so I'm unsure if it's just par for the course.
    Not too pushed on IB this time round although I might make a play for that pulse rifle.

Drops are terrible. Lag is terrible and cheating is rife.

Right now there's no point doing IB hoping for drops. Or NFs. The only thing worth a damn in terms of drops is the raid, and even then it's patchy

gimli2112 wrote: »

Come play IB and KF with me Gimli! Pints! Bants! Little or No Complaining! :pac:
    In fact most of my complaining is about complaining

My feeling on Iron Banner:

z2s0u5l.gif

I really want that pulse rifle though so I will continue to grind and rage.

Been off work sick all week so played IB a lot, I'm rank 4 and have seen 4 cloaks and 1 piece of armour drop in all of the matches I've played, no weapons. Pretty dire stuff.

AdamD wrote: »
    Been off work sick all week so played IB a lot, I'm rank 4 and have seen 4 cloaks and 1 piece of armour drop in all of the matches I've played, no weapons. Pretty dire stuff.

I got the sidearm 3 marks and a weapon part yesterday.

Sunbreaker has incendiary and fusion grenades..
    Both are pretty **** for crucible, which is where the balancing request is coming from rather than PVE, incendiary in particular. It's pretty undeniable that the other classes have superior grenades. Lightning grenade is the only Titan grenade that is excellent for crucible but it's tempered by the fact that strikers are pretty crap. Add to this the fact that Titan's have no option like Blink or Shadestep and I'm not sure the complaints are wholly merited on the scale we have seen.

If I was Bungie, I'd be holding fire on this. The most recent data from IB (posted on Reddit) suggests that both the % of people playing Sunbreakers in IB and the K/D of Sunbreakers is pretty in line with the other two new subclasses. In fact, Nightstalker K/D is better and Stromcaller is on par. When you consider that Striker and Defender are the least used subclasses according to this data and have the worst K/Ds, nerfing a viable Titan option in any meaningful way is killing the class for crucible again.

I don't mind, I'll use my Hunter and Warlock to remain competitive if it is a significant nerf, but it has been fun using all 3 classes in crucible, rather than leaving one to rot.

Both are pretty **** for crucible, which is where the balancing request is coming from rather than PVE, incendiary in particular. It's pretty undeniable that the other classes have superior grenades. Lightning grenade is the only Titan grenade that is excellent for crucible but it's tempered by the fact that strikers are pretty crap. Add to this the fact that Titan's have no option like Blink or Shadestep and I'm not sure the complaints are wholly merited on the scale we have seen.

If I was Bungie, I'd be holding fire on this. The most recent data from IB (posted on Reddit) suggests that both the % of people playing Sunbreakers in IB and the K/D of Sunbreakers is pretty in line with the other two new subclasses. In fact, Nightstalker K/D is better and Stromcaller is on par. When you consider that Striker and Defender are the least used subclasses according to this data and have the worst K/Ds, nerfing a viable Titan option in any meaningful way is killing the class for crucible again.

I don't mind, I'll use my Hunter and Warlock to remain competitive if it is a significant nerf, but it has been fun using all 3 classes in crucible, rather than leaving one to rot.
    Both are very good in Crucible :confused: Incendiaries can now kill in 1 hit.

Nightstalker K/D is better? You've just made that up..

Subclass KD Percent Played
    Sunbreaker 1.0857 21.39%
    Nightstalker 0.996 18.39%
    Gunslinger 1.0945 17.29%
    Stormcaller 1.0437 15.47%
    Bladedancer 1.0436 8.73%
    Voidwalker 0.9909 8.22%
    Striker 0.9102 5.21%
    Sunsinger 0.9779 3.70%
    Defender 0.9563 1.60%

I'd say most people who play PvP over PvE leaned towards Hunters by the end of Y1 so more experienced players will have been using Gunslinger which explains its high K/D (and obviously being a strong class). Sunbreaker being that high when most people aren't even used to using it is pretty laughable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The buff will ease things so might try for pulse rife or hunter cloak.

Inscendiary grenade got a decent buff in the last update so it's very effective now and fusion has always been a very good PvP grenade though I think it doesn't track as much anymore). The melee is also a one hit kill if you use the right perk (forgotten which one, think it applies a burn DoT).

Leaving aside the neutral game for a minute though, there's no logical way to defend the super, it's so far beyond every other super in the game. I don't think the main issue stems from its offensive power either, yeah it suck being killed by it but hey it's an offensive super, it's supposed to be an easy few kills for whoever is wielding it like every other offensive super in the game.

The real issue for me is the defensive properties, the combination of cauterise and the armour buff is completely broken, with the armour buff you're talking 3(!!!) head shots from a high impact sniper (think Black Spindle can do it in one or two but it's not a good PvP weapon) to take one down but it they manage to kill someone before you get these off BANG they're back to full health, If they changed it so players had to choose between cauterise or the armour buff then I think the super would be a lot more balanced and still retain its effectiveness.

Both are very good in Crucible :confused: Incendiaries can now kill in 1 hit.

Nightstalker K/D is better? You've just made that up..

Subclass KD Percent Played
    Sunbreaker 1.0857 21.39%
    Nightstalker 0.996 18.39%
    Gunslinger 1.0945 17.29%
    Stormcaller 1.0437 15.47%
    Bladedancer 1.0436 8.73%
    Voidwalker 0.9909 8.22%
    Striker 0.9102 5.21%
    Sunsinger 0.9779 3.70%
    Defender 0.9563 1.60%

I'd say most people who play PvP over PvE leaned towards Hunters by the end of Y1 so more experienced players will have been using Gunslinger which explains its high K/D (and obviously being a strong class). Sunbreaker being that high when most people aren't even used to using it is pretty laughable.
    Sorry, meant Gunslinger rather than Nightstalker. You are proving the point btw. Why did the more experienced players lean towards Hunters, rather than Titans or Warlocks? Better melee, better grenade, better supers and better jump.

The data is literally telling you what I have been saying. Sunbreakers are nowhere near OP from a K/D POV and are not really upsetting the balance in the game. Where they gain in super they lose out in pretty much all other areas. The stats also tell us that if you want to play Titan; Striker and Defender are not really options. You can make up a narrative surrounding year 1 players and why the Gunslinger, Bladedancer and Stromcaller stats are so close, or better in certain circumstances to the "OP" Sunbreakers, but the stats are there for all to see.

I actually think that some other subclasses need a small buff and Sunbreakers need a tiny nerf to something like cauterize or armour stat, but I don't think that bowing to pressure from the community, when the stats are telling you otherwise, is a good reason to balance. I'd actually like to see updated stats because that was early on in IB. Maybe Sunbreakers have really taken over since.

Sorry, meant Gunslinger rather than Nightstalker. You are proving the point btw. Why did the more experienced players lean towards Hunters, rather than Titans or Warlocks? Better melee, better grenade, better supers and better jump.

The data is literally telling you what I have been saying. Sunbreakers are nowhere near OP from a K/D POV and are not really upsetting the balance in the game. Where they gain in super they lose out in pretty much all other areas. The stats also tell us that if you want to play Titan; Striker and Defender are not really options. You can make up a narrative surrounding year 1 players and why the Gunslinger, Bladedancer and Stromcaller stats are so close, or better in certain circumstances to the "OP" Sunbreakers, but the stats are there for all to see.

I actually think that some other subclasses need a small buff and Sunbreakers need a tiny nerf to something like cauterize or armour stat, but I don't think that bowing to pressure from the community when the stats are telling you otherwise, is a good reason to balance. I'd actually like to see updated stats because that was early on in IB. Maybe Sunbreakers have really taken over since.
    I'm not proving your point whatsoever. Hunter was OP last year, I don't think anyone ever denied that, most PvP players will still be using that class (until recently at least) yet Sunbreaker's K/D is still way above 1.0 despite people have limited experience with it. Its most definitely OP.

Let me guess, you 'main' a Titan? Just be objective about it, most people use all 3 classes and its pretty damn obvious which ones are way easier to play with. And the other 2 Titan subclasses being trash doesn't in any way justify having an OP class. They need to balance all of them.

I like to Nova Bomb things

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭onlyTobes

Currently rank 3 on titan & hunter in IB. Grinding for the pulse rifle, but that's it really, sick of the drops/lagging/cheating.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I am Level 11 with my Titan and one of the Quests asked me if I wanted to rank right up to level 25 with some item I have, I declined..... was that a wise decision?

jonny24ie wrote: »
    I am Level 11 with my Titan and one of the Quests asked me if I wanted to rank right up to level 25 with some item I have, I declined..... was that a wise decision?

Depends, if you're happy enough to keep playing the story missions and that it's not really an issue fi you want to get into raiding and strikes and that then I would use it. The game doesn't really start until you're level 40 imo.

jonny24ie wrote: »

Yes, keep playing, save that item for if/when you create a 2nd character, jumping straight to level 25 on your 1st character will ruin a good run of 10 hours from the start where you learn how to:
    • Not Die
    • Kill Things

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Cormac... wrote: »
    Yes, keep playing, save that item for if/when you create a 2nd character, jumping straight to level 25 on your 1st character will ruin a good run of 10 hours from the start where you learn how to:
    • Not Die
    • Kill Things

Thanks Cormac, I was thinking of playing right through as Titan and then roll our a Hunter and blast it up to 25 straight away. I'm actually loving this game, I cant believe I never got it before now :O

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement