Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭onlyTobes

Same, just outside rank 5 and have not seen a single thing drop, for anyone, that was over 280.

First time I got 2 chars to rank 5, all that dropped for me between the two was titan boots, hunter boots and a ship. Had to buy both class items and the pulse. Might buy the sidearm tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

emmetkenny wrote: »
    That could be one of your fire team members causing that.

Everyone was on green bars so I dunno what the story is. I jumped out anyway since nobody else seemed to be experiencing the problem

It's just frustrating tbh... between that crap, the jitterbug thing where enemies glitch all over the place, and fireteam disconnects.

Getting tired of this shit in raids

Ha, he's like one of those trick birthday candles, that keep lighting back up when you try to blow them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Getting tired of this shit in raids

I lol'd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

Thanks to Madra and Nev for finishing the NF last night with me. My first time running it, was a bit of a disaster but we got it down in the end. Will try it with my Warlock later and I bet I'll fly through it.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Getting tired of this **** in raids

That's pretty crappy.
    Same, just outside rank 5 and have not seen a single thing drop, for anyone, that was over 280.

Saw my first sidearm drop for somebody else, I'm about 4 wins from level 5. How much is the pulse rifle can somebody tell me?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

PetKing wrote: »
    That's pretty crappy.

Saw my first sidearm drop for somebody else, I'm about 4 wins from level 5. How much is the pulse rifle can somebody tell me?

90 Legendary Marks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Ok so I have finished with XBox for the week.

It is unbelievable the amount of id.ots on LFG. I was kicked out of a party because my 1000 yard sniper was only 293 and they didnt believe me when I said I had done the raid....

Funny enough I found another group who would take me (I was only 294) and finish within 1 h. Message back the guys who kicked me in the first place wondering how they were doing and they were still at golgoroth.. lol revenge is sweet sometimes.

Anyway, got my ToM as well, getting those T2 CoO fragments solo were very very tedius but once they were done the rest of the quest was easy enough, so now I should have any issues finding a raid team, raid didnt really drop anything nice for me so I am hoping next week i will get lucky.

Also, my other 2 characters are already 290 as well and without even playing with them (specially my warlock), infusing titan armor on my other two sure helped a lot.

Need to level up on IB today on PS4 (I hate IB soooo much but that pulse rifle looks great)....

And then just wait for the reset :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I'm in the same boat. IBs not doing it for me but want that pulse rifle so much. I'm at 3.75 so with the buff n all it should be ok.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat. IBs not doing it for me but want that pulse rifle so much. I'm at 3.75 so with the buff n all it should be ok.

Do you have any of the weekly type bounties left to hand in? Got the last one done last night and it gave me over 1500 rep, that plus the 3 regular bounties jumped me from midway through rank 3 to 5.

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Do you have any of the weekly type bounties left to hand in? Got the last one done last night and it gave me over 1500 rep, that plus the 3 regular bounties jumped me from midway through rank 3 to 5.

Crap I'm such an idiot. Never even occurred to me.

Mickeroo wrote: »

Ah!

Yes, I saved my 3 weeklies for today, I am at rank 3 something so hopefully that along with the daily bounties should bring me up to 5 without having to play too much

Once question, does the old million million shader work on the new IB? or do I need to buy a new one?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Bohrio wrote: »
    Ah!

Yes, I saved my 3 weeklies for today, I am at rank 3 something so hopefully that along with the daily bounties should bring me up to 5 without having to play too much

Once question, does the old million million shader work on the new IB? or do I need to buy a new one?

I've been using the old shader and emblems because I'm a cheap skate and I still seem to be getting the extra rep. You can also equip the old class items when handing in the bounties I think.

Someone on reddit said any class item with the "extra crucible rep" perk works the same as an IB class item but I don't know for sure if that's true.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Bohrio wrote: »
    It is unbelievable the amount of id.ots on LFG. I was kicked out of a party because my 1000 yard sniper was only 293 and they didnt believe me when I said I had done the raid....

Is this an Xbox thing or an LFG thing?

I've not really used LFG but I've never seen any of this type of behaviour. I remember al the talk of needing a max Gally or being kicked out of a fireteam but haven't experienced it myself.

Also I'm not sure if it's a PS4 thing or mainly because I generally only play with the clan but I find the community here great.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

People getting disconnected from the Raid and glitches/bugs due to bad connections etc are turning 2 hour Raids into 4 hours raids with all the messing about

• Registered Users Posts: 44 chunkydave

Cormac... wrote: »
    People getting disconnected from the Raid and glitches/bugs due to bad connections etc are turning 2 hour Raids into 4 hours raids with all the messing about

Bad connections weren't the issue on Friday. Having an American in the lobby was the issue, there were no disconnects prior to that. The raid is as glitchy as Crota was for the first few months. It was definitely the longest its ever taken to get to Oryx. Normally takes less than 2 hours.

Is this an Xbox thing or an LFG thing?

I've not really used LFG but I've never seen any of this type of behaviour. I remember al the talk of needing a max Gally or being kicked out of a fireteam but haven't experienced it myself.

Also I'm not sure if it's a PS4 thing or mainly because I generally only play with the clan but I find the community here great.

This community is very good and they are all very helpful and friendly, however, LFG is a different thing, you can find people that are nice and helpful dont get me wrong, but the vast majority arent.

Most of them are rude and it feels like they are doing you a favor. I dont mind when people are picky with the selection of players then want to play with. If you are experienced and you are looking for experienced players because you just want to get this over quickly then that's fine, or if you just want to help people that's fine too... but I dont like people without manners, like I would message them "Hi man, are you still looking for people?" and allI hear back is "light?"

That for me is an instant no... normally I would give them my light level and ask "and you?" and then hope for them to say 301 or 305, then I would go back and say "sorry, your light level is too low"... that kind of makes my day...

emmetkenny wrote:
    90 Legendary Marks.

Oops, was full up on marks, so before running the daily I blew 150 on DO's Hung Jury.

Oops, was full up on marks, so before running the daily I blew 150 on DO's Hung Jury.

Mayhem rumble playlist will net you 30 marks, 10 for each top 3 finish (it's a weekly playlist but isn't displayed as such because IB took up the slot). Could also do one of the weekly IB bounties on an alt character for 25 marks.

You won't get booted by the clan. What you'll find on your return, are raid parties forming but invites don't reach the message board a bit. It's hard to break in when established groups want to run with the same players every week.

• Advertisement

chunkydave wrote: »
    Bad connections weren't the issue on Friday. Having an American in the lobby was the issue, there were no disconnects prior to that. The raid is as glitchy as Crota was for the first few months. It was definitely the longest its ever taken to get to Oryx. Normally takes less than 2 hours.

I did a few Raids over the weekend (with only people in Ireland) and it was even worse than that at times. It was a f**king mess.

AbusesToilets is in the states and that wasn't the issue. Gimlis connection was gone to hell by the time we reached the sisters. Tried with Doon_Lad last night, had too boot him (and message him, he couldn't even get in the party or stay in the game for 30 seconds) as his connection was atrocious too and was causing it to be unplayable (to the point where he was dong that Dead and Alive at the same time thing).

Rossi came in then, again to more issues. Terry had the same thing happen last weekend. Even on Saturday Needs_More_Bear was having issues (think he was alive and dead too). Over all the Raids I did over the past 2 weeks, there's constantly issues, I don't think it's continent based.

I mean, just look at Totzs video back a page. Once you have one player on a red bar, it seems you're screwed, which is different to when you'd run Crota, as long as the host was green, you were good to go.

It's so frustrating for everyone to do everything right and then be screwed by lag/server issues. Worst is when you're 3/4 of the way through a run and someone gets kicked, and it's like "we well we might as well wipe so that person doesn't miss X drop".

It's really putting years on me and making the Raid no fun as once the glitches start, they don't ever seem to go away and the run is doomed where you're trying to complete phases despite glitches.

That being said..... That laugh at the totems were mighty, we must have been there like 2 hour. Between yourself, Gimli and Icy it was gas craic :pac: (despite what Gimli said about me rage quitting :D)
    You won't get booted by the clan. What you'll find on your return, are raid parties forming but invites don't reach the message board a bit. It's hard to break in when established groups want to run with the same players every week.

Just on this, I've been open to taking on newbies all weekend where I can and have had very little uptake (aside from taking Talos through the Warpriest).

I'm trying to get 1 experienced (See quick) run out and 2 featuring newbies. I think most people are Raid ready now and just need to get in there and learn the mechanics.

What people ARE NOT doing (not you in particular Petking) is pre-arranging Raid groups (like, say I do), hence why if i'm raiding at 8pm, I'll post a message at 2pm and 6pm letting people know and then i'll form a dedicated 6-person chat to arrange it, if one of those 6 people bail, well that's a different matter.

Pre-scheulding is key really. I'm more than happy to take 4 or 6 newbies (at least as far as Oryx) in 2 groups this week once I get a "Quickie" out of the way on Tuesday with my Main (Warlock) as I want him to be as close to 310 as possible before the weekend

I got so much grief for playing with you guys Friday. I didn't help matters by jumping into a party chat and asking if a couple of them could help us out. "Eh Gim your clan is doing the Raid in 5 minutes and we're a person short"
    "Ok , see yeas later!" Didn't go down well.
    Was great fun even when Cormac got all shouty and pretended his dog killed the internet.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I got so much grief for playing with you guys Friday. I didn't help matters by jumping into a party chat and asking if a couple of them could help us out. "Eh Gim your clan is doing the Raid in 5 minutes and we're a person short"
    "Ok , see yeas later!" Didn't go down well.
    Was great fun even when Cormac got all shouty and pretended his dog killed the internet.

I caused descent in your clan by selfishly wanting my own "Drunk Raid" group

..... And JCD who was treating himself to a low-fat Appletini

• Registered Users Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Is this an Xbox thing or an LFG thing

I believe the collective noun for these groups is w*nkers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,602 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I did a few Raids over the weekend (with only people in Ireland) and it was even worse than that at times. It was a f**king mess.

AbusesToilets is in the states and that wasn't the issue. Gimlis connection was gone to hell by the time we reached the sisters. Tried with Doon_Lad last night, had too boot him (and message him, he couldn't even get in the party or stay in the game for 30 seconds) as his connection was atrocious too and was causing it to be unplayable (to the point where he was dong that Dead and Alive at the same time thing).

Rossi came in then, again to more issues. Terry had the same thing happen last weekend. Even on Saturday Needs_More_Bear was having issues (think he was alive and dead too). Over all the Raids I did over the past 2 weeks, there's constantly issues, I don't think it's continent based.

I mean, just look at Totzs video back a page. Once you have one player on a red bar, it seems you're screwed, which is different to when you'd run Crota, as long as the host was green, you were good to go.

It's so frustrating for everyone to do everything right and then be screwed by lag/server issues. Worst is when you're 3/4 of the way through a run and someone gets kicked, and it's like "we well we might as well wipe so that person doesn't miss X drop".

It's really putting years on me and making the Raid no fun as once the glitches start, they don't ever seem to go away and the run is doomed where you're trying to complete phases despite glitches.

That being said..... That laugh at the totems were mighty, we must have been there like 2 hour. Between yourself, Gimli and Icy it was gas craic :pac: (despite what Gimli said about me rage quitting :D)

Hopefully my connection won't be a problem for much longer. Replaced that PoS Sky router with something that works properly and am scheduled to switch to fibre next Wednesday.

Even just changing the router last night made a big difference. IB was much less laggy(was still ending up with too many assists though :pac:). Having a router with proper QoS settings helps a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 chunkydave

@Cormac, I agree, the issues with the raid a maintaining a decent group connection is a massive problem. I'm not pushed running the raid until all the bugs/server issues are sorted by Bungie. Icy and Gimli were hilarious. Honestly came close to having to change my trousers on a few occasions from laughing so hard!

Thats the part of the experience that is being diluted by the connection issues, its the same in crucible when running a full fireteam. When I was getting kicked Friday, I did a speed test and was getting a stable 10mb down and 5mb up with a ping of 30. That was the first time I was kicked from the Kings Fall raid which is why it was so infuriating to get kicked 4-5 times in the space of an hour and a half.

I'm happy enough to run the strikes as the lure of getting strike specific loot is a nice incentive to keep me pre-occupied. In saying all that, I know by Friday I'll have a bee in my bonnet to try Hardmode Kings Fall!

Cormac... wrote:
    What people ARE NOT doing (not you in particular Petking) is pre-arranging Raid groups (like, say I do), hence why if i'm raiding at 8pm, I'll post a message at 2pm and 6pm letting people know and then i'll form a dedicated 6-person chat to arrange it, if one of those 6 people bail, well that's a different matter.

Apologies, don't mean it aimed at any person or group. I've missed most messages from people arranging raids, I think I just expected there to be more groups forming on the clan chat that evening like with VoG or CE. I can see how arranging is advantageous given the length of time (even without lags and disconnects) it can take to complete KF. Hopefully once more play it through and gain experience, more groups can form and complete it faster. I'm nowhere near ready for HM anyway.

Side question, feels like the elemental elephant in the room?! :) beside the Zhalo Supercell, are there going to be elemental primary weapons? Are these drops from KF HM?

Needs_More_Bear was having issues (think he was alive and dead too).

I now have ****ty internet, and that is likely to persist until I get a job, and can move again.
    The unfortunate thing is, that eircom fibre to supposed to be rolled out in my area soon, but we probably won't be able to get it, because reasons.

I wasn't able to get into Crucible solo, or get a matchmade team for a strike on Saturday.
    I think I shall call a halt to raiding for myself for the time being, unless I am really, really, needed, and won't even think about hard mode. Don't like the idea of ****ing up the raid on people.

What was really strange about the raid, is that even with my ****ty connection, I was able to hear the party chat with no problems.
    And yes, Sniper got a picture of me standing beside my Ghost. Sweet lag.

I think I just expected there to be more groups forming on the clan chat that evening like with VoG or CE.

Honestly, it was the EXACT same when VoG and CE 1st launched for 2-4 weeks afterwards, one or two groups going at it until everyone gets experience and a few drops to help them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Oops, was full up on marks, so before running the daily I blew cleverly invested 150 on DO's Hung Jury.

Fixed that for ya!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement