Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Ian7

Hi all, are you all on next gen consoles? Myself and two other friends have been playing this game extremely casually (xbox 360) since it came out and never bothered with the raids....until now, as our storylines don't really make any sense anymore (i.e we haven't killed Crota and I realise there may be more people who take issue with this method of storytelling but that's not why I came here). We have started the raids and have been trying to 3 man the vault and don't seem to be getting anywhere with it. I think our main problem is that we tend to only play late on Friday nights, after a long week and usually after a bottle or two, enemies are relatively easy and you would think that it's a breeze with us being level 40 but even the smallest mistakes made when battling Atheon have such punishing consequences. Having to wait for the warlock to max out his super is tedious as hell. It just becomes annoying. So...we are setting aside our pride and determination to 3 man the vault and are politely requesting some help. Even just one additional player would help as it would eliminate the "teleport problem". Any takers or advice greatly appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Ian7 wrote: »
    Hi all, are you all on next gen consoles? Myself and two other friends have been playing this game extremely casually (xbox 360) since it came out and never bothered with the raids....until now, as our storylines don't really make any sense anymore (i.e we haven't killed Crota and I realise there may be more people who take issue with this method of storytelling but that's not why I came here). We have started the raids and have been trying to 3 man the vault and don't seem to be getting anywhere with it. I think our main problem is that we tend to only play late on Friday nights, after a long week and usually after a bottle or two, enemies are relatively easy and you would think that it's a breeze with us being level 40 but even the smallest mistakes made when battling Atheon have such punishing consequences. Having to wait for the warlock to max out his super is tedious as hell. It just becomes annoying. So...we are setting aside our pride and determination to 3 man the vault and are politely requesting some help. Even just one additional player would help as it would eliminate the "teleport problem". Any takers or advice greatly appreciated!

You can't 3 man Atheon because 3 people will be teleported and you need one person left outside to open the portal or its a wipe.

I think most people here are on next gen but you could try LFG or WWW.the100.io

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Next gen here, bit if ye want to battle on 3 manning Atheon, try to get down the Sunsinger die and self res option, you stay out and don't teleport.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Ian7

Thanks for the reply lads, but yeah we do the sunsinger death and self res methods so that there is one person left behind. The problem is when we do this, small mistakes generally result in instant death or dead ends for the team and we end up continuously wiping until the sunsinger has his super up again. It's a frustrating method.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Ian7 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply lads, but yeah we do the sunsinger death and self res methods so that there is one person left behind. The problem is when we do this, small mistakes generally result in instant death or dead ends for the team and we end up continuously wiping until the sunsinger has his super up again. It's a frustrating method.

Have you tried crota? He's real easy to 3man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

So I never realised that Banshee, the Gunsmith at the tower is voiced by John Dimaggio.
    The same guy that did the voice for Marcus Fenix from Gears of War and also Bender from Futurama.

You learn something new everyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

So I never realised that Banshee, the Gunsmith at the tower is voiced by John Dimaggio.
    The same guy that did the voice for Marcus Fenix from Gears of War and also Bender from Futurama.

You learn something new everyday.

Maggie from The Walking Dead is in it too. Just realzed that a few days ago

Maggie from The Walking Dead is in it too. Just realzed that a few days ago
    Oh I must look up who she does the voice of. Also I need to finish season 3 of the walking dead. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,602 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Oh I must look up who she does the voice of. Also I need to finish season 3 of the walking dead. :pac:

She does the Exo Stranger. Morgan from Walking Dead is Lord Shaxx.

She does the Exo Stranger. Morgan from Walking Dead is Lord Shaxx.
    Wow small world. Are Bungie Walking Dead fans?

• Advertisement

The creator of the Walking Dead is a Destiny fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt2983582/fullcredits/cast?ref_=m_ttfc_2

Full voice cast, surprised to Peter stormare and the guy who played dexters dad in there as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Some top names in that cast list, to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt2983582/fullcredits/cast?ref_=m_ttfc_2

Full voice cast, surprised to Peter stormare and the guy who played dexters dad in there as well!

Colonel Tigh is Toland!?!?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

RNG Jesus was looking down on me yesterday with the nightfall rewards. First one landed me 310 Last Word as a reward along with the Suros Regime from an exotic engram. Second run landed me the Baron Machine Gun, which I picked up on the ground off the Saber(absolute beast of a yoke) and a 310 hereafter as a reward.

Strikes are the way to go though if you want to get armour to 310.

RNG Jesus was looking down on me yesterday with the nightfall rewards. First one landed me 310 Last Word as a reward along with the Suros Regime from an exotic engram. Second run landed me the Baron Machine Gun, which I picked up on the ground off the Saber(absolute beast of a yoke) and a 310 hereafter as a reward.

Strikes are the way to go though if you want to get armour to 310.
    That works well, Strikes are my preferred thing to do in Destiny when I'm not mucking about. Ahhh I need to get home and play. Soooon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

Hi guys. I haven't played Destiny before but I'm thinking of picking it up. Quick question though: will I have a satisfying experience with the core game or has it only really come into its own with the Taken King DLC? Also, do I have to have a new copy to buy the DLC or can I simply pick up a second hand copy? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Lads , what to buy The Iron banner Sidearm or the pulse rifle?

The rifle is class. Great range and insane stability

It's like a year 2 Hopscotch Pilgrim imho

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'd go pulse, but then I don't use sidearms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,458 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

• Registered Users Posts: 10,458 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Double post. Boards being glitchy again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Amazing Kings Fall guide with Gifs to explain each and every bit. Must See!!!

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3p3yml/how_to_kings_fall_now_in_gif_form/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Hi guys. I haven't played Destiny before but I'm thinking of picking it up. Quick question though: will I have a satisfying experience with the core game or has it only really come into its own with the Taken King DLC? Also, do I have to have a new copy to buy the DLC or can I simply pick up a second hand copy? Thanks.

Buy the complete edition new. It'll be the cheapest way of getting everything. And If you don't buy everything, you'll be seriously missing out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Dont you just hate these ****ERS!!!!

:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

The drops in IB are just terrible. I'm nearly at Rank 5 now and I've only had one Legendary drop. And that turned out to be the IB Warlock Bond that I just bought a few minutes previous.

Got to Rank 5 today after and got 2 Titan Butt Towels and a Side Arm.

The Pulse that Salad Hands is selling is really good. Pick it up if you have the marks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

The drops in IB are just terrible. I'm nearly at Rank 5 now and I've only had one Legendary drop. And that turned out to be the IB Warlock Bond that I just bought a few minutes previous.

Same, just outside rank 5 and have not seen a single thing drop, for anyone, that was over 280.

Getting tired of this shit in raids

• Advertisement

Getting tired of this shit in raids

That could be one of your fire team members causing that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement