Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Cormac... wrote: »
    I like to Nova Bomb things

I also like to Nova Bomb all the things....... especially Sunbreakers and control points! I don't think I've used Stormcaller in Crucible yet. Way more comfortable with the Void set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

AdamD wrote: »
    I'm not proving your point whatsoever. Hunter was OP last year, I don't think anyone ever denied that, most PvP players will still be using that class (until recently at least) yet Sunbreaker's K/D is still way above 1.0 despite people have limited experience with it. Its most definitely OP.

Let me guess, you 'main' a Titan? Just be objective about it, most people use all 3 classes and its pretty damn obvious which ones are way easier to play with. And the other 2 Titan subclasses being trash doesn't in any way justify having an OP class. They need to balance all of them.

I main Hunter for PVP and Titan for PVE. I'm not really enjoying the "you made it up" when I have actually just made a mistake or "Let me guess, just be objective about it" posting style tbh. Doesn't lend itself to good debate.

Again, the stats are not telling you that Sunbreakers are way out there in the PVP meta. In fact, without Sunbreakers, Gunslingers would be out on their own. I'd totally agree with you if the stats were telling us that Sunbreakers were breaking the game, but they are not.

Anyway, I'll leave it there because it is clogging up the thread and bordering on bickering in a thread that is usually pretty amiable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Ran KF from relay to daughters last night. Only my second raid, got a much better grasp on the daughters. First raid I was down the middle with no clue what anyone was doing on the platforms. Was thrown onto a platform last night as I wasn't the noob anymore :O
    Strangely not once was I caught in dimensions in first raid, although we got them on first or second wipe. Last night I was hopping the platform and sniping snipers :) few too many wipes, lads missing platforms, and the lads called it a night. Oryx seemed easier than daughters IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

If they reduced the overshield/extra hit-points by about 25% (so a 75% increase of whatever the value is now), had a short delay on health regen and allowed for one less hammer to be thrown it would be fine and would fall in line with other subclasses overall, it might still have an OP super, but it would be balanced as it's non-super game is a slightly worse than others

PetKing wrote: »
    Oryx seemed easier than daughters IMO.

Once you done the daughters 3+ times (Hey-oooo!!!) They become the 2nd easiest part of the raid, after the relics/totems

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I don't really see how K/D stats can reflect how overpowered something is anyway, bad players will still likely still go negative if they use sunbreaker and good players will go positive most of the time without using it but that doesn't make it balanced. Same could be said of pre-nerf Thorn or TLW.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Thinking about it it's probably better to have Trials delayed - give me more time to grind some 310 exotic primaries!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Thinking about it it's probably better to have Trials delayed - give me more time to grind some 310 exotic primaries!

After next week they'll need to be 320 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I don't really see how K/D stats can reflect how overpowered something is anyway, bad players will still likely still go negative if they use sunbreaker and good players will go positive most of the time without using it but that doesn't make it balanced. Same could be said of pre-nerf Thorn or TLW.

I agree. They need to do more than compare a few stats and declare it op or not.

I play a combat flying game called war Thunder, mostly as Germans.

There's Korean war jets in it for the US and ussr, and ww2 jets for the germans. One of the German planes is jet bomber that outclassed everything in it's day but against Korean war jets it cannon fodder.

Problem with going by stats is that the majority of weaker players avoid the bad class/weapon/vehicle and those left are crazy as well as being crazy good.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Thanks Cormac, I was thinking of playing right through as Titan and then roll our a Hunter and blast it up to 25 straight away. I'm actually loving this game, I cant believe I never got it before now :O

We were all like this at the beginning. I sold my TV to buy some extra emotes the other day. By the time you realise you have a problem it's already too late.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Cormac... wrote: »
    I like to Nova Bomb things

Sometimes even walls and doorways and rocks and unoccupied floor space!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

gimli2112 wrote: »
    We were all like this at the beginning. I sold my TV to buy some extra emotes the other day. By the time you realise you have a problem it's already too late.

Im not all that sold on emotes yet, altho the carlton is brill :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

What the hell are glass needles?

Is it to infuse exotic armour or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,602 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

dudeeile wrote: »
    Sometimes even walls and doorways and rocks and unoccupied floor space!

You forgot ceilings.

Fieldog wrote: »

It's to re-roll the perks like "Carry X More Ammo" or "Orbs Regen Helth" and the INT/DIS/STR Stats, the general Exotic Armour perk that is speech to that piece of Armour will always still be there.

Also the do not resent any infusing, XP you have put into them or perk nodes unlocked.

The cheaper emotes are 200 silver and you get 400 free?

Will get the sorrow and then one of the taunting emotes.

Varik wrote: »
    The cheaper emotes are 200 silver and you get 400 free?

Will get the sorrow and then one of the taunting emotes.

You get 200 free, the other 200 is for playing between August 13th and November 30th.

You get 200 free, the other 200 is for playing between August 13th and November 30th.

Grand so, is there any for having either of the collectors edition either tk or original.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Varik wrote: »
    Grand so, is there any for having either of the collectors edition either tk or original.

Nope..

Cough up on the PSN....

Apparently they were gonna give 200 more for Xmas, dunno if that's the case yet....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Anyone on PSN later this eveing 6:30 giv eme a hand with some Story missions, Nightfall strike. 290 Titan (Rattleheadie)

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Fieldog wrote: »

Used one earlier on my taikonaut helm and didnt seem to make any difference.

What are people doing with the old materials such as plasteel, radiant energy and radiant shardes now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

At least they didn't teabag me. So I got that going for me, which is nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Could i get a few upvotes, cheers

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/163521062/0/0

syboit wrote: »
    What are people doing with the old materials such as plasteel, radiant energy and radiant shardes now ?

Trade armour materials in for the new one at the Vanguard Quatermaster.

Shards and energy can be traded for motes or glimmer at the speaker.
    Rossi IRL wrote: »

Go into your recent matches on the bungie website, you can report him from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

I have been playing IB although I truly hate control just to get the hunter cloak and my God Titan sunbreakers are everywhere!

I havent seen a defender or a striker in 10 games so far. And needless to say that if you hear or see a sunbreaker all you can do is run, no point in trying to sniper them like you would with a golden gun, they are practically invincible, the only way to counter it is with a golden gun or a nova bomb... unreal stuff, I heard its getting a nerf so thank you bungie...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Bohrio wrote: »
    I have been playing IB although I truly hate control just to get the hunter cloak and my God Titan sunbreakers are everywhere!

I havent seen a defender or a striker in 10 games so far. And needless to say that if you hear or see a sunbreaker all you can do is run, no point in trying to sniper them like you would with a golden gun, they are practically invincible, the only way to counter it is with a golden gun or a nova bomb... unreal stuff, I heard its getting a nerf so thank you bungie...

You won't see a striker or defender because the Sunbreaker is just the best Titan PvP class.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    You won't see a striker or defender because the Sunbreaker is just the best Titan PvP class.

But by a lot, in fact, I think it is the best class period.

I found a way to stop them using nightstalker but other than that very little you can do.

Funny enough I used it once a few weeks ago thinking I would be invincible too but no, got sniped instantly... so I am guessing I will need to have a special combination of perks or something otherwise I just dont know how they are so hard to kill... anyway, off IB now, might play a bit more later, 10 games so far but it felt like 100... hate control sooo much, did I say that already? lol

Need to do the nf and raid on xbox now

Bohrio wrote: »
    But by a lot, in fact, I think it is the best class period.

I found a way to stop them using nightstalker but other than that very little you can do.

Funny enough I used it once a few weeks ago thinking I would be invincible too but no, got sniped instantly... so I am guessing I will need to have a special combination of perks or something otherwise I just dont know how they are so hard to kill... anyway, off IB now, might play a bit more later, 10 games so far but it felt like 100... hate control sooo much, did I say that already? lol

Need to do the nf and raid on xbox now

You need max armour, cauterise and the perk that buffs you when you're in sunspots. Iron Banner is borderline unplayable because of it, shadowshot glitch is less game breaking.

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    You need max armour, cauterise and the perk that buffs you when you're in sunspots. Iron Banner is borderline unplayable because of it, shadowshot glitch is less game breaking.

You are right, I think I have only been killed/shot once or twice by shadowshots compare to maybe 30-40 times to sunbreaker.

Thank god is over for me at least for a few hours ...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement